Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Also remember, it is absolutely vital that any time you kill a hiding stalker-cloak infil, you must teabag them while spamming the "I NEED A RIDE" voice macro (V+5 IIRC). VITAL.

EDIT: When did SA add a little icon for platinum users? (Little box to the left of name)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
Today, apparently.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

There's no reason to not use the Darklight Rebel, it's the best freaking sidearm in the game

However for Infil hunting there's only the Darklight Bruiser. So hilarious

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

NihilCredo posted:

1v1 point contests can become pretty fun if you take it as a challenge to never kill the guy in the same way twice.

I usually try to use it as a teaching tool. Kill the guy, leave a mine where I was, move to a different spot. Even the BR5s catch on after two or three deaths. Of course then they just start spraying the corners with an LMG, but at least they're learning! :unsmith:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Motion sensor dongs really make those fights unfair, it's great.

Just repeatedly cloak and uncloak while playing keep away from them and watch their arrow spin around frantically.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Desideratus posted:

EDIT: When did SA add a little icon for platinum users? (Little box to the left of name)

Noticed it today for the first time, it's a badge that only the elite wear.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Xander just mentioned his big priority with Hossin out now is to fix up bases so so they fit better on the lattice, and moving useless teleporters to be useful. They are fully aware of the issue of useless teleporters.

Malorn is talking about new alerts like rabbit ball (basically huge ctf if you didn't play PS1) as well as how much he loves tossing his sticky grenades all over groups of people.

Also Higby is hella hung over.

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012
FRONT LINE SOLDIER IN THE FIGHT FOR MEN'S RIGHTS

reddit 4 eva
Joining outfits is still broken for me. :negative:
Getting spammed until the game locks up with 'your petition to join Higby's Heroes has been sent! Your petition to join Higby's Heroes has been accepted!"

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
AJA army seems to be out on the TR, zerging the poo poo out of bases but I racked up 160 kills in almost an hour with 250-ish certs. Most of my kills were barely BR10 or lower.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
AJA are really bad players, but its annoying when they pile a squad onto a point to ghost cap and they never move from the point, have 2-3 MAXes, and won't chase you to get picked off alone.
At least they're being kinda smart, on accident.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Horizontal Tree posted:

AJA are really bad players, but its annoying when they pile a squad onto a point to ghost cap and they never move from the point, have 2-3 MAXes, and won't chase you to get picked off alone.

It just means that after a few ghost caps, they're all extreme menace kills. Cert pinatas, if you will.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Horizontal Tree posted:

It's a cargo cult room hold. They're not necessarily holding it from anything, but they're holding it.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Pretty much. They're trying to do these pro room holds but they're doing it with nobody even trying to counter them. Its just a one squad ghost hold

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Better to be on the point than wasting their time somewhere else and getting backcapped, I guess.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

It just means that after a few ghost caps, they're all extreme menace kills. Cert pinatas, if you will.

Aged like a fine wine.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah considering all factions are getting better at back capping its very valid and when they do it ghost capping they'll eventually do it when it counts. AJA is getting really good and already make a huge impact on the TR side because they play like a VS outfit--they always go towards the point in a big group, they always support their maxes.

At this rate they will quickly become one of the top 10 outfits if they can keep their numbers.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Arghy posted:

Yeah considering all factions are getting better at back capping its very valid and when they do it ghost capping they'll eventually do it when it counts. AJA is getting really good and already make a huge impact on the TR side because they play like a VS outfit--they always go towards the point in a big group, they always support their maxes.

At this rate they will quickly become one of the top 10 outfits if they can keep their numbers.

They're abusing the two best things you can do to be a force in this game:

Be numerous
Be support

Lots of medics whenever I'm fighting them - looks like for whatever reason they didn't fall for the "let's be the shieldy LMG guy! Durrr" trap you see a lot of new people fall for. They've got Cyclers and infinite medkits and cert guns instead

That said they're still punching well below their weight, they just aren't like, day 1 awful

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Individually they're awful and easy certs, but as a group it's like fighting the loving Borg. Fighting at The Ascent/Auraxis Firearms against them last night was tough. So many MAXes.

The impact they make is smaller than you'd expect given how many of them there are, but if they keep playing together long enough and actually develop skill and keep at least trying to stay together and move tactically (instead of devolving into AOD) they'll be scary.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
SenorSteve had 2nd place in highest number of TKs from people listed as attending SOE Live.

eonwe fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Aug 16, 2014

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Epic High Five posted:

There's no reason to not use the Darklight Rebel, it's the best freaking sidearm in the game

However for Infil hunting there's only the Darklight Bruiser. So hilarious

Darklight Jackhammer :getin:

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Just before primetime TR and NC let VS capture Hossin almost completely unopposed. We had literally one set of people fighting us on the NC front and a small squad or two on the TR front fighting us, the rest were fighting each other. Both sides would literally rather give up the new continent instead of fighting us.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Is it worth unlocking adrenaline shield for heavy? I'm using the default shield (one level away from max) on my MCG heavy and I think the adrenaline shield would be a good combo with it but it's really expensive.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Ryuga Death posted:

Is it worth unlocking adrenaline shield for heavy? I'm using the default shield (one level away from max) on my MCG heavy and I think the adrenaline shield would be a good combo with it but it's really expensive.

