Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Kilometers Davis posted:

I honestly don't think I can handle a full Silent Hill game from these two with the level of terror in PT throughout. Jesus Christ those guys are hosed up. It's expertly crafted.

Yeah, for real. I like how you can never rely on anything to stay consistent. For example, 95% of the time the windows are completely dark. You can see some raindrops but there's no reason to think there's anything but a black texture behind them. So the little gamer piece in your brain marks them as non-threatening. Then one time you pass by, with seemingly no rhyme or reason, there's a horrifying woman convulsing just outside staring at you. It constantly sets your expectations and then uses them against you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

A Silent Hill game with the minds behind this;

And this;

I will never complete this game. I will buy it, play it, maybe get 5 minutes past the title screen, take it out of the console, put it in its box, put the box in a cupboard, then burn the cupboard.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm waiting for full page daikatana style magazine ads:

Kojima is gonna make you #%$@ your pants!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That is actually not as bad, but really sounds cool. Daikatana was basically insulting everyone else that looked at the page.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

I honestly don't think I can handle a full Silent Hill game from these two with the level of terror in PT throughout. Jesus Christ those guys are hosed up. It's expertly crafted.

Seriously. And jump scares are cheap, but P.T. uses only one, really, and pretty well. It also gets the slow ambient weirdo horror quite well too. Some of Silent Hill's greatest moments come from the subtly bizzare crap or the stuff that implies completely mundane horror and PT has that too. The shelf covered in candy and pills, for example.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I'm trying to stream on twitch, and I keep getting the "Cannot display messages. Cannot connect to server." error message. I've googled, and other people have had this trouble, but there aren't really any solutions out there. Anyone know how to fix this?

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

StabMasterArson posted:

They'll probably realize somethings up eventually. I have a UK PS4 and all my games have been bought from the US Store, they've gotta eventually make it easier to use a regions own store... right?

What do you need to do to use the US store? I take it it requires a US credit card? How much cheaper is it ?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Speedball posted:

Some of Silent Hill's greatest moments come from the subtly bizzare crap or the stuff that implies completely mundane horror and PT has that too. The shelf covered in candy and pills, for example.

Silent Hill was never scary but it was always creepy.

The games had you constantly on edge and it was superb.

Much better than than PewDiePie bating "ogooboogaa!!!!!!!!!!" jump scare poo poo.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Steve2911 posted:

A Silent Hill game with the minds behind this;

And this;

I will never complete this game. I will buy it, play it, maybe get 5 minutes past the title screen, take it out of the console, put it in its box, put the box in a cupboard, then burn the cupboard.

Ya know, I had somehow forgotten how Kojima likes to gently caress with the player on a psychological and meta level, and now realize just how much potential this has to be great. It could easily get hosed up, but I sort of get the feeling that they're both excited about the project and creator enthusiasm alone tends to make a game at least decent if not amazing.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Brightman posted:

Ya know, I had somehow forgotten how Kojima likes to gently caress with the player on a psychological and meta level, and now realize just how much potential this has to be great. It could easily get hosed up, but I sort of get the feeling that they're both excited about the project and that alone tends to make a game at least decent if not amazing.

It sure as hell can't be as bad as Homecoming was.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Something tells me Sony is suckered into a serious case of the sunk cost fallacy with TLG.

Yeah, obviously, because artistic endeavors involve rational economic behavior and forethought. :rolleyes:

DarkJC posted:

Pretty sure ICO had a similarly tortured development cycle and people seem to like it.

Yerp.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shattered Memories was a great game that used the Wii Remote in clever ways so i'm hoping this follows suit and does more of the psychological horror than the jump scares.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gamespot's Danny O'Dwyer played some Battlefield Hardline singleplayer and he seemed to enjoy it. Unlike BF3 and 4 they're actually putting some openness to the stages, the level he played involved infiltrating a camp that let you come at it multiple ways.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Malt posted:

You've probably tried already, but if not restore your licenses in settings somewhere.
(Regarding Hohokum) Yup, tried this and no success. On top of that, after deleting it and going back into the PS store to redownload it gave me the Buy option, and not the Download option, so for whatever reason the system isn't recognizing me as owning the game at all. I was able to redownload it through the Library view on the main system menu, but it still won't launch.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BigHandsVince posted:

What do you need to do to use the US store? I take it it requires a US credit card? How much cheaper is it ?

Officially you need a U.S. Billing Address, but you can use PSN money codes you buy from Amazon.com with a fake U.S. Billing address, and I'm talking "you will pay $50 instead of 50 pounds" cheaper, although you will lose the ability to play most games in German and Italian. :qq:

You will also have to be consistent, like buying U.S. DLC for the U.S. games you buy as they're not cross-compatible.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Brightman posted:

Ya know, I had somehow forgotten how Kojima likes to gently caress with the player on a psychological and meta level, and now realize just how much potential this has to be great. It could easily get hosed up, but I sort of get the feeling that they're both excited about the project and creator enthusiasm alone tends to make a game at least decent if not amazing.

Yeah, I was legit freaked out by that in MGS2. I'm awful at horror but I still kind of want to own and play my first Silent Hill game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there any reason to keep the castle the same in rogue legacy? Also, what does vampirism do? Thanks.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

NESguerilla posted:

Is there any reason to keep the castle the same in rogue legacy? Also, what does vampirism do? Thanks.

