Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Drewjitsu posted:

Paul/Russ/Bryan gone, ghost heat reverted, some sort of meaningful weapon balance (snipers should not rule the roost), role warfare (other than the kludge of 3/3/3/3), information warfare, Community warfare, Clans having equal power to IS (gently caress TT), and while I'm at it, a toilet made of loving gold.

So, never.

Some combined arms stuff too. Maybe some tanks, VTOLS, and aerotechs. And also the ability to eject and run around in a battlesuit chucking satchel charges at people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Bubbacub posted:

Some combined arms stuff too. Maybe some tanks, VTOLS, and aerotechs. And also the ability to eject and run around in a battlesuit chucking satchel charges at people.

So basically if Paul/Bryan/Russ got together with MS to give all MWO-related rights to the former MW:LL team, jumped off a loving building, and the MW:LL guys used MWO and MW:LL assets to create something worth spending money on.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I've given :hirez:, :pgi:, Gaijin and CRoberts some money. What more can go wrong? :suicide:

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

One of these is within your grasp!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Vorenus posted:

So basically if Paul/Bryan/Russ got together with MS to give all MWO-related rights to the former MW:LL team, jumped off a loving building, and the MW:LL guys used MWO and MW:LL assets to create something worth spending money on.

To be honest, I would've spent money on MW:LL.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Unit registration is up.

Don't moan about being counted as retained.

AP fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Aug 14, 2014

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
You went and made me reinstall this again. I'm still bad at robbits.

Where's the mumble at?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Fat Samurai posted:

You went and made me reinstall this again. I'm still bad at robbits.

Where's the mumble at?

Currently some of us are taking refuge at Goonrathi.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Aesis posted:

Currently some of us are taking refuge at Goonrathi.

Moving from MWO to Star Citizen seems like a good decision :downs:

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Lemming posted:

Moving from MWO to Star Citizen seems like a good decision :downs:

Just for the infrastructure and the people. Because most of WoL seems to have migrated over there now and they have a mumble server - not because of the game because lol.

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010
so how do we get Word of Lowtax if you have to be the community leader? Anyone know who it is or if they even still play?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Yeti Fiasco posted:

so how do we get Word of Lowtax if you have to be the community leader? Anyone know who it is or if they even still play?

Well the most prominent, "known to be at the top" people were the likes of Anders and Brofist, but it's not like there IS any structure to speak of any more. That post AP linked should do it as that Horrace character is a known goon and I think played in a couple of rounds of RHoD so should be recognisable enough.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

AP posted:

Unit registration is up.

I liked the post, now I feeld dirty. I count as retained anyway since I jumped in a week or two ago to see what has become of this once quiet enjoyable game.

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010
Unit Tag: WOL

That's not how you spell 10BX. :/

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Yeti Fiasco posted:

Unit Tag: WOL

That's not how you spell 10BX. :/

If we add a OLO to the end we could convert pubs to fight for us at least.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I only played MWO in closed beta and now I feel like I didn't miss anything good. What a drat trainwreck this game turned out to be.

I guess there's always Heavy Gear Assault, which is also F2P but at least the devs seem intent on not putting in dumb hero mechs or gold plated crap...

Also I got a copy of vanilla MW2 but some loving kid scratched it to where the game doesn't fully install, so now I gotta look for a version that will work in MechVM. :mad:

Zeether fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Aug 14, 2014

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Gold plated mechs are dumb but they are not what ruined MW:O, that is all thanks to actual gameplay mechanic decisions. If collision/ramming was still a thing and some other weird gameplay decisions would've been reverted (ghostheat, pop-tard friendly 3rd person, hosed movement penalty on 'slopes), I'd be happy for every gold plated mech they'd sell.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fil5000 posted:

Well the most prominent, "known to be at the top" people were the likes of Anders and Brofist, but it's not like there IS any structure to speak of any more. That post AP linked should do it as that Horrace character is a known goon and I think played in a couple of rounds of RHoD so should be recognisable enough.

