Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Willdrick
May 27, 2013
Guys kick me out of the GOON army (Same nick ingame)so any goon that plans on gaming can join there; I've been busy and I'm starting a rough patch in uni so I'll stick with Warframe, LoL and more of those in-and-out games. It's been fun and I'll check in whenever I've got a long weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Inimicul posted:

Dreadnought. No question. Roughly double the DPS.

If the dreadnought is ded 'ard and has the most dakka, what are the jumpymans for?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

The Lone Badger posted:

If the dreadnought is ded 'ard and has the most dakka, what are the jumpymans for?

For confusing people into thinking they're actually a valid choice and padding the ranks a little

Micr0chiP
Mar 17, 2007
Applied to Goon2 as Bezzer.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

2 out of 3 assault frames can get to 5+ meter splash radius on their primary easily, so AoE is pretty good. Besides the obvious gottagofast afterburners and overdrive.

if'n you dont paint em red, you iz muckin about

permanoob
Sep 28, 2004

Yeah it's a lot like that.
The Zero Punctuation review for FF:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9645-Firefall-Free-To-Play-MMO-Review

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

That's a lot more positive than he usually is.I agree though, Jetpacks do make everything better.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Man, I need to get a new blue or purple lv 40 Run Speed core but they're loving expensive if they're even available on the marketplace.

I noticed that my L35 Assault has twice the HP of my L40 Tigerclaw because my awesome Run Core is like level 12 and the Assault has a L35 Run Core. I got it from one of the traders in NW Sertao and I don't know if I want to farm those quests to pick up another one or if I should just swap them between frames.

The Plasma Cannon has grown on me a little. Primary fire feels really flimsy compared to the Fusion Cannon but the alt fire is a pretty powerful close range attack, it'd be a lot more useful if it had a tighter cone though. I've got 20 Pilot Tokens and I'm looking at getting another frame but as much as I'm enjoying the other two Assault frames I'm not sure if I should pick up the Firecat or not. It sounds to me like it loses even more punch in favor of AOE and I really like the Tigerclaw playstyle of rewarding good aim with heavy punches.

I've heard that the Electron feels a little similar. I can't say I really enjoyed Engineer much after getting it to 10 but I understand that Electron doesn't rely on turrets so much as the Bastion or base Engineer.

Damone
May 3, 2009
Haven't touched this one since... Closed... Closed beta? Alpha? It's been years.

Applying to Goon2 or whatever as Ylahi.

Scags
Nov 12, 2005

Damone posted:

Haven't touched this one since... Closed... Closed beta? Alpha? It's been years.

Applying to Goon2 or whatever as Ylahi.

Its a good time. Still a little light on the content but its better than it was, and the mechanics seem solid.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Scags posted:

Still a little light on the content

That is the understatement of the century right there.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

They're fixing the broken dynamic event system, patch due next week unless they find something game breaking.

Should be much more to do and see with it working.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Lazer Monkey posted:

They're fixing the broken dynamic event system, patch due next week unless they find something game breaking.

Should be much more to do and see with it working.

Maybe they can get around to fixing shielded crater, spent a shitload of resources to make that steaming pile of poo poo lvl 40 purple skill. :colbert:

JonusRockweller
Jul 3, 2013

xxEightxx posted:

Maybe they can get around to fixing shielded crater, spent a shitload of resources to make that steaming pile of poo poo lvl 40 purple skill. :colbert:
I don't think there is a single specialized ability/weapon that works as intended. Regular Altfire, Heals the Enemies... Some very weird and blatant bugs.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Do the devs responsible for the different parts even plaý the game to test if it works as they intended, because if not they are incompetent.

Seriously, I and my team (2 guys) did that all the time, sure it was kind of a hassle but the things we look for are so specific that QA would miss the bugs if they didn't know the minutiae of our work.

I will not tell you the game but it was released by Nintendo and it was/is terrible...

Lazer Monkey fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 15, 2014

RocketSurgeon
Mar 2, 2008
Are there any good roundups on what to actually do when you get to 40 or is that entire part still in development?

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

The endgame isn't really finalized it seems, harvest materials, craft and skulk around broken peninsula...?

And start up a new frame. :)

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

RocketSurgeon posted:

Are there any good roundups on what to actually do when you get to 40 or is that entire part still in development?

Wait an hour for a group for the raid bosses, finish each in under ten minutes, then thump for a week, rinse repeat. Or play something not at 40.

Doofus McPaddleboat
Oct 29, 2003
Applied to Goon Squad Two. Character name Koldune.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice
Applied to Goon Squad Two as Seekhay

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Nice! I keep seeing all these familiar faces from other games coming by to try Rocket Boots.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Accord Engineer is the frame getting the boost this weekend.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

xxEightxx posted:

Accord Engineer is the frame getting the boost this weekend.

