Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

FirstPlayer posted:

The Pine Tree one actually tasted *exactly* like getting an accidental mouthful of pine needles; it was remarkable. The rest were horrifying though.

Last Christmas I got mince pies with a sachet of pine-flavoured icing sugar to sprinkle on top and that stuff was goddamned delicious. I had no idea 'pine' could be such a good flavour for food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

e: never mind, have a joke on that flowers-in-beard meme

voiceless anal fricative has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Aug 15, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

13Pandora13 posted:

Hang on a drat second here...does that say 150 cahttp://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/05pork.html?pagewanted=alllories? How is there that much cholesterol and so few calories?! I feel like calories from fat should be...way higher. :psyduck:

I feel like anything containing brains should be labeled as a good way to get your own brain hosed up.

So far we have learned that human brain consumption is a bad idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuru_(disease)

That cow brain is not a good choice and in fact cow brain consuming cows can give you BSE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bovine_spongiform_encephalopathy

And pig brains are not exempt from this either: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/05/health/05pork.html?pagewanted=all

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Ham and pineapple is right up there with pepperoni as the top pizza flavour in Canada.

And that's cause it's fuckin' delicious.

Replace the pineapple with well rinsed sauerkraut; it tastes similar but without all of that sweetness. I dig Hawaiian pizza but only if we ordered a bunch of other pies 'cause the sweetness is just too much for me after a slice square or two.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

The son there can't quite get past that he got talked into posing with his family while wearing a sash that says "human being" on it.

Re: Jones Soda holiday mixes. I annually go to a b-movie themed event, and part of the experience is people bring in food that is horrible for you as well as having you watch movies of equal quality. Things like crab chips and chum candy, to get the ball rolling on your ideas. Anyways, one year, someone had all the holiday six packs brought in. I being the oh-so-manly-man I am (read: Goony McGoonerson), decided to go around the horn, and try every single flavor. Every thanksgiving flavor, every christmas flavor, every chanukah flavor, every super bowl flavor. Some tasted pretty dang good, especially some of the desert ones--I was surprised by how much I liked the latke one for instance. Some were bad but not nauseatingly so, and were just what they said they'd be, like sweat--gross, but what did you expect it to taste like other than salty carbonation? Then there were the truly dire ones like astroturf which just made me wretch. But I made it through. And I regret it all.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Kvantum posted:

As awful as these were, the Xmas pack one year with Ham beat out this one, by far. Jones Ham Soda was the most vile thing ever carbonated and sealed in a bottle.

One of the rest areas I stop at regularly on coast-to-coast trips has one of those restaurants that's like 40% gift store. It isn't a chain, just a mom-and-pop freeway trap in some tiny town. One of the things they have for sale is bacon soda. I bought one for my little brother, and it was heinous. Not that it didn't taste like bacon - it did - but because bacon should not be carbonated. Or liquid. Or quite that salty.

Edit:

I don't remember if this was the brand, but I don't think it was Jones.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 06:35 on Aug 15, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I tried them. They were pretty good. Pity they were just a limited time promo thing, because I'd have kept buying them.

Krispy Kareem posted:

We drank a pack of those on a dare. Most disgusting poo poo I've ever had.

The sodium content was off the charts. It was like drinking salt water. Thick, vaguely meaty salt water.
Something like Bovril then?

stratdax posted:

Ham and Pineapple pizza is called Hawaiian pizza in Canada. I have no idea why Ensign Ricky or anybody would think people from the USA would think it's gross when it's named after one of the states of the USA. What the hell is going on here!
Is there anywhere that doesn't have Hawaiian pizza?

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Today I learned that my favorite pizza is as regional as ginger beef or Crispy Crunch bars.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Give me all of these immediately or I will loving end you.

quote:

New Zealand does, so does Taiwan.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Tiggum posted:

Yeah from what I've seen it's the USA that's weird in not having pineapple on their pizza.

It's also the rest of the world that's weird for not having beetroot on their burgers :australia:

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

Memento posted:

It's also the rest of the world that's weird for not having beetroot on their burgers :australia:

Why would I want my burgers to taste like dirt and sadness?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TetsuoTW posted:

Give me all of these immediately or I will loving end you.

I'll swap you for the Pizza ones.

God i wish they'd bring those back.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Memento posted:

Yeah from what I've seen it's the USA that's weird in not having pineapple on their pizza.

I thought this was already settled. It's been twenty years or more since I saw a pizza place that didn't offer pineapple here in the states. I've lived in Florida, Ohio, California, and Nevada in that time. I order pineapple on pizza all the time. Well, "all the time" on the rare occasions I order pizza.

Edit: I guess it's possible that some mom-and-pop shops might not offer pineapple, but they would definitely be the exception.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Memento posted:

I don't know what backward-rear end corner of the USA that these people are talking about, but in the parts of the USA that matter, we've got pineapple pizza.

e:fb :argh:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Memento posted:

I live in the rear end end of Alabama and at this very minute have some leftover pizza in my fridge that has pineapple on it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Centripetal Horse posted:

I thought this was already settled. It's been twenty years or more since I saw a pizza place that didn't offer pineapple here in the states. I've lived in Florida, Ohio, California, and Nevada in that time. I order pineapple on pizza all the time. Well, "all the time" on the rare occasions I order pizza.

Edit: I guess it's possible that some mom-and-pop shops might not offer pineapple, but they would definitely be the exception.

