Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Drifter posted:

I wonder what wacky hijinks Rachel will get into next season.

At this point all that's left is sleeping with Harvey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Senerio posted:

At this point all that's left is sleeping with Harvey.

Nah, she's going to discover she's bi and sleep with either Donna or Jessica. Or both.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Nah, she's going to discover she's bi and sleep with either Donna or Jessica. Or both.

Nobody ever remembers Katrina.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

jscolon2.0 posted:

Katrina's better than that.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

jscolon2.0 posted:

If she had actually been a character for the last season instead of a living appendage to Louis we might have. :colbert:

patentmagus
May 19, 2013

Drifter posted:

I wonder what wacky hijinks Rachel will get into next season.

Disguising a MRSA infection she got at the hospital as she spreads it around like VD to various married men and women.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

patentmagus posted:

Disguising a MRSA infection she got at the hospital as she spreads it around like VD to various married men and women.

"I COULDN'T have slept with her this time because the LAST time I did my dick fell off!"

I still say she collapsed because she was pregnant. I can believe that because the writers on the show are absolutely terrible with regard to her character story.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Is anyone else getting the descriptive audio for the blind instead of the normal track?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Nope.

Also Louis :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh Katrina.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Jessica gonna fire everyone.

Nice job Mike. Mock drama!!

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 14, 2014

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, Jessica was super harsh, like usual.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

muscles like this? posted:

Man, Jessica was super harsh, like usual.

Look, you can't be the Sassy Black Woman without being Sassy. Also, to be fair, everyone's loving up and risking the poo poo out of her law firm.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Louis is my favorite character so I have a hard time watching this show. If he gets fired...

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PaganGoatPants posted:

Louis is my favorite character so I have a hard time watching this show. If he gets fired...

Mike left and came back four eps later. I'm sure Louis isn't leaving.

Also, Jessica was kidding when she 'fired' her boyfriend, right? I liked that guy.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Louis no come back! We miss you!

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
The voice-over by Louis at the end...:(

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Oh man, Donna just lied like a lawyer bitch to louis's face.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Mike's being a little bitch to Rachel in that depo practice, but Rachel's fuckin' stepford wife weird so far. God this poo poo drama is so so so lovely and bad.

Stop this, Suits writers.

edit: Oh Louis, nooooooooooooo :cry:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Aug 14, 2014

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

The voice-over by Louis at the end...:(

Yeah, that was some fantastic voice acting.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Drifter posted:

Oh man, Donna just lied like a lawyer bitch to louis's face.
She told the truth. Harvey wasn't going to fire him!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Khorne posted:

She told the truth. Harvey wasn't going to fire him!

THE SPIRIT OF THE LAW NOT THE LETTER!!!!!

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Damnit show, don't you realize I hate every character that isn't Louis and Donna!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

jscolon2.0 posted:

Damnit show, don't you realize I hate every character that isn't Louis and Donna!

But you're not the general public. You're a goon. RIP Louis.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Given that this is USA, I'd almost be willing to bet that Louis will be back somehow either at the season finale, or within the first 1-2 eps of next season.

Unless this whole thing was a ploy because the actor moved on to bigger and better things, which has been known to happen.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah next week's episode is the summer finale, and I'd be pretty surprised if the cliffhanger wasn't some variation of "We're completely hosed. There's only one man who could get us out of this jam..."

That or the first episode after the summer break they get into a lawsuit or merger or something with whatever company Louis is now working for.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Yeah, if there's anything Suits reliably does, it's tease a major change and then get us back to status quo ante within a handful of episodes. I was honestly surprised Mike stayed away from the firm as long as he did this season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

kazmeyer posted:

Yeah, if there's anything Suits reliably does, it's tease a major change and then get us back to status quo ante within a handful of episodes. I was honestly surprised Mike stayed away from the firm as long as he did this season.

That's more of a USA thing than specifically Suits.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I don't care that the writing in this show is pretty sub-par - I view it as another sort of soap opera. Things are going to be incredibly over dramatic and that's okay. We're not watching a show that's trying to be Breaking Bad or The Sopranos, we're watching a show where the premise is that an unlicensed lawyer kicks rear end and is tolerated/accepted/respected by the absolute best lawyers in New York City. The entire premise of the show is loving ridiculous and it's great because of that. None of this would ever happen in real life, and that's the primary reason why I watch and continue to love this show. I don't watch TV shows to see what would happen in real life; I watch to suspend disbelief in the pursuit of watching events unfold that would never be able to occur in the real world.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

The writing in the show's fine except for the goddamn useless Mike/Rachel romance shenanigans. That's actually really bad.

