Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Patricia Bynes just tweeted that a white dude was beat by protesters. Ambulance is apparently arriving

reddit says that a dude walking his dog got beat the gently caress up for no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Rollofthedice posted:

Patricia Bynes just tweeted that a man was beat by protesters. Ambulance is apparently arriving

Gregor Samsa posted:

Probably time to split, dude.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Aha are you for real. D&D everyone

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress. Live feed's reporting that some white local got beaten up by some protestors. We'll all probably come to regret that.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 593 days!
Can't blame the black population there for being irrationally angry, but the worst thing they could do is make this a blanket race thing.

I've seen plenty of black cops in these pictures. It's a cops vs. "civilians" (as they like to call non-cops) thing ultimately.

Though some random pissed of kid in a riot isn't going to be thinking about broader appeal.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Headlines for tomorrow:

PS Neo Duckberg get the gently caress out of there.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Rollofthedice posted:

reddit says that a dude walking his dog got beat the gently caress up for no reason

This will be the headline on Drudge tomorrow. Tear gas? What tear gas?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Neo Duckberg posted:

loving get out of there you dumb gently caress Do not get hurt trying to score internet cool points

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I am leaving

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

SirKibbles posted:

loving get out of there you dumb gently caress

edit: yay

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I was kinda hoping those idiots wouldn't actually just beat up a dude for being white. 'Bout as hosed as it gets right there, no excuses.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Neo Duckberg posted:

If you're trolling you're kind of stupid and boring. If you're not then get the gently caress out of town.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 593 days!
Great...now this white guy getting beat up will be the only headline.

I hope the morons who did this get arrested, but they will probably be the only ones not loving arrested when this is over.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I was a bit worried, now I'm sure mainstream news networks will be reporting on this.

New Division
Jun 23, 2004

I beg to present to you as a Christmas gift, Mr. Lombardi, the city of Detroit.

Miltank posted:

I was kinda hoping those idiots wouldn't actually just beat up a dude for being white. 'Bout as hosed as it gets right there, no excuses.

Kinda weird considering he was apparently a local too.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SirKibbles posted:

loving get out of there you dumb gently caress Do not get hurt trying to score internet cool points

Your presence harms the cause more than it helps. You were supposed to have already got the gently caress out, 'cause poo poo is about to turn deadly.

E:

Miltank posted:

There's a lot of anger in the area. The police are to blame for escalating the situation, however, the Ferg PD lives in the area. Those coppers' greatest fear is that the black residents won't see them as powerful enough to resist.

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 14, 2014

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"One of the guys out here, black, fought the guy off him."

Less bad.

Still pretty bad though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Cesar Cedeno posted:

I hope the morons who did this get arrested, but they will probably be the only ones not loving arrested when this is over.

That moron probably hosed this up for everyone tbh

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

Did the black guy get blood in your mouth?

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Bynes also just tweeted that a different black dude fought the attacker off the guy. So it's not like there's any protester solidarity at all going on right now.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

sector_corrector posted:

That looks like DC's bus signs.

The apartments and the bus signs look exactly like NYC to me.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Cesar Cedeno posted:

I suspect the cop who shot Mike Brown will also not be arrested.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Cesar Cedeno posted:

And yet the guy who killed mike not even on paid leave I bet. gently caress this country I want to love it I do but it doesn't consider me American.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

skaboomizzy posted:

Rachel Maddow is live again (it's usually a repeat of the 9pm show) and comparing Ferguson to the Bundy Ranch bullshit.

I hope it was an argument for arming the protesters to create a more peaceful protest. I hear there was a movement for open carry protests in 1967 in California.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its time to leave, whiteboy. This ain't your time to speak. This is your time to listen.
Sometimes it's really hard to tell in this kind of thread whether people are trolling or just legitimately stupid.

Cesar Cedeno
May 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 593 days!

My Imaginary GF posted:

Your presence harms the cause more than it helps. You were supposed to have already got the gently caress out, 'cause poo poo is about to turn deadly.

His presence doesn't hurt poo poo, if the protesters make this a purely race issue, they will be crushed hard and won't get an ounce of sympathy from 90% of the nation.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Muscle Tracer posted:

The apartments and the bus signs look exactly like NYC to me.
That's definitely DC, the sign says "metrobus" on it.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
CNN Internat'l, which regular CNN cuts to after midnight, is covering this now.

Your Sledgehammer
May 10, 2010

Don`t fall asleep, you gotta write for THUNDERDOME

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Sometimes it's really hard to tell in this kind of thread whether people are trolling or just legitimately stupid.

What's wrong with what you quoted, exactly? Makes perfect sense to me.

Gargield
Aug 15, 2006

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Vincent Van Goat posted:

I was a bit worried, now I'm sure mainstream news networks will be reporting on this.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Cesar Cedeno posted:

His presence doesn't hurt poo poo, if the protesters make this a purely race issue, they will be crushed hard and won't get an ounce of sympathy from 90% of the nation.

As opposed to only getting sympathy from 30-40% of the nation even if they did everything "right".

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Von Sloneker posted:

CNN Internat'l, which regular CNN cuts to after midnight, is covering this now.

This is an absurdly sad statement, jesus.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Cesar Cedeno posted:

Worst post/av combo ever but it made me laugh,thanks even if was only indirectly.

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

Your Sledgehammer posted:

What's wrong with what you quoted, exactly? Makes perfect sense to me.

I'm not part of the normal crew, so I apologize if this is a stupid response, but do we know that Neo Duckberg is white or are we assuming this?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

EDIT: Nevermind. Some posts bled together.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cesar Cedeno posted:

There was a riot mang, the cops control the narrative entirely and have acted pretty much like Mubarak's police state up to this very moment, flashing cameras and preventing filming of any kind. This country is up the poo poo creek.

Your Sledgehammer
May 10, 2010

Don`t fall asleep, you gotta write for THUNDERDOME

Korwen posted:

I'm not part of the normal crew, so I apologize if this is a stupid response, but do we know that Neo Duckberg is white or are we assuming this?

I thought Rent-A-Cop was trying to claim that Imaginary GF was trolling. But yeah, I think Neo Duckberg is white.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

Pretty much immediately after French's arrest, a few protesters are at the Ferguson PD demanding his release.

Also, President has been briefed tonight on the situation

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Korwen posted:

The video of the protests show his hands and whatnot,could be lightskinned though so some people are assuming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Miltank posted:

maybe they thought he was a ghost.

• Locked thread