Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Our man Peter with the most awkward tweet regarding Robin Williams:
https://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing/status/498982297757306882

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
Peter King is the loving worst.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Sir, please. I'm only speaking to you because I'm required to

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MonsterWalk posted:

Peter King is the loving worst.

He's bad, but Omar Kelly still exists.

These are from the last hour.

@OmarKelly: Ask yourself who uncovers & documents most of the world's corruption? Newspapers are the watchdog for the world's evil people.

@OmarKelly: While football practice might confuse some, I've been doing them for 25-years. At this point it's like the Matrix to me. I see the code.

@OmarKelly: Caleb Sturgis might want to try yoga. That really helped me with my groin/hernia issues.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Omar Kelly depresses me

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

football fuckerman posted:

Omar Kelly depresses me

After falling short of achieving his childhood dream to become a super hero, Omar Kelly figured he'd do the next best thing and become a journalist who fights against injustice, and searches for truth. After being bored to death reporting news and covering politics, he switched to sports.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Hey son, wanna hear a joke?"
"Sure dad!"
"Your mom has an inoperable brain tumor"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

He's bad, but Omar Kelly still exists.

These are from the last hour.

@OmarKelly: Ask yourself who uncovers & documents most of the world's corruption? Newspapers are the watchdog for the world's evil people.

@OmarKelly: While football practice might confuse some, I've been doing them for 25-years. At this point it's like the Matrix to me. I see the code.

@OmarKelly: Caleb Sturgis might want to try yoga. That really helped me with my groin/hernia issues.

Maybe there is some context to those posts that I'm missing, but presented in that order in such a short time frame it just screams "maybe not mental illness but certainly in need of some therapy" to me. Like, dude has some real issues with narcissism.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chichevache posted:

Like, dude has some real issues with narcissism.

A sports journalist with serious narcissism?

*monocle pops out, achieves orbit*

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chichevache posted:

Maybe there is some context to those posts that I'm missing, but presented in that order in such a short time frame it just screams "maybe not mental illness but certainly in need of some therapy" to me. Like, dude has some real issues with narcissism.

There is at least a handful of those tweets every single day from Omar. It's a constant goldmine because he tweets so much.

He is at 149,600 tweets right now lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ehud posted:

There is at least a handful of those tweets every single day from Omar. It's a constant goldmine because he tweets so much.

That's literally 75 tweets a day haha

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

That's literally 75 tweets a day haha

That seems low. He must be tweeting a lot more since I began following him.

Here are some from just now. He's going on a rant again.

@OmarKelly: People often ask why do I spent so much time explaining myself. What they don't realize is...you don't see my mentions.

@OmarKelly: People discover me by word of mouth. They have no clue who I am, what I do, why I do it, what qualifies me. Therefore, they challenge me.

@OmarKelly: Please understand about 2,000 new people have followed me since camp started. Family members, agents, friends. I hurt their feelings plenty.

@OmarKelly: That's not my intent. I'm like a ref calling a game. I call a fair 1. I don't play favorites, don't do politics. I'm just straight shooting

@OmarKelly: Most new followers either love me, or hate me (story of my life). I mean no harm. What I'm doing is my job. I'm not meant for everyone.

@OmarKelly: If you stay in your feelings, or have a sensitive stomach, or don't like to hear MY TRUTHS....I do both of us a favor & unfollow.

@OmarKelly: As I said when camp began...if you're new just be quiet and observe what I do and how I do it. Soon enough you'll figure me out.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Pretty amazing to see the entire field of journalism invented before our eyes. Thank god its inventor is also the world's greatest mansplainer to hold our hands through the process

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Ehud posted:

I've been on the SA forums since April 8, 2001.

I have 9914 posts. 149,000, Jesus Christ.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@OmarKelly: I'm not an ego driven guy (despite what my critics think), but my numbers have ALWAYS spoken for themselves. Numbers bring power & influence

@OmarKelly: I work VERY HARD not to abuse that power and influence. Today that's my biggest battle on a daily basis.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
every day its a struggle to not abuse my IMMENSE power and influence. it's just so hard guys. you don't kow you wouldn't understand . . .

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
what numbers, Omar? Are pageviews keeping the ol Miami Herald afloat?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

what numbers, Omar? Are pageviews keeping the ol Miami Herald afloat?

@OmarKelly: Today has probably been my most productive day as a journalist this whole year, & I haven't written a word. Relationships run this business

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly: Today has probably been my most productive day as a journalist this whole year, & I haven't written a word. Relationships run this business

"I made a career for myself on my knees and not with a pen"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

And here I am, dispensing my terrible opinion on sports on the internet for the last 15 years, for free, like a moron.

I wish I could have known how to monetize this a long time ago.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Omar actually blocked FakeOmarKelly before saying a word, and actually contacted both the FOK account and told Twitter to shut it down.

Hes a loving gem.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Omar actually blocked FakeOmarKelly before saying a word, and actually contacted both the FOK account and told Twitter to shut it down.

Hes a loving gem.

Yeah, but did he tell on you to your college teacher.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Ehud posted:

Within the last three hours since Ehud posted:

@OmarKelly The radio segment I did TODAY with Guzio and Donno might be the best interview I've done ALL YEAR. It was a great discussion.

