Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

poo poo! Wrong Thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Wrong thread good buddy :)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DrBouvenstein posted:

There was a new episode tonight? God drat it...the inconsistency in the scheduling is screwing with my DVR. :mad:

It was also (at least for me) on a different channel than the last two weeks so I commiserate. It was on Disney XD instead of regular Disney channel.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

DrBouvenstein posted:

There was a new episode tonight? God drat it...the inconsistency in the scheduling is screwing with my DVR. :mad:

Yeah, same here. And it's not airing until tomorrow. gently caress.

TheAsterite
Dec 31, 2008
So I'm guessing there's a small hiatus until episode 4? I saw on wikipedia that Golf War isn't airing on the regular Disney channel until the 22nd.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TheAsterite posted:

So I'm guessing there's a small hiatus until episode 4? I saw on wikipedia that Golf War isn't airing on the regular Disney channel until the 22nd.

The gaps between episodes have been a sequence of increasing prime numbers. It might mean something :tinfoil:

Rubber Johnny
Apr 18, 2007

When I was a child if someone brandished a shrink gun he'd get a little bit of respect!
Additional voice by Nathan Fillion? I didn't catch what character he did.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rubber Johnny posted:

Additional voice by Nathan Fillion? I didn't catch what character he did.

Pacifica's Dad

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I just realized something. Big John's sacrifice was all for nothing, :smith:

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

I just realized something. Big John's sacrifice was all for nothing, :smith:

His name was Big Henry you monster.:mad:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

BigRed0427 posted:

I think the Smile Dip joke has been topped as single best joke in the show.
While I didn't find it hilarious, it is probably the most amazingly audacious joke on kids television.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I remember last season the episodes were up like a week in advance for cable subscribers. Are they not doing that anymore? I watched the first two eps of the season early on the Disney XD website, but they're not showing the most recent one at all.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I found the name Hermanos Brothers amusing, if only for it reminding me of that bit from Arrested Development.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The Big Henry joke was so funny, it almost overshadowed my other favorite joke this episode: When Stan lies down in the car, and Soos lies back too (with his shirt off) and says "sure are a lot of stars out tonight" :lol:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

PassTheRemote posted:

I found the name Hermanos Brothers amusing, if only for it reminding me of that bit from Arrested Development.

Who the hell is Hermano?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
How stupid is it that I want to know the history of the Lilliputt-ians? I have an idea in my head of what happened but I know its a question that'll never be addressed and it doesn't merit the time I've wasted thinking about it.

Something in Gravity Falls brought hundreds of colored golf-balls to life. The kindly mini-golf course owner takes them in as his own and puts them to work. They build their societies and identities around the various holes they belong to and help upkeep the grounds. The medieval Lilliputt-ians elect a leader and call him the King. Since the course is medieval themed to begin with they think they have the mandate of heaven; but the other holes refuse to bow down and recognize his authority.

By the time I started thinking up what kind of society each hole had I realized how pointless it all really was.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
I noticed that they left Waddles watching Ducktective! (The one with Steve the Penguin)

Also loved Hermanos Brother sign and Afficionado Afficionado magazine.

Another excellent episode.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Brovstin posted:

His name was Big Henry you monster.:mad:

Well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_%28folklore%29

:commissar:
(Formerly Colonial Air Force)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
'Pacfica's rich, Mabel. She cheating at life.'

Ah dipper really is wise beyond his years.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The miners loving earned that sticker.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That was an amazing episode. Dipper and Stan had some great lines, Mabel was awesome and I want to know how they got away with that miner scene.

Also Nathan Fillion!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Some Numbers posted:

That was an amazing episode. Dipper had some great lines, Mabel was awesome and I want to know how they got away with that miner scene.

I guess cutting something even worse, like the zombie joke!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I just want to remind everybody that this is a Disney show, which makes getting away with stuff like that even more amazing.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PassTheRemote posted:

I could have sworn the one windmill guy was voiced by David Cross too

E: Oh wait that was Patton Oswalt

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 13, 2014

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I know reaction gifs are kinda lame, but I would be amused to see this one out of context.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I for one enjoy that all of Mabel's imagine spots involve those two guys.

I hope they make another appearance later in the season.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Some Numbers posted:

I for one enjoy that all of Mabel's imagine spots involve those two guys.

I hope they make another appearance later in the season.

