Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Indeed you cannot. They've eased up on the drop options a tiny bit, but you really have to go all the way in with farming or platinum to score decent amounts.

Kappa is still Grineer these days. I haven't checked if there's a low level Corpus MD on another planet, but its a pretty good game mode to make nice hauls since the osprey spawn frequency is certainly higher than in Defense or Surivivals. And of course, you want them as low leveled as possible because of how much they love to kamikaze everything, all the time, and cheat you outta drops.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Another update is coming already? I only just signed up with U14.

DelphiAegis posted:

I know I am a loving sperglord when I got irrationally pissed thinking you were loving up my grand designs in the dojo, then a small inspection of the place you're standing doesn't show either upsidedown trees or other decorations in the correct spot and I realized it's probably an independent dojo and I calmed down.

This is literally the only reason I haven't applied for the Goon clan. I will build a highway of buddhas in the sky and nobody can stop me.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Seriously Delphi, as long as we aren't deleting each other's space art poo poo, why the gently caress would you care if someone put a couple Buddhas on the ceiling?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Sputnik posted:

Seriously Delphi, as long as we aren't deleting each other's space art poo poo, why the gently caress would you care if someone put a couple Buddhas on the ceiling?

He told you, he's a loving sperglord :confused:

(I'd assume he was fake mad because everything else in the room was gone)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

No Delphi is just a straight up space fascist about Dojo decorations, also bees.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Hmm another update that introduces new stuff without addressing unbalanced play. Oh, de. I know it's your business model to keep creating new stuff so people never stop paying platinum, but at this rate your game will never get out of beta!

DelphiAegis posted:

I know I am a loving sperglord when I got irrationally pissed thinking you were loving up my grand designs in the dojo, then a small inspection of the place you're standing doesn't show either upsidedown trees or other decorations in the correct spot and I realized it's probably an independent dojo and I calmed down.

look at this nerd, getting mad at bideo gamez

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KARMA! posted:

Hmm another update that introduces new stuff without addressing unbalanced play. Oh, de. I know it's your business model to keep creating new stuff so people never stop paying platinum, but at this rate your game will never get out of beta!

'beta' is meaningless for games like this, it's purely there as a deflection by the devs and white knights to explain lovely, unbalanced garbage that could and should be fixed.

It's a depreciated term with little meaning in gaming from the horrible misuse, though fans will still quickly point out to you that, say, the BF4 beta isn't representative of the final product, because 'it's just a beta!'

(I'm totally not annoyed by said lovely devs and white knights defending awful gameplay issues with the beta shield, really)

edit:

And for balance, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0XawwC8a-Q :stare:

victrix fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 15, 2014

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Are they going to balance the projectile weapons to work in space? That's my question.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I have removed some of the plugs in the dojo.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/291076-hotfix-1422/

Hotfix 14.2.2

Additions:

- The number of currently active squads is now displayed in the info popup when hovering over a mission node.
- Game invitations are now queued and can be individually accepted/declined when receiving invites from multiple players.
- Game invitations are no longer cleared when transitioning to/from a mission.

Changes:

- Public matchmaking now avoids joining the same session twice in a row; if you don't find an acceptable squad (or experience network issues), leave the session and the next time you select that mission you will either find a different host or start hosting yourself.

Fixes:

- Fixed numerous issues with squad VOIP chat
- Fixed incorrect values being displayed for Sentinel's Crit Damage and Crit Chance in the Arsenal and Upgrades screens.
- Fixed a rare case where players could end up in the wrong mission if they managed to join a host who had crashed/disconnected and then re-hosted a different mission.
- Fixed being able to send game invites via the /invite chat command when not currently in a squad.
- Fixed crash when attempting to launch a Solar Rail Conflict mission under strict NAT.
- Fixed overlapped Cyropod & Artifact objects when playing Defense alerts on Grineer Galleon tileset
- Fixed overlapping UI issues when viewing the Dark Sector information screen while the pause menu is active.
- Fixed gameplay crashes.
- Localization updates.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

We just got to update 14, what the christ. This poo poo is picking up speed.
Whats this "We" poo poo?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
'Run before you can walk' is the mantra DE follows and they are committed to it.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Whats this "We" poo poo?

