Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Looking for an invite. In as B'tel'olak@monkeysensei

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Also looking for an invite Rommel@loadingsa1

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

Mazreal posted:

I just started playing this a few days ago, and I have to say, this romulan campaign is the best star wars mmo on the market.

This game reminds me of SWTOR a great deal in terms of look, feel, and bugs.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Man, the concept art for the Tal'Shiar adapted battlecruiser was much cooler than the final blob of a product.

It's kinda half way in between the battlecruiser and the (in my opinion much better looking) destroyer, actually.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 13, 2014

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

MikeJF posted:

It's kinda half way in between the battlecruiser and the (in my opinion much better looking) destroyer, actually.
Personally, I'm fine with the battle-crab's design. The mandible, on the other hand... the wings hook a bit strangely, and the whole thing just looked too far stretched from bow to stern.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Looks like we got ourselves a good ol' fashioned diff'rnce of opinion here, sonny jim. :clint:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

CrushedWill posted:

This game reminds me of SWTOR a great deal in terms of look, feel, and bugs.
Unlike SWTOR, STO is actually fun on occasion.

MikeJF posted:

Man, the concept art for the Tal'Shiar adapted battlecruiser was much cooler than the final blob of a product.

I dunno. I like the idea of it, but seems just kind of cumbersome. I suspect they were trying to avoid being too much like the 09's Narada, but then found the loophole that let them pull it off.

My only real complaint with the tal'shiar ships is they should have been a bit more blatantly "evolutions" of the canon Romulan ships. Make the D'deridex shape more prominent on the battlecruiser, and maybe more along the Mogai's shape for the destroyer. Also not making the destroyer poo poo would have been nice too, but hey.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Asimo posted:

and maybe more along the Mogai's shape for the destroyer
The Destroyer's seems to be more along the lines of the Dhelan family of ships.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Registered for the wiki give me some access.

What's your wiki username?

Sterling_Archer posted:

Beep boop wiki access please, same name.

Szcwczuk posted:

wiki name: LoadingSA

Mazreal posted:

Edit- Registered for the wiki as Mazreal (same name).

ShadowMoo posted:

Looking for an invite. In as B'tel'olak@monkeysensei

Szcwczuk posted:

Also looking for an invite Rommel@loadingsa1

You're all on the wiki and invited to TheNextGooneration.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I've been having fun with this game leveling my Klank and getting chuckles out of the goofy Trek plot devices. In honor of this thread, the free ship I got upon reaching CDR is the IKS D'kat wz'R'ght in honor of this thread.

Also, I've started collecting on the duty officer missions and I find myself with prisoners, contraband, dilithium ore, and some other things. Dilithium can be refined, I see, and ships cost dilithium. One thing I think I read is that dilithium can be turned into zen tokens. Is this true? Or is Zen a IRL cash money only product.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lorak posted:

The Destroyer's seems to be more along the lines of the Dhelan family of ships.
Yeah, I meant the Mogai was a canon ship, Nemesis or not, so it'd have been a good one to build from.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

MoraleHazard posted:

I've been having fun with this game leveling my Klank and getting chuckles out of the goofy Trek plot devices. In honor of this thread, the free ship I got upon reaching CDR is the IKS D'kat wz'R'ght in honor of this thread.

Also, I've started collecting on the duty officer missions and I find myself with prisoners, contraband, dilithium ore, and some other things. Dilithium can be refined, I see, and ships cost dilithium. One thing I think I read is that dilithium can be turned into zen tokens. Is this true? Or is Zen a IRL cash money only product.

Zen can be bought with refined dilithium from other players via the dilithium exchange, which is accessed under your minimap.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

MoraleHazard posted:

Just about everything you want at end-game will cost refined dilithium, so don't go spending everything you get right away. Dil can be converted to zen at an exchange rate which is determined by supply/demand. Right now lots of people are converting dil to zen, so the exchange rate that direction is pretty bad.

It's probably best to just ignore dilithium while leveling. By all means refine whatever you get, but don't spend any of it until you hit 50 and have a goal in mind. You shouldn't have any difficulties doing the leveling content with non-dil items.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

g0del posted:

Just about everything you want at end-game will cost refined dilithium, so don't go spending everything you get right away.
More to the point, never spend dilithium while leveling up. You'll outgrow the gear and ships way too quickly for it to be worth it.

Similarly, never spend dilithium buying ships in the endgame. All the fancy ones cost Zen, and the ones that are dilithium only usually have far cheaper energy credit "mirror" variants that are semi-common lockbox drops. Just ask when you hit the cap and folks will shower you with the drat things if you can't just snatch a few from the bank.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Looking for an invite Destoration@dest0ration. Registered on wiki as Destoration :v:.

Loopyface
Mar 22, 2003
Registered for the wiki as loopyface
loopyface@loopyface

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
If I could get one of those gooneration invites as well that'd be cool.

Mazreal@oreostes1

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Some SSR/Trek Radio pubbie brought back a thread that's been dead for nearly seven months to bitch about Dental.

quote:

i'm so tired of the constant harrassment that certain fleets do to players who just want to hang out with there friends in the game. It used to be they would only go after RP'rs but now its gone out of control. I am very disgusted in how this game has changed. I blame those who do nothing to stop it. Players have the basic human right to not be lagged out by spammers and not be constantly harrassed by people who's sole purpose is the general annoyance of others. :-( i'm saddened that the game i once loved has become this.

