Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

:siren:Oath complete!:siren:

And for this month's Jurnal, pretty much everything grey is my attempt at NMM. No metallics used at all.

Parts List
VMC
Khaki

VGC
Cold Grey
Stonewall Grey
Dead White
Black
Goblin Green
Electric Blue
Magic Blue

P3
Khador Red
Khador Red Highlight
Menoth White Base
Bloodstone

Secret Weapon Washes
Heavy Body Black
Armor Wash

Army Painter Quickshade
Red Tone
Dark Tone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
I, Dirt Worshipper, oath these 4 American riflemen from the Perry AWI Continental set

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I, Raphus C, oath 1 Painboy, 1 Grot and 2 Boyz, all GW 28mm:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

muskets posted:

OATH PICTURE RETAKE

Hopefully this one's OK, Krushgroove - and sorry about the delay, I've been busy!
Yes! Thanks for understanding :)

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oath completed
Overall, I think I got something of a NMM effect near the tip and in the lighter regions, but the darker regions need to be better defined? Might help if I had a darker grey on hand rather than trying to mix in black. Claiming jurnal if okay.
You can claim the Journal/Jurnal on any attempt of any of any of the Journal/Jurnals, so you're all good!

Ledgem posted:

Oathing: 6 Soda Pop Miniatures SDE models (5 heroes and roxor) as well as privateer press' Severius and two daughters of flame

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick, do oath the following for August 2014:

21 British Paratroopers by Warlord Games in 28mm.

jodai posted:

I, jodai, Oath these models: Baldur, woldwarden and woldwyrd(Privateer Press, 28mm), Viktoria of Blood, Viktoria of Ashes, Hans, Bishop and Convict Gunslinger(Wyrd Miniatures, 32mm).
I hope this is okay, I took these pictures on Sunday and thought I posted them but I just realized I hadn't.
You're good, any date during this month is fine!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WiteOutMouse Oath 14 Seekers of Slaanesh and one Herald of Slaanesh on a Seeker Mount(conversion of Seeker Kit) 28mm. Games Workshop, 'bike'bases. Themed Group.

Dirt Worshipper posted:

I, Dirt Worshipper, oath these 4 American riflemen from the Perry AWI Continental set

Raphus C posted:

I, Raphus C, oath 1 Painboy, 1 Grot and 2 Boyz, all GW 28mm:
Oaths ACCEPTED!

So I'll be getting home from Spain late tomorrow night, and I'll try to gather the photos for the Oath Completed album and post the link tomorrow. I'd wanted to do that before I left last Wednesday but was just way too busy being away for 2 long weekends in a row. Last month I got the Judges the photo album super early and it's kind of fallen apart this month, but we'll get back on track soon enough! At least it's not the 20th yet :P many of the completed Oaths this month are looking fan-TAST-ic! I don't want to say any names to keep any suggestions of favoritism out of minds of our wonderful participants, but there's already some really 'wow' entries this month! Fantastic job, guys and gals!

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

I, Laika the Space Dog, do hereby oath: One Reaper Angel of Peace.

She's mounted on a plastic skull that I had lying around, and some rocks from my garden. I am NOT oathing my dumb ol' hand...

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You say that but I can see you've begun priming it.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Hmmmm... I could give myself a non-metallic metal hand.

But then I'd probably just wish I had a metallic metal hand.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of August 4 GW Vampire Counts Dire Wolves, One Necromancer (no idea what company) and one GW High Elf Bolt Thrower crewman

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Additional oath! Rorsch, Brine, Sturm and Drang (one model), Dr. Arkadius, and Targ.
These are Privateer Press.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
OATH COMPLETE Jurnal attempts for this month are the green blade bits on the champion and gray metal of the flamethrower for this month

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this Space Marine Rhino for Warhammer 40k.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Well, sure glad I got my oath done this month! Looks like life will be taking me out of Oathing for at least a little while as I move half-way around the world for work. Probably won't have a September or October oath, but I'll see if I can get back in for November or December, though it'll probably be pretty limited.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

:v:

Oath Complete!