We the PC players.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Whats this "We" poo poo?

It's okay, Squirrel... :( It's okay... It'll be okay.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Is there any mention of a release date?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

mrEkli posted:

It's okay, Squirrel... :( It's okay... It'll be okay.
Its not loving okay.

Nearly two months. And counting.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Its not loving okay.

Nearly two months. And counting.

I have bad news for you if you're hoping de will improve their development processes any time soon

I'm flatly amazed they manage to get patches past sony cert

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Can someone explain the Sony certification process and why it takes so long? I had assumed it was 'Sony checks your patch to make sure it won't gunk up their console or network', maybe via an internal testing network or something, but two months seems pretty nuts.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Pierson posted:

Can someone explain the Sony certification process and why it takes so long? I had assumed it was 'Sony checks your patch to make sure it won't gunk up their console or network', maybe via an internal testing network or something, but two months seems pretty nuts.

They only just submitted to cert a few days ago

It didn't take them two months in cert, it took them two months to get to cert

DE are sloppy

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

On the plus side, we did get the Forma alert on PS4. Or was that announcement for PS4? Everyone just assumes things here.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.

Denzine posted:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/291076-hotfix-1422/

Hotfix 14.2.2

Additions:

- The number of currently active squads is now displayed in the info popup when hovering over a mission node.
- Game invitations are now queued and can be individually accepted/declined when receiving invites from multiple players.
- Game invitations are no longer cleared when transitioning to/from a mission.

These are important and I'm glad they were added.

Also, that sweet Archwing thing reminds me of Omega Boost much more than Zone of the Enders. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG-5arlMcfw

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

tlarn posted:

Also, that sweet Archwing thing reminds me of Omega Boost much more than Zone of the Enders. :allears:

You should probably play Strike Suit Zero...

Also linking Omega Boost without linking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuAg4nDNEeY is criminal

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

CrashCat posted:

On the plus side, we did get the Forma alert on PS4. Or was that announcement for PS4? Everyone just assumes things here.

It's probably both.

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams
I'm curious about Melee damage mechanics, I tried to look it up on the wiki and I did not understand it entirely.
For example are channeled attacks classified as a different type of attack e.g. not standard melee?
If so, does Pressure Point have no effect on channeled attacks at all? Because it seems to increase the base damage of the weapon on the menu, at least.
Killing Blow, which increases channel damage how does that function in conjunction with Pressure Point? I felt the wiki was very unclear on it.
Which mods apply to normal melee, channeled melee or both? That would be handy to know. A lot to get into.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

There's not much to it: Channeling is everything on your base mods + any mods that says they do X while you are channeling.

That's all.

fake edit: (that's all except there are almost certainly hilarious :de: bugs that no one has bothered to research fully)

Foppington
Feb 11, 2013

Neon Dreams

victrix posted:

There's not much to it: Channeling is everything on your base mods + any mods that says they do X while you are channeling.

That's all.

fake edit: (that's all except there are almost certainly hilarious :de: bugs that no one has bothered to research fully)

So then Pressure Point (Base Melee damage) and Killing Blow (Bonus Channeling damage) will work together in tandem?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

I have removed some of the plugs in the dojo.

Welp, time to log in and re-add them.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lord Foppington posted:

So then Pressure Point (Base Melee damage) and Killing Blow (Bonus Channeling damage) will work together in tandem?

Yup.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Pierson posted:

It hasn't been with Sony for two months. DE submitted it for cert YESTERDAY. They CHOSE to hold back Breeding Grounds from us and bundle it with 14 which they proceeded to gently caress up 1000 ways to Sunday. Its outrageous and entirely inexcusable. They even admitted as such in the last devstream or the one right before it, the UI one.

No loving excuse for this poo poo.

*Edit PC got Breeding Grounds on JUNE 19th. Here we are... August 15th and counting.

BarkingSquirrel fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 16, 2014

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TheRationalRedditor posted:

What the bloody hell does that have to do with anything? The entire point is that there's no reason to use distillings over the originals because you can still collect titans at any goddamned hour interval you want to. There's no upside to distillings and they cost more to build.
You realize that distillings have double the chance for rare resources, right?

