Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Double Plus Good posted:

Matt Walsh is an absolute piece of poo poo and despite having a one strike mute policy on anyone who shares anything from his blog, it keeps slipping through. He writes these smug, inflammatory articles meant to provoke a response, and then when people react angrily he goes and cries to other super-conservative christian news sites about the "hateful" responses he gotten :qq:. It's just the worst.

For a second I thought you were talking about this guy and I was super sad because he's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

I'll grant that "avoidable" is an oversimplification, but I think that getting upset with someone over saying that it's avoidable is completely unnecessary and makes AnonymousNarcotics look like the bigger rear end in a top hat there, to me. As for the easy way out thing, maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it seems to me like that David Foster Wallace quote about the burning building, how people who jump from one aren't any less afraid of the fall, it's just that they're more afraid of the fire. That it's not "easy" as it were, but "better/easier" than trying to continue on through the depression.

This is really dumb, you may want to consider changing your meds or some poo poo.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

think you have the wrong thread buddy

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Sorry, I thought you were just being a smartass :(

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Oh man, these tweets were posted in an article about War Machine and Christy Mack.
“Just raped [Christy Mack] She tried to make me wait until “after errands” As if! [sic],” War Machine said in August 2013, reported IBTimes at the time. The tweet has since been deleted.

War Machine’s tweet was, of course, met with outrage, to which he responded: “Real men rape. (Their GF’s and wives, not strangers, don’t get your panties in a bunch.)”

The MMA fighter continued to try to clarify his statements, with no level of success (typos all his, removal of expletives all ours; tweets thanks to IBTimes).

Just loving gross. Even grosser is people supporting him and the fact this type of poo poo happens every day to some women.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Weege, are you mad that no one will listen to you whine about gay elf comics anymore? We all suffer losses, but shitposting is just the easy way out. You need to push on and cope with being a terrible idiot bitch.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

BKPR posted:

Weege, are you mad that no one will listen to you whine about gay elf comics anymore? We all suffer losses, but shitposting is just the easy way out. You need to push on and cope with being a terrible idiot bitch.

Nice War Machine fetishism.

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

What did he expect riding a segway.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

"Someone threw an apple at me, but I didn't beat the poo poo out of them because of THE LIBERAL MEDIA!!!! POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD!!!" -a well-adjusted individual

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

You know what happens when i get a fire lit under me!

NOTHING!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

You know what happens when i get a fire lit under me!

NOTHING! Post about it on Facebook!

ftfy

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

An extensive list of people that someone who rides a segway can beat up:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

PUGGERNAUT posted:

"Someone threw an apple at me, but I didn't beat the poo poo out of them because of THE LIBERAL MEDIA!!!! POLITICAL CORRECTNESS GONE MAD!!!" -a well-adjusted individual

I can understand being pretty pissed off if some punk threw an apple at my head. I can't see bothering to go online and write silly poo poo about the seething fire raging within me because of the incident.

I also would like clarification on "whizzing by my head." I suspect there's a significant chance that this really means, "thrown into the woods somewhere inside my nearly 120 degrees of vision."

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

PUGGERNAUT posted:

"I was riding a segway down the street" -a well-adjusted individual

Chthon
May 29, 2013
This dude is a regular source of hilarity on my feed but this recent post is just a whole new level of stupid.

Huge backlash against him in the comments at least, which was pretty fun to read, although he's sticking to his views and made himself look even worse.

Chthon has a new favorite as of 08:48 on Aug 14, 2014

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Toriori posted:

Oh man, these tweets were posted in an article about War Machine and Christy Mack.
“Just raped [Christy Mack] She tried to make me wait until “after errands” As if! [sic],” War Machine said in August 2013, reported IBTimes at the time. The tweet has since been deleted.

War Machine’s tweet was, of course, met with outrage, to which he responded: “Real men rape. (Their GF’s and wives, not strangers, don’t get your panties in a bunch.)”
It's very interesting seeing what real men do when accused of something (run away, lie) and I expect it will be interesting seeing what they do when arrested (resist and get tasered into submission and beaten and severely restrained, I hope) and when they have to go to court (have a horrible long drawn-out nervous breakdown please Jesus).

I was looking through some "bad dating site messages" and was astonished and mildly horrified to learn that multiple people had received messages like these:

quote:

7 girls were killed a week and a half ago because they wouldn't give a guy a chance. Save someone else. Save yoursef. Give me a chance.

quote:

7 girls lost their lives today because they wouldn't give a guy a chance. Save your life.
I couldn't find the one that actually mentioned Elliott Rodgers. But that poo poo is hosed up. Do the guys who complain that women have an easier time on dating sites understand that some of these women are getting death threats?

