Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I'm pretty sure it was coco.

Edit:

Sorry duder.

Fuckin do it already fatherdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I'm pretty sure it was coco.

Edit:

Sorry duder.

TMZ's track record for determining whether a fighter is alive or not is spotty. Let's not bury coco just yet.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I've never watched Dog the Bounty Hunter. Is he actually good at it or is he more likely to have paid the cops to tell him when they found War Machine so he could stand there when they arrested him?

From working at repossessing vehicles, there are lots of on-line tools that help you search where people could be at (relatives, old neighborhoods, etc). The police are too busy to search, so you just camp out at different spots and see the suspect, then call police. Dog isn't good or bad at his job, it is pretty easy.

Just like how people found out aatrek was a pedo, you just need to spend a little time and money on-line searching.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Gregor Samsa posted:

TMZ's track record for determining whether a fighter is alive or not is spotty. Let's not bury coco just yet.

nah they got a photo of him in cuffs walking to the squad car. unless they beat him to death at the station He's Alive and Captured

that's what you get for betting on MMA warrants.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Greg Jackson posted:

From what I've seen on his show it matches the old euphemism that most investigations are solved through snitching rather than sleuthing

Dog basically just went to the apartment complex of whoever paid the guy's bail money and said he'd call CPS if they don't tell him where the guy is. Repeat for 3 seasons. It's not too hard, you just have to deal with the dregs of society and be willing to be shot by someone who has skipped bail on their 3rd domestic violence strike.

Also the one episode I watched, his idiot sons were running around with paintball guns full of pepper spray.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

red19fire posted:

Also the one episode I watched, his idiot sons were running around with paintball guns full of pepper spray.

I know a little about bond recovery (bounty hunting) and most agents I've met carry real guns for the real danger involved. Dog, on the other hand, is a convicted felon so he has to improvise.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

red19fire posted:

Dog basically just went to the apartment complex of whoever paid the guy's bail money and said he'd call CPS if they don't tell him where the guy is. Repeat for 3 seasons. It's not too hard, you just have to deal with the dregs of society and be willing to be shot by someone who has skipped bail on their 3rd domestic violence strike.

On his A&E show about 90% of the people he chased were meth addicts who supported their habits with petty crime, not exactly supervillains. Plus he was primarily based in Hawaii so they couldn't even run. I doubt Dog bought his way into the bust since it was the US Marshals carrying out the arrest. They'd have just told him to gently caress off unless he was the one who supplied the tip. Most likely he talked to War Machine's friends and convinced them to turn him in for his own good, which is how he busted people about half the time on his TV show. I expected that War Machine was chilling in a hotel room somewhere but I thought every hotel wanted you to put down a credit card for deposit, which should have got him caught sooner.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

coconono posted:

Fuckin do it already fatherdog.

Report yourself?

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

nah they got a photo of him in cuffs walking to the squad car. unless they beat him to death at the station He's Alive and Captured

That's not actually /that/ unlikely a possibility so I'll still give it a day or so.

mewse
May 2, 2006

EvanSchenck posted:

I thought every hotel wanted you to put down a credit card for deposit, which should have got him caught sooner.

As a career criminal he probably came up with some kinda scheme where he didn't use his own credit card

red19fire
May 26, 2010

EvanSchenck posted:

On his A&E show about 90% of the people he chased were meth addicts who supported their habits with petty crime, not exactly supervillains. Plus he was primarily based in Hawaii so they couldn't even run. I doubt Dog bought his way into the bust since it was the US Marshals carrying out the arrest. They'd have just told him to gently caress off unless he was the one who supplied the tip. Most likely he talked to War Machine's friends and convinced them to turn him in for his own good, which is how he busted people about half the time on his TV show. I expected that War Machine was chilling in a hotel room somewhere but I thought every hotel wanted you to put down a credit card for deposit, which should have got him caught sooner.

Front Row Brian is saying that Chael tipped off the Marshals.

Stormtrooper
Oct 18, 2003

Imperial Servant

If anyone has questions about this kind of combat (or this fight in particular) I can answer. The guy in blue is American, and the other guy is the Russian champion (probably best in the world). I'm really surprised to see this on M1 but hey. There are actually smaller events that are exclusively fought in this style.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

red19fire posted:

That would be awesome but I'm not giving my hopes up. I don't trust FRB to tell me the color of the sky.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Well at least Chael will get one last payday here.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Stormtrooper posted:

If anyone has questions about this kind of combat (or this fight in particular) I can answer. The guy in blue is American, and the other guy is the Russian champion (probably best in the world). I'm really surprised to see this on M1 but hey. There are actually smaller events that are exclusively fought in this style.

