Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LinguineSurprise
Apr 22, 2014
Could I get a invite to the PC clan?

Did this update make sniper rifles decent or are they still rather worthless in the long run? I still have a lanka sitting around taking up space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
PS4's update is FINALLY loving off to Sony for cert. Anyone taking bets on how many times it fails to pass this time? If so I got money on 3.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

is the Distilling Extractor worth making/using at all?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Cardboard Box posted:

You might luck out once or twice and get some Neural Sensors, saving yourself some boring farming

Otherwise, not really

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

that's a bummer. I was hoping it would save me the hassle of neurode farming which has become my loving albatross in this game

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
Lephantis is a pretty nice target for those. He drops both neurodes and orokin cells, so it's a two-for-one deal.

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Farming Kubrow on Earth ain't a bad way to do it either, especially with a Nekros. Kubrow and Kubrow dens have a really good chance of dropping neurodes (I've gotten 4 on a quick exterminate run before). This also gives you a chance at Kubrow mods, which are annoying as hell to get.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

pyromance posted:

Lephantis is a pretty nice target for those. He drops both neurodes and orokin cells, so it's a two-for-one deal.

Or lengthy ODDs, preferably with a Nekros, for the same reason plus it's an endless mode.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Someone please tell me if there is a weapon that I can exploit the broken physics in this game and punt enemies across the map?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

pyromance posted:

I don't even know what Lephantis is, I'm still super lowbie :( I'll keep that in mind though that sounds way better than running Cambria over and over hoping a neurode drops

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

victrix posted:

You might luck out once or twice and get some Neural Sensors, saving yourself some boring farming

Otherwise, not really

Are Resource Extractors worth using at all? I was thinking about fiddling with them once I get a new set of guns.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Cardboard Box posted:

I don't even know what Lephantis is, I'm still super lowbie :( I'll keep that in mind though that sounds way better than running Cambria over and over hoping a neurode drops

Lephantis is the boss of the Orokin Derelicts. To fight him you have to get derelict mission keys and then I think you have to craft keys out of nav coordinates you get in those missions if my memory is correct.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Zombie Samurai posted:

Are Resource Extractors worth using at all? I was thinking about fiddling with them once I get a new set of guns.

Yes, of course. They can be used to lightly supplement materials you don't have. You should make 50% more than your maximum capacity (if you can use two, build 3) and rotate them out so they have time to repair.

In my case I can keep four out so I've got 3 regular extractors running on Mercury, Venus and Uranus to gather polymer bundles (the only resource I ever find myself lacking) and a distilling extractor running on Saturn because one day I swear I will actually get an Orokin Cell (hahah, no I won't).

Zellyn fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 14, 2014

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Zombie Samurai posted:

For the most part, they're wastes of time, but the amount of investment it takes to get them off the ground and running is so low that you might as well. I think in all the time I've been putting them out there, I've gotten a rare material twice. Still, getting 6 neural sensors or orokin cells for about 5 seconds' work is worth it when it happens.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Distilling extractors have a slightly higher chance of getting rare resources. Note, that includes the research material. But it takes twice as long. If you can log on first thing in the morning for 5 minutes, when you get home, and before sleep, you do better with Titans because you don't get more resources with either one, and you can send titans out more often.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
Yeah, apparently it changes it from a 2% chance to a 5% chance, but I don't need any other resource so I might as well waste one of my four slots trying to get something worthwhile.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

xyigx posted:

Someone please tell me if there is a weapon that I can exploit the broken physics in this game and punt enemies across the map?

Kogake and Obex both have a slide attack that ragdolls and launches dudes off to who knows where. The game often gives up and kills them rather than trying to figure out where they've landed.

Kestrel's throw attack also ragdolls enemies.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Cardboard Box posted:

A boss on the ODA node, Orokin Derelict Assassination. To create a key that gives you access to derelict nodes, you need to buy the blueprint from the market and have nav coordinates. ODA keys, however, needs golem nav coordinates that only drop from void missions. They also take an hour to cook instead of the minute for the rest of the derelict keys.

All of this means that it's pretty laborious to get at them. When you're a bit more leveled up, running void missions and what not, you'll have no problem making them.

If you want to run an ODA, your best bet is to just ask in chat. "Hey I'm new but want to run ODA for the neurodes/cells/nekros parts" and you'll be running up in no time. Also, derelict runs are high level missions so as a lower level dude it is also really useful to hang back and soak up all that sweet sweet xp.

Man I really want to go back in time and do a derelict run with goons as an unleveled dude. It has got to be real cool seeing those dudes murdering the poo poo out of endless waves of strong rear end enemies.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

SwissArmyDruid posted:

> change launchers to use sniper ammo
> leave launchers still as eligible to use Rifle Ammo Mutation mod
> don't let launchers equip Sniper Ammo Mutation mod

:de:

Unless the mutation mods stopped working then it's not really important (and the fix is disproportionately complex due to the way mod compatibility and ammo compatibility (don't) interact)

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

WeaponBoy posted:

Yes, of course. They can be used to lightly supplement materials you don't have. You should make 50% more than your maximum capacity (if you can use two, build 3) and rotate them out so they have time to repair.