It looks like Anders took care of it, but is on mod preview, so who knows if it's going to get through.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mwo/comments/2dhg3c/unit_preregistration_starts_today_for_founders/cjpoh8i

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Drewjitsu posted:

It looks like Anders took care of it, but is on mod preview, so who knows if it's going to get through.

http://www.reddit.com/r/mwo/comments/2dhg3c/unit_preregistration_starts_today_for_founders/cjpoh8i

As long as someone that's actually playing it gets it it's all good. No sense in tying it to a structure that's already hosed off to another game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I can't imagine that this will end with more than a half dozen goons returning for a couple weeks. Which is too bad because I really liked this game for a while. Oh well, I'm just glad I didn't spend money on it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Anders got in first, so like his post.

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010

AP posted:

can't say I agree with a "the" at the beginning.

Sparq
Feb 10, 2014

If you're using an AC/20, you only need to hit the target once. If the target's still standing, you oughta be somewhere else anyway.

AP posted:

Well gently caress I'm retained now.

Thanks.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Come to your senses, goons. Stop looking at the train wreck.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

AP posted:

Unit registration is up.

I refuse to log in but I nod in approval at the post.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Eh, liked. Under no circumstances will I ever give PGI any more cash, but since I'm a Founder I may as well get my money's worth. I just thank god I didn't give in and get the Battlemaster pack.

Pretty sure SOE still has PGI beat for "company that strangles their signature products the worst"--but its pretty damned competitive.

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010

Kazvall posted:

Come to your senses, goons. Stop looking at the train wreck.

Play the loving game, it's not as horrible as it was in beta, rolling with goons is still fun, even if we are terrible at videogames.

Be the honourable bird warrior you know you want to be.

Yeti Fiasco fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 14, 2014

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Yeti Fiasco posted:

Play the loving game, it's not as horrible as it was in beta, rolling with goons is still fun, even if we are terrible at videogames.

BAWK BAWK GG CLOSE OVER, ROGER ROGER DELTA NINER

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The beta that I played and enjoyed had collision/ramming, no ghost heat and no 3rd person pop-tart cam.
If it would've gotten better since than I'd gladly play it, I'd love it. But for me, the beta was the better game. :colbert:

I'll still playing a few rounds every other day since I re-patched, just because I'll kind of want to get back into it. But claiming the current mess is better than the fun arena shooter they had early one is just a lie.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2 Fox 2

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

gently caress I forgot a few DANGER CLOSE and CRASH OVER RIDE's

Yeti Fiasco
Aug 19, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

The beta that I played and enjoyed had collision/ramming, no ghost heat and no 3rd person pop-tart cam.
If it would've gotten better since than I'd gladly play it, I'd love it. But for me, the beta was the better game. :colbert:

I'll still playing a few rounds every other day since I re-patched, just because I'll kind of want to get back into it. But claiming the current mess is better than the fun arena shooter they had early one is just a lie.

If you're telling me jump sniping and LRM abuse are better than the current faults then you're nuts. I am in no way saying :pgi: are doing good, they are still dribbly retards making terrible decisions.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Jump sniping -> 3rd person (that they said would never come) -> end of my fun in beta.

Edit: saying, in the early beta jump sniping was not really a problem. Pop-tarting was not a valid tactic, at least nowhere near the abilities it got later with the introduction of the (never to be implemented) 3rd person cam.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Aug 14, 2014

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Yeti Fiasco posted:

can't say I agree with a "the" at the beginning.

It's always been "The Word of Lowtax." :colbert:

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Should've made our unit tag SQOK

e: SQWK?

Paramemetic fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Aug 14, 2014

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

Should've made our unit tag SQOK

e: SQWK?

You can always register "The Bird of Lowtax"
Tag: SQWK

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
I'm okay with our boring tag as long as we can finely play together with a proper in-game infrastructure... I rarely become agitated by game development decisions, but the fact that it has taken this long for Community Warfare to emerge is really loving upsetting.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Yeti Fiasco posted:

10/10 best troll post in the games forum

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Blackdog420 posted:

I'm okay with our boring tag as long as we can finely play together with a proper in-game infrastructure... I rarely become agitated by game development decisions, but the fact that it has taken this long for Community Warfare to emerge is really loving upsetting.

It's a good thing you haven't witnessed the countless other boneheaded decisions made by PGI since the inception of this game. Ignorance is bliss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Feindfeuer posted:

Poptarts are weapon balancing, not 3pv.

• Locked thread