Alright I'll ask - what's the point of the swords if they just punch each other and hit with shields and trip, and also, if the swords are useful in any way, why does no one die.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
American Hero Chael Sonnen immediately hired by Fox, Fox Sports, Fox Deportes, Fox Business.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

1st AD posted:

Well at least Chael will get one last payday here.

FRB says he is donating it to undisclosed recipients.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Stormtrooper posted:

What are the rules in this style of event.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

red19fire posted:

How?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I think I'm actually happier just leaving that as two guys dressed up as knights having a fight in a ring, because the specifics can't make it any cooler or funnier.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

TheReverend posted:

That would be awesome but I'm not giving my hopes up. I don't trust FRB to tell me the color of the sky.

FRB is basically Chael's PR/cheerleader, so absolutely take it with a grain of salt.

eaglesmerlin1
Mar 29, 2010
What if its Chael's twitter alter persona? Is there evidence FRB exist out in the wild?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Stormtrooper posted:

I'm going to need some names here. Who are these guys and what's this stuff called?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

hahaha War Machine was arrested because he was assaulting some poor woman in the hotel he was holed up in, so the police were called. Almost as dumb as tweeting his location.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

http://mmakanvas.ninemsn.com.au/articles/news/1258/note-to-thieves-it-rsquo-s-not-a-good-idea-to-steal-from-former-ufc-fighters.html

How did we miss this?

Jardine vs. Jones

Crimestoppers

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

quote:

In his fighting career, Jardine used his hands to knockout and submit up to ten very tough men inside the cage

what the gently caress were they too lazy to check wikipedia?

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

"@Eric_Nicksick10 posted:

How they caught Warmachine

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

hahahahahha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lol

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

lmao

Stormtrooper
Oct 18, 2003

Imperial Servant

Best Friends posted:

Alright I'll ask - what's the point of the swords if they just punch each other and hit with shields and trip, and also, if the swords are useful in any way, why does no one die.
They can score points with the swords. They are not allowed to stab, or else they would die. This particular fight was really one-sided so it was easy for the winner to employ more destructive techniques.

doverhog posted:

What are the rules in this style of event.
Rules can vary between events and promotions, but in general: 1) no stabbing, 2) no submissions, 3) no strikes to groin, neck, back of knees, feet. Three rounds of three minutes. Judged based on effective striking and grounding of the other fighter. Equipment may vary, but it must meet safety requirements and be historically accurate.

vainman posted:

I'm going to need some names here. Who are these guys and what's this stuff called?
Fellow in the blue is Craig Michael Ivey (US), his opponent top-ranked Sergey Ukolov (RU). This particular fight is a HMB (historical medieval battles) pro-fight. Other categories include 1v1 with a mix of weapons, and melees with teams. Pro-fights are a modern take on the sport, appropriate for MMA-style events. The other categories are more historical and suited for medieval festivals and faires. Internally events take place under the WMFC name.

Stormtrooper fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 16, 2014

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Stormtrooper posted:

They can score points with the swords. They are not allowed to stab, or else they would die. This particular fight was really one-sided so it was easy for the winner to employ more destructive techniques.

Rules can vary between events and promotions, but in general: 1) no stabbing, 2) no submissions, 3) no strikes to groin, neck, back of knees, feet. Three rounds of three minutes. Judged based on effective striking and grounding of the other fighter. Equipment may vary, but it must meet safety requirements and be historically accurate.

Fellow in the blue is Craig Michael Ivey (US), his opponent top-ranked Sergey Ukolov (RU). This particular fight is a HMB (historical medieval battles) pro-fight. Other categories include 1v1 with a mix of weapons, and melees with teams. Pro-fights are a modern take on the sport, appropriate for MMA-style events. The other categories are more historical and suited for medieval festivals and faires. Internally events take place under the WMFC name.

It's your time to shine. How long have you been waiting for this moment to arrive in this subforum?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Is Deadliest Warrior still on? Because I think Viacom sticking Renfaire Gracie on a Bellator show would be a lot better than Tito Ortiz in TNA

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Renfaire Gracie

hahaha

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Is Deadliest Warrior still on? Because I think Viacom sticking Renfaire Gracie

lmao

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Is Deadliest Warrior still on? Because I think Viacom sticking Renfaire Gracie on a Bellator show would be a lot better than Tito Ortiz in TNA

:lol:

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Cage Warrior prelims are live
http://bit.ly/cagewarriorsFBlive

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Bushmeister posted:

Historical martial arts manuals (those that have been found anyway) are hilariously full of such underhanded poo poo you wouldn't believe. Nothing screams "chivalry" like a training regimen of how to throw your cloak on a dudes face and then batter his helmet in with the pommel of your sword.

They've also got way more wrestling than you'd ever imagine from movies.

Wrestling: still the best base for fighting even if you are fighting in the 13th century.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I don't get it