Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
It'll fit. My head is about the same size. It's either a little on the bigger or small size, and I still had some wiggle room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Does anyone know if you need to register with Blizzard to play D3 on the PS4 or can you just pop in the disc and play?

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Kvlt! posted:

Does anyone know if you need to register with Blizzard to play D3 on the PS4 or can you just pop in the disc and play?

They said in a stream last week that there is no connection at all to Battle.net, so I assume there is nothing to register.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Kvlt! posted:

It will be 100% offline-capable.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

limaCAT posted:

Do you remember the 60 minutes limitation on Share Play? Apparently according to Eurogamer that's not a too terrible limitation, you have to invite your friend and play with him 60 minutes per session, then the system disconnects your friend and you have to re-invite your friend to your session. Still I can't see a good title to use it outside Towerfall, Mercenary Kings or even Cod's split-screen PVP.

Far Cry 4 for a friendo who doesn't have the game?

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

Kvlt! posted:

It'll be just like the ps3 one, I assume, you just pop in and play. There's not even a way to connect it to your bnet account.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

limaCAT posted:

Do you remember the 60 minutes limitation on Share Play? Apparently according to Eurogamer that's not a too terrible limitation, you have to invite your friend and play with him 60 minutes per session, then the system disconnects your friend and you have to re-invite your friend to your session. Still I can't see a good title to use it outside Towerfall, Mercenary Kings or even Cod's split-screen PVP.

NBA, FIFA, MLB, NHL, Madden, etc. if you have the game and they don't and you want to play versus mode or like a co-op dynasty or something?

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Skeematic posted:

Canadian PS4 Goons! The Playstation Gold Headset is on for 60 dollars at Futureshop and Bestbuy. Please dont rush out and scoop all of them up in west Edmonton!

Thank you for this! I frantically checked online but all stores around me don't have any. Walmart price matched though, woohoo!

I just hope they'll work with the Playstation TV.

Edit: VVV Damnit Sony :(

FoolishLobster fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 15, 2014

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

FoolishLobster posted:

I just hope they'll work with the Playstation TV.

It's looking like "no" on this, unfortunately, from my tests with the Japanese version of the console.

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

I'm so torn on whether to buy Diablo 3:UEE or not. On one hand, I played the PC version a lot and got every class to 70 and did some gearing up, which was cool... but I'm not sure I want to do that again. On the other hand, it was a lot of fun and I could use another PS4 game to play until Destiny.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

There are a few benefits with Diablo 3 on PS4.

1. Vita remote play. A handheld Diablo, sort of. I'll take it!
2. Couch co-op.
3. Low level characters can more capably play alongside high-level ones, no more getting left behind your group!
4. I guess the Japanese language track if you're buying the game in Japan?

Otherwise it will more or less be the same game.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I'd probably buy Diablo 3 on PS4 if Destiny wasn't coming out like 3 weeks after it launches. As it is I'm about halfway through TLOU single player (and I haven't even tried the multiplayer yet) and I have Ground Zeroes sitting there waiting to be played, so I'll be lucky to get through those before September 9. The minute Destiny finally launches I'd pretty much never play Diablo again.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Now is a good time to remind people that they can move their save files over from 360/PS3 (not PC, suck it nerds) to the PS4 version pretty easily. Here are the instructions.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Silver Striker posted:

I'm so torn on whether to buy Diablo 3:UEE or not. On one hand, I played the PC version a lot and got every class to 70 and did some gearing up, which was cool... but I'm not sure I want to do that again. On the other hand, it was a lot of fun and I could use another PS4 game to play until Destiny.

I'm in the same boat, I really liked the PC version and wouldn't mind double dipping at all to carry me over to Destiny, I'm confident there'd be tons of people to play with too.

univbee posted:

2. Couch co-op.
3. Low level characters can more capably play alongside high-level ones, no more getting left behind your group!

I didn't even think of remote play, bloody hell this might do it for me.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

univbee posted:

2. Couch co-op.

The controller gameplay is actually a gamechanger for me. Clicking on poo poo gets annoying after a while, but actively moving your character around and doing dodge rolls and poo poo turns the game into more of an actiony thing, and I actually felt more invested in my character because I was actually controlling their movements instead of just kinda indicating what they should do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

superh posted:

It'll be just like the ps3 one, I assume, you just pop in and play. There's not even a way to connect it to your bnet account.

I saw an article that mentioned a reward if you do, so I guess they added a way.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Malt posted:

Anyone with a big head use the gold headset? How comfortable is it?

I don't have a number, but my head was too big for mortarboards when I graduated high school/college.

That said, the Gold Headset is really comfortable. Make it too loose for your head, then tighten it one notch so you feel the band on your ears and the top of your head, which evenly distributes the weight/load. Feels great. I'm not a hardcore gamer these days but I've played with them for two straight hours and they were fine.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Crappy Jack posted:

The controller gameplay is actually a gamechanger for me. Clicking on poo poo gets annoying after a while, but actively moving your character around and doing dodge rolls and poo poo turns the game into more of an actiony thing, and I actually felt more invested in my character because I was actually controlling their movements instead of just kinda indicating what they should do.

Was curious how the console controls would work but putting it into perspective for me I'm pretty stoked. Probably just going to do couch co-op with the s/o. I'd love to do 4 player couch co-op but being an adult you can't just round up large groups anymore for long periods :argh:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Aphrodite posted:

I saw an article that mentioned a reward if you do, so I guess they added a way.