DontMockMySmock posted:

I don't know what backward-rear end corner of the USA that these people are talking about, but in the parts of the USA that matter, we've got pineapple pizza.

World Famous Whore posted:

I live in the rear end end of Alabama and at this very minute have some leftover pizza in my fridge that has pineapple on it.
I am not annoyed in the slightest that I've been proven wrong; in fact, I am happy that my American brethren and sistren are able to enjoy Nature's Own Paradise Fruit on their pizza.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

DontMockMySmock posted:

For anyone outside the US curious about this, these are the areas in the USofA that matter, circled in red. The rest is basically a mash-up of The Road and Mad Max.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

For anyone outside the US curious about this, these are the areas in the USofA that matter, circled in red. The rest is basically a mash-up of The Road and Mad Max.

Chicagoons are gonna be mad but luckily for you they're too busy being shot at to complain

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Edison was a dick posted:

Why would I want my burgers to taste like dirt and sadness?

It's not the straight-out-of-the-ground kind; it's the tinned kind which is really sweet (it's basically canned in sugary water). It's delicious.
A burger is not a burger unless it has a beef patty, bacon, cheese, a fried egg, tinned beetroot, and tinned pineapple :australia:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Istari posted:

It's not the straight-out-of-the-ground kind; it's the tinned kind which is really sweet (it's basically canned in sugary water).

We have them here, except no one but old people eats them. Once everyone 65+ dies out, the bottom is going to fall out of the beet market.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Memento posted:

For a second I thought you said "on their pizzas" and was about to finally write off that last little bit of respect I still had for Australia.

Also beetroot's loving gross and I don't understand Australasia's fascination with it despite growing up in NZ.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

TBF just delete everything in between except the racists South and that's about the average foreigner's perception of American geography anyway.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

They're just so loving blasé about hacking apart wolves with their axes.
"Really, guys? Again??" *sigh* :black101:

TetsuoTW posted:

For a second I thought you said "on their pizzas" and was about to finally write off that last little bit of respect I still had for Australia.

Also beetroot's loving gross and I don't understand Australasia's fascination with it despite growing up in NZ.

Ha, check out this guy who's never had a beetroot pizza.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 10:27 on Aug 15, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Istari posted:

A burger is not a burger unless it has a beef patty, bacon, cheese, a fried egg, tinned beetroot, and tinned pineapple :australia:
Beetroot obviously, but who puts pineapple in a burger? Not that it would be bad, I just haven't seen it. Also, you forgot about tomato and relish. Gherkins are good too.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

We have them here, except no one but old people eats them. Once everyone 65+ dies out, the bottom is going to fall out of the beet market.
You're weird. They're great in burgers and sandwiches or in salad or with rissoles. Eat canned beetroot, Americans, you'll love it.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
Beetroot is one stupid goddamn word

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Groda posted:

Beetroot is one stupid goddamn word

Quiet you.
\

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
You see, you must call it a beetroot to differentiate it from the other parts of the beet which people frequently eat and discuss

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Tiggum posted:

Beetroot obviously, but who puts pineapple in a burger? Not that it would be bad, I just haven't seen it. Also, you forgot about tomato and relish. Gherkins are good too.

Where I live (Northern NSW) canned pineapple rings come standard on a works burger.

twoday posted:

You see, you must call it a beetroot to differentiate it from the other parts of the beet which people frequently eat and discuss

We pretty frequently eat the beetgreens (the leaves) as well, so yes calling it beetroot helps.
Also, if you just say 'beet', that also includes sugar beets (which are kind of gross).

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

twoday posted:

Yeah and why do you park in a driveway and drive in a parkway???

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Tiggum posted:

who puts pineapple in a burger?

It's delicious. We've got that in the parts of the USA that matter, too. You can get it at fast food places, even.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

mostly accurate, with the notable omission of hawaii, the goddamn mecca of pineapple

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I tried them. They were pretty good. Pity they were just a limited time promo thing, because I'd have kept buying them.

Marmite (the superior dark brown spread) crisps were so popular they have their own brand now. Also marmite covered cashews, rice cakes, and chocolate.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

TetsuoTW posted:

Its the purest source of dietary purple in the world, you loving heathen.

Geokinesis posted:

rice cakes

Rapman the Cook has a new favorite as of 12:17 on Aug 15, 2014

canis minor
May 4, 2011

Geokinesis posted:

Marmite (the superior dark brown spread) crisps were so popular they have their own brand now. Also marmite covered cashews, rice cakes, and chocolate.

Yesterday I've tried this: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=282430641

They were not good. Not good at all. Seriously UK, what's with you and weird flavors.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Rapman the Cook posted:

Its the purest source of dietary purple in the world, you loving heathen.

I thought that was Barney ?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

eithedog posted:

Seriously UK, what's with you and weird flavors.

Also beetroot is awesome. It's popular in soups where I live (Borscht and Aukstā).

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Why is there a picture of a little pair of underpants underneath the name of each flavour ?

e: because I can't spell.

Lady Disdain has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Aug 15, 2014

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001
What the hell is a Ranch Raccoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canis minor
May 4, 2011

beato posted:

Also beetroot is awesome. It's popular in soups where I live (Borscht and Aukstā).

High five beetroot buddy! (barszcz and botwinka)

Chocolate lego: http://www.boredpanda.com/chocolate-lego-bricks-akihiro-mizuuchi/

• Locked thread