Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Next chapter is gonna be the meeting between Griffith and Rickert. Should be out in a couple days. I'm really interested to see whats going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
Really?! A couple days as in this week or soonish?

That's awesome! Since I'm in Japan I'm gonna buy the next copy of Young Animal that I see in a conbini. :swoon:

Edit: Even better, it's out tomorrow! :pcgaming:

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 7, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It's going to be all two page spreads of them walking towards each other. Next chapter will be out in November 2015.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
See you next time!

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Ethiser posted:

It's going to be all two page spreads of them walking towards each other. Next chapter will be out in November 2015.

With close ups of the wind blowing through Griffith's perfect hair taking strategically placed throughout the chapter.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Remind me again, did our protagonist actually reveal how hosed up Griffith is to Rickert? How much of it? How much did the little guy believe? Because like, if Rickert is an upstanding dude and Guts told him what actually happened: shouldn't the next chapter be Rickert immediately walking up to Griffith and nailing him in the dick with whatever he used as weapons, throwing knives, darts, a crossbow, rocks, whatever (I forget the Golden Age).

Edit:

That's just flatout irresponsible of a loving Seinen manga protagonist. When Dark Rickert shows up trained by Griffith after the ten year timeskip and the Old Gutts arc begins and Gutts get a piece of his rear end chopped off he's going to be sorry about the soap opera poo poo he pulled in not immediately telling everyone about the Hitler rape dungeon demon event that wrecked the world.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 8, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
If I recall, no he never did tell Rickert about the gently caress'd up poo poo about Griffith. I recall when Gutts meet Griffith again, Rickert was trying to break up the fight.

I mean I"ll go back and see but I do recall they meet up for the first time in a long time and Gutts really wanted to loving kill Griffith right there and then.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 8, 2014

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he just saw a giant monster man defend griffith, and then turn into an even bigger monster man, which sounds perfectly normal and good to me.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

he just saw a giant monster man defend griffith, and then turn into an even bigger monster man, which sounds perfectly normal and good to me.
there's nothing evil or sketchy about this guy you prejudiced cis male

you know what time it is? a good time to reread Berserk.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Edit:

That's just flatout irresponsible of a loving Seinen manga protagonist. When Dark Rickert shows up trained by Griffith after the ten year timeskip and the Old Gutts arc begins and Gutts get a piece of his rear end chopped off he's going to be sorry about the soap opera poo poo he pulled in not immediately telling everyone about the Hitler rape dungeon demon event that wrecked the world.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Guts is inarticulate as gently caress, he's not gonna tell a kid about how everyone he knows got raped and eaten and maimed.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

look at that face. would that face lie to you

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

look at that face. would that face lie to you
nothing that geometric...could ever tell a lie

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Guts didn't tell Rickert about the eclipse at first (he was too busy going apeshit on Zodd) but he did soon after.

Rickert asking what the hell happened: https://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/berserk/197/7/
Rickert's response to the horrible truth: https://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/berserk/197/10/

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Ah derp. So he did. So yeah maybe Rickert is gonna go punch Griffith in the dick.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
I just noticed that the same chapter foreshadows what we're hopefully gonna see tomorrow and something that will never happen.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
I swear to goodness if some sort of bullshit makes the entire elf island quest pointless like, it doesn't exist anymore or that elves can't actually stop demons I am gonna be upset.

If Casca suddenly snaps back and makes the entire point of the trip moot well then okay I guess I can deal.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Literally Kermit posted:

I swear to goodness if some sort of bullshit makes the entire elf island quest pointless like, it doesn't exist anymore or that elves can't actually stop demons I am gonna be upset.

If Casca suddenly snaps back and makes the entire point of the trip moot well then okay I guess I can deal.

Sudden twist: Turns out Elves are Demons, too.

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
Berserk is a perfect, tragic story of friendship and betrayal if you assume (as I do) that the story ended with the Eclipse.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

And this chapter tells us Griffiths plan

https://www.mangaeden.com/en-manga/berserk/69/14/

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Libluini posted:

Sudden twist: Turns out Elves are Demons, too.

Everything is demons and Guts never actually left the Eclipse. :ohdear:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Casca returning back to normal? Hahahahaha. :smith:

I"m just hoping Gutts wipes off Griffith's smug rear end face.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kubla Khan posted:

Berserk is a perfect, tragic story of friendship and betrayal if you assume (as I do) that the story ended with the Eclipse.

But then you don't get fifty-two two page spreads of glorious Griffith!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Casca returning back to normal? Hahahahaha. :smith:

I"m just hoping Gutts wipes off Griffith's smug rear end face.