I added an extra storm bolter on the front right tread cover. No jurnal this month, and I should probably be a little more patient about waiting to paint :v:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

I, Esser-Z, in this month of August, Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Fourteen, do solemnly oath this one (1) Space Marine Terminator. (GW, 28mm Heroic Scale)

(I will likely be adding to my oath, but I am not certain)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:vomarine: August oath completed! :vomarine:

Claiming:
Monthly theme: NMM Gun and Sword.
Infinity Model

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 19, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

I, Laika the Space Dog, do hereby oath: One Reaper Angel of Peace.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of August 4 GW Vampire Counts Dire Wolves, One Necromancer (no idea what company) and one GW High Elf Bolt Thrower crewman

Red Shoe posted:

Additional oath! Rorsch, Brine, Sturm and Drang (one model), Dr. Arkadius, and Targ.
These are Privateer Press.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Esser-Z posted:

I, Esser-Z, in this month of August, Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Fourteen, do solemnly oath this one (1) Space Marine Terminator. (GW, 28mm Heroic Scale)

Oaths Accepted!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: OK real quick: the photo album for July is here: https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6049371300922903969?authkey=CJSRqMnN0IWq6gE If you can all check that your JULY oaths are in there, I'll add any pictures that might be missing, and send the link to the judges in a day or so.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
I, Daedleh, Oath some Dreadball stuff for the month of August - 9 balls (front on the sprue), 5 Marauder Jacks (middle), 1 Refbot (middle-right), 5 Marauder Guards (back), 1 Marauder Keeper (back-left). Models are 28mm Mantic.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:

I have to ask, can I claim these as two separate Themed Groups or do I have to choose just one? If I have to choose one, I'd like to nominate the command squad and Commissar for Themed Group.
The Cultists:

Command squad:

My attempt at the Jurnal is the power axe on the Commissar:

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

:siren:I, Dagon, oath this Chainmail "Wood Elf Ranger"

Getting a late start this month, so just oathing the one mini.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Daedleh posted:

I, Daedleh, Oath some Dreadball stuff for the month of August - 9 balls (front on the sprue), 5 Marauder Jacks (middle), 1 Refbot (middle-right), 5 Marauder Guards (back), 1 Marauder Keeper (back-left). Models are 28mm Mantic.

Dagon posted:

:siren:I, Dagon, oath this Chainmail "Wood Elf Ranger"

Oaths Accepted!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

When's the cut off? Midnight Sunday in weird pacific island time?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
YOU JUST MISSED IT!! poo poo!

No, it's around 12 noon Sunday if you're in the UK

e: That should read 'if you're in the UK, 12 noon Sunday is your cut-off time for oathing'

ee: forgot the 'e:'

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis

Dirt Worshipper posted:

:smugdog:OATH COMPLETE!

(my first oath :woop:)

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Brock Samsonite here! Oathing this Dwarf Lord fellow from Avatars of War.

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android oath one antipode (Corvus Belli, 28mm)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Time for :siren: July Prizes :siren:!

July Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set 1d59: 17
http://orokos.com/roll/215867
This would go to Mt. ORourke, but he's already won this prize earlier in the year. Rerolling....

July Oath Thread, Springer-Pinsel Set, attempt #2 1d59: 45
http://orokos.com/roll/215869
This goes to Signal!

July Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d59: 21
http://orokos.com/roll/215872
This goes to moths!

July Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d59: 22
http://orokos.com/roll/215873
July Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d59: 22
http://orokos.com/roll/215875
Well...uh...drat.

The winner here is Raphus C! However, past Oath thread rules have a person only eligible for one monthly prize in a given month, to spread the love out a little bit. So please let me know which of the two of these prizes you'd prefer!

July Oath Thread, Troll Trader or Dragon Forge alternate 1d59: 24
http://orokos.com/roll/216009
YF19pilot will get whichever of the two prizes that Raphus C doesn't pick!

July Oath Thread, Grab Bag Prize 1d59: 50
http://orokos.com/roll/215878
This goes to koreban!
Note: Please let us know which rough area you're located in (North/South America, Europe, or Neither), and we can hook you up with the correct set of Grab Bag pictures to choose from.

