Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vOv posted:

But what if you fuse away a frame power mod? :v:

Then sucks to be you, and you shouldn't have done it?

I dunno. Make it so they aren't eligible as fusion fodder, or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

vOv posted:

Just put in a measure that stops new players/someone who isn't paying a lot of attention from doing that because that can gently caress up the user experience pretty hard.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

vOv posted:

It would require actual coding logic so probably never happen, but they could make it so suit powers are never allowed to be used as fusion materials, only the fusion target. Of course then you could end up with a max rank power you can't fit in some weird build but that could be fixed too if they gave a poo poo.

Yeah, I know, you were joking :kiddo:

also lol at this EFB pile

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

CrashCat posted:

It would require actual coding logic so probably never happen, but they could make it so suit powers are never allowed to be used as fusion materials, only the fusion target. Of course then you could end up with a max rank power you can't fit in some weird build but that could be fixed too if they gave a poo poo.

Yeah, I know, you were joking :kiddo:

also lol at this EFB pile

Too much work.

Let's make this new gun that's this old gun with the numbers rejiggered and this sweet new model.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Argas posted:

Too much work.

Let's make this new gun that's this old gun with the numbers rejiggered and this sweet new model.
Sounds a lot like Star Citizen. Is this what that game would look like if they actually hired a couple programmers? And, I mean, wasn't a space dogfighting game? :geno:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
That's the best part, the game actually doesn't let you fuse away your last copy of a warframe ability mod. I have a 0-rank Freeze for Frost that the game won't let me get rid of. On top of that, all ability mods only go to Rank 3, so it's trivial to max them out even with off-polarity fusion fodder, and you're guaranteed to get the full ability mod set when you build or purchase a warframe anyway. :iiam:

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

CrashCat posted:

Sounds a lot like Star Citizen. Is this what that game would look like if they actually hired a couple programmers? And, I mean, wasn't a space dogfighting game? :geno:

Dunno, don't care about Star Citizen and the most I know is how goons have wasted a ton of money on a game that might never come out and content for a game that might never come out.

Warframe feels like it's dominated by the artists. Why do we keep getting new weapons? Because it's cool! Meanwhile, gameplay balance never seems to be a big priority and they never really fix the underlying issues that plague Warframe.

So many weapons are more or less the same thing with the numbers slightly different. Mod balance is poor, costs are weird, and at the rate they're going there will have to be another mod overhaul so the number of mods don't keep expanding infinitely.

Sure, it means Warframe is a game that doesn't really require a player to have an optimized build to do things but I think it'd be possible to make a mechanically interesting game that's still fair to more casual players.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
There's some weird bug where sometimes stuff will disappear for basically no reason, and I guess maybe it was fusing. I lost absorb for my nyx and had to put in a ticket to support to get it back, because it didn't have a drop location at the time. I think the drop locations are DE protection from their game being really buggy.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Cardboard Box posted:

making some mods drop from specific enemies only really, really sucks though, like wow.
The theory behind it is sound, it's just the execution that sucks. If things were actually distributed sanely it wouldn't be a problem.

Even as busted as it is, though, I'd argue that it's still better than the old "anything can drop from anything" approach.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I have all four types of Kubrow now!

Good god she's pretty :3: And she has that X face pattern, too. My dog looks like an anime protagonist.

Doc Cunado
Mar 16, 2009

First off thanks to the Goons that helped me farm out a Rhino frame. The stories are true, playing with goons does make games better.

I think I should put in a ticket or something because I do not have access to Earth. I played the game way back in the early Beta where you started at Mercury. For whatever reason when I loaded the game back up after a year or so I had access to Mercury, Venus and Saturn. I figured maybe I just needed to beat Mercury again. No dice. Then I thought maybe Venus? Many failed attempts to beat the Jackal later, some Goons finally helped me clear it. So now I have Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn...

Anyone else have something like this happen?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Gazaar posted:

Just put in a measure that stops new players/someone who isn't paying a lot of attention from doing that because that can gently caress up the user experience pretty hard.
Its already in. It won't let you fuze the last of each ability card.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Vendictus Prime posted:

So, any thoughts on what DE will announce Friday from Tenno Live and Gamescon?

Details of the deal with Sumpo Food Holdings. Warframe China launch date. Xbox One version launch date.

A bunch of meaningless statistics.

those're my guesses.

edit: Hotfix.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/289522-update-1420-avalanche-offensive/

Update 14.2.0: Avalanche Offensive

PSA: Login will require AUTH this hotfix - the launcher will ask for your password.

Avalanche Offensive is on until Monday @ 12 Noon EDT!

AVALANCHE OFFENSIVE

Defeat the Corpus Arctic Eximus!

A message from Cantis of the Red Veil Resistance:

Tenno,

You've helped the Red Veil in the past, now we want to return the favor. Our spies have discovered a large batch of Corpus Arctic Eximus are massing for training around the polar region of Mars. With so many Arctic Eximus gathered in one place, you have the perfect opportunity to strike a crippling blow against the Corpus field command.
Go to Mars and take out as many of the Arctic Eximus as possible. We will offer you what we can from the spoils.

- Cantis

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO DO

- Visit Mars and take out the specified amount of Arctic Eximus.
- Follow your individual progress bar to see how many Arctic Eximus you have defeated.
- Once you have fulfilled the objective, Cantis will contact you to congratulate you and provide you with your reward!

Go forth and take down the Corpus Arctic Eximus, Tenno!

Additions:

• Tenno Reinforcements: Karyst Dagger! Find it in the Market today for Platinum or Blueprint!
• Added in a Kubrow Category for Kubrow specific mods.