@OmarKelly While I've done a TON of work & research on Chris McCain, notice I haven't written a story yet. Sometimes good reporting takes time.

@OmarKelly I have nicknames for each of the loyal, faithful, hardcore followers. Don't ask....some aren't flattering. Nobody better than Smurf Killer.

@OmarKelly To @NYJ_Henry I like you, but I have to remind myself you're the enemy. You'll stab me in the back if you catch me slipping.

The narcissism and persecution complex is overwhelming.

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Aug 13, 2014

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
If anyone follows @Bro_Pair, who just published a 14-page story on pro wrestling without ever tweeting about it beforehand--and he tweets a lot--it just underlines how loving stupid and baseless Kelly's smug poo poo is

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

If anyone follows @Bro_Pair, who just published a 14-page story on pro wrestling without ever tweeting about it beforehand--and he tweets a lot--it just underlines how loving stupid and baseless Kelly's smug poo poo is

I quit twitter to try and get my life back, can you link the article

nm found it https://www.jacobinmag.com/2014/08/money-in-the-bank/

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
That Bro_Pair article is fantastic.

Before we crown Omar as the worst, let's remember the time PK stole a ball from a child. Then wrote about it with absolutely no loving shame.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Peter King amuses me because he seems to have no earthly idea that people loving hate him. He just spends week after week talking about his stupid bullshit completely unaware of how universally loathed he is.

Which is what made the Reddit AMA hilarious

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

MonsterWalk posted:

That Bro_Pair article is fantastic.

Before we crown Omar as the worst, let's remember the time PK stole a ball from a child. Then wrote about it with absolutely no loving shame.

I'm pretty sure I read about this before, but can you link it?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Peter King amuses me because he seems to have no earthly idea that people loving hate him. He just spends week after week talking about his stupid bullshit completely unaware of how universally loathed he is.

The man wrote about his bowel movements in a media column available to readers worldwide and got paid for it.

And it wasn't a troll column either. He was absolutely loving sincere about sharing his adventures in mildly-inconvenient diarrhea with the human race as a whole.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I remember someone asked him what he felt about KSK's long standing tradition of mocking him every week and he said he doesn't read it because it made him sad.

I think he just ignores people who don't agree with him and lives in a comfortable bubble where his success allows him to not notice his critcism.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
@OmarKelly: People discover me by word of mouth. They have no clue who I am, what I do, why I do it, what qualifies me. Therefore, they challenge me.

From a few post back but :lol: at this tweet. Jesus.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Febreeze posted:

I remember someone asked him what he felt about KSK's long standing tradition of mocking him every week and he said he doesn't read it because it made him sad.

I think he just ignores people who don't agree with him and lives in a comfortable bubble where his success allows him to not notice his critcism.

He's a lucky loving bastard and I hate him unreservedly for it. Basically if you showed Peter King to the God of Moses, he'd go back and rewrite the 10th Commandment.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 13, 2014

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
People like Omar Kelly and Greggggg Doyel make me think sports media is one of those industries where once you get one big time job, you will not be shown the door no matter how bad you show your rear end. Jay Mariotti had to beat up his girlfriend twice to go away.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Thats what I mean though. Like this week when he was upset people were mean to him about the Cam Newton thing. He reacts to criticism with this weird sadness like "whaddya mean you don't like me?" as if the notion people don't like him is so completely foreign to him.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

A Man and his dog posted:

From a few post back but :lol: at this tweet. Jesus.

Well it's true. The only people who challenge Omar Kelley are ignorant fools, and we should all just bask in his TRUTH.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Mel Mudkiper posted:

http://awfulannouncing.com/the-lock...-the-year-award

Most awkward tweet of the year! Weird.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

I was musing about today about how bad football commentary is. Can you name a single commentator or writer who actually discusses the strategy that goes on in a a game? What schemes the teams generally run, how they appear to have schemed for the game, how they countered each other and adjusted within the game, what plays they ran, why they ran them, how things are evolving or changed. FO gets there with some play-by-play analysis but it's exceedingly rare for how large the sport is.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Its Miller Time posted:

I was musing about today about how bad football commentary is. Can you name a single commentator or writer who actually discusses the strategy that goes on in a a game? What schemes the teams generally run, how they appear to have schemed for the game, how they countered each other and adjusted within the game, what plays they ran, why they ran them, how things are evolving or changed. FO gets there with some play-by-play analysis but it's exceedingly rare for how large the sport is.

I can't claim to know how good his analysis is, but Mike Mayock seems to try to stick to what's happening on the field rather than idiotic "narratives".

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Its Miller Time posted:

Mike Tanier occasionally does some, but if I actually start looking for breakdowns I usually go all the way to someone like Muth, who probably doesn't even get 10 grand a year to write what he does, which is a shame. (Salary pulled completely out of my rear end because I assume he does it for fun and not profit) Gruden is honestly the only big name guy I can think of who discusses that, and he usually saves it for things like the QB camp videos and not the games, which is a tragedy.

I also don't like lumping Gruden in with the media because to me he still feels like a coach, just one who is out of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Well the thing I hate about football is there's too many testicles

• Locked thread