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Another update is coming already? I only just signed up with U14.
An insane release pace is par for the course with DE. Welcome aboard.

T.G. Xarbala posted:

This is literally the only reason I haven't applied for the Goon clan. I will build a highway of buddhas in the sky and nobody can stop me.
We're very proud of our dojo "decorations". :colbert:

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Wow, game has changed a crazy a mount since I last played. What's a good way to get up to speed on everything since hydroid? Any really major changes?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Helter Skelter posted:

You realize that distillings have double the chance for rare resources, right?
Yes, and double (+3 percent) of functionally nothing is utterly trivial to the degree that you won't meaningfully notice. Unless, say, "you have a life/job at all" and are tracking it for months in an excel file!

I'd rather keep the oxium, because in all the time I used distillers they didn't score one rare resource versus the titans. Conversely, Prime are boss because while they also have a negligibly increased collection rate, their yields of stuff are anywhere from x1.5 to x2.5 (varies with randomness for stuff like spores, flat increase on rare resources) greater than the lesser extractors. Like I was saying, few rewards in game can beat the "buzz" being suddenly infused with 12 Neural Sensors or 8 cells at once when you really needed them. This was especially awesome before they fixed the extractor duplicate glitch and you scored a daily double of goodies.

The only reason I'm hyping them to anyone is because there's a good chance they'll be available again. It's hard to believe such a fundamental accessory progression will show up only once in a Prime Access and then never again. Then again, why would they be that nice?

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 16, 2014

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

tlarn posted:

victrix posted:

You should probably play Strike Suit Zero...

Also linking Omega Boost without linking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuAg4nDNEeY is criminal

Holy crap, I had completely forgotten about Omega Boost! Thanks for the nostalgia trip! :allears:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mr.Citrus posted:

Wow, game has changed a crazy a mount since I last played. What's a good way to get up to speed on everything since hydroid? Any really major changes?

You have a spaceship now, Dark Sectors have poorly implemented PVP that's slowly been getting better but is still nowhere near balanced or fun and probably won't be for quite some time, there's a void resource called Argon Crystals that decay over time, there's a new frame that you get through a quest, and there are now puppies. Otherwise things aren't that different. Maybe check the wiki if you're confused about something.

E: If you want to get your own space dog go kill the Jackal, it drops the spacedog quest that you have to activate in your codex.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Improbable Lobster posted:

You have a spaceship now, Dark Sectors have poorly implemented PVP that's slowly been getting better but is still nowhere near balanced or fun and probably won't be for quite some time, there's a void resource called Argon Crystals that decay over time, there's a new frame that you get through a quest, and there are now puppies. Otherwise things aren't that different. Maybe check the wiki if you're confused about something.

E: If you want to get your own space dog go kill the Jackal, it drops the spacedog quest that you have to activate in your codex.

I didn't know argon crystals degraded overtime. No wonder, I thought my math was wrong when I was gonna build an angstrum.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Fargin Icehole posted:

I didn't know argon crystals degraded overtime. No wonder, I thought my math was wrong when I was gonna build an angstrum.

When they were first released there was a glitch that would occasionally make them double after the 24 hour period, which was hilarious.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Man this Avalanche thing is awesome for leveling poo poo. Get the booster, then keep running it for the 1300 exp mobs all over the place. I've gotten my Vauban and penta up to 20 tonight playing off and on :pwn:

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Are there any general tips/techniques for Kubrow farming? I've been at the 'find an egg' stage for a couple of days and basically haven't even attempted to do it because it seems kind of absurd. And also because my E Prime runs take five times longer than they need because I just can't stop hunting down every random container in an obscure corner of the map.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

Opposing Farce posted:

Are there any general tips/techniques for Kubrow farming? I've been at the 'find an egg' stage for a couple of days and basically haven't even attempted to do it because it seems kind of absurd. And also because my E Prime runs take five times longer than they need because I just can't stop hunting down every random container in an obscure corner of the map.

I've been on "find an egg" for a couple weeks now. :smith:

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

OP is right, pubbies are infuriating. Applied for the clan, hope there are some west coast goons that don't mind dragging my scrubby rear end through the solar system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Send me a message on steam/forums sometime, I'll help.