Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Just had this happen again on a second playthrough, so I'm just going to go ahead and say that Lombard Station is a buggy piece of poo poo.

Honest Question: have you tried redownloading it? Because I've used it every play through since I got new vegas with no issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

so I apparently need to reinstall FOMM, since it crashes seconds after clicking it's icon. It just says that something is wrong and then stops itself from running.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Maybe this is too much, but on a hardmode+ mod with extra perks from other mods, I feel like this gives you an incentive to raise a good portfolio of skills without just maxing out three or four. It's really nice to increase a skill and get free, relevant perks related to the skill, like you're actually learning tricks along with the raw number increases. It allows me to take perks I would never consider, or get perks from the mod I'd never take even if I'd like it with my build.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35043/

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

This is more a question for Fallout 3, but is there a lightweight mod for Fallout 3 that basically imports New Vegas's hardcore mode? I think it's balanced pretty good and isn't too intrusive, and I'm not interested in stuff like FWE that changes every other aspect of the game.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

This is more a question for Fallout 3, but is there a lightweight mod for Fallout 3 that basically imports New Vegas's hardcore mode? I think it's balanced pretty good and isn't too intrusive, and I'm not interested in stuff like FWE that changes every other aspect of the game.

Tale of Two Wastelands lets you play fallout 3 with new vegas's engine, iron sights, hardcore mode, and all. And even better, you can then fast travel to new vegas and own zone the whole mojave.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Black August posted:

Maybe this is too much, but on a hardmode+ mod with extra perks from other mods, I feel like this gives you an incentive to raise a good portfolio of skills without just maxing out three or four. It's really nice to increase a skill and get free, relevant perks related to the skill, like you're actually learning tricks along with the raw number increases. It allows me to take perks I would never consider, or get perks from the mod I'd never take even if I'd like it with my build.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35043/

I use this and I really like it. I love perks, and this mod makes the raising of skills have a more noticeable benefit outside of increases in efficiency of shooting or healing or passing checks in dialogue.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Mortimer posted:

Tale of Two Wastelands lets you play fallout 3 with new vegas's engine, iron sights, hardcore mode, and all. And even better, you can then fast travel to new vegas and own zone the whole mojave.

Holy balls, this is for real? Does it break F3 in any significant way, or am I getting the full F3 experience plus some? I can't wait to get home and try this! Is there an explanation for the 4 year break between games?

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

chaosapiant posted:

Holy balls, this is for real? Does it break F3 in any significant way, or am I getting the full F3 experience plus some? I can't wait to get home and try this! Is there an explanation for the 4 year break between games?

It's for real, I've been going through a playthrough with it and all the F3 quests and DLC work. The addon adds a train station with a small quest to complete to get the train running, and when you do take the train to NV it gives you a "9 years later" screen and then plays the New Vegas intro.

There are a couple optional addons that it comes with that are sort of recommended - one changes speech checks in F3 to work more like NV, one will alter Capital Wasteland Super Mutants to be F3 versions because normally they are the stronger New Vegas versions, and there's also one to change the XP curve so you gain levels more slowly.

It will take a while to generate the mod files once you start, so be ready for that. Also if you're running Windows 8/8.1 you actually have to pay attention while it's packaging the files because you have to manually close the console windows it opens when they're done.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Does anyone have good recommendations on bodymods? I wanted to use spice of life which requires them but couldn't get the ones linked working with either mod organizer or fomm.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I really wanted to use spice of life but even though I picked a clothed version I got to Zion and Follows-Chalk had his junk all hanging out, so I said goodbye to it. :(

Edit: I've been generally dissatisifed with the variety of non-tactilol armor mods out there, especially cowboy themed stuff. I'm thinking of figuring out nifskope so I can do something about that.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 12, 2014

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Davoren posted:

I really wanted to use spice of life but even though I picked a clothed version I got to Zion and Follows-Chalk had his junk all hanging out, so I said goodbye to it. :(

Edit: I've been generally dissatisifed with the variety of non-tactilol armor mods out there, especially cowboy themed stuff. I'm thinking of figuring out nifskope so I can do something about that.

That's odd, I haven't had any problems with junk hanging out with the underwear options on both body replacers.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
IS there a mod for going over the 100 level cap? Just for the hell of it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Darth Freddy posted:

IS there a mod for going over the 100 level cap? Just for the hell of it.

You'll have to talk to this guy.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

LLCoolJD posted:

You'll have to talk to this guy.

Why would you remind anyone of that? Why?

Barn Owl
Oct 29, 2005
"text"

Poison Mushroom posted:

Is that episode hated or something? Is it all the Wesley?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Is that not the 'what happens when you go past Warp 10' episode?

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Only thing I can say I hate about it is that they never really did anything with Wesley being special after that.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Poison Mushroom posted:

:newlol: It is the episode where they break the traditional warp limit and go "Where No One Has Gone Before." That was actually a better Wesley/Traveler episode than the dreadful "Journey's End" episode. You can Google that one if you want to learn more about it. Wesley was shown to be very gifted, and he saved the ship on more than one occasion... but it's true they never really developed him into the once-in-a-generation genius he was supposed to be. To keep this thread (somewhat) on track:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52621/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJAvHJ-N0E

The grips must be velcro.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Does not look like the sword of Kahless 1/10 would not decapitate foes with.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jesus, that dude sounds creepy as hell.

Also has Fiends with enormous exposed tits that he's too busy staring at to notice the mismatched face texture.