Yeah, when I connected my Bnet account to my PSN account, it gave me the "Signet Ring of Blizzard" whatever the gently caress that is.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Just to be clear a game takes up the same amount of HD space no matter if it's digital or disc based (since disc based is install on the HD anyway)? I am debating Diablo III digital or not.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
So far that seems to be the idea. Basically just falls down to if you want to be able to sell it at a later date or not.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

nate fisher posted:

Just to be clear a game takes up the same amount of HD space no matter if it's digital or disc based (since disc based is install on the HD anyway)? I am debating Diablo III digital or not.

Pretty much. All you want to consider is 'am I going to resell this? Or can I download it all by the time I want to play it?'

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Christoff posted:

Was curious how the console controls would work but putting it into perspective for me I'm pretty stoked. Probably just going to do couch co-op with the s/o. I'd love to do 4 player couch co-op but being an adult you can't just round up large groups anymore for long periods :argh:

D3 was designed with consoles in mind. Things like the number of skills you can use equal number of buttons on a controller and 4 people max party is the same number multiplayer games generally have in console games. The dodge mechanic feels like it should be on PC and really changes how you approach elite packs.

D3 was hot garbage at release on PC. It's a lot better now and that's mostly because it copied all of the changes they did with the console version.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Speaking of Digital D3 UEE: If I have it preordered on PSN, it should be available for preload... soon, right?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Feenix posted:

Speaking of Digital D3 UEE: If I have it preordered on PSN, it should be available for preload... soon, right?

I think the plan is for pre-loading to start this weekend sometime, like Sunday or some such.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Feenix posted:

17th. They seem to be unlocking the downloads 48 hours ahead of time; Destiny is on the 7th.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
Is PSN down for anyone else? I can't connect to the network.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I put down Wolfenstein for awhile to play other stuff, and going back to it I have no idea whats going on.

Speaking of, is there any point to going back and playing the alternate timeline?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

EC posted:

I put down Wolfenstein for awhile to play other stuff, and going back to it I have no idea whats going on.

Speaking of, is there any point to going back and playing the alternate timeline?
Armor/Health upgrades, whichever is the opposite of what you picked. Along with Gold and Enigma codes.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

neetengie posted:

Seems to be down. Just when I tried to contact support about Hohokum not working on my PS4 at least a hundred people all jumped in the support queue at once.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Seedge posted:

The only two trophies I need are Thanato... and the one for beating the Brothers. I have the one for Mocking, and I have a recording of me beating the Brothers... but no trophy for it. The idea of facing all 5 superbosses again makes me sad.

Were you switching between systems or just playing it all on PS4? Try syncing the trophies on the PS3 or Vita if you played it on there.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Christoff posted:

I'm currently playing 4 player couch coop with my roommates on the 360 and one of the things I hate so much is inventory management. Especially for people who have never played, it's frustrating to watch them fumble through the menus and wonder what each stat does and look at every single item they have. It'll be nice to just have to worry about my own poo poo and not pausing the game for others online.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

poo poo stolen from reddit update -

Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty Patch 1.05

Canada, Futureshop PlayStation Gold Wireless Stereo Headset 60.00 (sold out ATM maybe reserve in store?)

Defense Grid 2 release date announced (Sept 23)

Open-world Winter Sports Game SNOW Coming to PS4

UK Goons: Sky TV app coming soon

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

neetengie posted:

I was just on and it was fine but last night things were a shitshow.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Just want to repeat something from the previous page.

Called a local Best Buy and they said new shipments come in Monday night and available for Tuesday (although that was a specific Best Buy so YMMV, and who knows if they'll have more headsets on that shipment).

I price-matched this headset at Walmart with no issues, but again that's just the one Walmart I went to.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

That loving Sned posted:

PSNow lets people who don't have a PS3 access its games on other platforms. They're planning on bringing it to TVs and mobile devices as well, so if you can play games on one of those with just a controller and a fast internet connection, then it would let new people try them out.

I actually bought a new TV about a month ago and it supports PS Now. I had no idea when I bought it, I just saw it in the menu. Pretty neat. I paired my DS3 with it then was too cheap to actually rent anything. I can see someone who doesn't have a Playstation using the poo poo out of that. Also cool in a room where you don't want a game system.

On a vaguely related note, it also supports that simulview or whatever poo poo where you can play 2 player games both fullscreen with 3d glasses. I cannot find a single game that supports it that isn't some outdated sports game though. So that's fun. Why did they even include it in a 2014 TV? We don't know.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I could have sworn there was a shooter or two that supported it at least, maybe Resistance 3 and/or Killzone 3? Still pretty pointless either way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Simulview works on any game that is solidly splitscreen in the middle. So no dynamic split like Lego, and also wouldn't work in games like Halo where the screens are diagonal. Horizontal or vertical doesn't matter.

It does have issues if cutscenes go full screen though since you'll only see half. And if the game has a UI that straddles both sides.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 15, 2014

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.

FoolishLobster posted:

Just want to repeat something from the previous page.

Called a local Best Buy and they said new shipments come in Monday night and available for Tuesday (although that was a specific Best Buy so YMMV, and who knows if they'll have more headsets on that shipment).

I price-matched this headset at Walmart with no issues, but again that's just the one Walmart I went to.

Did you have to bring in a flyer to get the price-match?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Aphrodite posted:

Simulview works on any game that is solidly splitscreen in the middle. So no dynamic split like Lego, and also wouldn't work in games like Halo where the screens are diagonal. Horizontal or vertical doesn't matter.

It does have issues if cutscenes go full screen though since you'll only see half. And if the game has a UI that straddles both sides.

Wait, I can just turn it on when the game doesn't explicitly support it? I did not know that. Interesting. Would everything be super stretched or does it somehow magic it to the correct aspect ratio?

• Locked thread