Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
Also on a similar train of thought..

Regarding the nomadic Air Nation.. Did they ever actually have claimed land? I'm assuming they had some land other then the actual temples since growing veggies at such high altitudes would be rather hard..

If they were meat eaters(I know they aren't) would it be a feasible idea for them to shepherd around herds of flying bison for flying AND eating? Or trading to other cultures for eating..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
The Ultimatum just leaked. Nick c'mon man.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

havenwaters posted:

The release is only 3 hours away, so who cares?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

havenwaters posted:

How does this even happen? Someone uploads the episode onto a unsecured server and people grab it right up?

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
I definitely didn't notice any leak, before I watched it on Amazon this morning. (While getting ready for work. Stupid kids' show has me addicted. :smith:)

"As long as I'm breathing, it's not over." Might want to watch who you're saying that to, Tenzin. :stare:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Man, this is some poo poo.

It's a testament to how much stronger the writing is this season that I care far more about the fate of the fledgling Air Nation than I did about the fate of the entire world at the end of last season.

I love that Tenzin finally got a chance to kick rear end. They made it clear that Zaheer alone is no match for him and can barely even hold his own. Again, we see good tactics on the part of the Red Lotus; Zaheer quickly separated Tenzin from his siblings to make it easier for his cohorts to pick them off. And it was smart of them to keep Combustion Woman on the airship. Tenzin alone might have been enough to fight off the entire group if it wasn't for her power being so completely broken.

The finale is next week, right? Both parts at once?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So when does the episode go up? I honestly have no clue.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
And where is it available to watch? Just nick's site?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

cmykjester posted:

So when does the episode go up? I honestly have no clue.

It should be in an hour and a half.

Kingtheninja posted:

And where is it available to watch? Just nick's site?

Yes.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
It's already up on Amazon Prime, so I hear.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
It's up on Amazon.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Man that fight between Zaheer and Tenzin was fun to watch, until the reversal.

TAKE KAI INSTEAD, YOU BASTARDS. :negative:

Rambowjo
May 27, 2008

:cop: let it go dude, hail satan
What a loving episode.

This show is getting so intense. Can't wait for the finale.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Is next week going to be an hour?

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Is it just me or did they change the voice actor for Iroh? He sounds like a stereotypical mexican. :smugjones:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Episode is available legally now on Nick.com

Also no way is Tenzin dead. They would have hit him a lot harder in that last shot instead of just smacking him.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Ravane posted:

Is it just me or did they change the voice actor for Iroh? He sounds like a stereotypical mexican. :smugjones:

Ummmm... the voice actor for Iroh kind of died. Greg Baldwin has been doing it since ATLA Book 3, and he's still listed in the credits. Maybe his accent just got worse.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Spergatory posted:

Ummmm... the voice actor for Iroh kind of died. Greg Baldwin has been doing it since ATLA Book 3, and he's still listed in the credits. Maybe his accent just got worse.

Wait really? Aw drat, I'm sad now.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Holy poo poo, this episode. :stare:

That was easily the best fight Tenzin has been in this series, bar none. They did an incredible job with the action conveying that even though he lost the fight Tenzin was the better airbender, and that even beat up and outnumbered three to one he was a credible threat without the artillery support of combustion bending. Though it makes me even madder that he was jobbing to equalist mooks in season one, since this fight shows just how skilled he is.

Also speaking of that fight, holy poo poo Ming Wa's Cthulhu arms. :stonk:

I have a feeling the finale will take place in the Fire Nation, since that's where Zuko dropped the plot point like a loving bomb. Also I am ready for Korra to be loving pissed when she sees the state of the air temple.

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

Sydin posted:

That was easily the best fight Tenzin has been in this series, bar none. They did an incredible job with the action conveying that even though he lost the fight Tenzin was the better airbender, and that even beat up and outnumbered three to one he was a credible threat without the artillery support of combustion bending.

