Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

How does one go about becoming a member of BUTT or BONR ?

Send me dick pics. No one has yet to surpass the hotness of Chamber's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

How does one go about becoming a member of BUTT or BONR ?

Go to battlelog and change it. Or we have tryouts.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

red19fire posted:

Go to battlelog and change it. Or we have tryouts.

You must teabag a BONR to be a BUTT. I don't know what the requirements are to become a BONR because I'm more of a bottom personally.

EDIT: really though there's a BUTT platoon that backup linked a couple days or so ago. Join that on battlelog and you too can have an emblem of a handgun up a BUTT.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

There is no official BONR presence on battlelog, mostly because I am extremely lazy.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol

Lawnie posted:

You must teabag a BONR to be a BUTT. I don't know what the requirements are to become a BONR because I'm more of a bottom personally.

EDIT: really though there's a BUTT platoon that backup linked a couple days or so ago. Join that on battlelog and you too can have an emblem of a handgun up a BUTT.

Found it and applied, thanks. Still figuring out the whole battlelog thing.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

*bitches about a videogame*

*buys it + premium anyway when it comes out*

*is literally every gamer ever*

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

If they don't do another beta of their re-tooled "more fun" version of the game, the only way I'll play Hardline is if it's a PS+ free game. The beta felt like a mediocre mod that is worth $20 max, and that's if you're desperate.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Sums up perfectly why I refuse to include social media in my resume.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

This poo poo is also why I imagine a lot of developers dislike their fans, because idiots like this represent the majority of their customers. He'll buy it anyway and no one will be any the wiser.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
i'm almost convinced aps doesn't work if you're moving. I'm starting to notice that it works far more reliably if you're sitting still as opposed to driving away at full speed.

it reminds me of the damage bug from bf3, where if tanks are moving and take a hit from the front, it'll register as a rear shot. has something to do with laggy hitboxes, really annoying.

so if you ever need to pop aps, do so sitting still or moving slowly and see if it works better (not sure what the speed threshold is, so I'll need to test it when boosting vs not boosting vs not moving).

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

James Woods Fan posted:

Caspian Border 2014, Dragon Pass, Operation Mortar and Guilin Peaks own. Lost Islands is alright. I still haven't made up my my mind about Silkroad.

Also, I remember wondering what Metro would be like with more than 24 players. Now I know :getin:

Coming from someone who loved Metro on 360 BF3: 64 player metro is loving terrible; the "flanking path" they added is pointless when there's three times the people to contend with. I loathe it. I think the metro sweet spot is probably 32-48 players.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Skater h8er posted:

Well finally got all the dlc downloaded into the xbox one but then has some heavy rain today and basement flooded very bad so no having fun with anything tonight

That's what you get for playing Heavy Rain. No having fun.

djinndarc
Dec 20, 2012

"I'm Bender, baby, please insert liquor!"
I'm a relative newbie at FPS's (and suck at them). I picked up BF4 a while back when I first got my PS4, but hardly ever played it cause I never get any kills and generally have no idea what I'm doing. However, given the goon presence on the servers makes me want to give it another go. Would I be better off just playing through campaign on my own first, or should I dive right in and try to join one of the goon battlelog platoons?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Campaign won't teach you anything. Just play online. It'll take a while but you'll get it.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Campaign wouldn't be a terrible choice if you haven't played many FPS games. The test range would be better since you have all the vehicle types available and can swap between classes to try out different weapons and gadgets. I think you use vehicles maybe 3 times during the campaign, and no planes or helis.

Your best option would be to just jump in online. Join up in a party and most people are pretty good about answering questions and offering advice.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

laertes22 posted:

I'm a relative newbie at FPS's (and suck at them). I picked up BF4 a while back when I first got my PS4, but hardly ever played it cause I never get any kills and generally have no idea what I'm doing. However, given the goon presence on the servers makes me want to give it another go. Would I be better off just playing through campaign on my own first, or should I dive right in and try to join one of the goon battlelog platoons?

You don't have to worry about killing everything you come across. Just play the objectives, stick with the squad, give ammo/health, and generally you'll do a lot better and enjoy the game more.

I find myself enjoying the game less if I'm lone-wolfing it.

but yeah, teamwork and having friends is OP

red19fire
May 26, 2010

The claymores are super fun if you know how to hide them properly, I keep seeing pubbies put them in the middle of rooftops where stevie wonder could find them.

On Pearl Market, for example, put them just outside the doorways of the stairwells that lead to roofs, or on the stairs facing the doorways. You want the last thing the pubbie thinks to be "oh poo poo are those claymore wires?"

The fun thing is that usually when they go off, it means there's a few pubbies behind them because they're usually traveling in packs. With the perimeter defense perk, you can make the stairwells on Pearl market into Home Alone. I held down the center point on PM for half the match by myself, by replenishing the claymores as they were set off.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

laertes22 posted:

Also if you play through the campaign you have a high chance of loading up BF4 one day to find your save is gone. (Unless this has been fixed recently?)

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tehinternet posted:

Coming from someone who loved Metro on 360 BF3: 64 player metro is loving terrible; the "flanking path" they added is pointless when there's three times the people to contend with. I loathe it. I think the metro sweet spot is probably 32-48 players.

