Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
nobody who's seen how corporations actually works believe in the cyberpunk movement in anyway

"we will enslave the worlds population by synergizing the cross aisle innovation paradigm to achieve measurable completion of SMART objectives"

...making GBS threads my pants back here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Blackula69 posted:

BlackBerry has shrunk its workforce by roughly 60 percent over the last three years as it attempts to reinvent itself.

rip Kevin

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

rip Kevin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DgbUBoxa48

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

alex314 posted:

I'll probably get a Passport somewhere in next year. gently caress the haters, I like the design. I've been using z30 for a couple of months now, most of the time with android apps got through amazon appstore. So far 90% of the ones I've tried (mostly games) work fine.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

beat me to it

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
that post was the sum total of activity on the bb thread in iyg for the last six weeks

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

FMguru posted:

that post was the sum total of activity on the bb thread in iyg for the last six weeks

haha i didnt even think to check that

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

haha i didnt even think to check that
they really should merge it with the winpho and win rt threads

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

the only use case were an android phone is an improvement

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

FMguru posted:

they really should merge it with the winpho and win rt threads

windows phone has market share and sales volume that's statistically distinguishable from baseline noise tho

and poo poo theres probably more windows rt devices being sold at this rate than blackberries

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
During the second quarter, over 255 million Android-based devices shipped worldwide, representing an 84.7 percent market share, IDC reported on Thursday. Apple's iOS came in second place with 11.7 percent market share and 35.2 million shipments. Combined, the Google and Apple operating systems own 96 percent of the global smartphone market, according to IDC.

Windows Phone was only able to nab 2.5 percent of the market in the second quarter on 7.4 million shipments. Blackberry came in fourth place with 0.5 percent share, according to IDC [about 1.5 million shipments].

:drat:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
So the Canadian Government and South Western Ontario account for .5 of the cell phone market

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

as hilarious as that is don't use IDC numbers please, they're vgchartz with MBAs

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qirex posted:

as hilarious as that is don't use IDC numbers please, they're vgchartz with MBAs

they were the only numbers i could find that actually broke out blackberry numbers for q2 instead of lumping them into "other"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

you'll be eating your words when the passport beats all sales expectations!!!!!!

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

(and sells more than 100)

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

BlackBerry smartphone shipments rise from previous quarter

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4761670-blackberry-smartphone-shipments-rise-from-previous-quarter/

quote:

BlackBerry's smartphone shipments grew 15 per cent in the second quarter from the prior period, recording their first sequential gain in a year as chief executive officer John Chen's turnaround plan takes hold.

BlackBerry shipped 1.5 million units, research firm IDC said in a statement. That is up from 1.3 million in the first quarter. The Waterloo company's share of the global smartphone market held steady at 0.5 percent as the overall market grew, IDC said.

Who are they shipping them too?

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Bonzo posted:

BlackBerry smartphone shipments rise from previous quarter

http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4761670-blackberry-smartphone-shipments-rise-from-previous-quarter/

Who are they shipping them too?

Blackberry Ltd.
Waterloo, Ontario

TO:
Blackberry Ltd.
Waterloo, Ontario

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I think malaysia is still a holdout but I imagine the flood of $50 androids that are taking over the world is having an impact there as well

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

qirex posted:

I think malaysia is still a holdout but I imagine the flood of $50 androids that are taking over the world is having an impact there as well

wd has a factory in malaysia so we get people from malaysia visiting our office all the time and i don't think i've ever seen one of them with a bbry, they all have androids

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

the one person i knew who had a z10 just posted a status on facebook announcing that she was, sadly, switching to ios, and she felt bad about not support bbry more

she's using a loaner so i assume she'll buy a bbry as soon as she can

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i know someone who works for cn rail and uses a z10 and loves it. she's also a legit ayn rand quoting harper supporter climate change denialist israeli citizen so she's pretty full of wrong opinions.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i know someone who works for cn rail and uses a z10 and loves it. she's also a legit ayn rand quoting harper supporter climate change denialist israeli citizen so she's pretty full of wrong opinions.

i hope he gets hit by a train

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

This is the most hosed up thing I've never seen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw9LH_Dp2eM

http://www.businessinsider.com/blackberry-passport-keyboard-video-2014-8

quote:

The Passport comes with a physical keyboard that actually doubles as a touchpad, meaning you can swipe across the keys to interact with the device.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

that's a cool idea but I'm betting they completely gently caress it up just like they did with the storm and every other time they tried to get clever

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

it's like science fiction

from the early 1990's

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
can we stop with this "devices shipped" bullshit because it doesn't mean anything

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

nobody who's seen how corporations actually works believe in the cyberpunk movement in anyway

"we will enslave the worlds population by synergizing the cross aisle innovation paradigm to achieve measurable completion of SMART objectives"

...making GBS threads my pants back here

smart objectives are measurable inherently u redundant gently caress

(its me, im the gently caress)

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Miley Virus posted:

smart objectives are measurable inherently u redundant gently caress

:thejoke:

alternatively, person who has never sat in on a management meeting spotted

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

fleshweasel posted:

can we stop with this "devices shipped" bullshit because it doesn't mean anything

no

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

:thejoke:

alternatively, person who has never sat in on a management meeting spotted

sure haven't

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

fleshweasel posted:

wrong

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

fleshweasel posted:

it's an excellent indicator of how fast they'll be $0.99 on amazon

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
the fact that blackberry is unable to bribe stors to accept more than half a million blackberries a month is a p important thing

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

FMguru posted:

whatever mod responded to my thread title change- thanks

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

Jonny Quest posted:

I've been looking into a Chromebook for awhile but a Passport with that 1440x1440 screen is too drat tempting. If it comes to Verizon I'll definitely be grabbing it.

CLAM DOWN posted:

...a Chromebook and the Passport are completely different devices and use cases. One is a lightweight laptop used for Chrome and web applications, the other is a phablet. You can't really compare them.

Jonny Quest posted:

More similar than not for my use case: An 'always on' device that I can use around the house for RSS, browsing, VNC, and SSH. My Q10 is doing it today but the small screen does have its limits. I find it endlessly amusing that I've 'progressed' in my home browsing habits from a laptop, to a Playbook, to the Q10. Convenience and portability won out for me.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

purge iyg

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."
more than anything else ive ever seen on sa, that thread finally made me realise that goons except yosposters are broken human beings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

'i find it endlessly amusing'

• Locked thread