Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

ghostwritingduck posted:

Me too. What are we supposed to do?
Answer's in the PT thread if you're tearing your hair out.

Just be forewarned: you're going to feel like a dumdum. Everyone does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I am super excited for Diablo 3 and will probably double dip that but man does sorting through your inventory get annoying when you're playing on the couch with 3 other people, playing online will be fun though and 60fps looks fantastic.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

With games where you can import your save from PS3, how does that affect trophies? I.e. I have GTA5, I will get GTA5 again when it comes out on PS4, will I have a second entry and have to start again or are the PS3 and PS4 trophies the same list?

I know I now have two entries for TLoU but one says "Remastered" so fair enough, especially as you could not import your save games.

Have any games actually done this save game migration thing yet?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

shmee posted:

With games where you can import your save from PS3, how does that affect trophies? I.e. I have GTA5, I will get GTA5 again when it comes out on PS4, will I have a second entry and have to start again or are the PS3 and PS4 trophies the same list?

I know I now have two entries for TLoU but one says "Remastered" so fair enough, especially as you could not import your save games.

Have any games actually done this save game migration thing yet?

It's a second entry in your trophy list. You'll have a GTAV (PS3) trophy set and a GTAV (PS4) trophy set. I don't anticipate progress to transfer over. You need to earn that poo poo.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So I just now got updated with all the announcements. I'm bummed about Tomb Raider, but holy poo poo is there a bunch more stuff taking its place within the next 6 months to a year!

Del Toro and Kojima on a Silent Hill game? You gotta be kidding me! Tearaway, Journey, Wild, and Rime all should be fun on PS4, and Drive Club and The Order 1886 have potential as well.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
So now we just need to wait until September 18-21 for Tokyo Game Show for even more new game reveals, which is something Shu has promised, including some more non-Western focused games (presumably, JRPGs and the like).

I have to say, I'm almost more impressed by Gamescom than I was E3, but maybe that's because the lead up was much quieter so the reveals were pleasantly surprising. A lot of E3 is just hype, after all.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Morby posted:

So I just now got updated with all the announcements. I'm bummed about Tomb Raider, but holy poo poo is there a bunch more stuff taking its place within the next 6 months to a year!

Del Toro and Kojima on a Silent Hill game? You gotta be kidding me! Tearaway, Journey, Wild, and Rime all should be fun on PS4, and Drive Club and The Order 1886 have potential as well.

Pretty much. No Tomb Raider is sad, but it's not like I would have time to play it anyway with all the other games I'm excited for

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

timeandtide posted:

So now we just need to wait until September 18-21 for Tokyo Game Show for even more new game reveals, which is something Shu has promised, including some more non-Western focused games (presumably, JRPGs and the like).

I have to say, I'm almost more impressed by Gamescom than I was E3, but maybe that's because the lead up was much quieter so the reveals were pleasantly surprising. A lot of E3 is just hype, after all.

Yeah, their conference today was really, really good. And pretty much everything other than Kojima and Destiny was from European developers, so I'm guessing almost everything from TGS will be from Japanese developers. If it is a similar amount of games... drat.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Phill Spencer himself actually came out and said in an interview on Rise of the Tomb Raider that it's "exclusive for holiday 2015," i.e. absolutely coming out for both PC and PS4/3 unless Microsoft really ponies up the money. Assuming these editions are all ready to go, I think that means we'll see it in March 2016.

It is kind of chickenshit that it's a really late 2015/2016 release that's still getting put out on last generation hardware, though. Hats off to Ubisoft, whatever else they might do, for throwing down and making AC: Unity next-gen only within the first year.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Good lord I can't even play P.T. It's legitimately terrifying to me. I don't know what it is but the opening minutes filled me with so much dread I had to shut it off. What the hell.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kilometers Davis posted:

Good lord I can't even play P.T. It's legitimately terrifying to me. I don't know what it is but the opening minutes filled me with so much dread I had to shut it off. What the hell.
That's my reaction to all horror games these days. I'm not even going to try.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's a second entry in your trophy list. You'll have a GTAV (PS3) trophy set and a GTAV (PS4) trophy set. I don't anticipate progress to transfer over. You need to earn that poo poo.

Rockstar has said GTA Online progress will transfer over so if you've got all those trophies in GTA5 PS3 for it then they should auto-pop.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Kilometers Davis posted:

It's actually what I've always wanted in a horror game: miles of atmosphere with absolutely no consequence whatsoever if you gently caress up.

Mainly because I'm terrible at video games.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's my reaction to all horror games these days. I'm not even going to try.

I rarely get scared like that honestly but it's awful. Nothing was even happening and I got a horrible sinking feeling in my gut. I love it though and I'm going to try it again soon.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Ah I see. I don't care too much about achievements but it will be kinda nice that just in playing a game I like I can get a bunch of things twice with no effort, and inflate the size of my pSNenis in the process. I'm nearly level 7! I don't know what that means but it's more than 6! That's good, right?

Edit:

Policenaut posted:

Rockstar has said GTA Online progress will transfer over so if you've got all those trophies in GTA5 PS3 for it then they should auto-pop.

Nice.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

P.T is legitimately creepy until you get stuck and can't figure out how to trigger the last little bits. I have no idea how to finish it and no one else seems to know an exact method either.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

PT is scary if your idea of scary are those flash videos that start off all quiet then scream at you

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So, catching up on the videos, MGS is now Tactical Box Action?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Samurai Sanders posted:

So, catching up on the videos, MGS is now Tactical Box Action?

No. It's Super SeriouSilly Tactical Box Action

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fateo McMurray posted:

No. It's Super SeriouSilly Tactical Box Action

I find it hilarious that MGS5 is supposed to be all about Big Boss losing what remains of his heroic MGS3 self, and yet he still puts pin-up girls on his cardboard boxes.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TaurusOxford posted:

I find it hilarious that MGS5 is supposed to be all about Big Boss losing what remains of his heroic MGS3 self, and yet he still puts pin-up girls on his cardboard boxes.
Like the Yakuza series, MGS is always about a careful balance of the melodramatic and the silly. I am ok with that.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I literally just purchased a PS4 today and now I find out about this Kojima/del Toro/P.T. business. gently caress yes. Silent Hills 1-3 are some of my favorite games ever (especially 2). I'm so happy with my impulsiveness right now.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Has anyone been able to launch the PS4 version of Hohokum? I just keep getting a "CE-34632-8" message. Already tried deleting and redownloading.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

JordanKai posted:

I can't even finish P.T because it's after midnight and I'm a big baby. :qq:

I'm like 10 minutes in and I already feel this way.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Surlaw posted:

Has anyone been able to launch the PS4 version of Hohokum? I just keep getting a "CE-34632-8" message. Already tried deleting and redownloading.

You've probably tried already, but if not restore your licenses in settings somewhere.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

timeandtide posted:

Phill Spencer himself actually came out and said in an interview on Rise of the Tomb Raider that it's "exclusive for holiday 2015," i.e. absolutely coming out for both PC and PS4/3 unless Microsoft really ponies up the money. Assuming these editions are all ready to go, I think that means we'll see it in March 2016.

It is kind of chickenshit that it's a really late 2015/2016 release that's still getting put out on last generation hardware, though. Hats off to Ubisoft, whatever else they might do, for throwing down and making AC: Unity next-gen only within the first year.

I hope the eventual PC/PS4 release will be an "Ultimate Edition" and will include whatever DLC they put out for Xbone with it for a relatively cheap price. The E3 reveal for the game made the multiplayer look interesting and fun, so I hope that turns out to be the case.

I get why Square Enix made this decision. Final Fantasy is a huge money pit and they haven't really gotten the ROI that they want yet from stuff like FFXIII-3 and FFXIV. It still annoys me that they are still gonna be supporting 360 in Holiday 2015, thus limiting the game from a technological standpoint.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I wonder if that game that Del Toro was making (Insane) got canned and/or rolled into whatever PT ends up being?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

PT is silent hill

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Puddin posted:

I wonder if that game that Del Toro was making (Insane) got canned and/or rolled into whatever PT ends up being?
There's a talking fetus, so yes.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
I am such a giant chickenshit that I turned PT off as soon as I got to the first corner.

timeandtide posted:

Yeah we pretty much knew every E3 announcement ahead of time. They showed a lot of games today, and the vast majority were new. I was impressed by all the first party games that should give PS+ a nice variety next year.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Oh come on PT can't be that scar...

:stare:

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Morby posted:

I hope the eventual PC/PS4 release will be an "Ultimate Edition" and will include whatever DLC they put out for Xbone with it for a relatively cheap price. The E3 reveal for the game made the multiplayer look interesting and fun, so I hope that turns out to be the case.

I think you're confusing Rise of the Tomb Raider with Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, because they haven't shown Rise multiplayer yet. Temple of Osiris is still coming to PS4 on December 9th.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
How are the recent Silent Hill games, though? Last one I played is...that one where the Other World is sort of all icy...Downpour? That wasn't as good as 2 or 3. I want to get hyped about new Silent Hill but I heard they never became as good as the peak that is 2 and 3.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

toanoradian posted:

How are the recent Silent Hill games, though? Last one I played is...that one where the Other World is sort of all icy...Downpour? That wasn't as good as 2 or 3. I want to get hyped about new Silent Hill but I heard they never became as good as the peak that is 2 and 3.

Shattered Memories is interesting but not really scary. The others are all kind of degrees of mediocre-to-lovely.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I will play PT tomorrow when it is sunny out and the cats are awake to protect me.

Does Diablo 3 have online multi-player? All I can find is articles about couch co-op.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

ImpAtom posted:

Shattered Memories is interesting but not really scary. The others are all kind of degrees of mediocre-to-lovely.

Well, then I hope Hideo Kojima/Guillermo del Toro can make a good one, then!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Pleads posted:

I will play PT tomorrow when it is sunny out and the cats are awake to protect me.

Does Diablo 3 have online multi-player? All I can find is articles about couch co-op.

Diablo 3 has up to 4 players in any combination of couch/online you want.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Equilibrium posted:

I think you're confusing Rise of the Tomb Raider with Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, because they haven't shown Rise multiplayer yet. Temple of Osiris is still coming to PS4 on December 9th.

I did confuse that. Thanks for clarifying! Temple of Osiris did look pretty fun, so I'm glad we'll have that at least.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a single full playthrough of PT on youtube that doesn't feature some idiot with a scarecam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pomp posted:

Is there a single full playthrough of PT on youtube that doesn't feature some idiot with a scarecam?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vtrGF0ZTRc

Part 2 isn't up yet but there's this.

• Locked thread