Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Infenso posted:

Working on the heavy assault directives tree that demands basically auraxing AV grenades and a launcher. Rocket primary? Rocket primary. I'm so sorry, Emerald.

You could always use it as intended and kill vehicles with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

A Tartan Tory posted:

That's a good one, man. That's real funny.

Although I suppose if you aurax the Lancer you're actually doing that, but most of the rest don't keep you honest.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Infenso posted:

Working on the heavy assault directives tree that demands basically auraxing AV grenades and a launcher. Rocket primary? Rocket primary. I'm so sorry, Emerald.

You can do even better. Is your range limited by the shotgun in your primary slot? Use your rocket launcher!

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Infenso posted:

I'm on the final tier of Engineer ones, so I start almost every fight by throwing two sticky grenades. Mostly I feel sorry for my teammates because it's like 1/5 someone will run past me and carry one on their back.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Chance posted:

I'm on the final tier of Engineer ones, so I start almost every fight by throwing two sticky grenades. Mostly I feel sorry for my teammates because it's like 1/5 someone will run past me and carry one on their back.
I don't seem to go an engineer life without at least one teamkill.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

A Tartan Tory posted:

This would be viable if they counted vehicle kills as actual loving kills for the purpose of the directive (and, while I'm at it, weapon auraxiums). As it is, it's basically just a "Yep, go rocket primary some shitters." It's dumb, but that's :soe: as gently caress.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Chance posted:

I absolutely love Bill Sussman's MLG recursion voicepack for this, you get Samuel L Jackson shouting "gently caress you!" when you flub a sticky throw. It gets even better when someone walks through you as you release the nade, then walks back into a group of friendlies.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Nakar posted:

That's a good one, man. That's real funny.

Although I suppose if you aurax the Lancer you're actually doing that, but most of the rest don't keep you honest.

I use my lancer to snipe burster MAXes. Am I a bad person?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

o muerte posted:

It gets even better when someone walks through you as you release the nade, then walks back into a group of friendlies.

Sticky grenades on friendlies always make me think of way back when I first started playing Team Fortress Classic. I got hit by an enemy medic's virus/plague ability, panicked, and ran back into spawn thinking that the health & ammo cabinets would cure it. Except they wouldn't, and I spent a minute or so :supaburn: GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF :supaburn: infecting all of my newly-respawning teammates, healing myself back to full at a cabinet every few seconds.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sitchelin posted:

I use my lancer to snipe burster MAXes. Am I a bad person?

Rocket primary is fine and you're fine to do this.

I actually hate the hell out of Lancers when I'm in a Raven/Burster MAX, and I'm glad that I've only run into it like once in the last 6 months. It may be tricky to hit them with one but he Lancer is the least tricky of all anti-MAX options when they're doing the long range AV thing

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Lancer is excellent against MAXes. It's essentially an anti-MAX sniper rifle. You can engage MAXes at a distance where they can't really engage you, and can kill them in a few fully-charged shots. They basically have to break LOS to you to survive because they can do gently caress-all.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

o muerte posted:

I absolutely love Bill Sussman's MLG recursion voicepack for this, you get Samuel L Jackson shouting "gently caress you!" when you flub a sticky throw. It gets even better when someone walks through you as you release the nade, then walks back into a group of friendlies.

If you're not playing with the MLG recursion voice pack (with per kill sounds turned on) then you're not really playing.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Nakar posted:

The Lancer is excellent against MAXes. It's essentially an anti-MAX sniper rifle. You can engage MAXes at a distance where they can't really engage you, and can kill them in a few fully-charged shots. They basically have to break LOS to you to survive because they can do gently caress-all.

This. The Lancer is my favorite way to troll Raven and Burster MAXes. "Oh you're standing on a hill perfectly still? EAT LASER DOOM, BITCH!" If you don't outright kill them, you put the fear of Vanu in them and set them off running for the nearest spawn shield.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I like to take my LMG and plink AA maxes at range one bullet at a time because it is one of the most irritating things when in a max suit to just constantly get shot at by some rear end in a top hat 100m away.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

^^ That's imho a great way to catch a bullet between the eyes.

Tbh if they are the kind of Max that sit perfectly still on hilltops, well...
I love pixel sniping but I'd be surprised if the lancer makes the top 20 causes of death for maxes.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

hatesfreedom posted:

A young TR recruit asked me which was the most skilled faction. I told him all three of them sucked at everything they do.

I'm a fountain of wisdom up in this piece. The striker needs to return to the days of old when we just shot the poo poo out of everything. TR for life.

Are you Goetta from goon fleet?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

BadLlama posted:

I like to take my LMG and plink AA maxes at range one bullet at a time because it is one of the most irritating things when in a max suit to just constantly get shot at by some rear end in a top hat 100m away.
I like this when I'm using Blueshifts because I just have to sloooowly turn, crouch, and then there's like a 60% chance I will gib them in a second and a half if the COF goes my way. Blueshift accuracy is serious bullshit sometimes. Also if you have a clean arc, it's fun to go after them with Pounders. But that's only if someone's shooting you, if it's a Lancer and they're smart they'll be way too far away to even hope to hit them. And I'm really good with Pounders.

hatesfreedom
Feb 20, 2007

I make a profit of three and a quarter cents an egg by selling them for four and a quarter cents an egg to the people in Malta I buy them from for seven cents an egg. Of course, I don't make the profit. The syndicate makes the profit. And everybody has a share.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Nope sorry. I play with Goons as little as I can. I'm the pubbie whisperer.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Gonkish posted:

This would be viable if they counted vehicle kills as actual loving kills for the purpose of the directive (and, while I'm at it, weapon auraxiums). As it is, it's basically just a "Yep, go rocket primary some shitters." It's dumb, but that's :soe: as gently caress.