I don't think anyone has expressed frustration with any of the other plot or story aspects regardless how unlikely they may be. I mean, Louis Litt just walked away with an extra million in his account that apparently Cahill won't go after. Doesn't bother me one bit.

Endormoon
Mar 30, 2004
I dunno, the way everyone acts towards money in this show makes me think a million dollars isn't that big of a deal to anyone. In one of the first episodes, Harvey is walking around with a check of half a million in his pocket to become a senior partner. And Mike was ready to walk away from a million dollar signing bonus with Forcemann. Louis ending up with an extra million he doesn't even want to spend doesn't seem like much of a consolation prize. Unless he blows the whole ill-gotten gain on getting Sheila back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A million probably isn't that much to Louis because he's a Senior Partner and gets profit sharing, while Mike is still an Associate and would just get a regular paycheck. I'm sure it's sizable considering he was able to buy that nice apartment in NYC but a million bucks is still a lot of money to him.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
O god, that whole part with the Rachel and buying daily burgers in the hope Mike would return :psyduck:. Mike, go post that poo poo in E/N and get told to loving sever already, christ.

This episode had some really good Louis, that little crack in the voice at the end.

Drifter posted:

The writing in the show's fine except for the goddamn useless Mike/Rachel romance shenanigans. That's actually really bad.

I don't think anyone has expressed frustration with any of the other plot or story aspects regardless how unlikely they may be. I mean, Louis Litt just walked away with an extra million in his account that apparently Cahill won't go after. Doesn't bother me one bit.
I'm glad they did it that way really. I'm really digging Neal McDonough. He felt like a proper challenge for the firm the whole way and I didn't want to see him lose against Harvey & Co, so this solution worked to uphold his image as bad-rear end and actual challenge for Pearson-Specter.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Yeah, if that's the end of that SEC drama I'm fine with that as the arc's end. Nothing got resolved, but the adventure was there, and maybe they can go after Forster and his big business buds next season. That's why they need Louis - nobody does the books better'n him.

That whole burrito scene was amazingly cringeworthy. It was like kicking a dog and immediately rushing over to it where it ran in order to pet it and feed it treats in the hope it will forgive you. Or punching someone and trying to distract them from crying by making funny faces and sounds to have them laugh so you don't get in trouble.

It felt like such an unhealthy and unstable scene for two adults.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't press too hard on the thread name change when Mike got rehired.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Drifter posted:

It felt like such an unhealthy and unstable scene for two adults.

Yeah it's some Office-level cringeworthiness and awkwardness.

LOOK WHAT I GOT YOU AREN'T WE HAPPY WE'RE SO HAPPY PLEASE DON'T LEAVE I LOVE YOU

The same character that had the balls to ask Jessica to pay for her law school and told Mike the freaking episode before this to get over it and come home is immediately back into anxious teenager mode. I can't believe her character was somehow less offensive when all the writers had her do was walk around in the background of episodes and be eye candy.

Rawrbomb
Mar 11, 2011

rawrrrrr

Endormoon posted:

I dunno, the way everyone acts towards money in this show makes me think a million dollars isn't that big of a deal to anyone. In one of the first episodes, Harvey is walking around with a check of half a million in his pocket to become a senior partner. And Mike was ready to walk away from a million dollar signing bonus with Forcemann. Louis ending up with an extra million he doesn't even want to spend doesn't seem like much of a consolation prize. Unless he blows the whole ill-gotten gain on getting Sheila back.

Associates still get a %, its just waaaay smaller than other peoples. That's where he got the money for the apartment for his grandmother.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Didn't Mike get a ridiculous bonus check from Harvey?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

PaganGoatPants posted:

Probably spent it all on hotel rooms when he was being a baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yeah but that (and probably most of his paychecks for the first couple of seasons) went to getting his grandmother into a good nursing home.

Unless you mean later, then yeah, I believe there was another scene not that long ago where Harvey gave him some crazy amount for a bonus.

• Locked thread