I was really, really happy about this. I was hoping that they would show that Zaheer's airbending, while powerful and aggressive, is poo poo compared to an actual airbending master. The airbending style is the way it is for a reason, and Tenzin showed that off in spades. No way he is dead, but he's probably going to be an absolute mess when they take him to the fire nation/end up seeing Korra next.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
I liked how Zaheer stopped being hot poo poo once he had to go 1 on 1 with Tenzin. Tenzin is probably the only person in the world with serious vs Airbender training, due to Aang teaching and presumably sparring with him. Zaheer has a huge advantage against everyone else in the world because he's inherently a very talented fighter and no one knows how to fight airbenders particularly well, but put him up against an actual master and he gets dominated and spends most of the fight on the back foot.

Sad that Kya got chumped but she's obviously just not in the same league of power as Meng Hua. Also really great episode, as people have said.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Oh god, a finale in the new Fire Nation. :dance:

They actually had me going thinking they had killed off Kai. But I guess I should have known better, since all it looks like he did was briefly stun P'Li with a small gust of wind. Most heroic sacrifices on these kind of shows are worth more than that.

The fights were a lot of fun. God drat, that icicle helicopter blade thing Ming Hua was doing. Hard to tell who got a worse match-up between Kya and Bumi.

Another thing...Bolin seemed oddly easygoing at the beginning of the ep, considering how dire the warning they had been given by Zaheer was.

Wildeyes fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Aug 15, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
"Wait... you spoke with my uncle?"

"Yes. In the Spirit World. A couple of times, actually."

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Two Tone Shoes posted:

I liked how Zaheer stopped being hot poo poo once he had to go 1 on 1 with Tenzin. Tenzin is probably the only person in the world with serious vs Airbender training, due to Aang teaching and presumably sparring with him. Zaheer has a huge advantage against everyone else in the world because he's inherently a very talented fighter and no one knows how to fight airbenders particularly well, but put him up against an actual master and he gets dominated and spends most of the fight on the back foot.
Yeah, seeing [spoiler]Zaheer running for his life across the ledges and rooftops with Tenzin all over him was great

In one of the DVD extras from the original series they talk about how Aang, both because he's a child and by character, spends a lot of time dodging and evading, and that fighting a master airbender would be like fighting a wheat thresher.

well we finally got that, and it owned.

quote:

Sad that Kya got chumped but she's obviously just not in the same league of power as Meng Hua. Also really great episode, as people have said.[/spoiler]

eh, she was beating her pretty solidly there until Ming took all the water and Kya didn't have any left

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

Wildeyes posted:

Oh god, a finale in the new Fire Nation. :dance:
Don't let Zaheer hold your breath, we've been teased before with going to the Fire Nation...

Miss Nomer fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 15, 2014

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Grandma was funny as poo poo.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

My favorite part of the episode was Zuko learning Iroh's still around. That face he made was perfect. Really hope that's followed up on either at the end of this season or sometime next season.

As has been said already, I really loved the fight between Zaheer and Tenzin. Especially with how it showed their difference in skill, like Zaheer using short wind-boosted jumps and Tenzin just flying up in a tornado of air.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Miss Nomer posted:

Don't let Zaheer hold your breath, we've been teased before with going to the Fire Nation...
Spoilers for the finale: Zaheer gets eaten by a spirit-whale and wakes up on a beach with amnesia. :v:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Genocyber posted:

My favorite part of the episode was Zuko learning Iroh's still around. That face he made was perfect. Really hope that's followed up on either at the end of this season or sometime next season.

I actually wished Iroh had stuck around a bit longer. He was the grand master of the White Lotus in the last series, and it would have been an interesting moment for Korra to reveal the White/Red Lotus split, and that members originally of his old order were the main villains. Iroh's reaction would have been an interesting character moment.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.

Genocyber posted:

As has been said already, I really loved the fight between Zaheer and Tenzin. Especially with how it showed their difference in skill, like Zaheer using short wind-boosted jumps and Tenzin just flying up in a tornado of air.