In my case I can keep four out so I've got 3 regular extractors running on Mercury, Venus and Uranus to gather polymer bundles (the only resource I ever find myself lacking) and a distilling extractor running on Saturn because one day I swear I will actually get an Orokin Cell (hahah, no I won't).
Hey, it happens!

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the game on ps4?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Denzine posted:

Huh, I didn't know this. Time to rebuild me a kestrel, then!

Edit:

:black101:

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 15, 2014

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

xyigx posted:

Boltor/Boltor Prime ragdolls them and sticks mans to walls, no matter how far away the wall is.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Sometimes Radial Javelin will stick mans in midair until the 'javelin' dissipates.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?
So, since the latest hotfix, at random times (as far as I can tell), for random durations, the game won't let me use my mouse to rotate my camera angle horizontally while in missions or on the dumb ship. It's incredibly goddamn frustrating, and my mouse works just fine everywhere else, including menus, out of game, you name it. :de:

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

KARMA! posted:

A boss on the ODA node, Orokin Derelict Assassination. To create a key that gives you access to derelict nodes, you need to buy the blueprint from the market and have nav coordinates. ODA keys, however, needs golem nav coordinates that only drop from void missions. They also take an hour to cook instead of the minute for the rest of the derelict keys.

All of this means that it's pretty laborious to get at them. When you're a bit more leveled up, running void missions and what not, you'll have no problem making them.

If you want to run an ODA, your best bet is to just ask in chat. "Hey I'm new but want to run ODA for the neurodes/cells/nekros parts" and you'll be running up in no time. Also, derelict runs are high level missions so as a lower level dude it is also really useful to hang back and soak up all that sweet sweet xp.

Man I really want to go back in time and do a derelict run with goons as an unleveled dude. It has got to be real cool seeing those dudes murdering the poo poo out of endless waves of strong rear end enemies.

thanks for all the info! I'll probably ask about that sometime. :)

Tom Ford
Feb 9, 2012

e: thank.

Tom Ford fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Aug 15, 2014

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
After a night of ODDs with goons and my Nekros, I'm petitioning DE to rename Soul Punch to Soul Punt.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

BarkingSquirrel posted:

After a night of ODDs with goons and my Nekros, I'm petitioning DE to rename Soul Punch to Soul Punt.

I do wish they'd change it to be more of a cone effect, I guess maybe like a reverse pull with less range but more force (since you're punching a motherfuckers SOUL). Make it play the rattle me bones music too.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Devlan Mud posted:

So, since the latest hotfix, at random times (as far as I can tell), for random durations, the game won't let me use my mouse to rotate my camera angle horizontally while in missions or on the dumb ship. It's incredibly goddamn frustrating, and my mouse works just fine everywhere else, including menus, out of game, you name it. :de:
If you have a 360 controller or similar plugged in, make sure that it's nothing is leaning on the sticks (or just unplug it). Mine does this occasionally because it's old and the sticks are loose enough that they occasionally wander outside of the deadzone just enough to mess with things.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Gazaar posted:

I do wish they'd change it to be more of a cone effect, I guess maybe like a reverse pull with less range but more force (since you're punching a motherfuckers SOUL). Make it play the rattle me bones music too.

The punch that flies out of the target you initially hit causes a ragdoll explosion where it hits - aim down at dudes from above in groups :v:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I just discovered that you can stack buddhas on top of each other.

Imagine four buddhas on the edge of a cliff...

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Cardboard Box posted:

No because it doesn't actually get better quantities than standards, so you actually get less of everything. lol

Prime Distillings on the other hand are objectively the best. The BP is still seemingly exclusive to the last prime access though. But few in-game loot experiences can parallel popping open a doubleshot of x12 Neural Sensors, I tell you what

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Aug 15, 2014

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Distilling Extractors are great if you're not constantly checking them every 4-hour cycle. If you're only gonna check your extractors once or twice a day, Distilling are the way to go.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Denzine posted:

Kogake and Obex both have a slide attack that ragdolls and launches dudes off to who knows where. The game often gives up and kills them rather than trying to figure out where they've landed.

Building the kogake and kestrel now. The obex is uh kind of goofy looking and that's saying something in this game.

Next to find bolter prime parts.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Explosive Attica shenanigans have begun. Is it just me, or does its projectile travel a bit slower than a bow's?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Actually installed for real on PS4 now. I'd appreciate that clan invite.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Helter Skelter posted:

Distilling Extractors are great if you're not constantly checking them every 4-hour cycle. If you're only gonna check your extractors once or twice a day, Distilling are the way to go.

This. If you aren't unemployed or a lunatic, they net you more of the hard stuff to come by. I use two distillers, on Ceres and Saturn, full time, and now also two titans on Venus and Uranus because I somehow ran out of polymer bundles.

I guess newer people consider neurodes and neural sensors the bottleneck, but I got approximately ten zillion back in the old "Warframe = Cyath" days... the hard part for me is always having enough ocells to build prime stuff.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

EroticBlacksmith posted:

They buffed the mk-1 braton as well (it's still bad). The Skana's been a perfectly serviceable weapon for early-game ever since melee 2.0 as well. It's been slow going, but the early game has been getting better lately.

Vor also drops a Cronos BP, which is cheap enough for a newbie to build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
A good first melee weapon to build are the dual heat swords, they've been solid since the get-go and most older goons have a pile of swirling tiger stances to give away.