Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh poo poo Judgment is next.

JUDGMENT IS NEXT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The midseason break after the last few Tarot guys is gonna be a killer.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh poo poo Judgment is next.

JUDGMENT IS NEXT

HAIL 2 U

Prepare for the big cut off before Avdol's reveal though :smithicide:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't worry it'll be rad when the next episode preview plays and you hear HELL 2 U.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kurtofan posted:

HAIL 2 U

Prepare for the big cut off before Avdol's reveal though :smithicide:

I'm pretty certain that they'll end it with YES, I AM

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

freaking out about how awesome Anubis was.

Isn't Anubis the sword? Cool, yeah, but I don't get what's awesome enough about it to inspire freaking out over. Different opinions and all, I'm just curious.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

WickedHate posted:

Isn't Anubis the sword? Cool, yeah, but I don't get what's awesome enough about it to inspire freaking out over. Different opinions and all, I'm just curious.

I just found that fight to be really cool. I mean, it's not often where you have an enemy Stand that can outright overpower Star Platinum.

Not to mention "Black Polnareff".

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
All the fights in Egypt are pretty cool.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

WickedHate posted:

Anubis was a cool fight, dude.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Beef Waifu posted:

Anubis was a cool fight, dude.

Not saying it wasn't, I just read the comment to be about Anubis itself.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I wonder how the anime thread is going to react to Avdol's return. Safe bet is on a mixture of excitement and disappointment.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Supersonic Shine posted:

I wonder how the anime thread is going to react to Avdol's return. Safe bet is on a mixture of excitement and disappointment.

And then when he dies AGAIN.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Kurtofan posted:

All the fights in Egypt are pretty cool.

I didn't like the Tohth and Khnum battle very much. That's pretty much the only Egypt fight I didn't like though.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Supersonic Shine posted:

Why disappointment? I was pumped as gently caress when he came back.

Hypocrisy posted:

I didn't like the Tohth and Khnum battle very much. That's pretty much the only Egypt fight I didn't like though.

I didn't like it much either. It was a decent gag but it got stretched out too much. Hol Horse's attempt to team up with Boingo was executed much better.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Why disappointment? I was pumped as gently caress when he came back.

Some people are inevitably going to whine about how the original death was just a cheap ploy and unoriginal

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Kanos posted:

Everyone thought Araki forgot about Hierophant's ability to possess people.

Also Kakyoin is easily the smuggest motherfucker in a pack of smug nerds, which is a loving Guinness record when he's hanging out with two Joestars and Polnareff.

Fucknag posted:

Avdol was pretty :smug:, too, when he wanted to be.

:(
Tee hee

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
I am positive somebody is going to say something like "well I guess characters don't really die in this show" which is great because that's true up until the very end when half the group gets murdered, starting with Avdol getting chumped out of nowhere.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Happily awaiting an armless Avdol to show up in JoJolion somewhere in a pile of all the other poo poo Cream ate

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Soulcleaver posted:

Hokuto no Bram Stoker

uh thats complete nonsense the correct japanse is bram stoker no ken hth

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Hypocrisy posted:

that comic artstyle tho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that short period of time where Araki ran out of tarot cards and gods, but didn't think to name Stands after songs and poo poo yet, so we got a Stand named loving Tenor Sax.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I like that short period of time where Araki ran out of tarot cards and gods, but didn't think to name Stands after songs and poo poo yet, so we got a Stand named loving Tenor Sax.

Still works as an extension of the guy's name being Kenny G if you ask me

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I still love the pairing of Vanilla Ice and Cream. Stroke-A-Genius.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Happily awaiting an armless Avdol to show up in JoJolion somewhere in a pile of all the other poo poo Cream ate
Does the heap also contain stuff The Hand wiped away?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Supersonic Shine posted:

Does the heap also contain stuff The Hand wiped away?

Nah that poo poo's in another dimension and is all probably blown up from wiping away airbombs

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

And then when he dies AGAIN.

Black guy dies first. Twice.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Such is the misfortune of being a black man in a manga inspired heavily by horror movies.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
The best Stardust Crusaders fight is and shall forever be the "fight" with Oingo and Boingo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Such is the misfortune of being a black man in a manga inspired heavily by horror movies.

Still better than a dog's death.

Davinci posted:

The best Stardust Crusaders fight is and shall forever be the "fight" with Oingo and Boingo.

And it only took three whole series for their prediction to come true! :v:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That and Josuke talking about his grandma getting hit by the same car twice are the best jokes in the entire series bar none.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
What did they predict that happened in Stone Ocean? I've exactly never heard that bit of Jojo lore before.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Scrree posted:

What did they predict that happened in Stone Ocean? I've exactly never heard that bit of Jojo lore before.

Jotaro's death.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Scrree posted:

Jotaro's death. Anytime in the series Jotaro has died it has been the same way as how they predicted it. When Bites The Dust blew him up iirc his face split in half just like it got split in half by Made In Heaven.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And, upon review, the same thing does indeed happen in Diamond is Unbreakable.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

And a third time when he fell into a cactus.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yeah but was he blown away by made in heaven?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Maybe next Jojo will have a stand that is so complex in nature he could (and does) marry it?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

FirstAidKite posted:

Jotaro's death. Anytime in the series Jotaro has died it has been the same way as how they predicted it. When Bites The Dust blew him up iirc his face split in half just like it got split in half by Made In Heaven.

Out of everything that Araki apparently forgot like Josuke showing up to save his younger self, I like how Jotaro's death is the one thing he remembers.

Actually, Josuke getting blown back in time would have been a sad ending, I'm glad he dropped that plotline.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Broseph Brostar posted:

Out of everything that Araki apparently forgot like Josuke showing up to save his younger self, I like how Jotaro's death is the one thing he remembers.

Actually, Josuke getting blown back in time would have been a sad ending, I'm glad he dropped that plotline.

I don't think there ever was a "Josuke goes back in time to save himself" plotline, that seems like reading way too much into a haircut origin story.

It's not like Josuke's haircut is that unique in Japan.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Kurtofan posted:

I don't think there ever was a "Josuke goes back in time to save himself" plotline, that seems like reading way too much into a haircut origin story.

It's not like Josuke's haircut is that unique in Japan.

Its the fact that the mysterious person was bloodied up and looked like they had been fighting, plus Araki was probably planning on a final baddie that utilized some form of time travel.

You're right though, one mention of his hair's backstory isn't exactly a plotline.

• Locked thread