Both highlights of the episode for me.

I wasn't an initial fan of the whole "we're anarchists!" plotline, but it's so tied into Chinese history (and current Middle Eastern history, unintentionally) that it's interesting to see it play out in Ba Sing Se more or less like it plays out in real life: it sucks.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Sydin posted:

That was easily the best fight Tenzin has been in this series, bar none. They did an incredible job with the action conveying that even though he lost the fight Tenzin was the better airbender, and that even beat up and outnumbered three to one he was a credible threat without the artillery support of combustion bending. Though it makes me even madder that he was jobbing to equalist mooks in season one, since this fight shows just how skilled he is.

Also speaking of that fight, holy poo poo Ming Wa's Cthulhu arms. :stonk:

I have a feeling the finale will take place in the Fire Nation, since that's where Zuko dropped the plot point like a loving bomb. Also I am ready for Korra to be loving pissed when she sees the state of the air temple.

Tenzin's Fight is exactly how I pictured Monk Gyatso fighting the Comet Powered Fire Benders back in ATLA

i hate meatloaf
May 23, 2010
drat, this show is getting brutal! I was seriously worried Kya or Bumi were going to die right in the middle of those fights. And Jesus, that ending with Tenzin up against the wall. :stonk: We'll have to see next episode if they beat him to death. I'd assume not since keeping him alive as a hostage would be a better decision, but dude's going to be hosed up. I love just how effective these villains work as a team. Individually they're impressive, but together they are absolutely insane.

Shout out to Bumi leaping on Ghazan and biting him. He's a ridiculous manchild, but the dude's effective in his own way. I love that he's not above dirty fighting when he's outmached.

I don't know if they'll be moving to the Fire Nation for the finale. The RL is in an isolated location with a whole host of hostages they just beat down; seems like a good advantage. However, they may not want to stay in one place since the world could gather forces to go against them. Maybe the big showdown between Korra and the 4 will be in the NAT while the leader of the Red Lotus makes his move on the Firelord setting up book 4's conflict?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

i hate meatloaf posted:

drat, this show is getting brutal! I was seriously worried Kya or Bumi were going to die right in the middle of those fights. And Jesus, that ending with Tenzin up against the wall. :stonk: We'll have to see next episode if they beat him to death. I'd assume not since keeping him alive as a hostage would be a better decision, but dude's going to be hosed up.

One thing I really loved about the animation this episode was just how damaged they managed to make people look within the confines of Nick's censorship. That shot of Tenzin up against the wall with his robes torn, bruised/dirty face, black eye, holding his arm, and struggling to support his own weight, brought a great visceral feeling to the whole fight. He looked like a guy who just took an explosion and fell two stories, and was then pelted by rocks and ice shards. It drove home the brutality of it all and it just captured me in the moment so much more.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Still hanging on to my theory I posted earlier in the thread.

Tenzin is gonna eat it, they have been setting it up the entire season.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
No way Tenzin's dead, with how liberally they were spouting the words "die" and "kill" this episode, even ignoring the fact that he's the last bargaining chip they have to get Korra.

Good episode, Bumi remains a loving joke though. I get that it's a kids show and he can't do anything lethal, but isn't he a close quarters fighter and an airbender besides? It was hilarious how he stuck around with his siblings to fight as if he was going to have meaningful impact.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Man, that episode was loving awesome!

Yip yip!

Snodgrass Supreme
Nov 6, 2012
Tenzin finally did something cool goddamn

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I'm all for giving Zuko more screen time but Korra, you dumbass, guess who else knows Aang pretty well? His wife.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

seravid posted:

I'm all for giving Zuko more screen time but Korra, you dumbass, guess who else knows Aang pretty well? His wife.
Half a world away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

seravid posted:

One person is a few yards away, another is on another hemisphere.

• Locked thread