I know that Casca will(begin to) go back to normal in fifteen chapters. It's only 15 years away, so get psyched!

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

http://blog.livedoor.jp/abacabu-abacabu/archives/40263796.html here's a preview of the chapter :allears:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

"See the confrontation between Rickert and Griffith NEXT TIME!?!?!? ARE YOU loving SERIOUS?!?!?"

Okay, so now that we've seen all the good things Griffith has done, we need to remind everyone that he's also responsible for creating a world of monsters and is basically making fantasy reality to control people. Gonna make that confrontation between the two even more interesting to see when it gets released next year.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
OH god drat it.

Did he really just do a goddamn flash back on us. GODDAMN IT MIURA STOP TEASING US. Also yes yes Griffith is a savior blah blah. I really can't wait to see Gutts tear that down and cause hell.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Did he say next year for a release? Because I think he just said next year in that spoiler text :smithicide:

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Oh hey, Borkoff's back. Guts owes him an amputation.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
This chapter is not a flashback and the next chapter is due in September.

Ninja edit: unless two panels count as a full flashback.

LordMune fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 11, 2014

Tiger Shark
Oct 2, 2013
Translation is out

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/265986/berserk_v38_ch336_by_evil-genius

"Berserk is published irregularly"

I haven't noticed at all.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

LordMune posted:

This chapter is not a flashback and the next chapter is due in September.

Ninja edit: unless two panels count as a full flashback.

Yeah, this was an interesting chapter. Gives an interesting alternate viewpoint of the Apostles. Locus' view that the overlay of the spiritual realm and the physical realm resulting in humanity having to band together against the supernatural is interesting though ultimately self-defeating. Even in its current state, there's no way Griffith's "paradise" of the persecuted can last.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think the thing I'm curious about more than anything else, in any fiction I'm currently into that's ongoing, is that the other shoe is going to be with Falconia. It's been shown time in time again in Berserk; nothing is gained without sacrifice, and right now Griffith is the literal salvation to every person in Midland. There is going to be a downside to all of this, it's going to be a doozy.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Awesome chapter except for using six pages on that old guy getting his leg brace, for real? I'd rather of had three double page spreads of Griffiths beautiful hair or...pretty much anything else.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
The worst thing about Berserk being so infrequent is that you can't just wait for a while and have several chapters to read at once because one just isn't enough. Maybe I'll just reread the whole thing before the next one.

It was a pretty good chapter, though. The meeting between people who recognize Gutts from giant sword descriptions might turn into something interesting so the six pages of that is fine, to me.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Tiger Shark posted:

Translation is out

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/265986/berserk_v38_ch336_by_evil-genius

"Berserk is published irregularly"

I haven't noticed at all.

One of my major takeaways from the chapter was ending Griffith's rule would immediately lead to all the apostles and monsters being unleashed on the earth. I guess there must always be a hawk king.

As Onimaru said. Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Zorak posted:

Yeah, this was an interesting chapter. Gives an interesting alternate viewpoint of the Apostles. Locus' view that the overlay of the spiritual realm and the physical realm resulting in humanity having to band together against the supernatural is interesting though ultimately self-defeating. Even in its current state, there's no way Griffith's "paradise" of the persecuted can last.

I don't think Locus is focusing on the what Griffith did for the humans there, but for the Apostles.

It also implies that humans are a sideline for Griffith. It's the Apostles versus monsters. Notice that we see a monster and an Apostle fighting, but don't know which is which.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Awesome chapter except for using six pages on that old guy getting his leg brace, for real? I'd rather of had three double page spreads of Griffiths beautiful hair or...pretty much anything else.

Isn't the old guy Daiba? He wasn't some random old guy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Very nice to see it wasn't a flashback chapter. Really liked the chapter.
Seriously Murata is doing a great job building up how Griffith is a savior. It's really going to end up being more hosed up when that paradise crumbles. Also I feel Locus was more focusing on monsters/apostles having something. Not really encouraging that Griffith is the only thing that prevents them from eating human. It's like oh hey yeah thank him otherwise everyone would kill you.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005

House Louse posted:

I don't think Locus is focusing on the what Griffith did for the humans there, but for the Apostles.

It also implies that humans are a sideline for Griffith. It's the Apostles versus monsters. Notice that we see a monster and an Apostle fighting, but don't know which is which.

Sure we do, one is an ogre like Guts fought back in that little village. The other one is the apostle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

U-DO Burger posted:

Isn't the old guy Daiba? He wasn't some random old guy.

Yeah, that was the imperial wizard. Now reduced to keeping a monster in a barn, apparently. Perhaps it'll be one of those Ganishka monsters from a few chapters back.