Other Choice Changes(see thread for all details, there's a shitload):

Changes:

• Banshee's Silence no longer affects the Stalker.
Fixes:
• Fixed issue with Ogris rockets that killed Infested Runners having their damage be used on the pod as well as part of the Runner’s explosion.
• Fixed an issue with Wormhole being immediately recastable on Clients under certain scenarios.
• Fixed an issue with players being unable to enter Clan Dojos via the Clan menu if there was a host and client already in the Dojo.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Aug 13, 2014

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
You've gotta kill 100 Arctic Eskimos on Mars. You get about 25ish per run. The reward is a 2 day affinity booster that gets applied as soon as you finish the mission.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit: nevermind

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Edit: I misread the fix. :frogdowns:

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
Wait, the reward isn't the cold status mods a la the previous poison/electric/fire ones they've given us? I assumed with really obvious cold theme that they'd be handing out cold mods to complete the set.

Doesn't make sense to complete this on a weekday... I'll probably just wait until Friday and use the boost over the weekend to max a few things.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Dez Orwell posted:

You've gotta kill 100 Arctic Eskimos on Mars. You get about 25ish per run. The reward is a 2 day affinity booster that gets applied as soon as you finish the mission.

Affinity booster?

That can't possibly be right, this has to be the Cold status event mods surely?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I too was hoping for some cold/status chance mods to round out the set and make my Blast combos even more ridiculous. C'est la vie.

Edit: Reading the redtext in the forum, apparently there's no mods because this isn't, in a technical sense, a 'full scale' Event. More of a sub-mission, if you will.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 14, 2014

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I too was hoping for some cold/status chance mods to round out the set and make my Blast combos even more ridiculous. C'est la vie.

Edit: Reading the redtext in the forum, apparently there's no mods because this isn't, in a technical sense, a 'full scale' Event. More of a sub-mission, if you will.

:de:

Let's run a cold themed event!

Wait, our fans are mad because they didn't get cold themed mods?! HOW STRANGE.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

There was an alert for Ice Storm on at the same time, but it didn't really seem to be tied in. Weird.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
This update is Good because

:siren:Attica can use Thunderbolt:siren:

it's like a proper grenade launcher now, it's super fun for low to mid-level stuff.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Denzine posted:

it's like a proper grenade launcher now, it's super fun for low to mid-level stuff.

Now this is good news

Also I'd guess this is just part one of the update 'story' or whatever, it'll probably end with the cold mods eventually

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I was using Thunderbolt on my Paris and got scolded by a pubbie who told it me it was Not Good. After he said that I proved him right by accidentally(:laugh:) blowing out the windows and putting us in a vacuum every dang time we were in a hallway with cracked glass!

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Great. That means the PS4 will be stuck with the Runner explosion bug for four loving months.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

this event is really silly, my friends and I just ran through it. the enemies you have to kill do so much damage you basically have to play it like a tactical shooter to get them hahah.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

this event is really silly, my friends and I just ran through it. the enemies you have to kill do so much damage you basically have to play it like a tactical shooter to get them hahah.

Or bring Loki

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Mag is also stupidly good for it.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Cardboard Box posted:

Or bring hilariously overpowered top tier weapons and just blow through their ice bubbles instantly.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm trying this game out. If I'm someone who's Really Bad At Shooters but decent at beat-em-ups like DMC/Bayonetta, should I be playing this game with m/kb or my PS3 controller? Furthermore, how much can I get away with mostly doing melee and powers and not using guns so much?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm trying this game out. If I'm someone who's Really Bad At Shooters but decent at beat-em-ups like DMC/Bayonetta, should I be playing this game with m/kb or my PS3 controller? Furthermore, how much can I get away with mostly doing melee and powers and not using guns so much?

This is nothing like DMC/Bayonetta. Quick melee is spammy and equipping melee is just spam with slightly more variety. You will not be pulling any sick combos in this game beyond building up your combo and gradually increasing your damage, which is only possible against enemies with giant HP sinks because everything else dies so fast.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Argas posted:

This is nothing like DMC/Bayonetta. Quick melee is spammy and equipping melee is just spam with slightly more variety. You will not be pulling any sick combos in this game beyond building up your combo and gradually increasing your damage, which is only possible against enemies with giant HP sinks because everything else dies so fast.
Aw :( So basically I should expect less DMC, more Borderlands?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Helter Skelter posted:

The really stupid thing is that they could shift Serration to also drop from Grineer Lancers and Hornet Strike to Corpus Crewmen or something and it would instantly improve a huge portion of the early game for a lot of people.
The most reliable way to get Serration is the Stalker, comically enough.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Aw :( So basically I should expect less DMC, more Borderlands?

More like mass effect. Movement is DMC-esque though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAUkmO8H34E

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Am I supposed to not be able to see a single thing you're shooting?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The changes to the Attica play very well with Mirage. :unsmigghh:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Okay, I just started this and it seems pretty cool, but I'm a little unclear on how to progress. I should be buying blueprints off the market and crafting them for new frames and weapons? You don't ever get them as mission rewards or drops? I want to be real sure I'm not blowing my credits.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Denzine posted:

Mirage + Attica + Thunderbolt

Denzine says it's like an AGL.

I say we've discovered the true nature of Hydroid's invisible ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Zombie Samurai posted:

Okay, I just started this and it seems pretty cool, but I'm a little unclear on how to progress. I should be buying blueprints off the market and crafting them for new frames and weapons? You don't ever get them as mission rewards or drops? I want to be real sure I'm not blowing my credits.
That's pretty much how it is, with the exception that there are sometimes temporary missions called "alerts" which can show up on a mission you've unlocked, which can have blueprints as a reward for completing them. There's no overlap between the blueprints you can get from alerts and the ones from the market, so don't worry about wasting your credits.

Edit: There are other exceptions, like void missions, but just like alerts, there's no overlap between what you can get from them and the market, so go wild.

Lork fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Aug 14, 2014