Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I was right on Monday, it is one of those weeks and should be cancelled.

Too many stupid avoidable errors by me, there really is no excuse for some of them but I just can't seem to get it right this week.

Right before appraisals :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

freelop posted:

I was right on Monday, it is one of those weeks and should be cancelled.

Too many stupid avoidable errors by me, there really is no excuse for some of them but I just can't seem to get it right this week.

Right before appraisals :toot:

I handled billing for our contractors for two periods while my direct report was out of town fixing poo poo. I hosed up an excel spreadsheet I use to convert query output into a .csv and cost the site $2515. :suicide:

Boss's boss just kinda dismissed it as "poo poo happens, we'll live." It's really nice to have a lot of good-will saved up for those times you catch the :downsgun: and do something incredibly stupid.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

And i felt bad about ripping the mudflap off the tip truck.. AGAIN (Crappy design)

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
My girlfriend needs a new ride and someone at work is selling a 2000 or 2001 Honda Accord SE with 127k miles for $3400. If I go look at it, is there anything that I should look for specifically? I've heard that the transmissions in these cars are ticking time bombs, can anyone chime in on that?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

some texas redneck posted:

and the APR is relatively low.

This matters but almost doesn't matter. You should be paying off the card in full every time you get your statement. Buy a tank of gas or two every month and just pay it off. That does just as good because reporting agencies just want to see if you pay what you borrow. Never carry a balance. If you don't have the cash, you don't have the credit. Then in like a year or so, see if USAA will turn it into a regular card.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

mariooncrack posted:

My girlfriend needs a new ride and someone at work is selling a 2000 or 2001 Honda Accord SE with 127k miles for $3400. If I go look at it, is there anything that I should look for specifically? I've heard that the transmissions in these cars are ticking time bombs, can anyone chime in on that?

I believe it's 2000-2004 and it's not if, it's when for the autobox eating poo poo. However I think (look into this) it was only the V6 models doing it.

I did a bunch of research on it a while back when my brother fell in love with an 03' V6 on a test drive. I had to break his heart :(

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

8ender posted:

I believe it's 2000-2004 and it's not if, it's when for the autobox eating poo poo. However I think (look into this) it was only the V6 models doing it.

Correct. The one behind the 4 is pretty stout.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
So yeah just a little flooding here on long island

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

some texas redneck posted:

they could get me approved at about 7% (which would be a little over half what I pay now)

:stare: Am I misreading this or are you saying that your current auto loan is like 15%?!

quote:

So new goal is new job (duh)

What are you planning on doing for your new job? Good luck, whatever it is.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

13 INCH DICK posted:

I was honestly decent at math until I hit college, got introduced to the concept of. "Imaginary numbers," got into a violent argument with the instructor over what possible reason could i ever need to use imaginary numbers in any situation not directly making fun of something, dropped that class and then spent the next few years blasting my brain with as much mushrooms and lsd as i could get my hands on to forget.

Fucker at autozone yesterday couldn't calculate he owed me 38c in change when he punched the wrong numbers into the register. I had the number figured out before he even entered the number.

I thought my math was terrible. Nope.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

My plant scored a kill and my first thought was that 13" should keep one of these in his cupholder

the brown blotch is the remains of a house spider

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
http://wenatchee.craigslist.org/cto/4614379096.html

I wish finding a non-abused, tasteful MR2 turbo for a decent price wasn't so hard. This thing screams abused... anyone think it'd be worth looking into?

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

goobernoodles posted:

I wish finding a non-abused, tasteful MR2 turbo for a decent price wasn't so hard. This thing screams abused... anyone think it'd be worth looking into?

I wouldn't. It has been used, abused, and unloved and will probably give you unending hell if you try to fix it up. Also, were the pictures taken through a tub of vasoline? That is worse than potato-phone quality.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

goobernoodles posted:

Even with vaseline smeared all over the lens, that thing looks beat. Missing pieces inside, spray-painted stock piping, all linings gone from the frunk, "fresh" head gasket, etc... I'd run.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I'm camping on holiday in Devon right now and I'm getting loving sick of the sight of slammed VW T5s with 'witty' vinyl slogans and stripes on. I'd literally maim to see something interesting or even a loving transit conversion. Where's kevbarlas when you need him?

stump
Jan 19, 2006

It's a delivery van not a split window you fucks! It's as bad as shitheap landrovers with "ONE LIFE LIVE IT" stickers.

Also why not get a Renault Master or Jumbo Transit so can actually stand up and move around? Hell for the price of a T5 you could probably get a Sprinter 4x4 :3:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Roommate's catte decided to hang out while I was working from home.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

stump posted:

It's as bad as shitheap landrovers with "ONE LIFE LIVE IT" stickers.
Oh God, I loving hate that poo poo. It started as a decent enough marketing slogan, but it's turned into YOLO with rust and oil leaks.