If you can regularly go on kills streaks then yes, but it needs to be maxed out.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

During the AMA someone got up on stage and whined for TR LMG buffs, ending with "but the NC..."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Aaod posted:

Just before primetime TR and NC let VS capture Hossin almost completely unopposed. We had literally one set of people fighting us on the NC front and a small squad or two on the TR front fighting us, the rest were fighting each other. Both sides would literally rather give up the new continent instead of fighting us.

Naw, one side would rather give up the new continent. The other side is just sick of bringing enough to hit 33% or so pop while the TR cap out at a whopping 8%. If the TR don't participate there is zero chance of winning because it's 2:1 as the VS can effectively ignore the TR.

I have zero intention of fighting against double our numbers for a "meta" that's both dumb and fleeting so I don't, and I'm not alone in the sentiment.

Plus, the stark decrease in the quality of your average VS combined with half price MAXes is how I'm going to aurax my AV nades so hey, have it

AuxiliaryPatroller
Jul 23, 2007

Eonwe posted:

SenorSteve had 2nd place in highest number of TKs from people listed as attending SOE Live.

:allears: so MLG.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

If you can regularly go on kills streaks then yes, but it needs to be maxed out.

Neat and yeah, I don't want to use it if it's not maxed out. Luckily, I'm almost at 6000 certs right now so I can unlock if I want to. Is it worth unlocking the last rank for the default heavy shield?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Ryuga Death posted:

Yeah if you got the certs to burn its better then the NMG because you can blow the entire shield then kill 1-2 dudes and have it back to full. I've done amazing things like keeping my shield at full while under fire because i was rocking a lasher with AV nades against 382/AOD. I always use the shield as a response rather then hitting it and stepping out because i value mobility. Its also awesome for popping out getting a kill then ducking into cover because you can take sniper shots and fire a missile killing 2 dudes and already have your shield at 40%.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Shotgun buffs?

Oh my god, the infantry spergs are going to loving rage.

How dare a non-heavy class have a chance to beat one!

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I try to use the shield as a response as well, but lately I get instagibbed a lot before I have a chance to activate it so I'm leaning more towards pre popping for some situations.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Xae posted:

Shotgun buffs?

Where are you getting this?

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2dob7y/soe_live_2014_dev_ama_4152014_2pm3pm/

Also updated models for the Sundie, Flash, Lightning, and Harasser:
https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status/500418405879775233

Finally some early/rough concept rendering/art/whatever for the ES buggies:

https://twitter.com/WrelPlays/status/500419047142735872

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Shotgun shitters rejoice? I dunno, it sounded like a very mild change, and a poorly explained one at that. I'd wait until details come out (if any) before calling the game Shotgunside.

The updated art is awesome. DAT LIGHTNING! DAT HARASSER! DAT SUNDIE! It's basically all good, and honestly the existing models ARE sorta ugly (the Lightning in particular). The ES buggies are sweet as hell. They're all going to be four-man vehicles and "a bit heavier than a Harasser". Can you imagine Steve's sicknasty jumping off of doom cliffs in that Thresher? He'll be able to TK three GOKU at once, now!

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Gonkish posted:

Shotgun shitters rejoice? I dunno, it sounded like a very mild change, and a poorly explained one at that. I'd wait until details come out (if any) before calling the game Shotgunside.

The updated art is awesome. DAT LIGHTNING! DAT HARASSER! DAT SUNDIE! It's basically all good, and honestly the existing models ARE sorta ugly (the Lightning in particular). The ES buggies are sweet as hell. They're all going to be four-man vehicles and "a bit heavier than a Harasser". Can you imagine Steve's sicknasty jumping off of doom cliffs in that Thresher? He'll be able to TK three GOKU at once, now!
Technically he's TKing three GOKU at once right now if he's counted as one of his own kills.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Westy543 posted:

During the AMA someone got up on stage and whined for TR LMG buffs, ending with "but the NC..."

Higby should have thrown him a shammy and told him to buff his own CARV.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

sitchelin posted:

Higby should have thrown him a shammy and told him to buff his own CARV.

:drat:

As ComeBuffMyCarv, I heartily approve.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Xae posted:

Shotgun buffs?

How I'm reading it is that shotguns have a serious problem doing any damage beyond 10 feet which is something I really agree with.

Though, I'd prefer if the choke was tightened across the board as opposed to simply raising the damage floor or something.

eszett engma
May 7, 2013
I would appreciate it if the SOE Live attendees could let the devs know that the game needs Routers.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Xae posted:

Shotgun buffs?

Making hit detection less awful would constitute as a shotgun buff, people flinching from <10m shots and nowhere near dead is getting old. If they want shotguns to have less fall-off, they should take a leaf from battlefield and implement DART/flechette rounds. Push the baron/jackhammer even further out. :getin:

Gonkish posted:

The lightning gives me hope that they'll flesh out the MBTs later down the track, player studio might take care of things though. I want to throw money at infantry cosmetics with equipment, very little of the concept art direction transitioned to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Gonkish posted:

It seems fairly straight-forward. Right now shotguns are basically double-penalized for range - dropoff is very fast and very severe, and the pellet spread. It means that they go from 'goddamn strong' to 'utterly worthless' when you go from about 10m to 15m. Even a pump gives up a lot to be that one hit kill, and it stops being that (even if you hit with every pellet) at 12m. Smoothing out probably translates to giving them a longer/less severe dropoff so that firing at somebody outside that 10m envelope is meaningful.

• Locked thread