Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION
I use plat to have secret convos with mods and tell them which prole posters to ban and they always always always say yes.

Once I told Eggplant Wizard her cat avatars were cute and she said thanks :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Rappaport posted:

Impeach Joementum!

Too late, I already resigned!

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Joementum posted:

Joe, tell us your favourite Nixon facts.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Joementum posted:

We don't have a forums Ford to cover your rear end, though, at least as far as I'm- *stumbles down gangway, initiating an increasingly ludicrous series of pratfalls*

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Thanatosian posted:

We're not talking starving, right? Like, if it's been an hour since breakfast, I should just be able to have a little Alhazred to tide me over until lunch.

:stonk:

Well, I guess I am delicious, so it's really to be expected. :sweatdrop:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dr. Witherbone posted:

Joe, tell us your favourite Nixon facts.

In 1969 J. Edgar Hoover invited him over for dinner and they ate steak, waited on by FBI agents, in a room lit by lava lamps and decorated with pin-up girl posters.

He also used to get drunk and talk to the portraits in the White House.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Rappaport posted:

Impeach Joementum!

Eat Fried Chicken!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Warcabbit posted:

Eat Fried Chicken!

Don't eat green meat, it ain't good for you.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Joementum posted:

In 1969 J. Edgar Hoover invited him over for dinner and they ate steak, waited on by FBI agents, in a room lit by lava lamps and decorated with pin-up girl posters.

He also used to get drunk and talk to the portraits in the White House.

Did Nixon recognize a sort of kindred spirit in Hoover, or did he suspect him of being a secret pinko Jew?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chantilly Say posted:

Did Nixon recognize a sort of kindred spirit in Hoover, or did he suspect him of being a secret pinko Jew?

I think more of the former, but they weren't at all friendly. Nixon knew that, as far as the FBI was concerned, Hoover was the President and could turn the agency against the White House whenever he wanted.

That's why when Hoover finally died Nixon decided to install his own man at the FBI instead of promoting the next-in-line, Mark Felt. That didn't work out too well for Nixon in the end....

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh, and the Plumbers were set up in the White House in the first place because Hoover refused to use the FBI for it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Speaking of executive overreach, in case you weren't following the right news, or the Texas thread:

Badger of Basra posted:

Perry's been indicted by a grand jury for abuse of power over his veto for Public Integrity Unit funding :getin:

http://www.texastribune.org/2014/08/15/grand-jury-indicts-perry-abuse-authority/

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

so its final. president rand paul

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

R. Mute posted:

Do Belgophiles even exist? I mean, i live here and i'm not even that fond of it.

Well there's a fetish for everything else hosed up out there so there must be.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

THS posted:

Well, I believe I'll vote for a 3rd party candidate.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Texas governor Rick Perry indicted for abuse of power. It's a felony.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/16/us/gov-rick-perry-of-texas-is-indicted-over-veto-of-funds-for-das-office.html?_r=0

E: Dammit, beaten

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sergg posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/16/us/gov-rick-perry-of-texas-is-indicted-over-veto-of-funds-for-das-office.html?_r=0

Not feeling so hot anymore, eh Platailure? :smaug:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

THS posted:

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Sergg posted:

I guess this has some legs, and I guess it would matter if Perry had a shot in hell at the presidency to begin with.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Not feeling so hot anymore, eh Platailure? :smaug:

I made the quoted post and I have plat so it looks like it's you who is an -ailure :smugdog:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Badger of Basra posted:

I made the quoted post and I have plat so it looks like it's you who is an -ailure :smugdog:

Well, I properly attributed it to you, rather than claiming it as my own. :viggo:

Edit: Hmm... what do crucifixion buddies do? I'm a Jew, so I am not familiar with this.

Absurd Alhazred fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 16, 2014

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I guess this has some legs, and I guess it would matter if Perry had a shot in hell at the presidency to begin with.

I forget, are convicted felons eligible to vote in Texas?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Sergg posted:

His eyes! The glasses they do nothing!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Well, I believe I'll vote for a 3rd party candidate.

Ha, Ha! Go ahead, throw your vote away!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Ha, Ha! Go ahead, throw your vote away!

Yessssssssss :smugdroid:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the solution to this dilemma is leading a Maoist coup of Democratic Party leadership.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Actually the correct answer would be to pan over to Ross Perot punching his hat in frustration, but yours is acceptable.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Actually the correct answer would be to pan over to Ross Perot punching his hat in frustration, but yours is acceptable.

That was Ross Perot? Man I never knew. Guy was kinda before my time.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

StandardVC10 posted:

That was Ross Perot? Man I never knew. Guy was kinda before my time.

Gee, thanks for making me feel old. I remember watching this episode when it first aired.

Moreover, I was old enough in 1992 to have an opinion about the elections, namely that Perot was right about cutting aid to Israel because it was time for it to be more independent. :negative:

Also:

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the solution to this dilemma is leading a Maoist coup of Democratic Party leadership.

I'm in.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

"On this foundation it is possible to accomplish any task whatsoever." *starves 30 million people to death*

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"On this foundation it is possible to accomplish any task whatsoever." *starves 30 million people to death*

Unemployment? Gone!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
nixonfacts: he courted his wife by driving her on dates with other men

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

paranoid randroid posted:

nixonfacts: he courted his wife by driving her on dates with other men

Cucked Dick.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
richard nixon's first accomplishment as a politician was founding the House Chowder and Marching Society.

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 16, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
that was also his finest accomplishment

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
He wasn't going to go into politics, originally. He started a company, Citra-Frost, to sell frozen orange juice in plastic bags, but he froze the juice instead of the concentrate and lost out to competition.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Thai Noon in northeast Portland is so good you guys

it's sooo gooooood

EDIT: also I've been reading the libertarian thread and I refuse to believe anyone has the endurance to actually read every jrodefeld post

Wolfsheim fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Aug 16, 2014

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Captain_Maclaine posted:

LOL if you think that Democrats have a lower body count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Wolfsheim posted:

EDIT: also I've been reading the libertarian thread and I refuse to believe anyone has the endurance to actually read every jrodefeld post

Dude's been doing it since 2010 too, which is sort of impressive, though less so considering he never changes his mind about anything.

• Locked thread