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 09:05 on Aug 14, 2014

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

I was looking through some "bad dating site messages" and was astonished and mildly horrified to learn that multiple people had received messages like these:

I couldn't find the one that actually mentioned Elliott Rodgers. But that poo poo is hosed up. Do the guys who complain that women have an easier time on dating sites understand that some of these women are getting death threats?

"But everybody gets death threats so shut up."

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
"Well they wouldn't be getting death threats if they just sucked my dick once in a while! Anyway, I don't go for sluts, I'm a ~Nice Guy~ and if you don't go out with me right now then I might go Elliot Rodgers on you!"

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MyFaceBeHi posted:

"Well they wouldn't be getting death threats if they just sucked my dick once in a while! Anyway, I don't go for sluts, I'm a ~Nice Guy~ and if you don't go out with me right now then I might go Elliot Rodgers on you!"
"And it wouldn't be my fault it'd be yours."

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me
Now for something not racist and terrible, but still awkward! This might belong more in the A/U/G thread, but a friend of mine posted this image(timg'ed for alien's in their underwear):

Most of the comments are just people joking around, and then this:

*tips fedora*

Edit: vvv :golfclap:

Psychobabble! has a new favorite as of 16:07 on Aug 14, 2014

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Psychobabble! posted:

Now for something not racist and terrible, but still awkward! This might belong more in the A/U/G thread, but a friend of mine posted this image(timg'ed for alien's in their underwear):

Most of the comments are just people joking around, and then this:

*tips fedora*

M' Leia

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

This is perfection.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Seahawk fans are weird.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

bean_shadow posted:

Isn't this mostly white people posting this poo poo?

You see, they may be white on the outside, but they are actually black/foxes/Japanese/whatever stuck in the body of a white person.

Or they use the "one of the good ones" excuse. :ughh:

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

trickybiscuits posted:

It's very interesting seeing what real men do when accused of something (run away, lie) and I expect it will be interesting seeing what they do when arrested (resist and get tasered into submission and beaten and severely restrained, I hope) and when they have to go to court (have a horrible long drawn-out nervous breakdown please Jesus).

This is beyond the point, but only two of the deaths in the Isla Vista shooting were women. The other five were Elliot Rodgers' three male roommates, a guy who got caught in the crossfire, and Elliot Rodgers himself.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
All I know is that if a man made a vaguely Elliott Rodger charged pass at me, I'd tell him to expect Aileen Wuornos results.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Since I'm technologically illiterate, I'm gonna give you this little ditty the old fashioned way! For reference, Maddisyn has gotten very involved in the genderqueer movement (with all the ze/zir stuff) and is rockin' the whole "when you are a hammer, the whole world looks like a nail". Destiny is a straight friend of Maddisyn and Aaron is a genderqueer friend of Maddisyn.

Maddisyn: Look, I know Robin Williams was a very funny person at times, but he also made movies that, ironically, vilified people who commit suicide, and one of his biggest hits was terribly transphobic AND he was making another one. Lionizing him unreservedly further alienates people in our communities.

'A culture that continues to laugh at “men in dresses” will continue to invalidate the struggles that actual transgender people go through every day, both in and out of the workplace. If our comedy is stuck in the ’90s, our treatment of LGBT people will be, too.'
http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/no-mrs-doubtfire-sequel-please/

Destiny: Really? Good grief Maddisyn.

Aaron: Gotta disagree. I don't think Mrs Doubtfire dressed up as a old woman because he felt he wanted to relate more like the opposite sex, but because he would do anything to see his children. For me transgender does not come to mind when seeing this movie. Nor do I feel it shed any negative light on the subject. To me it was a feel good classic family film.

Destiny: Yeah, I agree with Aaron. And the lion's share of the humor in that movie wasn't necessarily just because Danny was in a dress, but because of his radical and often failtastic attempts to be the "grown up" for once in his life.

Or are we discussing The Birdcage? No transgendered people in that movie; are you going to write to Nathan Lane and bitch that he dared wear a skirt for laughs in what was honestly a very touching and emotional sacrifice on his character's part?

Destiny: I'm also tired of seeing Silence of the Lambs vilified as tragically transphobic. No. Jame Gumb was NOT transgendered. Not in the book, not in the movie. He was very mentally ill, but moreover, he had NO identity whatsoever, but knew he hated what he visually appeared to be, so he sought out to attach or usurp the power of his opposite image - a woman.

