Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Well I suppose the timeline is being moved another hundred years into the past. Good, more time for me to turn the world purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Kainser posted:

Well, at least it can't be worse than Napoleon's Ambition.

Maybe this time it'll be his right leg

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Can anyone make out the subtitle on that trolly Rome 2 shirt? I'm hoping its something sassy in pseudo-Latin.

forkis
Sep 15, 2011

Kainser posted:

gently caress you Paradox, give me Rome 2 :qq:

They're baiting this poo poo hard.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

This guy just keeps taking digs at himself and his material. Did he just find out he's fired or something?

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
There will be a big announcement! :fap:

It's not rome 2

:argh:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

They raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Well I guess Simcity being a total loving shitstorm failure Cities should do well for that crowd.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
So uh Paradox SimCities might be pretty loving good

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Is the hook for this game just "SimCity with the bad features removed"

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Holy gently caress mod support for Cites Skylines! pre-order!

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Yeah looks like it.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I got a free copy of Cities in Motion some time ago for some reason or other. I still haven't installed it.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Supeerme posted:

Holy gently caress mod support for Cites Skylines! pre-order!

When the trailer said "Play offline" I was sold.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

Pretty much, I think it's pretty great personally :allears:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Ofaloaf posted:

When the trailer said "Play offline" I was sold.

Place erupted at this bit.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

City building. Well, at least I can say that it wasn't the worst possible thing that could've come along and brutally slaughtered my hopes for V3. It could've been an Smartphone game.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

DStecks posted:

Yeah looks like it.

Considering how Simcity hosed up, anything is better.

I need my Citybuilder!

Now that it's all over everyone goes to the buffet table, :gamers:

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

drat it Paradox, if you know you can dash your fans hope by teasing Rome 2 then surely that hints that you can also make actual money off it by actually making it.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

VerdantSquire posted:

City building. Well, at least I can say that it wasn't the worst possible thing that could've come along and brutally slaughtered my hopes for V3. It could've been an Smartphone game.

I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of a city-builder game that isn't the current crop.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
You guys are dumb for expecting a Vicky 3 announcement when HoI IV is still so far off. I'm sure they are working on it but it won't be confirmed until well after HoI is released.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Split the difference and announce a new Caesar game.

Or one based in Renaissance era Europe

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Ofaloaf posted:

I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of a city-builder game that isn't the current crop.

Agreed, I'm a big fan of the genre in general and would love to see a Paradox take on it

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
At this rate, when if they get around to announcing Rome 2, nobody is going to believe them.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Kainser posted:

gently caress you Paradox, give me Rome 2 :qq:

Trolling hard.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Rejected Fate posted:

drat it Paradox, if you know you can dash your fans hope by teasing Rome 2 then surely that hints that you can also make actual money off it by actually making it.

Paradox is naturally resistant to that kind of logic, having been burned hard by it in the past.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Rejected Fate posted:

I feel like Rome 2 is something they will get around to making eventually, maybe after HOI IV or Vicky 3.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You guys are dumb for expecting a Vicky 3 announcement when HoI IV is still so far off. I'm sure they are working on it but it won't be confirmed until well after HoI is released.

A man is surely allowed to dream, right? :smith:

For the record, I don't think that a city building game is an utterly terrible idea. Its just not exactly what I was expecting.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
At the very least, please just take the senate and civil war system and put it in a different game.

...Or make an official version of Steppe Wolfe so we can enjoy ancient history that way.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

That's pretty much all it would take for me to pick up a game of that type these days. Let's just hope they can make it actually run on modern computers and not leak memory all over the place.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

come on the guy said after the Charlemagne bit that PDS announcements were done why was anyone expecting a announcement.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Did they give any sort of info, even just 3 lines like they did for Charlemagne, for the Art of War?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Focused around the 30 years war and the Napoleonic wars.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Also customizable armies.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Holy crap a day night cycle in Hearts of Iron, X-com be praised.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

Allyn posted:

Did they give any sort of info, even just 3 lines like they did for Charlemagne, for the Art of War?

Pretty sure there was something about religion in there as well.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Supeerme posted:

The ability to customize Kingdoms and Empires? Like what Buttery Pasty suggested while EU4 was still being made?
I have not seen any of the things people are talking about, but know this, I will be taking ownership of Paradox if a single one of my ideas or any reminiscent of them are implemented.

nothing to seehere posted:

Focused around the 30 years war and the Napoleonic wars.
Well, if Paradox persists in their focus on warfare, those are at least pretty good wars to flesh out mechanics around.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fuligin posted:

Can anyone make out the subtitle on that trolly Rome 2 shirt? I'm hoping its something sassy in pseudo-Latin.

Wasn't it just SPQR or was there another one?

evilmiera posted:

Holy crap a day night cycle in Hearts of Iron, X-com be praised.

It always had a day/night cycle. HOI2 had one.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

It always had a day/night cycle. HOI2 had one.

It's visible on the map now rather than the minimap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

YouTuber posted:

It's visible on the map now rather than the minimap.
I will be very disappointed if it does not match real-life day/night cycles across the whole year.

• Locked thread