Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

NNick posted:

gently caress off to Liverpool tia.

Suarez is gone, Beatles are overrated and Dirk Pitt supports Liverpool.

Arsenal it is!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Hey new people, welcome to TRP! Great to meetcha!

I think you guys should support Liverpool, they're a really cool club.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

warcrimes posted:

I'm a shameless yanqui plastic who wants to pick a top team while giving the appearance of not picking a top team. Because I used to like to paint bright pink nipples on little toy soldiers, I'm leaning towards Arsenal with their powerful, turgid cannon iconography.

Reasons for:

1) I think it's hilarious that two of the best Pole players in the world play for Germany.
2) The name doesn't evoke depressing THIS IS ENGLAND flashbacks like most of the other choices(anything Manchester, Hull City, Stoke City, Sunderland- is there a more depressing name than this, anywhere?)
3) My cannon is tumescent.
4) Kits are pretty sweet.
5) I'm going to enjoy blaming every bad thing that happens on Ozil.
6) They're not as good as I think they are.

Reasons against:

1) Ozil is a bug-eyed freak who cost the world an 8-0 shutout of shitfuck Brazil.
2) They're not as good as I think they are.

Any gunners(or anyone) want to add to the for/against?

Hello prospective Arsenal supporter,

Regretfully I must inform you that your application has been denied. Please make another post for a different team and be sure to check in next year if there are any spots open.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
shitfuck 8-0

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Dear prospective Arsenal supporters:

Welcome to supporting Arsenal! Being an American Arsenal supporter is both cool and good, just like me, blue footed boobie. Just don't pretend to hate Spurs. You don't even know why you hate them, and it's weird and forced as hell. Instead you should follow the lead of me, blue footed boobie, and ignore the Spurs rivalry and hate Liverpool, because it is an disgusting, evil club with awful fans.

Thanks,

blue footed boobie.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

blue footed boobie posted:

Welcome to supporting Arsenal! Being an American Arsenal supporter is both cool and good, just like me, blue footed boobie. Just don't pretend to hate Spurs. You don't even know why you hate them, and it's weird and forced as hell. Instead you should follow the lead of me, blue footed boobie, and ignore the Spurs rivalry and hate Liverpool, because it is an disgusting, evil club with awful fans.

Thanks,

blue footed boobie.

Or just hate Liverpool because YNWA is a horrible horrible horrible song that gives you (me) hives.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Americans support the mighty Potters Stoke City FC you won't look like a glory hunter (fabricate a story about 'your ancestors) but you'll get to see some tasty poo poo

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
To all new fans who are american,

Pick whoever you drat well want to, everyone in TRP will hate you all the same

Sincerely,
Unapologetic Chelsea Plastic

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Don't loving support anyone without at least watching some football first.

Any time anyone asks everyone should just quote the Russ post

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Ewar Woowar posted:

Don't loving support anyone. Watch some football.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Pinwiz11 posted:

Or just hate Liverpool because YNWA is a horrible horrible horrible song that gives you (me) hives.

Everything about Liverpool is awful, with the exception of their home shirts last year, which were pretty cool.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Everything about Liverpool is awful, with the exception of their home shirts last year, which were pretty cool.

If you don't think Coutinho is cool then you obviously hate football.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I'm going to plastic for, like, Burton Albion or something. Then I can be smug about fake-supporting a "real" team and even smugger when some billionaire buys them in 2073 because all the teams will be owned by oil sheikhs by then

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'd 8-2 be an Arsenal plastic.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

Maybe be a Leicester plastic. It's a real fashionable choice

phwoar

wahey

what a club. Golly what a club.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Here's an idea for American plastics, just watch football and stop "looking into it" and picking teams based on Wikipedia pages.