Vampirism: HP restored for every kill.

Keep castle the same? Practice Boss Runs.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

NESguerilla posted:

Keeping the castle the same is for mostly taking multiple attempts at bosses. Vampirism gives back health on enemy death.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

NESguerilla posted:

Also you can try the treasure chests again if you keep the castle the same. Some of them need specific classes/spells.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

NESguerilla posted:

if you want to do the most expedient thing and really power level weapon strength you can survive the whole castle on one run with vampirism without having to also level up hp.

When you're really grinding go for like +8-12 HP per kill Through rune/item combos (this leaves enough rune space for at least one sprint and one vault rune, which is sort of your basic mobility package)

when you find a boss room you can practice on the boss by having the architect freeze the castle and teleporting right to them. chose an heir like a paladin (since they do more damage) and give them the best armor health and damage items since you don't need vampirism anymore on these short boss runs where you don't kill anything.

You can also freeze the castle to get fairy chests that you needed to be a dwarf for or have fly activated or whatever.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Man that game gets serious at ng+2.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

muscles like this? posted:

Gamespot's Danny O'Dwyer played some Battlefield Hardline singleplayer and he seemed to enjoy it. Unlike BF3 and 4 they're actually putting some openness to the stages, the level he played involved infiltrating a camp that let you come at it multiple ways.

You don't understand, EA is the root of all evil and something something so I'm actively rooting for a game to fail??

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

You don't understand, EA is the root of all evil and something something so I'm actively rooting for a game to fail??

He did say that the game really came off as a police brutality simulator whenever you tried to go non-lethal.

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010

a foolish pianist posted:

I'm trying to stream on twitch, and I keep getting the "Cannot display messages. Cannot connect to server." error message. I've googled, and other people have had this trouble, but there aren't really any solutions out there. Anyone know how to fix this?

This worked for me: login to your twitch account on your PC, go to your dashboard and clear your stream key.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated
FYI, Natural Doctrine pre-order is only $39.99 on Amazon right now with a $10 credit. Supposedly a lot of the overly dumb design decisions are being fixed and difficulty is being toned down for Western release (plus a whole lot more of save points in middle of battles).

http://www.amazon.com/NAtURAL-DOCtRINE-PlayStation-4/dp/B00K5UZMJO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407980733&sr=8-1&keywords=natural+doctrine+ps4

That's not too bad as this is a full $60 game on release.

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011
I saw this "or aide, heal, and protect you as Igniculus in Child of Light’s local co-op mode." in the description of Share Play, has anyone seen anything more about this? It would be pretty cool if local co-op just meant co-op from now on.

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I am really trying to like Strider but it just isn't clicking.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

InfiniteZero posted:

The Last of Us isn't quite as fun when some guy's screaming baby and then screaming wife is happening in the background, and no, I didn't want to play Warframe with an entire spanish speaking multi-family household arguing with each other in the background.

Just use your imagination and pretend that it's all happening in the game.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Bro Nerd Alpha posted:

I am really trying to like Strider but it just isn't clicking.

I enjoyed it when I was playing it like I couldn't stop, but yeah, everything about it just screams bland.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

muscles like this? posted:

He did say that the game really came off as a police brutality simulator whenever you tried to go non-lethal.

Finally something to slot in between all those war simulator and mass crime simulator games!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I just want to know who Kojima had to kill just to get away from Metal Gear for a little while.

You know, it hasn't been too long since Revengeance. Did...did he commission Kamiya to dropkick a man's head off?

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Reviewers who have played it are saying that inFamous First Light is "about 5 hours" long plus a horde mode, which I'd say isn't too bad for DLC like that. I was expecting 2, honestly.

I kind of hope it's successful enough they decide to do one for Eugene and Reggie*, too.

*which should be a "backwoods police" sim about trying to keep your little brother out of trouble and arresting drunks

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Road Not Taken is kind of a hosed up little thing once you get past the surface appearance. I didn't realize those spiders could eat children! :gonk:

It's kind of like Don't Starve as a puzzler instead of an actiony roguelike. Worth the look as a Plus title.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Tortolia posted:

Road Not Taken is kind of a hosed up little thing once you get past the surface appearance. I didn't realize those spiders could eat children! :gonk:

It's kind of like Don't Starve as a puzzler instead of an actiony roguelike. Worth the look as a Plus title.

I liked it at first but the more I played, the more I started to not like it. poo poo is just too random. It'd be way more interesting if they were puzzle levels you had to solve instead of just arbitrary crap.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
It's a lot of trial and error. A little too much for me honestly. I dig the style and the town area a lot and it made me wish it was a old school isometric rpg.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

Some interface organization would be nice.

That triggers this

Fateo McMurray posted:

But not having at at the moment isn't the worst thing ever gently caress you sony :argh:

quote:

Just the people flipping out about it now should chill.

quote:

Fuckin' Sony not letting me customize the UI because that's totally a thing consoles have allowed in the past, M$ did it better

quote:

I have to scroll a bit

quote:

"If Sony allowed this thing they don't, it would be annoying"

quote:

There is no need to get upset.
:ironicat:

holy living gently caress

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

That triggers this

It's only going to get worse once I put in a 2TB HDD. :toot:

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

gibbed posted:

RELAX GODDAMIT :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

gibbed posted:

Some day we'll get folders. Some day...

• Locked thread