Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

which again wouldn't be a problem if sidewalks were properly maintained

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

jit's talking about road runners

yeah

at the very least if you're gonna run in the road run against traffic so you see what the gently caress is coming at you.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

also MUP strollers

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Woohoo! You guys are awesome! 68% funded now (Nick says that's over 2/3). Thank you very much.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Shaggar posted:

the one guy I know who is really into bicycles also doesn't believe in using an antiperspirant so maybe there is more to the smelly thing
thats really gross

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

one of these groups is mandated by law to be in the street, the other is not

prob wearing five fingers too.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

one of these groups is mandated by law to be in the street, the other is not

going faster miles an hour

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

prefect posted:

going faster miles an hour

with the radio on

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
there's a place around here where there's a perfectly good bike path five feet from the road but tilde serious cyclists tilde don't use it because performance or pedestrians or whatever so they just bike in the loving street

it's not an especially wide street so sometimes you end up stuck behind an rear end in a top hat sweating his rear end off trying to get uphill

get on the bike path rear end in a top hat

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ugh, loving normies use the bicycle path. as a randian superhero I must only use the road to bicycle and everyone else must deal with it.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

FrozenVent posted:

there's a place around here where there's a perfectly good bike path five feet from the road but tilde serious cyclists tilde don't use it because performance or pedestrians or whatever so they just bike in the loving street

it's not an especially wide street so sometimes you end up stuck behind an rear end in a top hat sweating his rear end off trying to get uphill

get on the bike path rear end in a top hat

there are normally pretty sensible *reasons* why bikers don't use a path, usually involving 3 wide stroller convoys with fluffy on a 25 foot leash and the tendency of motorists to not look at/block the path when turning. some people are just inconsiderate assholes tho and i am sorry you have to stare at their rear end for a bit.

back on thread topic, there are a billion stupid cycling kickstarters.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Shaggar posted:

the one guy I know who is really into bicycles also doesn't believe in using an antiperspirant so maybe there is more to the smelly thing

i was sitting in a seminar yesterday and a dude came and sat down behind me and immediately i was just suffocating in a cloud of his fermented body odor. then he sorta crossed one leg over the other and out of the corner of my eye i saw a vibram on his foot lol

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1851066701/bike-liftandcarry

the best in bank tehnology

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

quote:

Bike Lift&Carry allows you to easily lift and comfortably carry your bicycle or e-bike as if it was a shoulder bag.

shoulder bags don't have pedals to whack you in the shins you fucks

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

shoulder bags don't have pedals to whack you in the shins you fucks

i've got an idea

what if

bear with me

what if instead of carrying your bike like a shoulder bag, you fit little wheels to it so you can roll it around like luggage

i'm going to be loving rich with internet money man

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

good job you just invented training wheels

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Ruby got Railed posted:

good job you just invented training wheels

:thejoke:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Trig Discipline posted:

suffocating in a butt of his fermented body odor

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

for real tho i don't understand how people can stand not showering every day. like occasionally i skip a day on weekends when i'm just loving around at home and i always feel so gross the next day

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
That carry bike thing in all honesty isn't the worst of ideas. I know some folks who live in apartments and have to carry their bike up 3-4 flights of stairs. That would be useful for them.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Trig Discipline posted:

i was sitting in a seminar yesterday and a dude came and sat down behind me and immediately i was just suffocating in a cloud of his fermented body odor. then he sorta crossed one leg over the other and out of the corner of my eye i saw a vibram on his foot lol

gross.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

enotnert posted:

That carry bike thing in all honesty isn't the worst of ideas. I know some folks who live in apartments and have to carry their bike up 3-4 flights of stairs. That would be useful for them.

you know what else would be useful to them? string.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
people who don't cycle with a helmet obviously haven;t seen how many times i fall off my bicycle

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Bloody posted:

Since 1947, the amount of money spent on highways, roads and streets has exceeded the amount raised through gasoline taxes and other so-called “user fees” by $600 billion (2005 dollars), representing a massive transfer of general government funds to highways.

sure, but that's irrelevant to the point

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you
is there a design rule that says all bike pictures need to point to the right because this page is weirding me out

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Shifty Pony posted:

there are normally pretty sensible *reasons* why bikers don't use a path, usually involving 3 wide stroller convoys with fluffy on a 25 foot leash and the tendency of motorists to not look at/block the path when turning. some people are just inconsiderate assholes tho and i am sorry you have to stare at their rear end for a bit.

back on thread topic, there are a billion stupid cycling kickstarters.

sometime when im running on the track and people are 3 wide or two wide and taking all 3 lanes i just get really close and make exaggerated knee movements like im a dude runnin into a wall in goldeneye or somethin

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

Captain Cool posted:

is there a design rule that says all bike pictures need to point to the right because this page is weirding me out

yes the gears are on that side. you're not going to carry a bike with its greasy chain on the inside

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

or just loving ride a bike designed for this poo poo god loving drat idiots

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Captain Cool posted:

the correct way to picture a bike is with the valve stems at the bottom, the chain on the outermost gears, and the cranks at anything but 90 degree intervals, with the chain towards the camera

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

goddamnedtwisto posted:

you know what else would be useful to them? string.

or a handgun

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

jooky posted:

yes the gears are on that side. you're not going to carry a bike with its greasy chain on the inside

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1401606907/nuseti-the-mountain-bike-of-the-future?ref=nav_search

boom got ya covered!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im the ugly as poo poo pointlessly heavy piece of garbage

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

but there a big bald polish man holding one

FormatAmerica
Jun 3, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Bloody posted:

which is why their making a cf one that will shatter when you do real mounting biking stuff with it.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ya but thats not how real cf mtb frames behave so lol at youre wrongnewss

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

jooky posted:

no I mean the way they flipped half the pictures so the bikes point to the right side of the page

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
dinosaur shoes

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Captain Cool posted:

diagrams of ships always show the starboard side, so pointing to the right maybe it's the same thing with bikes, bikes and bike people are weird

bikes are unnatural, poo poo can't stand on two wheels. it's like helicopters, there's just something unholy about the whole thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bloody posted:

yeah you are.

• Locked thread