I loving hate Americans

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Modus Trollens posted:

no its passed down maternally

:lol:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I'm stoked to see more West Ham plastics in trp if I'm honest

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
This reminds me a bit of The Meaning of Life where Death turns up to take people away and an American loudly tries to express what's going on and his feelings on the matter then Death tells him he should just shut up and go with it because for fucks sake does everything have to be analysed to death and everyone else told about it.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Von Linus posted:

This reminds me a bit of The Meaning of Life where Death turns up to take people away and an American loudly tries to express what's going on and his feelings on the matter then Death tells him he should just shut up and go with it because for fucks sake does everything have to be analysed to death and everyone else told about it.

same

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Thanks,

blue footed boobie.

Actually there's really good reasons to hate spurs.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

tekz posted:

Wow, mods?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

tekz posted:

Some would say...millions

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Thanks,

blue footed boobie.
you're american?

...lol

Velvet Elvis
Jul 1, 2007

Haggis Heed posted:

Here's an idea for American plastics, just watch football and stop "looking into it" and picking teams based on Wikipedia pages.

I loving hate Americans

I loving hate people who show an interest in things I enjoy.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Dear american scum,

don't watch the EPL, it's stupid and for nerds, instead you should watch the Bundesliga, which is cool and good if you completely ignore Bayern. Also most of the rad dudes who won the world cup play in the Bundesliga which means it's the best league in the world, obviously.

The Bundesliga is even broadcast on cable tv in the US now, on Fox Sports!

You should check out our fine thread full of cool dudes:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3651995

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Velvet Elvis posted:

I loving hate people who show an interest in things I enjoy.

Do you not think it's a bit weird to view picking a team as so arbitrary that you should get advice on it if you are a grown person who identifies as within a genderspectrum?

Like when people say 'help me pick a team' the first thing that springs to mind is that you've not watched a football match before, because if you had, you would probably have noticed things about a team you liked, or didn't like. You could fancy a team of neonazis if you liked.

It seems more like people say 'I've decided I like football, and now I want to pick the second best but up and coming team so that when they win a title I can say I wasn't a plastic but I don't want to pick some oval office team who is just going to get relegated', than that they say 'Hey I love football and want to kiss it on the mouth and I'll figure out which team I like after watching football'.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Just want to echo that you shouldn't need to pick a club first in order to enjoy watching football. I know this goes against the grantland/espn articles and all the flow charts you've seen.

On top of watching matches, try the following:
  • Read the season previews (the guardian has some good ones)
  • Watch match of the day/other highlights
  • Go to a pub to watch a big match
  • Play fantasy football (if fantasy sports are your thing)
  • Play FIFA (if video games are your thing)

Hopefully you will be able to enjoy watching football without picking a team, and then you will end up finding a club to support more naturally.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Hopefully you will be able to enjoy watching football without picking a team, and then you will end up finding a club to support more naturally.

Be warned everyone, I did this and ended up choosing Crystal Palace. Show better decision-making skills than an idiot like me.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Great White Hope posted:

Be warned everyone, I did this and ended up choosing Crystal Palace. Show better decision-making skills than an idiot like me.

that sounds awesome, i cant wait to watch the poo poo show that is crystal pulis palace unfold this season

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Granted, a lot of this will go away when football finally starts tomorrow :f5:

If only there was a Red Zone Channel type option for the PL...

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

Great White Hope posted:

It is indeed a bad decision to not just pick the winningest teams.

It provides that extra security blanket, for the modern poster.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

8raz posted:

you're american?

...lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Just follow the same team as your favorite TRP poster.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Syncopated posted:

Welcome Spurs fans.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Carrier posted:

Welcome Spurs fans.

I don't support spurs

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
You all suck, so from now on I'll strictly be watching greek football. Nobody here can be a fan of that.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Syncopated posted:

Hmm... wait... Middlesbrough?? I don't see that name on the front page of ESPN, this can't be right!! Mods!!!

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
If I was looking for a club of the people with a lot of history and a touch of panache, I'd support Liverpool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Syncopated posted:

You all suck, so from now on I'll strictly be watching greek football. Nobody here can be a fan of that.

There's a thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3648746

• Locked thread