Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

xbilkis posted:

I know Scott has talked about swapping places with someone like PFT so he can play a character in one episode, and after hearing his work as Dabney the caricature artist, I need that to happen as soon as possible
Dabney deserves to be on some lists or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Thanks for the I4H suggestions, guys. I will check them all out. I swear it to you!
Agreed. I remember when he did voices at the end of Time Bobby 3 and I was very much surprised that he had this talent.

It was so dumb and predictable but I laughed very hard at Dabney's "I think I know what to exaggerate here." And Mantzoukas asking the tough questions.

Has Melissa Rauch been on any non-Wompler eps? She's quite good. The initial reveal of Kimmy and Katie in the previous Womptacular cracked me up like crazy. You wouldn't expect that from someone from that particular sitcom...

Nope, she's only been on these. She's probably pretty busy with that awful show she's on, though I don't begrudge her it because she's legitimately funny even if the show isn't, so at least it raises her profile.

And I hope if Scott does do an episode where he plays a character, Mantzoukas is there too. After all of Scott's nitpicking of other people's characters over the years, I think he needs a taste of his own medicine. PFT should be there too, of course.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I'm a bit sick of these long running sequels, but that was pretty great. Jason's "what would you know about a good character" to Scott made me lose it. Also, I think Traci Rearden might have become my favorite character on these. Her voice is intrinsically hilarious.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Fantastic episode. And Melissa Rauch almost certainly makes more in a year than everyone else on that episode combined - she is very funny when she's on though, would like to see her do more, or an Improv4Humans.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I kind of want Kimmy and Katie to have their own show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Like Ronna and Beverly but they have to say everything 3 times.
Dabney needs to be on a CBB proper.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dabney seriously had me crying laughing for the first time in a long while. Kimmy and Katie are also all-stars. I really enjoyed that episode.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It cracked me up that Scott immediately recognized that The Darkness song. Scott Aukerman is very consistent.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

SunshineDanceParty posted:

It cracked me up that Scott immediately recognized that The Darkness song. Scott Aukerman is very consistent.
Hahahaha and he said it so dismissively, like "ugggh don't you know the DARKNESS" and I just smiled and shook my head "ohhh old man Sock Hopperman"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Dabney says something when he's coming back to do Traci's caricature at 47 minutes and I just can't make it out. Does anyone know what he's saying?

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Dabney says something when he's coming back to do Traci's caricature at 47 minutes and I just can't make it out. Does anyone know what he's saying?

Is it 'I stabbed my own wife by accident with my caricature pen'?

Edit: nope. Not the part you meant I guess.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 13, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Best guess is "I'm met you a bacon keel, my friend."

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Best guess is "I'm met you a bacon keel, my friend."

"I'm at your beck and call, my friend."

It's a common phrase.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Oh! I know the phrase, but I must have listened to that 6 times and I couldn't make it out.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Speaking of 6, I love that Scott is obsessed with calculating small throw-away comments about numbers. It's a shame Don Dimello wasn't introduced during Dabneys first appearance as Daly probably would have a fun time torturing Scott to go more insane with his character as he's been with Jason and Scott.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/origin-story-a-documentary

Here is the link to fund Kulap's documentary about unwinding her own past and meeting her biological father. Also if you have 5000 bucks lying around you can be on CBB if you want.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Politicalrancor posted:

Here is the link to fund Kulap's documentary about unwinding her own past and meeting her biological father. Also if you have 5000 bucks lying around you can be on CBB if you want.

I'm not paying fiiiiive thousand dollars to be a CBB guest on a Thursday.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm not paying fiiiiive thousand dollars to be a CBB guest on a Thursday.

You do get to choose your guests though. Mine would be Tim Heidecker and an ambient musician, and I'd laugh as podcast listeners everywhere blew their brains out.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Politicalrancor posted:

Finally, Brett Gelman can buy his way back onto the show!

My guests would be Ben Schwartz and Matt Besser. I'd just sit back and enjoy seeing Ben get put into Confrontation Corner :allears:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

My guests would be Paul F. Tompkins and no Auckerman and the Pod F. Tompkast would take over the show like a virus forever

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JethroMcB posted:

Finally, Brett Gelman can buy his way back onto the show!

My guests would be Ben Schwartz and Matt Besser. I'd just sit back and enjoy seeing Ben get put into Confrontation Corner :allears:

For some reason I don't love Ben Schwartz. I have some unnatural bias against him. But I do admit he's got an insanely fast brain and is great at improv and comedy.

I just had to get that off my chest.

Edit: more as an admission of my biases and weakness than any shortcomings of Mr Schwartz.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Naw Shwartz is definitely the bro-iest dude. It's like Jean Ralphio is just his comedic persona turned up a slight notch.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Todd Glass, Rory Scovel and PFT

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I feel like a total dick for thinking this but Kulap's documentary looks like a really well-made parody of a documentary from an episode of CBB TV. I'll still chip in $5 because, come on, we get so much free content from them. But yeeeeeeesh.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Me, Wompler, Reardon, and Geno. :911:

Or just Me and Dabney

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I feel like a total dick for thinking this but Kulap's documentary looks like a really well-made parody of a documentary from an episode of CBB TV. I'll still chip in $5 because, come on, we get so much free content from them. But yeeeeeeesh.

i didnt get that vibe. It doesnt look great but i didnt see anything funny about it

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

manyak posted:

i didnt get that vibe. It doesnt look great but i didnt see anything funny about it
Agreed. I think it may be a little amateurish, but it's not absurd. Just really normal, unambitious (which is weird to say about something she traveled around the world to make). But more power to her, I'll def see it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

manyak posted:

I don't mean it looks like a Epic Movie ha-ha parody, but it hits all the beats for an overly serious doc: Voiceover about finding yourself, a hero's journey through unexpected places (from Hollywood to Minnesota... to Laos?!!), the wistful gaze at the camera near the end. I think it's great that Kulap found her birth dad, but Vince from Entourage directed the exact same documentary and it looked just as self-indulgent.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

a worthy uhh posted:

Me, Wompler, Reardon, and Geno. :911:

Or just Me and Dabney

Dabney & I

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I loved when Jason asked Scott if he had anything to say to Dabney.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

My favorite part was Scott's "Wompster's Ball" pun that most didn't hear, but Jason heard enough to let out an "ugh."

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

No, I claimed him first. Me, not you.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Eltoasto posted:

My favorite part was Scott's "Wompster's Ball" pun that most didn't hear, but Jason heard enough to let out an "ugh."

Some of Scott's best lines go criminally unacknowledged by the people in the room. I guess people are paying more attention to the weirdos they need to react to than the straight man holding it all together?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Some of Scott's best lines go criminally unacknowledged by the people in the room. I guess people are paying more attention to the weirdos they need to react to than the straight man holding it all together?

That episode was just chaos. Too many people, too many characters.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

JethroMcB posted:

Too many people, too many characters.

But those are the best episodes.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

That episode was just chaos. Too many people, too many characters.

Me Gusta Characters

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Characs

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Why would I pay 5000 bucks to go on the podcast and prove I'm not funny when I can do it here for 10?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
After that other "donation guest" episode where the guy just tried to do what Scott does during Harris' Phone Corner, it sounds like it could indeed lead to disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
The new Improv4Humans has PFT.