Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Love them all, thirds the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

_ by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Dread Head posted:

"super" moon.

Love the second one, big moon with visible tidal effects is a cool mix. I kept watching the moon off my deck trying to get up the motivation to shoot it but failed.

Does this need to be brightened a bit?

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

whaam posted:

Does this need to be brightened a bit?

The burnt highlights zone makes one hell of a focal point, I don't think that lonely flower has the weight to balance that.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

maxmars posted:

The burnt highlights zone makes one hell of a focal point, I don't think that lonely flower has the weight to balance that.

You mean the bright sun is burnt or the dark clouds look burnt? There was no burning in post, but yeah that little berry cluster is fighting against a lot of things pulling the eye away. Wish there would have been some better foreground action to frame.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

whaam posted:

You mean the bright sun is burnt or the dark clouds look burnt? There was no burning in post, but yeah that little berry cluster is fighting against a lot of things pulling the eye away. Wish there would have been some better foreground action to frame.

On the flickr image (which I fav'ed btw) both the area around the sun and the one right below it (in the sea) have lost all detail.
I'd like to see a new version where you crop that part away, I tried it just for fun and I liked it more. Wish Flickr still allowed to draw a rectangle with a comment inside.. Or at least I don't how to do it with the new interface.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
SW Clouds, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Eunos by alkanphel, on Flickr

moonduck
Apr 1, 2005
a tour de force
I spent some time in Yosemite over the weekend. I'm not sure about the processing, any opinions would be appreciated.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

moonduck posted:

I spent some time in Yosemite over the weekend. I'm not sure about the processing, any opinions would be appreciated.

I like the subdued tones. Saturation -10% ?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Clouds over Ross Island, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

LargeHadron posted:

Jim and Barb's house. Iceland.

DSC06231
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

Good stuff!

Estuary, Dawesville, August 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

The Diamond, Scarborough, August 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

deck
Jul 13, 2006

HDR, cope with it.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

deck posted:

HDR, cope with it.

HDR gets a bad rep, HDR is fine when done right, unfortunately this looks way over processed and to me looks like the "bad" HDR sorry.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!
A couple of photos I took this summer, cell phone quality, sorry.

Rivabella

Cimone

Cimoncino

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

moonduck posted:

They look a little dark but I guess there is a lot of cloud cover there.

deck posted:

HDR, cope with it.

HDR. Sucks.

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 14, 2014

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

deck posted:

HDR, cope with it.

Getting called out for terrible overdone HDR, cope with it.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

deck posted:

HDR, cope with it.

Fourthing that this looks really stupid. Would have just been "boring" without the HDR, and that's a huge step up.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

deck posted:

HDR, cope with it.

You can fix this shot, just un-poo poo it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Shadows are a good thing, okay?

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

deck posted:

HDR, cope with it.

yeah, I was just going to ignore this photo and think "someday dude will figure it out" but the "cope with it" is where the line gets drawn.

HDR looks terrible and this is a poorly executed example of it at that.

Try not shooting directly into the sun and you may find that it's not so difficult to create decent images w/out resorting to HDR.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
Here, I took HDR to its logical extreme to make my own version of your image. Please tell me what you think.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

MrBlandAverage posted:

Here, I took HDR to its logical extreme to make my own version of your image. Please tell me what you think.

EXCELLENT IMAGE!!!!!! Love the colors you really made them "pop"

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
Careful. If we hound him(?) too much, he'll start to feel like some sort of martyr or misunderstood artist. Was ridiculed in his own day, but in retrospect we can really see the genius of his work.

Anyways, welcome to the Dorkroom, deck.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

deck posted:

HDR, cope with it.

Please do not post high-dynamic-range tonemapped images.

Actually please do not post.

El Laucha
Oct 9, 2012

No te caigas by Mijaeus, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

deck posted:

HDR, cope with it.

Piling on. The composition is wonderful, the processing is :barf:

deck
Jul 13, 2006

Hahaha. See, the way to do HDR is to move those sliders until you think "I bet these people's mothers would think this is great" then you know you've got it.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

deck posted:

Hahaha. See, the way to do HDR is to move those sliders until you think "I bet these people's mothers would think this is great" then you know you've got it.

I bet your mom gets it.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

deck posted:

Oh hey is that a shameless HDR poster with an absolutely spotless rap sheet?

Awwwww yeeeeeeah.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Look at this sexy rear end refinery:

20140813-0014-web by 8th-samurai, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Sw Macadam, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

Nw Hoyt, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

8th-snype posted:

Look at this sexy rear end refinery:

20140813-0014-web by 8th-samurai, on Flickr

I hope you did the San Juans while you were up there!

Alpenglow
Mar 12, 2007

Is this single point perspective shot of a wall in Portland welcome in the thread? :v:

This is not a window in Portland:

Holy cow flickr oversharpened that one.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Another version of a photo I posted above. Plus a bonus.

img021-2

img022

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

If you are going to do this type of shot you would want to make sure it is completely symmetrical. I'm not sure there's a decent photo to be had there though, at least not with that lighting.

Wall Memorial, Berlin, April 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Apartments, Berlin, April 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

deaders fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 16, 2014

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

xzzy posted:

I hope you did the San Juans while you were up there!

Nope, just got drunk in a motel. I live in Seattle so I can go to the San Juans whenever I feel like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

8th-snype posted:

drunk in a motel.

Name your gallery show this :toot: