Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodeYourself
Jan 19, 2006
Wrestling With Marks-ism - Episode 11 "Piper Will Knife You"

Sometime it is fun to hear the misconceptions of someone who does not regularly watch wrestling. On this week's episode, my scientist cousin, SwissActionHero, gets drunk and drops in talk with Zarikov and I about Raw, SummerSlam, why he cancelled the WWE Network, cord cutting, and (probably) much more!

RSS Feed
Show Twitter (Questions welcome)
ExplodeYourself
Zarikov
Demons, brother

ExplodeYourself fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Cactus Jack posted:

Karl Stern has cancer. :(

Colon cancer. Malignant tumor. Sounds pretty big.

my national treasure :smith:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
At first I thought you were talking about Steve Simms, and I was thinking he never sounded too healthy so I'm not surprised.

But no, not Karl :ohdear:

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I hope the second part of Foley on Stone Cold's show has at least 20 minutes of stories about how cheap they were when they traveled together.

I love the fact that Austin was the top guy in the business and getting money delivered by a forklift and he still drove the biggest piece of poo poo on the rental lot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

after having to fast forward through 20+ minutes of JR blathering, I unsubbed him from my feeder. Shut up, old man.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Cactus Jack posted:

Karl Stern has cancer. :(

Colon cancer. Malignant tumor. Sounds pretty big.

oh god, that's really awful. :( I wish him all the best

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

That Austin/Foley podcast was every bit as good as I thought it could be. I could listen to as much of that as they want to record.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Dunbar posted:

That Austin/Foley podcast was every bit as good as I thought it could be. I could listen to as much of that as they want to record.

Starts with a story of renting a boat.

Folks, let me tell you you want to hear Steve Austin tell you about the time he hired a boat.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I just want to say that the Dick in A Box song on the Bryan and Craig show yesterday was hilarious

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

LordPants posted:

Folks, let me tell you you want to hear Steve Austin tell you about the time he hired a boat.

You just rented a jetski to the Texas Rattlesnake.

Kiss that baby goodbye.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

LordPants posted:

You know a story if going to be good when he says "I knew it had to be in Knoxville because they were the only fans that gave a crap, and if they could give a crap about the poo poo WCW was putting on..."

Also where the guy dropped the strap by giving it to a kid in a wheelchair to hold as he went to the locker room so they'd literally have to steal the physical belt from a disabled child.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I never liked White Lightning Tim Horner just on having seen him on the show. I was always like "....okay?" And how it makes sense why he got the push he got.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dunbar posted:

It's really good, they just seem to be having a great time catching up and shooting the poo poo, which are the best Austin interviews.

Also Foley's reveal that he was only hired because JR needled Vince so much about him that he finally snapped and agreed, and that's the entire reason the Mankind gimmick was invented, because he wanted a mask to hide Foley's face.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

LordPants posted:

Austin can tell a story about absolutely nothing, have it go on for 10 minutes, and it'll be the most compelling thing you'll hear all day.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

birdlaw posted:

Austin can tell a story about absolutely nothing, have it go on for 10 minutes, and it'll be the most compelling thing you'll hear all day.
As with the episode where he was so bothered by a fly in his hotel room, that he looked up the wikipedia entry on them and sounded fascinated by what he found.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer burying TNA from various angles was great this morning.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

I Before E posted:

You just rented a jetski to the Texas Rattlesnake.

I want to listen to Talk n Shop talk about jet skis now.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bray Wyatt calls into Jericho's latest podcast around the 8min 30secs mark. Cringey beyond words.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Oh man Bryan, Granny, and Dave show. I know they probably don't intersect but the prospect excited me.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

rovert posted:

Bray Wyatt calls into Jericho's latest podcast around the 8min 30secs mark. Cringey beyond words.

Oh god does he call in in-character? Because that's got to be awful.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

rovert posted:

Is it Jericho pretending to be Wyatt?

OppositeAstronomer
May 26, 2008

yoink!
I was disappointed that Bray didn't play the DER sound effect before hanging up

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Its not bad except serious Jericho voice is pretty awful. Bray is pretty creepy when it's just his voice with telephone quality.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm imagining Jericho trying to get over the fact that a goat's mask just magically appeared and really was creepy guys.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

(15 second silence as Bray puts his phone down and crabwalks around in front of his sofa)

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
Using your podcast to continue your loving angle. That's gotta be a first.

Also, Jericho doesn't know how to pronounce "audacity".

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Discount Trombones posted:

Also, Jericho doesn't know how to pronounce "audacity".

isn't that his gimmick?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

he also doesn't know how to pronounce "again" wtf

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He tried to say "ever" but I think he had a stroke and got stuck halfway help

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

page or pah shey as he likes to say.

That's another podcast I unsubbed from because he's about as obnoxious as IWC wrestling review shows.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is froot a word he made up and tried to get over or what because I've never heard it until Jericho awkwardly started using it

I mean outside of Froot Loops obviously

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Is froot a word he made up and tried to get over or what because I've never heard it until Jericho awkwardly started using it

It's a stupid word him and his old crew used instead of cool for some reason. It's in his second book, it does kinda fit that he's still using it as letting go of the past isn't Jericho's strong suit.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Mark Henry and Hulkster are on the Cheap Heat that just posted.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Cardboard Box posted:

he also doesn't know how to pronounce "again" wtf

That's just how we Canadians pronounce it and I would thank you to not pronunciation shame.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

birdlaw posted:

This is why I love his podcast so much. I never thought a story about "We rented a boat" could be one of the most entertaining things I've heard recently. Or the rats on his ranch doing PEDs.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Pisscast is great this week. I especially loved never hearing Manflurry. :v:

Just kidding. Love you Manflurry. <3

When I edit down the three goddamn hours of bullshit that is Derailer it will go up. Still trying to figure out how to fix "Skunk gets drunk and does wrestler theme karaoke badly."

Honestly though no one is going to listen so maybe I should just upload it straight and the few of you who actually decide to download it can enjoy "I Came To Plaaaaarrgghhhhh!"

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mr. Carlisle posted:

froot booty

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Skunkrocker posted:

Honestly though no one is going to listen so maybe I should just upload it straight and the few of you who actually decide to download it can enjoy "I Came To Plaaaaarrgghhhhh!"
Pissners demand it unfiltered.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Lies or not, I really enjoyed Hogan on Cheap Heat. Some interesting stories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jericho's "comedy" bits are usually really obnoxious (particularly his "characters") but his interviews are really good.

• Locked thread