Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vOv
Feb 8, 2014

i remember seeing this and thinking 'yeah ok but what about your face'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
to be fair most faces are vulnerable while biking even with a regular helmet

unless, of course, you're wearing a hockey mask while biking

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

vOv posted:

i remember seeing this and thinking 'yeah ok but what about your face'
did you miss the part where it has a battery that needs to be charged

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
i think it's really perverse to be coming up with unobtrusive protective equipment that you can wear at all times to reduce injuries, it kind of implies that getting hit by a car is an inevitable and expected part of cycling

i dunno it feels like someone marketing a stab vest so lightweight you can wear it at all times around the house just in case a murderer breaks in

build roads better and this won't be an issue~

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

penus de milo posted:

i think it's really perverse to be coming up with unobtrusive protective equipment that you can wear at all times to reduce injuries, it kind of implies that getting hit by a car is an inevitable and expected part of cycling

i dunno it feels like someone marketing a stab vest so lightweight you can wear it at all times around the house just in case a murderer breaks in

you wouldn't believe how many people get taken out by streetcar tracks in portland

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

penus de milo posted:

source your quotes, noone in yospos can be this stupid. Have you ever ridden a bike "perverse" ffs

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

penus de milo posted:

no, it implies that you are doing an activity that when poo poo happens you're not surrounded by 4 tons of protective roll cage and air bags.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

penus de milo posted:

same, but for seat belts in cars and hard hats on construction sites and safety goggles in chemistry labs

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the safest place to be riding a bicycle is on a multilane road with a bike lane with no parallel parking also the majority of bicycle related accidents are single vehicle accidents aka the cyclist fell over while stopped or ran into a curb or whatever to be fair moving vehicle related accidents probably tend to be more dangerouscitation needed but it doesnt really matter what makes your head hit the pavement unprotected youre hosed regardless

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
hurr durr why are there no dedicated paths and streets to cater solely to my hobby
stupid fascist cagers

~pays no licensing, insurance or use taxes~

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Since 1947, the amount of money spent on highways, roads and streets has exceeded the amount raised through gasoline taxes and other so-called “user fees” by $600 billion (2005 dollars), representing a massive transfer of general government funds to highways.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
*destroys no environment :)*

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

*generates no wear and tear on pavement*

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

*obeys no traffic signs*

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sweevo posted:

*obeys no traffic signs*

*is a car*

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Bloody posted:

*is a car*

beep beep im a fuckin car m8

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I live in biker's utopia

Tons of commuter paths
Whole streets downtown designated bike boulevards

I laugh when I ride downtown to do something and it's harder to find an open spot to lock up my bike than finding a spot to park a car.

This place would be great if it wasn't for the 7 months of poo poo weather.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I live in biker's utopia

Tons of commuter paths
Whole streets downtown designated bike boulevards

I laugh when I ride downtown to do something and it's harder to find an open spot to lock up my bike than finding a spot to park a car.

This place would be great if it wasn't for the 7 months of poo poo weather.

where is it

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Bloody posted:

where is it

Madison

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
if you need a cyber airbag before you set foot on a bike then something is hosed and it's probably your local infrastructure

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

no, it implies that you are doing an activity that when poo poo happens you're not surrounded by 4 tons of protective roll cage and air bags.

"poo poo happens" lmao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the level of smugness bikers have is why I'm glad it's the most dangerous form of transportation (behind motorcycle riders, the second most smug people about their mode of transport)

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

idk i dont think 'id like to be able to ride a push bike without fear of being killed by someone else' is 'smug' but ymmv

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Al! posted:

the level of smugness bikers have is why I'm glad it's the most dangerous form of transportation (behind motorcycle riders, the second most smug people about their mode of transport)

you're projecting p hard there, please do not try to offload your guilt at ruining the planet by wishing bodily harm on other road users thanks :angel:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

please also note that cyclists almost never have any legal recourse in accidents and most cars will just loving drive away consequence-free

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

penus de milo posted:

you're projecting p hard there, please do not try to offload your guilt at ruining the planet by wishing bodily harm on other road users thanks :angel:

I don't drive I say this as am avid pedestrian aka the people bikers seem to hate the most because they can't hurl this insult at them from their 6 foot tall foot powered death machines

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

penus de milo posted:

if you need a cyber airbag before you set foot on a bike then something is hosed and it's probably your local infrastructure

"poo poo happens" lmao

masterful trolling going on here, good job haha

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

penus de milo posted:

lol

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Al! posted:

I don't drive I say this as am avid pedestrian aka the people bikers seem to hate the most because they can't hurl this insult at them from their 6 foot tall foot powered death machines

the people i hate most in the world are cyclists who ride on the sidewalk. you are a vehicle, get off the sidewalk.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the people i hate most in the world are cyclists who ride on the sidewalk. you are a vehicle, get off the sidewalk.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

except pavement

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
roads are for cars and other licensed motor vehicles. sidewalks are for pedestrians and, in residential areas, children on bicycles.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

same but actually people who ride longboards on the sidewalk. barf

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

people who suck:
bikers on sidewalks
runners on roads when there is a sidewalk
peds/runners/bikers w/headphones on so loud they don't hear me when I call out the side I'm passing on
people w/strollers 2 wide taking up the whole path

it's not a car that's going to get me injured/killed, it's going to be one of the above

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

you know you'd be significantly less likely to be killed or injured by one of those groups if you wore a helmet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

also maybe the reason they have their headphones on is because they don't expect to have a lunatic who is going so fast he just can't slow down if he doesn't immediately have a good opportunity to pass barreling down at them on the sidewalk

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
lol i was gonna SeriousPost about how pedestrians don't want bikes on sidewalks and motorists don't want bikes on the road and nobody wants dedicated cycle infrastructure to be built but i don't need to because shaggar got there first

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nobody wants bicyclists anywhere, but they still hang around like that smelly kid in school no one wanted to be friends with

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Al! posted:

avid pedestrian

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the one guy I know who is really into bicycles also doesn't believe in using an antiperspirant so maybe there is more to the smelly thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Al! posted:

also maybe the reason they have their headphones on is because they don't expect to have a lunatic who is going so fast he just can't slow down if he doesn't immediately have a good opportunity to pass barreling down at them on the sidewalk

one of these groups is mandated by law to be in the street, the other is not

jit's talking about road runners

• Locked thread