Xyler and Craz are pretty awesome. I hope we see more of them too. Arm Throne!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh man, they're wearing medical cross versions of Dipper's cap! That's pretty cool.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Anyone who was bitching about a decline in quality now has to take a ball through the gas leak section.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Man what a great episode. I'm so glad we've immediately put to bed the two subplots that were the most tiresome.

Big Henry was some hilariously dark poo poo.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
There nerds, you got your monster-of-the-week story that even said inside the freaking episode "let's take a break from all that heavy plot advancement poo poo". BIG HENRY DIED FOR YOUR SINS.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Chexoid posted:

Man what a great episode. I'm so glad we've immediately put to bed the two subplots that were the most tiresome.

Big Henry was some hilariously dark poo poo.

Seriously I have to wonder who the bad guys are since they made a whole thing about Mabel compromising her integrity and exploiting the ball peoples. In the end the escape kind of taught them nothing except that rivalry is bad since they wound up turning the ball people into the monsters of the week.

It's you Mabel. You are the monster of the week

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Alan Smithee posted:

Seriously I have to wonder who the bad guys are since they made a whole thing about Mabel compromising her integrity and exploiting the ball peoples.

Would you say the success of this episode is because The mysteries work best as external metaphors for internal struggle...

Are... Are we not doing this anymore??

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
We never go that ever. Shut and enjoy a children's cartoon show you creepy manchildren

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Gravity Falls Season 2: Northwests Don't Lose!

This episode was great. Dark as all anything and funny to boot.

The amount of VA cameos for this episode was ridiculous, and while I would like VAs to be spread around, at least we have Nathan Fillion as Pacifica's dad to still be here to lend a cameo here and there.

The Liliputtians (it IS spelled out better than voiced!) were great, especially the Miner scene (whoever said they earned the sticker was spot on), and Patton Oswalt and Jim Cummings were brilliant (the Cape Fear reference at the end and the golf BALLS song were hysterical). The amount of double entendres (Soos taking off his shirt and the BALLs in the song) was funny as well. The return of the mattress king (the lamest guy) and... Robbie??? brought a smile to my face.

This show is made with love and it shows it well with its nods to the fanbase (characters and relatable concepts) and its darkly funny humor and continuity. While I retract my six seasons and a movie statement, I sincerely have a gut feeling that Hirsch and crew know what to do to make this a hole in one from the initial hit of the ball to the hole.

I also would like to apologize for my excited first post in this thread. I'm a huge fan of animation and voice actors and I am also new to posting on this forum and I have not gained the level of critical-eyed observation that you all express in your posts (I'm a wide-eyed optimist like Soos and Mabel. I haven't gained the skepticism of Grunkle Stan or Dipper yet). However, I wish to gain that level in order to further my dream of putting out a show as good as this (therefore, the better it does, the better my future show will be in favor). (And no, I don't have kids, I was just saying that in the future, the internet would spoil this show to death.)

Thanks for having me on the forum as we go through this wild golf course of Gravity Falls Season 2!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wiener castle :haw:.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zorglorfian posted:

I also would like to apologize for my excited first post in this thread. I'm a huge fan of animation and voice actors and I am also new to posting on this forum and I have not gained the level of critical-eyed observation that you all express in your posts (I'm a wide-eyed optimist like Soos and Mabel. I haven't gained the skepticism of Grunkle Stan or Dipper yet). However, I wish to gain that level in order to further my dream of putting out a show as good as this (therefore, the better it does, the better my future show will be in favor). (And no, I don't have kids, I was just saying that in the future, the internet would spoil this show to death.)

Oh my god please don't do this

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Zorglorfian posted:

Thanks for having me on the forum as we go through this wild golf course of Gravity Falls Season 2!

I see you've been a member for well over a year.

Lurk more.

Hoopy Frood
May 1, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Who the hell is Hermano?

Hermano is Spanish for brother, so the Hermano Brothers were the "Brothers brothers".

EDIT: Oops, sorry.

V V V V V V

Hoopy Frood fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Aug 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
This episode was painfully good. There were non-stop gags the entire time, especially when we're first introduced to the different Lilliputtian cultures. And just to hammer home this season's dark theme, we cap off the otherwise lighthearted episode with "let's slice open her stomach and take the sticker!"

Hoopy Frood posted:

Hermano is Spanish for brother, so the Hermano Brothers were the "Brothers brothers".

He was continuing the Arrested Development reference from the quoted post.

edit
Remember, Gravity Falls thread...

pksage fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 13, 2014

• Locked thread