Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Since I wasn't in on I, have nothing remotely likely any of this already, and had the cash at the time I decided to be a little silly

Core set
Expansion 1
Expansion 2
Narthrax
Lords of Darkness
Mouslings
Kraken
Oh rats
Heros and Villains
Gelatinous Cube
Greater Demons
Water Elementals
Hill Giants
Demon Lords
Blightfang
Cinder
MSP 1
MSP 2
Verocithrax
Numenera
Mashaaf
Khanjira
Dragons don't share
Thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

I.. uh... got one of every miniature. Again.

I may have problems.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kerzoro posted:

I.. uh... got one of every miniature. Again.

I may have problems.

quote:

Here's the stuff you ordered:
2013 Core Set x10
Dungeon Decor x4
Dragon Hatchlings x2
Under the Sea x2
Bag O' Bases Small x1
Bag O' Bases Medium x1
Bag O' Bases Large x1
Narthrax Dragon x1
Lords of Darkness x2
Mouslings x6
Unleash the Kraken! x10
Oh, Rats! x5
Heroes and Villains x2
Gelatinous Cube x1
Water Elementals x2
Hill Giants x2
Numenera Monsters x2
Mashaaf, Great Old One x10
Khanjira, the World Breaker x10
Dragons Don't Share x6
Cadirith x2
Expansion Set 1 x5
Expansion Set 2 x5

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Are you going to parts out the expansion sets, or am I getting that Demon Minotaur somewhere else?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
In co-operation with Krushgroove, I'm getting Greater Demons, Mashaaf, Dragons Don't Share, Kraken and Beast Mode.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

moths posted:

Are you going to parts out the expansion sets, or am I getting that Demon Minotaur somewhere else?

Not sure yet, gonna see what they're all like once in-hand.

Definitely keeping a couple Demon Minotaurs for myself though, that's for sure.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
I missed the first KS, but couldn't afford to get quite as much as I wanted, not with needing to pay shipping to Canada. Still, picked up this:

quote:

2013 Core Set ($100) x1
Mouslings ($10) x1
Gelatinous Cube ($10) x1
Dragons Don't Share ($35) x1
Shipping 41.63

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

After the first KS ended up just collecting dust on my shelves as my RPG group scattered to the winds, I'm just picking and choosing at retail, unless someone in here wants to give me a really good deal on a core set.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
I didn't even buy into Bones 1 and still have a drawer full of unpainted Bones from their Christmas special.

I'm picking away at them a few per month...

So I have no idea what to do when Bones2 shows up at my door next month.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I haven't been paying a lot of attention, but are they on track to deliver Bones II on time?

I'm not supposed to get mine until November, so there's a slim chance that I'll get my current set painted...

No not really.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
No word one way or the other, but Bryan hasn't developed any new and interesting ulcers, so I think they're on time still.

They basically looked at how many delays there were the first time, assumed they would have the same problems, and then a bunch more when figuring out their timeline. So unless something catastrophic has happened, I'm anticipating the first wave going out in September at some point.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Don't you buy with the intention to resale most of that tho?

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I am so angry I'm just now finding out about all this. Is there gonna be a 3rd one? :(

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I would say undoubtedly, eventually. They've got a pretty drat good catalog of bones minis now, so any future kickstarter will have to have a lot more new stuff in it if they're not going to be scraping the bottom of the popularity barrel for conversions. But with how well their kickstarters have gone, I can't imagine them deciding two was enough.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
They're gearing up for a Mechwarrior Bones Kickstarter.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Well there you go, then.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Mechwarrior or CAV?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MasterSlowPoke posted:

They're gearing up for a Mechwarrior Bones Kickstarter.

This has to be a joke, right? Reaper doesn't have a license for MW, unless there's been some huge big news I missed somewhere.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's definitely CAV, not mechwarrior

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kerzoro posted:

Don't you buy with the intention to resale most of that tho?
Yeah, but I also keep one of each(or two or three in the case of certain items, such as the Dungeon Critters or Mouslings) of most of it too.

Super Waffle posted:

I am so angry I'm just now finding out about all this. Is there gonna be a 3rd one? :(
If you are still interested in some of the first run's stuff, I've got most of it still and at pretty affordable prices, some that I found weren't as popular I'm selling at cost too.

Thinking of going for like 220-230 for the first Vampire Pledge plus shipping, I've still got three of those left. I need to remake my thread in SA-Mart.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Is it possible to get a Kaladrax base separately? It doesn't show in the store as a separate part.

e:vvv They'll have to bundle it with a rulebook or something - and then there's going to be A LOT of bendy gun barrels and wobbly robot legs. I don't have high hopes for this.

moths fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Aug 13, 2014

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Its too bad CAV is a terrible game :( If it was 10mm I would buy to use in other games though... but it wont be.

If they do a full CAV Kickstarter, I think its going to flop pretty hard.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Yeah, it's a range of CAV models. Sorry, I don't know a Madcat from a Timberwolf.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

LumberingTroll posted:

Its too bad CAV is a terrible game :( If it was 10mm I would buy to use in other games though... but it wont be.

If they do a full CAV Kickstarter, I think its going to flop pretty hard.

Yep, they're going to do a full CAV kickstarter. They just said it a day or two ago in the comments section of the Bones2 Kickstarter page.

