Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geirskogul posted:

No, wait. Other car forums can be productive sometimes! For instance, I was having problems with the wiring on my beetle today, so I went onto TheSamba forums to see if anybody had a working wiring diagram, or knowledge about the hazard and turn signal switch assemblies.

After spending an hour sifting between posts of "All chineeez made items are poo poo, only get GERMAN parts :bahgawd:," and "I spray all of my electrical connections with WD-40 and let that poo poo soak in, you don't need no diagrams for that what do you think you are, a NERD?! :jerkbag:," I got so fed up I just replaced nearly all of the blade connectors, as they were corroded and I was too lazy earlier to do that. Even got in a kind of zen state with the wire crimper, soldering iron, heatshrink, and box of connectors.

Fixed my problems right up.

Pssssst.....click on technical....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Cat Terrist posted:

I use Plastidip as condoms. Spray on protection baby

Peels right off after too, and it comes in different colors so you can be as festive as you want!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I find that with an appropriately complete sheathing of scabs that my dick achieves the same result with the added benefit of being all natural and self sustaining.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Geirskogul posted:

Even got in a kind of zen state with the wire crimper, soldering iron, heatshrink, and box of connectors.

Been there, done that. It's kinda relaxing, oddly.

cursedshitbox posted:

I use bedliner.

I didn't know you had an Explorer.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hootus

:laffo:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Vatican roulette
Because what's life without a bit of risk?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

NitroSpazzz posted:

Puppy sitting...he's a little doofy

Burmese Mountain Dog?

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

meatpimp posted:

More power, offset with more weight! It's the '60s all over again, only more stupid.

In the 60's the formula was putting more power in lighter cars, which did have the effect of making them heavier but that wasn't really the goal. The basic formula was take a large-car engine and shove it in a mid-size. It wasn't until the onset of the 70's did those midsizes suddenly start bulking up.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

trouser chili posted:

Burmese Mountain Dog?

Bernese

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I enjoy saying "rear end in a top hat casserole" out loud more than I should.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

trouser chili posted:

In the 60's the formula was putting more power in lighter cars, which did have the effect of making them heavier but that wasn't really the goal. The basic formula was take a large-car engine and shove it in a mid-size. It wasn't until the onset of the 70's did those midsizes suddenly start bulking up.

That's for muscle cars and yes, I agree. However, my first car was a '67 Buick Wildcat with a 430. More power, more weight = infinitely-maintainable burnouts. The full-size cars were a lot of fun until smog (and the '70s in general) killed everything.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 207 days!)

meatpimp posted:

That's for muscle cars and yes, I agree. However, my first car was a '67 Buick Wildcat with a 430. More power, more weight = infinitely-maintainable burnouts. The full-size cars were a lot of fun until smog (and the '70s in general) killed everything.

A meatpimp seriouspost? :psyboom:

I still haven't made it through the Muscle Car phase. There is no way I can afford to now. Not a day goes by that I don't kick myself for not finding some way to scrounge up $10k for a 442 W30 back in the mid 90s.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

NitroSpazzz posted:

Puppy sitting...he's a little doofy

I want a bernese puppy so bad. We had one growing up that was the best dog ever. And I don't look ridiculous enough walking my dachshund, I think I need a giant dog as well.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Negromancer posted:

I want a bernese puppy so bad. We had one growing up that was the best dog ever. And I don't look ridiculous enough walking my dachshund, I think I need a giant dog as well.

If you crossed them would you have a huge weiner? :v:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

trouser chili posted:

Burmese Mountain Dog?
No - Burmese is a language
Yes

Negromancer posted:

They are awesome dogs, Mom breeds them and I missed the puppies but this one came back for the weekend. At some point I'll fence in my yard and get one but for now I get my dog fix by coming home. The big males are great and even though they weigh as much as I do they behave. Local university moves in this weekend so I'll be tempted to take one of them to campus for a walk.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 15, 2014

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Goober Peas posted:

I enjoy saying "rear end in a top hat casserole" out loud more than I should.

Any casserole with hot dogs is an rear end in a top hat casserole.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
rear end in a top hat Casserole would be a good band name.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

rear end in a top hat Casserole would be a good band name.

U2 is already taken.

asmasm
Nov 26, 2013

NitroSpazzz posted:

No - Burmese is a language

Yes

They are awesome dogs, Mom breeds them and I missed the puppies but this one came back for the weekend. At some point I'll fence in my yard and get one but for now I get my dog fix by coming home. The big males are great and even though they weigh as much as I do they behave. Local university moves in this weekend so I'll be tempted to take one of them to campus for a walk.

I also had one as a kid and he was a great dog. The health issues keep me from getting another one. Someone needs to engineer them back to where they were 30 years ago.

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
The name is from a Chris Titus stand up routine, and it makes me giggle.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
woah when did people with plat have a little box by their name

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

rscott posted:

woah when did people with plat have a little box by their name

I was about to question why you're on drugs, but then I did a refresh to flush the cache and :aaa:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
SA Class Warfare has begun.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Time to weed out all the poors.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
SA's new monetization has begun

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Fuckin' plebes :smug:

(my lovely $400 subaru with $1k worth of parts dumped in it already passed safety inspection! awww yeah pleb car.)

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

get on my level

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
No.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Next, users without platinum are have the word count of their posts limited. Bucephalus is ahead of the curve.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think postcount listing would be more a mark of shame than a reward.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
More like Fatinum.

(Comedy forums.)

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I was about to question why you're on drugs, but then I did a refresh to flush the cache and :aaa:

Pretty much that right there.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Why would you need a dumb square when the "Message" button is there, too.

THANKS RADIUM

Also, in unironic "thanks radium" news from the other day:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So that's what that little box means....

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
First speeding ticket in five years. Feels bad mang

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

So I won bought this for a pittance..

Guess I can throw the creaky and crappy HF poo poo out in the front yard and start pluggin' holes innit with the 22.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I really need to settle down somewhere so I can buy a house with a real garage (pretty much everything in here besides the car and bikes are my landlady's).

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

kastein posted:

Fuckin' plebes
Please, if I want to feel superior to people, I've got my passport.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

blk posted:

I really need to settle down somewhere so I can buy a house with a real garage (pretty much everything in here besides the car and bikes are my landlady's).

Your garage is just tense. Maybe try giving it a massage, or putting on a sexy movie before you park?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

InitialDave posted:

Please, if I want to feel superior to people, I've got my passport.

come on over and bring the tattiest rover you can lay your hands on! We'll give it the proper thermite sendoff.

• Locked thread