Prize draws for the Quarterly Prizes are coming soon. But until then...

Congrats to all winners!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Yay! Brushes!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Hey rad! :toot: I don't see them in the sponsor list, who do I contact?

And due to some lovely planning on my part this was my last day to finish painting. Did I give up?

:siren: HELL NO! OATH COMPLETE!:siren: BLITZ THRU FINISH EVERYTHING!

This is the JURNAL NMM entry, I wanted to give him a dark metallic graphite look. And then there's more NMM on the bolter and gold areas! No metallics here!

Too bad it's not Movember, I gave about 1/3 of these Romanians 15mm moustaches.

Made a lot of mistakes, but I also learned a lot.

This was about an hour speed-paint! Thankfully I did the Romanians first.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Hurrying to meet the deadline, I, Schmetterling, oath this Privateer Press Hordes Circle Orboros lady and this Reaper Bones Dragonslayer.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Iris of Ether posted:

July Oath Thread, Troll Trader 1d59: 22
http://orokos.com/roll/215873
July Oath Thread, Dragon Forge 1d59: 22
http://orokos.com/roll/215875
Well...uh...drat.

The winner here is Raphus C! However, past Oath thread rules have a person only eligible for one monthly prize in a given month, to spread the love out a little bit. So please let me know which of the two of these prizes you'd prefer!

Cool. Could I grab the Troll Trader prize.

If you're UK based I would recommend the Troll Trader. I have bought from the ebay store a number of times and have never had a problem.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Raphus C posted:

If you're UK based I would recommend the Troll Trader. I have bought from the ebay store a number of times and have never had a problem.

Seconding this, never had anything but positive experiences with them

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Android posted:

I, Android oath one antipode (Corvus Belli, 28mm)

Brock Samsonite posted:

Brock Samsonite here! Oathing this Dwarf Lord fellow from Avatars of War.

Schmetterling posted:

Hurrying to meet the deadline, I, Schmetterling, oath this Privateer Press Hordes Circle Orboros lady and this Reaper Bones Dragonslayer.

Oaths Accepted!

:siren: you have less than 24 hours to get your Oaths in!

moths posted:

Hey rad! :toot: I don't see them in the sponsor list, who do I contact?

Contact goon Dagon for your loot, or drop me your email address at krushgroove169 at gmail!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Aug 23, 2014

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Sadly given that tomorrow morning is basically my only painting time and I'll have other things to do, I think I'm going to have to skip this month D:

But I did get married!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thespaceinvader posted:

Sadly given that tomorrow morning is basically my only painting time and I'll have other things to do, I think I'm going to have to skip this month D:

But I did get married!

Strip and paint the figures from the top of the cake

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 23, 2014

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Lol, we didn't have any, the whole cake was a big model tall ship!

(I did think about making cake toppers myself, but I'm part of a tough couple to model given my wife is a wheelchair user, and they wouldn't really have fit the cake).

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, Oath one Skaven Grey Seer, one tunneling marker, and one, uh.. objective marker or something.[GW, 28mm]

No bonus points, just something quick I can knock out in a couple days since I got to the oath pretty late this month!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, Oath one Skaven Grey Seer, one tunneling marker, and one, uh.. objective marker or something.[GW, 28mm]

Accepted!

:siren: less than 3 hour to get your Oaths in!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Bit of a mad month, between half marathon training and buying a new house.. so this is a last minute 'oh shi' oath, hopefully I can pull off some NMM with this little chap. Literally picked him out of my forgotten projects/bits box pile, he's about the only thing I have knocking around that doesn't need stripping and sorting out and that I fancy actually painting. So a minimal effort month :(

I enri, do hereby oath..

1 x Dwarf Longbeard, scale is 28mm and manufacturer is, strictly speaking, Marauder Miniatures (but sold as citadel)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do hereby oath the Seadrake and its dragon from GW's Dreadfleet and Horni from Urban Mammoth (28mm) for the month of August.

Hopefully, I'll have time for more stuff later.

Oath addition

1 objective marker for warmachine from tectonic craft studios and the curse of zandri from GW's dreadfleet

• Locked thread