:nexus:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

LLCoolJD posted:

:newlol: It is the episode where they break the traditional warp limit and go "Where No One Has Gone Before." That was actually a better Wesley/Traveler episode than the dreadful "Journey's End" episode. You can Google that one if you want to learn more about it. Wesley was shown to be very gifted, and he saved the ship on more than one occasion... but it's true they never really developed him into the once-in-a-generation genius he was supposed to be. To keep this thread (somewhat) on track:

:stare:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Pretty bummed to come back to the game after a year and see that APEX ENB isnt really supported anymore, Seems like slim pickings on new vegas for something similar, I just really want my blown out apocalypse sunscape and night time over exaggerated neon lighting :saddowns:

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Uhm, the game hasn't been updated during that time so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to use it?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Uhm, the game hasn't been updated during that time so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to use it?

Yes there is. ENB presets need to be updated when ENB updates, otherwise their features get all jumbled up and they usually don't work anymore. It has nothing to do with the game. Thus, you either need to use an old/unsupported ENB injector and miss out on some of its features, or install the current ENB and fiddle with it until you have it to your liking (which I recommend!).

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

CJacobs posted:

Yes there is. ENB presets need to be updated when ENB updates, otherwise their features get all jumbled up and they usually don't work anymore. It has nothing to do with the game. Thus, you either need to use an old/unsupported ENB injector and miss out on some of its features, or install the current ENB and fiddle with it until you have it to your liking (which I recommend!).

Yeah, I think apex is still using an older version and doesnt work with the newer (better versions) out there, FNV doesnt load if I try to run it with the latest version. If I go off the official thread for it, it hasnt been updated since April and a commenter is asking him why he is still going off 1.5 which was even a slightly outdated version when I was using it (current version is like 2,5 now, well after ENB started pushing out the anti crashing stuff that Boris came up with)

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, I think apex is still using an older version and doesnt work with the newer (better versions) out there, FNV doesnt load if I try to run it with the latest version. If I go off the official thread for it, it hasnt been updated since April and a commenter is asking him why he is still going off 1.5 which was even a slightly outdated version when I was using it (current version is like 2,5 now, well after ENB started pushing out the anti crashing stuff that Boris came up with)

Fair enough, I thought you actually couldn't use it rather than it just being outdated.

P.S: Don't use Rudy.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Only once you have listened to Verne Lundquist golf telecasts can you truly know the horror that is loud nose breathing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

LLCoolJD posted:

I am... actually impressed by that. She holds it by the handles and everything, though it is an... *adjusts glasses* unorthodox stance.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
What ENBs are recommended these days?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Gyshall posted:

I just use the most endorsed one on Nexus and I think it looks really great. I do get some weird shadow stuff around the edges of my screen though, but I think that's just a problem that ENB has in general. I turned off a few things via the in-game menu that I thought didn't look that great, like Depth of Field.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Did that skyrim fix that allocated like four times the memory make it to new vegas?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

LLCoolJD posted:

I'm mostly upset that he's not using DarnUI and a Pip-boy alternative. Does that make me a bad guy?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

LoonShia posted:

I'm mostly upset that he's not using DarnUI and a Pip-boy alternative. Does that make me a bad guy?

Nope, after I got past the awful raiders and voice, that was my next thought.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Gyshall posted:

Onix and Rudy seem to be the two most recommended these days. Those that prefer Onix will tell you not to use Rudy and those that prefer Rudy will tell you not to use Onix.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Mortimer posted:

Did that skyrim fix that allocated like four times the memory make it to new vegas?

New vegas has had large address aware .exes for like forever, though the skyrim update made it play nice with windows 8. FNV4GB is in the op and/or nexus.

Naky posted:

Onix and Rudy seem to be the two most recommended these days. Those that prefer Onix will tell you not to use Rudy and those that prefer Rudy will tell you not to use Onix.

I like Onix. Haven't looked at Ruby yet though.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

SpookyLizard posted:

New vegas has had large address aware .exes for like forever, though the skyrim update made it play nice with windows 8. FNV4GB is in the op and/or nexus.

Not the same thing. I'm talking about this
http://enbdev.com/ctdfix.html

quote:

When tesv.exe is started it allocates two 256MB blocks of memory. When the first block gets full, the engine will allocate more blocks. This can cause the known troubles. Thankfully, by telling the engine to request a bigger block from the start it magically makes use of it without any further ado. This isn't the case with the second block. Thankfully again, the second block does not fill up as quickly and once it is full the engine does not trip over itself when allocating more blocks.

To make the engine allocate a larger block of memory it needs to be patched. This needs to happen very early in the process. This can not be done by a SKSE plugin because they are executed much later. However, SKSE loader already patches tesv.exe before the game starts and since SKSE sources are provided adding the patch is straight forward.

fakeedit: nope doesn't look like it's been done.
realedit: it also isn't enboost, it's a separate thing entirely.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Not the same thing. I'm talking about this
http://enbdev.com/ctdfix.html

fakeedit: nope doesn't look like it's been done.
realedit: it also isn't enboost, it's a separate thing entirely.

Fallout New Vegas allocates memory differently than Skyrim so it cannot be ported over. The closest thing is the heap replacement option of the more recent versions of the New Vegas Stutter Remover.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Anyone happen to have this on hand that they can toss on dropbox or something? Nexus is being Nexus.

e: Also how well would it work to run FOMM through MO so I can install FOMODs reliably while still keeping my data folder clean?

Tumblr of scotch fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 14, 2014

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Anyone happen to have this on hand that they can toss on dropbox or something? Nexus is being Nexus.

e: Also how well would it work to run FOMM through MO so I can install FOMODs reliably while still keeping my data folder clean?

Actually I came in here to see if anyone else had noticed Nexus decided put that under "review". Right when I decided I was interested in giving it a shot, it happened. I've heard stories of Nexus doing things like this before. Is there a chance it'll come back in the future, or should I just regret not picking it up sooner?

e: Awful punctuation that I still probably screwed up.

Hatastrophe fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

when will nexus learn that modders don't actually have rights?