Maddisyn: ... which is why it's transphobic. Trans people are treated as inherently mentally ill (therapy is required to transition) and prominent anti-trans feminists such as Sheila Jeffreys and Janice Raymond consider and refer to sex reassignment surgery as self-harm and mutilation.

Destiny: He wasn't transgendered. At all. So, no. Mentally ill, yes, related to his years of abuse. Not transgendered. Wtf does sex reassignment surgery have to do with it? Why did you have to take a tragic, shocking, and regrettable death of a troubled man and trumpet your cause all over his grave?

Destiny: Therapy is required to get gastric bypass surgery. What's your point?

Maddisyn: We don't get to tell oppressed people what is and isn't hurting them. If we want to help, we have to listen.

Maddisyn: Trans mysogynist characters are not called trans women, because to do so is to validate their identities and fundamentally undermines the message of trans misogyny. The villian of SotL is a psycopathic man who wants to hide in the skin of a woman. That's a pretty literal interpretation of how trans mysogyny views trans women.

Destiny: Therapy is not JUST for fixing people. It is also to prepare someone for a huge upcoming change - ie before surgeries like reassignment or bypass, before adoption/IVF, etc. Re telling people what is or is not oppression... Well, if its all subjective and despite the author, director, and everyone else saying No, this is not a transgender person, nor is it transphobic, then I throw my hands up in resignation. Clearly someone somewhere will be offended by something, whether or not it is rational or not... I'm offended by people who use a tragic death to grandstand about their holy grail. Having dealt with crippling depression and suicidal ideation in my not so distant past, it is horrifying to see people so casual and coarse when discussing his death. I don't see you in much of a hurry to apologize to me about my offendedness.

Maddisyn: I am sorry, and I did not intend to diminish the suffering of people with depression. I think people who commit suicide have experienced terrible suffering and deserve our sympathy, and I'm disgusted by the "suicide is selfish" posts I've seen. I wasn't trying to grandstand, I was trying to express support for people to whom RW was a more problematic figure than he is to most of us.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Background: Jennifer and Bart are having a baby daughter who they intend to name TRYNITI Dawn [last name]. Samantha has one of those Eastern European last names with lots of consonants. Jennifer thinks Samantha is a lawyer or a law student (??) for some reason. Kim is Jennifer's mom.

Male Tiers has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Aug 14, 2014

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

1-800-DOG-LAW posted:

Background: Jennifer and Bart are having a baby daughter who they intend to name Trinity Dawn [last name]. Samantha has one of those Eastern European last names with lots of consonants. Jennifer thinks Samantha is a lawyer or a law student (??) for some reason. Kim is Jennifer's mom.

What alternate spelling of "Trinity" are they talking about?

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

Cage posted:

What alternate spelling of "Trinity" are they talking about?

Sorry, "Tryniti". I guess I'm the first one to misspell it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ok thats pretty dumb but I work at a college ID station, I've seen dumber.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

1-800-DOG-LAW posted:

Background: Jennifer and Bart are having a baby daughter who they intend to name TRYNITI Dawn [last name]. Samantha has one of those Eastern European last names with lots of consonants. Jennifer thinks Samantha is a lawyer or a law student (??) for some reason. Kim is Jennifer's mom.

People I grew up with pull this poo poo all the time. Perfectly civil convo / mild disagreement turns into *BAM NOW WHAT BITCH, I am awesome because x,y,z mediocre achievements that I lord over all the other fucktrophy holders of the trailer park. Don't mess with me!"

What an annoying flashback.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

1-800-DOG-LAW posted:

Sorry, "Tryniti". I guess I'm the first one to misspell it.

If my parents would have done that to me I think I would have gotten it legally changed at the first possible opportunity.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

belt posted:

If my parents would have done that to me I think I would have gotten it legally changed at the first possible opportunity.

Yeah really. Why would you feel the need to mangle a name that badly, especially one that doesn't have a lot of presence (as far as I've experienced)?

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
Considering the other child has the middle names 'Carrie Anne' and this one is 'Tryniti' I'm guessing their next child is going to be Neo (or Kneeyo). There is no hope for those parents, only hope that the children will escape young.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Lethemonster posted:

Considering the other child has the middle names 'Carrie Anne' and this one is 'Tryniti' I'm guessing their next child is going to be Neo (or Kneeyo). There is no hope for those parents, only hope that the children will escape young.

Maybe the next child will be named 'Fish', but it will be spelled Ghoti.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I older wiser.

edit: also what were these "court cases?" Traffic tickets? Small claims? She seems so dim she couldn't win a goddamn raffle, let alone a court case.

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 21:44 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

• Locked thread