Neat, I can probably rack some nice xp with boinging around for nado's.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
/boing oct

Tornados nice if you want the resources but if your goal is to get to 32 in a single day, that's probably the way to go. It's so easy I feel like it's going to be labeled an exploit soon.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
I've never even thought of trying that. Do you just wait around until OCT starts in a shard or are they on some sort of schedule?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Inimicul posted:

/boing oct

Tornados nice if you want the resources but if your goal is to get to 32 in a single day, that's probably the way to go. It's so easy I feel like it's going to be labeled an exploit soon.

Is it not limited by the 6 level experience cap or whatever

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
'The Boss isn't a contract killer.'

gently caress you lady, we've done nothing but murder people for money the last twenty levels.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

How do you guys level from 21 to 32? I leveled my bastion and engi by doing BWA 10 million times, and I don't want to do that again. But now I don't have a nighthawk to carry me through it anymore.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Ass_Burgerer posted:

How do you guys level from 21 to 32? I leveled my bastion and engi by doing BWA 10 million times, and I don't want to do that again. But now I don't have a nighthawk to carry me through it anymore.

Great question, only because I was about to ask it. I did BWA, it was fun but I mostly just respawned a million times, and then the one pub I got grouped with rolled need on everything and took it all, haha.

I'm a bit afraid to go back, but I suppose I don't have to fight that boss, right? If I don't want gear but just XP...

I also traveled over to the next area (with Dredge, etc), but it was sort of bland looking and after turning on all 6 SIN towers I haven't played for 2 days.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Dredge sucks but it sounds like there is an issue keeping things from spawning there. The northwest area isn't too bad because it seems like there are some frequent ARES missions that spawn there but I've heard that the patch next week is supposed to fix the lack of missions.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

xxEightxx posted:

Is it not limited by the 6 level experience cap or whatever

I don't know off the top of my head what level it's set to but I noticed that at 32 I'm not getting as much as I used to so I figure it's appropriate for 22-32 since 5+/- is the rule. There's a lot of Sertao shards across all 3 servers so there's usually one going on at any given time. There is some down time but I did it for a few cycles and it seems there's a lot of people that jump all the time and have formed little teams that go to the same places and compete against each other. Gamma will talk poo poo about Alpha and Beta, etc. If you're super fast you can make it into the compound for the first half of the event for double the xp.

Still, I farm the poo poo out of BWA at least 3 times a day solo to make sure I get the 25,000cy to convert for the daily credit cap. The xp is nice and all.

Edit: 24 is too low to get full credit from OCT

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 16, 2014

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
How can you force yourself to fly a mission solo? At least 3 times I've run various missions and had other people show up in them. When it happens in BWA I kinda feel bad about grabbing all the treasure chests and cutting out before fighting the robot spider from Wild Wild West.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I got stuck in the ground after logging in. Is this a normal occurrence?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

PureRok posted:

I got stuck in the ground after logging in. Is this a normal occurrence?

And you exploded after logging out!

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Inimicul posted:

/boing oct

I tend to do holmgang and nados till 25, oct till 30~32. I'll probably do DT nados till 40.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Is it normal for holmgang missions to tell you to fight them way waaay far away from the actual arena? I tried farming the final boss but he kept spawning super far away, sometimes right near the melding.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I think the red bean market has collapsed even further. I bought 40 and put them on the market to finance a Mammoth, and no movement after three days.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

The artificial restriction on the bean market isn't helping anyone. Then again, if they got rid of it there wouldn't be a point to spending irl monies since it's so easy to earn credits.

Still, that restriction is dumb and needs to go.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

The Lone Badger posted:

I think the red bean market has collapsed even further. I bought 40 and put them on the market to finance a Mammoth, and no movement after three days.

The number of beans on the market at 100 has dropped from 175k to 135k during the last week. They're sold in the order they're listed so you had a lot of beans ahead of yours. They are selling though. I know I buy as many as I can and am not the only one.

Judging by how fast the red bean prices hit the floor, I wonder where it would settle in at if there wasn't the 100cr bottom?

less than three posted:

And you exploded after logging out!

I love this!

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Inimicul posted:

Judging by how fast the red bean prices hit the floor, I wonder where it would settle in at if there wasn't the 100cr bottom?

I bet there is a way to estimate that with maths, but I would have sold them for 50 a pop, myself.

I put up 160 credits and after 5.5 days they started selling. That's when the queue was at 160k or so (at the end of that period). The queue started at maybe 100k when I listed. So I would estimate 20k a day are selling. So to the guy who said they haven't "moved" in 3 days, they are moving. You just have to wait, unfortunately.

What's fun is, if you're online when it gets to you, you start getting rapid fire notifications of each bean sold, and your mailbox fills up with credits. :)

• Locked thread