A huge number of the "I'm an off-roader, me" types we have in this country are a loving embarrassment. It's liek they didn't realise The Fast Show were taking the piss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNybnRkj-MY

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

freelop posted:

My plant scored a kill and my first thought was that 13" should keep one of these in his cupholder

the brown blotch is the remains of a house spider
You broke the forums with your giant picture!!!!
Venus fly traps weird me out though.

edit: I guess TIMG is broken :ms:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sometimes I hate living in suburbia. If I didn't, you can be god damned sure that I'd be buying this loving thing:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=8071787&convertTo=USD

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Anyone need tires? http://stores.ebay.com/discounttiredirect/
$160 in rebates/coupon if you order from their ebay store. I just bought tires two weeks ago though :(.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

*on purchases over 400.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Amazing loving find at goodwill today. If you're into audio (I wouldn't say audiophile, but maybe), you'll understand. Or, if you know how to Google.

I'm sorry that they're sideways: for some reason, imgur is rotating them.

PSB Century 500i's, the made in Canada version! The casings have some of the usual dings around the corners, but they're otherwise very solid (and loving heavy). Domes and surrounds look brand new. PSB and Polk Audio are my go-to speaker brands, and these fill in the lower tones nicely as the "B" speakers along with my PSB Alpha LR1's (that I found months ago at the same goodwill for $25 for the pair, still in plastic).

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Geirskogul posted:

Amazing loving find at goodwill today. If you're into audio (I wouldn't say audiophile, but maybe), you'll understand. Or, if you know how to Google.

I'm sorry that they're sideways: for some reason, imgur is rotating them.

PSB Century 500i's, the made in Canada version! The casings have some of the usual dings around the corners, but they're otherwise very solid (and loving heavy). Domes and surrounds look brand new. PSB and Polk Audio are my go-to speaker brands, and these fill in the lower tones nicely as the "B" speakers along with my PSB Alpha LR1's (that I found months ago at the same goodwill for $25 for the pair, still in plastic).

Nice grab! I got a pair of Philips FB-815s from my local GW for $10. No joke, 5 bucks a piece. All the drivers need to be refoamed, but :10bux: is :10bux:.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

Sometimes I hate living in suburbia. If I didn't, you can be god damned sure that I'd be buying this loving thing:

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?auctionId=8071787&convertTo=USD

This is why I plan to buy a chunk of land as soon as I can

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Jesus gently caress that's awesome. I almost had a set for 10x what you paid. Ended up going with Polk RT600s because they were "only" $250, in slightly better condition and I like the look of a full tower better.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

the spyder posted:

Anyone need tires? http://stores.ebay.com/discounttiredirect/
$160 in rebates/coupon if you order from their ebay store. I just bought tires two weeks ago though :(.

So anyone have recommendations for a long life tire for a boring commuter? Pretty sure I can almost see the air in the back tires on the VW.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I got a pair of DCM monitors (I don't remember the model) for $15 at Salvation Army. Nothing beats the Klipsch KG4s with new crossovers for $25. Those things are beasts when put on (big) stands.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Hey if you haven't go do this - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656521

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Torn Quad Jones posted:

So yeah just a little flooding here on long island

Michigan had some too :(

My friend who had the same exact redline as I lost his to 5ft of water :/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Tusen Takk posted:

My friend who had the same exact redline as I lost his to 5ft of water :/

God took the wrong one.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

God took the wrong one.

Preach, brother

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Man all this poo poo going on in St Louis is loving me up. I haven't hated the world this much since I was an angsty teenager.

gently caress America, launch the nukes, glass everything, humanity isn't worth it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Fucknag posted:

Man all this poo poo going on in St Louis is loving me up. I haven't hated the world this much since I was an angsty teenager.

gently caress America, launch the nukes, glass everything, humanity isn't worth it.

What's going on?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tusen Takk posted:

What's going on?

Some cops shot a black kid, whole neighborhood came out to protest, and it's escalated fast. FAA no-fly zone above the area, media being arrested and released with no formal charges, tear gas being thrown, and now I've heard they're straight up shooting at these people.

The kid was walking through his own neighborhood, the cop told him to lay down for no reason, and when he protested that he was almost to his house the cop stopped his car, got out and shot him, straight up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tusen Takk posted:

What's going on?

This is the police response to a peaceful protest.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Tusen Takk posted:

What's going on?

Seriously? What cave are you living in?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

Did you not look at the source of the post you're replying to?

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
What a shitastic day.

I go to leave this morning for a possible side gig at a repair place, and find out someone shot out the rear window of my wagon (the one I finally tinted 3 weeks ago) with a BB gun.

So I hop in another car, go talk to the shop owner and found out the job ended up being sublet to another shop.

Get to work, get put on a lovely job with a machine that just had it's control board replaced (and is completely unproven). To make matters worse, the job I'm running likes to fly out of the jaws at 3000rpm, and makes a spectacular noise being it's about 3 lbs or so of 17-4.

gently caress today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BraveUlysses posted:

Honestly, it's not like the media is doing that great of a job on covering it. My local news website right now:

One link and one video, with far more space devoted to sex and sports.

One of the other more popular local news sites, AZFamily, literally has no links to coverage of this whatsoever.

• Locked thread