Metro with 48 players is pretty much the same as Metro with 64. One constant explosion. Pistol/knife only servers on Metro that auto kick if you use something else are ok though.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Aug 13, 2014

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Any available XBoneBros wanna play?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Just bought BF4 and Premium and installed all the DLC, what do I need to do to play with goons?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Mustang posted:

Just bought BF4 and Premium and installed all the DLC, what do I need to do to play with goons?

Register at https://www.battlefieldgoons.com. Then, go to the main page of said site, filter by platform, and viola! You have a list of everyone from this thread who plays on your platform.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

10 Beers posted:

Any available XBoneBros wanna play?

ill be on to play in a lil bit after i get some stuff done add my gt its skater h8er

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Skater h8er posted:

ill be on to play in a lil bit after i get some stuff done add my gt its skater h8er

Psssh. I did that last weekend. :)

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013

10 Beers posted:

Psssh. I did that last weekend. :)

Lol oh ok

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
I think you're right nick. I popped APS the other night, and stopped moving, and none of the apache's hellfire missiles got through. Usually I get dinged pretty good. I think the hitbox for it lags behind, same problem as with BF3 reactive.

It's going to be a hard habit to break though. My first reaction when a helicopter is making an attack run at me is to drive towards it full speed so he can't get as many shots off.

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
yep, I'm just about 100% convinced now, so when you pop aps, sit still or if you have to move, do so slowly, otherwise, prepare for bullshit.

making general garbage and his garbage clan teamswap to our side was the highlight of my night.

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis
http://youtu.be/tMRVJ8Rahpo

Funny poo poo from HML.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I think you're right nick. I popped APS the other night, and stopped moving, and none of the apache's hellfire missiles got through. Usually I get dinged pretty good. I think the hitbox for it lags behind, same problem as with BF3 reactive.

It's going to be a hard habit to break though. My first reaction when a helicopter is making an attack run at me is to drive towards it full speed so he can't get as many shots off.

I've noticed the exact same behavior on ps4. Infuriating.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Thank you for recording that.

I don't think I'm going to run engineer anymore. Having C4 and vehicle resupply is too much fun.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Is there any kind of auto balancing in this game? I keep joining matches where theres at least 3 120+ dudes on one team that are gods in vehicles destroying everybody while whatever team I'm on has an average rank of like 20-30 tops. Was having fun earlier but I've been getting curb stomped all day today like this on every server. The opposing team on the last server I played on had an average rank of probably 70-80 at least, nearly every newbie on the server was on my team (me included obviously).

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
having infinite sraws on paracel while riding in the boat was decently fun.

also, i made a few adjustments to my emblem, I really think it's much improved.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Mustang posted:

Is there any kind of auto balancing in this game? I keep joining matches where theres at least 3 120+ dudes on one team that are gods in vehicles destroying everybody while whatever team I'm on has an average rank of like 20-30 tops. Was having fun earlier but I've been getting curb stomped all day today like this on every server. The opposing team on the last server I played on had an average rank of probably 70-80 at least, nearly every newbie on the server was on my team (me included obviously).

Just switch teams. It's not worth the frustration.

thenicko33 posted:

having infinite sraws on paracel while riding in the boat was decently fun.

We only got to try it once, but Thug used infinite LAWs to terrify and take out a tank in the Littlebird. One LAW guy on each side would be OP as hell. I like the dumbfire weapons better because I can fly erratically.

I'm done with repping my own vehicle. There's just too big a chance it will be stolen by a teammate. As long as you run away once your health dips below 60 you don't really need to be able to rep yourself.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 15, 2014

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

So I am dumb and played some of the campaign. When I went to look today, all my campaign progress from the last day or so is gone. Is this normal? Is it ever coming back?

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Maneki Neko posted:

So I am dumb and played some of the campaign. When I went to look today, all my campaign progress from the last day or so is gone. Is this normal? Is it ever coming back?

Yep, that's normal unfortunately. The data is gone.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Maneki Neko posted:

Nope, it's gone for good. That's :dice: for you.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
Holy poo poo, that's still happening?

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
It's a feature, don't hate.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Just switch teams. It's not worth the frustration.

We only got to try it once, but Thug used infinite LAWs to terrify and take out a tank in the Littlebird. One LAW guy on each side would be OP as hell. I like the dumbfire weapons better because I can fly erratically.

I'm done with repping my own vehicle. There's just too big a chance it will be stolen by a teammate. As long as you run away once your health dips below 60 you don't really need to be able to rep yourself.

one thing that i've noticed with pubbies, and it really has me impressed with them, is that they actually kind of seem to pay attention to the get out command. I've had people get in the drivers seat while i'm repairing, I jump in and start spamming "get out" and they like, listen. hell, i've even had teammates jump in my tanks and use the main to fight off another tank while I'm repairing, then once we've killed it, they hop out or switch to the gunners.

brings a tear to my eye. they're starting to evolve.

thenicko33 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
EA keeps checking to see how little of functionality is needed for people to buy a game, one sequel at a time.

• Locked thread