Also cause most of the time people bail out at the last second so you get zero kills for doing it.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Are you able to bind V + 6 to something like E? This is very important.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

vigorous sodomy posted:

Goetta would probably tell you to get hosed tbqh.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

BadLlama posted:

Are you able to bind V + 6 to something like E? This is very important.

I don't think so ingame, but autohotkey does a lot of stuff nowadays. Not sure if SOE added in detection for autohotkey yet or if it's considered a cheat or whatever, so YOUR BEST IS MY WORST at your own peril. I did something similar to this to bind THANKS easier and never had any issues.

code:
SetTitleMatchMode 2
#IfWinActive, Planetside
~lbutton::
Send {v}
sleep 50
Send {6}
sleep 5000
return
YOUR BEST IS MY WORST when you shoot once every 5 seconds. change lbutton to e or whatever you want.

Most people using autohotkey with this game just use something like that for autospotting which is just a better (and free) marker implant. Codes get to the point of finding a certain color of pixel and automatically moving the cursor to it, alongside automatic recoil control, which I really hope SOE did something to stop.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Man, people still are legitimately complaining about overpowered the Canister is. You see, the anti-Harasser weapon is killing Harassers faster than any anti-vehicle weapon and this clearly is bullshit! :qq:

After how long the Canister has been awful, they can live with it.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Psykmoe posted:

Buying gametime with EQ1 platinum is probably a bit of a cornercase for most PS2 players in the thread :v:

Or is using Kronos you buy with real money a thing? I'm pretty sure a Kronos costs more than just getting a recurring 1 months subscription.

The way I did it was to buy krono for cash at around 9 bucks apeice (a little less if I remember correctly?)-- it gives me the flexibility of quitting if I want to without having a 1y subscription going to waste and still is cheaper than the 9.99/mo for a 1y sub. Having said that, finding that kind of a deal on Krono was partially based on having played EQ1 and knowing where hackers/botters congregate and privately unload their poo poo on the cheap to avoid attention, ymmv if you just google for it and you certainly wouldnt be buying Krono directly from SoE (16.99 per, I think? so no reason to do that). I think if you just googled for plat sellers and bought from some chinese farming company and then immediately used that plat to purchase Krono from the auction house you can probably easily beat $15 per month ($12ish per month based on the last time I checked on plat prices online and krono prices in-game).

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Westy543 posted:

Man, people still are legitimately complaining about overpowered the Canister is. You see, the anti-Harasser weapon is killing Harassers faster than any anti-vehicle weapon and this clearly is bullshit! :qq:

After how long the Canister has been awful, they can live with it.

You HAVE to link to this. I NEED to see people calling the C85 OP

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Dropped the AC-X11 for a few minutes today and grabbed the Merc since I had basically forgotten it as a gun.

What a headshot machine:allears:

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Epic High Five posted:

You HAVE to link to this. I NEED to see people calling the C85 OP

1. http://www.reddit.com/r/harasser/comments/2dagab/harasser_vs_harasser_ttk_on_a_graph/cjnsl30

2. http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2cxne0/new_canister_is_awesome/cjk8ci9

3. http://www.reddit.com/r/harasser/comments/2d8flf/is_the_harasser_ai_vs_other_harassers_too_much/

Like I hope their game experience is just getting killed by canisters for eternity.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

There's a subreddit just for the loving harasser?

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Fart Car '97 posted:

I'm just glad /r/harasser isn't what I would assume it would be.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This makes my loving day

Welcome to the NC
Where our AV is AV
And our AI is AV

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Cannister is actually super buff against harassars right now, keep getting our vulcan harassars blown away by them. Can't really be mad though its just so :soe:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Fart Car '97 posted:

This is a more shocking revelation than the fact that cannister is apparently decent/not bad now.

My personal anecdote is that I have been run over by more cannister harassers than I have been shot to death with one.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Rename the Canister the Sledgehammer. All NC shotguns should be (noun)hammer.

Aaod
May 29, 2004

A Tartan Tory posted:

Yeah what with the five rockets it takes to kill a tank provided he doesn't hop out and repair?

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Aaod posted:

Yeah what with the five rockets it takes to kill a tank provided he doesn't hop out and repair?

I was being sarcastic. :ssh:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Repost from reddit.

Sometimes you just get lucky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwebKJkIQPY

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Epic High Five posted:

This makes my loving day

Welcome to the NC
Where our AV is AV
And our AI is AV

Apparently it's all ESAI vehicle weapons that do extra damage to Harassers, not just the Canister? I guess everyone just hates the PPA enough that it doesn't get mentioned and...what even IS the TR ES AI weapon anyway?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

Apparently it's all ESAI vehicle weapons that do extra damage to Harassers, not just the Canister? I guess everyone just hates the PPA enough that it doesn't get mentioned and...what even IS the TR ES AI weapon anyway?

The TORQ

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Dallan Invictus posted:

The Marauder. It's 2 Furies taped together at 1/4 the cost. It's one of the few TR guns SoE acknowledged was hideously OP and it got nerfed to Striker levels of usefulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

sitchelin posted:

The Marauder. It's 2 Furies taped together at 1/4 the cost. It's one of the few TR guns SoE acknowledged was hideously OP and it got nerfed to Striker levels of usefulness.

At its height the marauder was doing better then every single NS weapon combined and nearly beat the PPA+every single NS weapon combined. Everyone who complains about PPA spam has a short memory.

• Locked thread