Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

FROM MARTIN SCORSESE*

*didn't actually direct the movie, real director not actually named

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

FROM MARTIN SCORSESE*

*didn't actually direct the movie, real director not actually named

Well in all fairness it's directed by more than one person, they're both asian and both not named John Woo or Ang Lee.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I know what the film is actually about, but that poster makes me want a horror movie where a pride of lions gets loose in suburbia on Labor Day weekend. People are enjoying their barbeque and suddenly a lion pounces on little Billy hauling him off. Then as the disbelieving parents stare in shock, another lion comes up behind them and snatches their burgers along with the entire forearm that was holding it.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Those are all cool, but this is a really, really cool poster.

I am basically in love with it.

(Uses literally zero colors and manages to not be a lovely poster unlike ... ahem)

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh my God.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
A couple more Bacall posters.

Now THAT'S a cast!

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Hah did almost all of Bacall's posters have her doing "the look"?

This one is pretty spectacular given the pose and colorization make it look like she's suffering a cold.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

kiimo posted:

Well in all fairness it's directed by more than one person, they're both asian and both not named John Woo or Ang Lee.

I don't know the director of Infernal Affairs, but I know I really liked Infernal Affairs, so the poster worked on me. I'll see this.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Pierson posted:

Oh my God.

Based on Scientific Facts is way better than Based on Real Events.

Knoddus
Oct 30, 2007
Born in a crossfire hurricane
Stumbled unto this:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Warner Bros.: "We are so... so sorry we didn't call it All You Need is Kill or Live Die Repeat. We're sorry."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hahaha. Yep.

edit: Warner Home Video did that and I have to say they're not nearly as atrocious as many home video departments.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

GonSmithe posted:

Warner Bros.: "We are so... so sorry we didn't call it All You Need is Kill or Live Die Repeat. We're sorry."

This is awesome.

The News at 5
Dec 25, 2009

I'm Chance Everyman.
New poster for Whiplash:

Reminds me a lot of this:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The News at 5 posted:

New poster for Whiplash:

This movie looks like it could be interesting but I just won't go see it unless I know what the critics think of it. Did it win any award show prizes? If only this poster could somehow convey that information, then I'd part with my money.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

mind the walrus posted:

This movie looks like it could be interesting but I just won't go see it unless I know what the critics think of it. Did it win any award show prizes? If only this poster could somehow convey that information, then I'd part with my money.

Well I haven't seen the movie, but I can tell you that "Miles te-lation", and that it's "Both inte-llenging and d.taining". I hope that helps.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

GonSmithe posted:

Hahahaha this is hilarious. All that's missing is an All You Need is Kill alt-version somewhere.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

GonSmithe posted:

It even says it before the title on the spine :allears:

Has a major movie studio ever retitled a film post-release?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GonSmithe posted:

:lol: I am so loving buying this.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The News at 5 posted:

New poster for Whiplash:

Is this a Metallica documentary?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

lelandjs posted:

Has a major movie studio ever retitled a film post-release?

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

GonSmithe posted:

Starring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt, and Joe Edgeoftomorrow

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I must have missed the loop where Cruise is an amputee, but good call on the title.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
IMDB is currently using a cropped version of this with just Stallone as its Expendables 3 poster image.

I had a hearty laugh.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Does Wes look so young because he's sober now or has he had work done or something? He looks nothing like his age. I keep thinking they're just taking good pictures, but it's becoming eerie.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I actually didn't even realize that was him until you posted. Holy poo poo.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I read the picture left to right, so I saw him before the other two and thought it was a very young Bill Cosby for some reason.

I'd probably prefer it if it was.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kind of like where we did this whole exploratory on Bullet to the Head and ended up being forced to use this atrocity, which he found online from a European fan and we had to find him and pay him!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

These fake movie posters that roll before the credits in 22 Jump Street are better than some of the official ones I've seen in this thread.

The full set is here, haven't found anything in better quality yet:

http://imgur.com/a/lXZGM

Bros before Hose :haw:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sirotan posted:

These are incredibly good.

I think Bros before Costeaus might be the best tagline ever.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I love the re-use of the same shots of them for 36 and 37.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sirotan posted:

These fake movie posters that roll before the credits in 22 Jump Street are better than some of the official ones I've seen in this thread.

The full set is here, haven't found anything in better quality yet:

http://imgur.com/a/lXZGM

This is great, the sheer volume of these really makes it for me. Personal fav is
Apparently Jonah Hill will not be in that one but don't worry Seth Rogen will play his character!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
25 Jump Street takes place at Sailing Quallege.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
My photobucket is acting up so I can't post the image but there is now a Dumb And Dumber 2 poster that spoofs Lucy.

http://twentytwowords.com/jim-carrey-spoofs-scarlett-johanssons-new-movie-to-promote-the-new-dumb-and-dumber/

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

MacheteZombie posted:

Apparently Jonah Hill will not be in that one but don't worry Seth Rogen will play his character!

Something they show between movie posters is Seth coming in because "talks" fell through with jonah or something. They try to play it off straight faced and act like nothing happened when he comes back for the next one.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

kiimo posted:

Kind of like where we did this whole exploratory on Bullet to the Head and ended up being forced to use this atrocity, which he found online from a European fan and we had to find him and pay him!

This sounds like a joke and I wish I lived in a world where it couldn't be real.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Slasherfan posted:

My photobucket is acting up so I can't post the image but there is now a Dumb And Dumber 2 poster that spoofs Lucy.

http://twentytwowords.com/jim-carrey-spoofs-scarlett-johanssons-new-movie-to-promote-the-new-dumb-and-dumber/

That's pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Please tell me it was filmed by a midget cameraman.