Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
They've got the media on the run, what's happening in the block with the massive clouds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
poo poo, I wouldn't be surprised if this escalates into barricades tomorrow.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

They're loving chasing people into housing editions. Where the gently caress are people supposed to go? I get that the cops don't actually care about that, but when they inevitably get asked, where the gently caress are they going to say they wanted the protestors to go?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

"They've got everything cutoff I can't even get home to my family. I ain't trying to do all this belligerant rear end poo poo."

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Who is http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930/player_pop_out the night vision guy?

Is it a reporter or a citizen-reporter?

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
This is pretty hosed up. Horrifying to watch.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

What in the actual gently caress? How is any of this legal?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

They're loving chasing people into housing editions. Where the gently caress are people supposed to go? I get that the cops don't actually care about that, but when they inevitably get asked, where the gently caress are they going to say they wanted the protestors to go?

into the ground

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

good stream watch this

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Who's gonna stop them? It's the harsh truth.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
With situations like this seemingly on the rise I'm thankful for the 2nd amendment.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Damiya posted:

Who is http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930/player_pop_out the night vision guy?

Just said they are KLVA radio.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

This stuff isn't even new, it's been going on for years.

It may or may not be legal but good luck on getting any justice.

Amish
Nov 26, 2004

Murder is on the menu.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Nah, he said that KLVA made it to their truck, but he's not able to make it back to his truck.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Arrgytehpirate posted:

No that was the vehicle he was next to. He said "they got to their vehicle. we are cut off"

Torlo Hans
Apr 23, 2005

La familia es todo.
Dinosaur Gum

Damiya posted:

He passed a truck and I think he said he was with http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/station/kmox/

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Spiritus Nox posted:

They're loving chasing people into housing editions. Where the gently caress are people supposed to go?

They do care. Their answer is, "Anywhere but loving here." They don't understand that message is no longer acceptable in American public discourse and are not savvy enough to message it properly.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Nonsense posted:

Is there any real way to prevent yourself from being kettled by police?

Not that wouldn't get you shot in the head, in Ferguson

Javes posted:

With situations like this seemingly on the rise I'm thankful for the 2nd amendment.

Just about nobody who's too big on that thinks what's going on in Ferguson is a bad thing at all.

the yeti fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 14, 2014

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
How did his camera get damaged? Did he drop or did it get shot by a rubber bullet?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

poo poo like this has been standard for the poor for decades. Just now it is moving to blue collar neighborhoods

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Zeitgueist posted:

This stuff isn't even new, it's been going on for years.

It may or may not be legal but good luck on getting any justice.

I mean I know it's not legal and it's been going on in poor areas forever, but it's on video and all over the internet. Why isn't there a federal response? Why isn't the Governor of MO doing something? It's obvious the police are provoking this.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zeitgueist posted:

There's tactics but you're not going to see people posting them outside of activists groups. Mostly, though, not really.

The police have superior gear, numbers, and mobility.

The big advantage is coordination. The police have rapid communications, a clear chain of command, and decision makers with access to real time tactical information. A large group of protesters has few if any of these advantages.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

What the gently caress.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

I mean I know it's not legal and it's been going on in poor areas forever, but it's on video and all over the internet. Why isn't there a federal response? Why isn't the Governor of MO doing something? It's obvious the police are provoking this.

They're poor and black. No one cares.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

:stare:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I just realized I have an overwhelming desire to see that group of officers get hit by a predator drone like they're loving ISIS or something.

Your Sledgehammer
May 10, 2010

Don`t fall asleep, you gotta write for THUNDERDOME

This. Someone needs to step in now or it's going to get really, really bad. Someone has already been murdered.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Can't get over the police telling people to disperse while cutting off their avenues of escape.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
"Where are the politicians at? They want the black votes but they're not out here"

Good point.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

The federal government literally coordinated with police to do exactly this in response to the Occupy protests. Everything you're seeing here happened in LA, Oakland, NYC, etc.

Why would the feds do something to stop this? Most of the public will say they deserved it.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
There's gonna be a ton of negative press over this, this is too well-recorded and insane and big to go unnoticed. Whether anything's done about it in the long run is a different story entirely. Probably nothing, knowing the US' history with this stuff

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
The night vision stream is KARG Argus Radio - http://www.argusradio.com/

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Spiritus Nox posted:

Can't get over the police telling people to disperse while cutting off their avenues of escape.

This is fairly standard. They do this on purpose.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Two teens in the other room facebooking away so out of curiosity I asked "hey either of you kids hear about ferguson or mike brown"

"who"

"a black kid in missouri got shot by the police"

"another one? oh dang"

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Rollofthedice posted:

There's gonna be a ton of negative press over this, this is too well-recorded and insane and big to go unnoticed. Whether anything's done about it in the long run is a different story entirely.

I hope this is true but I don't really have any confidence in it being the case.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Zeitgueist posted:

This is fairly standard. They do this on purpose.

Gotta bust in some heads to show the community you mean business.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Spiritus Nox posted:

This is pretty normal for protests, they want people to be too scared to continue to assemble.

Edit: so very beaten.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Not that they have a large say, but Anon went from asking protesters to not be violent to calling it a revolution. God I hope people don't actually start fighting back they'd get slaughtered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
http://twitpic.com/ea2knj

• Locked thread