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

moths posted:

Is it possible to get a Kaladrax base separately? It doesn't show in the store as a separate part.

e:vvv They'll have to bundle it with a rulebook or something - and then there's going to be A LOT of bendy gun barrels and wobbly robot legs. I don't have high hopes for this.

What do you want the base for? Its awful. Big old lump of crap.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Reaper has an area at Gencon and I got to see Dragons Dont Share up close. Holy crap, it's nice! Glad I ordered one.

Paolomania
Apr 26, 2006

I haven't been totally happy with some of the bones bases, so I tried a quick fix on my skellies: CA-glue the base directly onto a 1" plastic chit, then fill in with a sand/PVA-glue paste. Seems acceptable so far. I'll report back when I have them painted.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Paolomania posted:

I haven't been totally happy with some of the bones bases, so I tried a quick fix on my skellies: CA-glue the base directly onto a 1" plastic chit, then fill in with a sand/PVA-glue paste. Seems acceptable so far. I'll report back when I have them painted.

Nice. I've taken to cutting many of them off their bases, and reattaching them to different bases, but I ended up having to use pins on some of them to get them to stay. That was sort of my poor choice of destination base, though.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
I got a Warhammer Treeman and have a bunch of bits left over including a head, limb bits, and decorative branches. I'm now looking for a cheap Treeman kit from any model line to use as a base for these bits, so it fits into the Warhammer aesthetic and matches my existing Treeman.

The Reaper Sildoran Protector looks to have a decent sculpt to use as the base, but I can't anywhere find out how large it is. I'm looking for a model 4-6" tall. Does the Sildoran fall into this range? If not, is there another Treeman model I might be able to use (whether Reaper or another line)?

Thanks! Here's a picture of my existing tree models for some visuals. I'm looking for something that, after sprucing up with appropriate bits, would fit in with these guys.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
It looks like he has a 2x2" base, or close to that. So estimate based off of that, I guess?

Compare to one of my old dudes. If I recall correctly, he's solidly about 3" tall, and I'm pretty sure he's using the same base.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Iris of Ether posted:

Nice. I've taken to cutting many of them off their bases, and reattaching them to different bases, but I ended up having to use pins on some of them to get them to stay. That was sort of my poor choice of destination base, though.

I've wound up rebasing most of my single-figure Bones, and the pins offer a lot more stability, not to mention a chance to fix flimsy-rear end ankles.

I won't bother rebasing hordey stuff, though.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Iris of Ether posted:

It looks like he has a 2x2" base, or close to that. So estimate based off of that, I guess?

Compare to one of my old dudes. If I recall correctly, he's solidly about 3" tall, and I'm pretty sure he's using the same base.

Thanks, that helps - I had no idea of the base size. If anyone has the figure and can give more detail that's great, but otherwise I'll work off this. Much appreciated.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Reaper KS Update posted:

At this point, it has become clear that we are not going to be able to hit our originally estimated ship month of September for Wave One.

:toot:

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette

Ah it can't be that bad of a delay, that gives me another week or two to finish my-

We are currently optimistic for a late October/early November Wave One ship date

Ah, crap.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
So I bought a vampire edition kickstarter box off of Amazon and it came today. Your folks talking about the lovely weapons weren't kidding.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

It's not like I'm running short of stuff to catch up painting, but the inclusion of "Don't worry Wave One! You'll still get yours before those assholes!" was a little downer as I silently added a few months to the delay.

I understand people care A LOT about when other people get their toys, but come on guys. Use the extra time to assemble all the bundles minus the stuff you're doing over. Mail waves one and two at the same time. Maybe get three in there too.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

moths posted:

It's not like I'm running short of stuff to catch up painting, but the inclusion of "Don't worry Wave One! You'll still get yours before those assholes!" was a little downer as I silently added a few months to the delay.

I understand people care A LOT about when other people get their toys, but come on guys. Use the extra time to assemble all the bundles minus the stuff you're doing over. Mail waves one and two at the same time. Maybe get three in there too.

Even if they put what they can in the bundles ahead of time, they'd probably want to finish wave one up before wave two, even if the difference was only five minutes or something. And why not? That's sort of what they said they'd do. It's not like they're going to be dragging their heels between waves one and two no matter when they ship wave one, and we shouldn't want or expect them to go back on their promise to send the waves out in order.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Aww, I was looking forward to getting to some of the figures from this, but I guess it gives me time to actually make a dent in my existing Bones, Stonehaven Gnomes, and Stonehaven Elves? :confuoot:

(It's probably better for my health, really.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I don't mind if it means putting Wave 1 closer to the back of the truck so they're unloaded first - I just got the vibe that they're going to sit on Wave 2 unitil Wave 1 is satisfied that they weren't the only ones delayed. Which needlessly pushes everybody else back too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
You mean, like, what if they have all the models for a particular Wave 2 order ready to go out, but they hold them back because they want to send all of Wave 2 out together, after they send all of Wave 1 out together? Yeah, that would suck, but I don't begrudge them trying to keep things in order, and not wanting to deal with Wave 1 customers who are (rightfully) upset that they're being 'punished' relative to other customers for deciding to order the particular models whose tooling got mangled by the factory.

• Locked thread