Disco balls = sexual assault
Party poppers = serious breach of basic human rights.

Edit: I believe his name is Vulture.

Also:

A pubbie is also trying to somehow equate STO trolling (denalts) with the trolls who caused Robin Williams' daughter to cancel all her social media accounts.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1194671

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 14, 2014

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Korgan posted:

What's your wiki username?

The same as my username

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
nope

Sterling_Archer fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 27, 2014

Drifter25
Mar 19, 2007
Yup. Pretty much.
Looking for invite for Zallia@rychek442266. He's my brother and I understand mafia rules. I like my knees...

Drifter25 fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 14, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Destoration posted:

Looking for an invite Destoration@dest0ration. Registered on wiki as Destoration :v:.

Loopyface posted:

Registered for the wiki as loopyface
loopyface@loopyface

Mazreal posted:

If I could get one of those gooneration invites as well that'd be cool.

Mazreal@oreostes1

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The same as my username

Sterling_Archer posted:

Raevyn@WaystedMined to the channel/dental, if you please.

You're all invited to the wiki and/or TheNextGooneration.

Drifter25
Mar 19, 2007
Yup. Pretty much.

Drifter25 posted:

Looking for invite for Zallia@rychek442266. He's my brother and I understand mafia rules. I like my knees...

wiki name is Rychek.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Drifter25 posted:

wiki name is Rychek.

Drifter25 posted:

Man you just have the worst luck at getting noticed. Your brother is sorted.

http://scrolldowntoriker.com/

Drifter25
Mar 19, 2007
Yup. Pretty much.
LOL thanks man, that's a bad-rear end link, I clicked it a good 20 times.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DonDoodles posted:

Some SSR/Trek Radio pubbie brought back a thread that's been dead for nearly seven months to bitch about Dental.

Disco balls = sexual assault
Party poppers = serious breach of basic human rights.

Edit: I believe his name is Vulture.

Also:

A pubbie is also trying to somehow equate STO trolling (denalts) with the trolls who caused Robin Williams' daughter to cancel all her social media accounts.

Wow that didn't even last 10 posts before getting closed.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah, OK, at this point it becomes serious: I think we need to give Buschmaki as much help as she needs through this difficult time.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I published a test version of "Bijor, Part 3." Any fed goons want to give it a try and or give it 5 5's so it can go into the regular missions? Looking for typos/bugs/improvements.

It's in the "Browse All" section when you press j and go to the "Foundry" tab. Just search for "bijor" when you're in that tab.

Thanks

e: ffs, smirks closed the gallitep thread on STO. I was going to enter this too!
e2: it might be too short so I'm open to suggestions on making it longer.
e3: It's in the regular foundry now! Thanks

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Aug 14, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

I published a test version of "Bijor, Part 3." Any fed goons

Give us the KDF version already, hitler.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Korgan posted:

Give us the KDF version already, hitler.

Sure, just need Cryptic to give us the ability to copy and paste in the foundry!

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You could just record all your button presses when you make it and replay them for the KDF version. Come on, show some initiative.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Talaxians and Ocampans confirmed, also Kazon for some reason.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

IPCRESS posted:

Yeah, OK, at this point it becomes serious: I think we need to give Buschmaki as much help as she needs through this difficult time.

I am in complete agreement. It's time we do our part to ensure the STO community is a thriving, prosperous one. I'm thinking a revived MOPP PR campaign directed at players feeling victimized by trolling.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Today's patch notes are hella lame for dilithium farming.

quote:

- All Mark rewardpacks now unpack upon pick up.

These can no longer be stacked in the player’s inventory.
Currently, this does not apply Mark Boxes which allow a choice of Marks upon opening the box.

And also for craylon gas farming

quote:

Defend Rh’lhho Station and Mine Trap, regular and elite versions now have the proper cooldown upon completing or leaving the event.

I just hope the reward packs already in my bank aren't affected by this change, so I can get one more marks weekend in. They are really going out of their way to make it annoying to play this game. Though in all honesty it is the refine cap that is the true bottleneck.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 14, 2014

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
To be fair, it's easy as poo poo to farm marks. I've got over 5k since the last dil weekend and I haven't even tried. I don't even want to know how many marks the poop-sockers have already.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Okay so what is better... Elite widows or elite scorps?

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Burning_Monk posted:

Okay so what is better... Elite widows or elite scorps?

What ship are you using them on?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Elite Scorpions are amazing for Borg STF content since 1) most of the objectives involve unloading large amounts of damage into immobile unshielded targets, the sort of thing a flurry of high yield torpedoes accomplishes well, and 2) the Borg doesn't really use AoE attacks that much so your fighters and torpedoes aren't being regularly shot down.

For more recent content though you're probably better off with Widows or Swarmers, yeah.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Technical Analysis posted:

What ship are you using them on?

Vesta

Asimo posted:

Elite Scorpions are amazing for Borg STF content since 1) most of the objectives involve unloading large amounts of damage into immobile unshielded targets, the sort of thing a flurry of high yield torpedoes accomplishes well, and 2) the Borg doesn't really use AoE attacks that much so your fighters and torpedoes aren't being regularly shot down.

For more recent content though you're probably better off with Widows or Swarmers, yeah.

Okay I think I'll go with the Widows, because I'm sick of Borg STFs and don't need them anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Swarmers have the problem of being morons.

They'll die in the first warp core breach.

• Locked thread