Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dabir posted:

I wouldn't buy it, all politics aside it's made by :dice: so it'll be a buggy piece of poo poo.

There are no words.

Its made by viceral which is better and worse. also beck jumped on board http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/08/15/is-the-enemy-in-this-new-video-game-really-a-tea-party-member/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Kind of tough to keep up the post-racial thing when one side shoots unarmed children on the other side, Rush.

They don't need guns, they've got the Knockout Game.

edit

loving Christ, these people. They just spent months sucking Bundy's dick and now they want to pretend that they're not some anti-government group? You can't have it both ways, Beck. You don't get to pray for a second Civil War and call the government illegitimate, but then get upset when people call you separatists.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Aug 16, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
edit, dp

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Kind of tough to keep up the post-racial thing when one side shoots unarmed children on the other side, Rush.

Dear Rush: The 'he who smelt it, dealt it' rule does not apply to racism.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Evil Sagan posted:

I never really looked into the Battlefield games. That sounds neat.

I'm pretty sure the previous ones have all been pretty standard shoot mans for America games. But given how AAA studios work this could at least constitute a sign that what the Tea Party represents is something that most FPS buyers can caricature into an easily dispatched Other much like Nazis, al Qaeda members, and so on.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

StandardVC10 posted:

I'm pretty sure the previous ones have all been pretty standard shoot mans for America games. But given how AAA studios work this could at least constitute a sign that what the Tea Party represents is something that most FPS buyers can caricature into an easily dispatched Other much like Nazis, al Qaeda members, and so on.

It's a welcome change in my book. As a Hispanic I am so gonna buy the poo poo out of this.

Mission accomplished game devs.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

StandardVC10 posted:

I think we all know that they'll end up on the bad side of history, but you really suck when people are casting you as the villains when you're at your peak.

Superman took down the KKK the same way.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
It's great because the Breitbart article seems to be implying that there are no far right militias, and that a group like the one in the game is pure fantasy. It's something progressives like to dream up.

gently caress off, Breitbart.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mark Levin just played the entire "America the Beautiful" by Ray Charles to end his program, ending it with shouts of "GET ISIS! GET AL-QAEDA!"

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

StandardVC10 posted:

Wasn't there a Call of Duty where the villain was basically a militarized Occupy movement?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Wasn't there a Call of Duty where the villain was basically a militarized Occupy movement?

I think I saw a Rainbow Six trailer that kinda had that sound to it (or at least, Occupy was the in thing so they threw that on top of whatever else was going on) but I can't remember if the associated game ever got released.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

StandardVC10 posted:

I think I saw a Rainbow Six trailer that kinda had that sound to it (or at least, Occupy was the in thing so they threw that on top of whatever else was going on) but I can't remember if the associated game ever got released.
Patriots, and it did not. They wound up retooling the entire game into a new concept sans Terrorist Occupy, to the point where everything we currently know is centered around a multiplayer-centric experience.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
e;fb Goddamn it.

StandardVC10 posted:

It was called Rainbow Six: Patriots and it got cancelled and is now instead a completely different game called Siege.

Also the villains in the first Rainbow Six are more or less Greenpeace (didn't we have a Tom Clancy discussion in this thread just a few pages ago or am I getting my DnD mixed up?)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Yeah, black ops 2.

StandardVC10 posted:

It was made before occupy, apparently it was more of a tea party like militia group, but then the game went to development hell.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3730600248001/legalizing-pot-a-danger-to-society/?playlist_id=938507325001#sp=show-clips

So the one thing I don't get in this segment (that my father eagerly watched from Stuart Varney) is the use of fake concern/outrage from the right in regards to Marijuana.

I realize that it does have it's downsides, as does every drug ever, but the point I don't get is why their concern for other human beings never extend beyond that?

If one is so concerned about the health problems caused by Marijuana, why is one not concerned for a greater regulation on the sale of Alcohol? It causes fatalities, brain damages, and abuse of others in many ways. Why is it Fox News freaks out when Michael Bloomberg regulates sugary soft drinks? Are they not linked to Diabetes, Heart Disease, among a million other things. Why is Fox News and Stuart Varney not more for an expanded healthcare system? Wouldn't early detection and education help conquer a lot of the aforementioned health problems?

It's so bizarre they seem unwilling to have it both ways. For someone like Varney, who comes from a Business background, why the hell should he care about Marijuana? Does it prevent him from making money if it's legalized? I don't believe so. In fact you could at least make the argument that legalization would likely create an economic boost for many right now.

So I guess it's just more of a broader question. Why does Fox News, and the right seem to cherry pick it's issues?

I hope to god I don't sound like a libertarian in this post, I just find it all kind of annoying in that regard. If they really, truly cared about people in that regard, Pop, Pot, Alcohol would all be banned (or extremely limited) and we'd have a more improved health care infrastructure in this country. Instead? They cherry pick.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

FuzzySkinner posted:

So I guess it's just more of a broader question. Why does Fox News, and the right seem to cherry pick it's issues?

I don't think it's any more complicated than "things we like are good, things they like are bad".

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Thread favorite S.E. Cupp wrote a thing for CNN titled "What millennials want to hear from politicians" in which she interviews Aaron "totally not gay" Schock.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/opinion/cupp-aaron-schock-millennial-congressman-gop/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Spoiler: their solution is to be more "Reagan-esque" and discussing how Democrats are currently way more divided than Republicans and how they can take advantage of Democrats "having a huge war about what kind of reality we are in."

mr. mephistopheles fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 16, 2014

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Thread favorite S.E. Cupp wrote a thing for CNN titled "What millennials want to hear from politicians" in which she interviews Aaron "totally not gay" Schock.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/opinion/cupp-aaron-schock-millennial-congressman-gop/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

Spoiler: their solution is to be more "Reagan-esque" and discussing how Democrats are currently way more divided than Republicans and how they can take advantage of Democrats "having a huge war about what kind of reality we are in."

Republican solution to literally anything: What Would Reagan Do?

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR
Literally no sentence with Reagan in it should be completed without mentioning either Iran Contra, the Beirut Bombing, Efrain Rios Montt, and the Able Archer Incident. I swear to loving god this is the only way we'll ever shut the gently caress up about him.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Three easiest way to lure Millennials to your party?

1.) Focus on the unemployment numbers, and put up sob stories about how recent College Graduates are struggling to find work.
2.) Promise to fix the Student Loan problems many are facing with legislation. Ramble on about how it will help save the economy in many aspects. Create a very large forgiveness act for anyone with a Student Loan debt of any kind.
3.) Demonize the NSA, DHS and spying.

There. You focus on those three tenets? You got a shot. Of course they won't do that though.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 16, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

FuzzySkinner posted:

1.) Focus on the unemployment numbers, and put up sob stories about how recent College Graduates are struggling to find work.
2.) Promise to fix the Student Loan problems many are facing with legislation. Ramble on about how it will help save the economy in many aspects. Create a very large forgiveness act for anyone with a Student Loan debt of any kid.

There. You focus on those three tenets? You got a shot. Of course they won't do that though.

Well, that and desisting from screaming about niggers, sluts and faggots 24/7 in all parts of the media they control. But yeah none of that will ever be done. Neocons won't allow any real criticism of surveillance or civil liberties issues, and the business wing and libertarians would go utterly apeshit at any kind of debt canceling or subsidies to students. They are constitutionally unable to do anything other than complain about the Democratic administration.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

I really think it's just that conservative social values are straight up unpopular with millennials and as long as they have the social values they do then they're going to be hosed, but then if they change their social values they're just Democrats and will lose their ancient voter base so welp.

Maybe in 20 years when the baby boomers are all dead conservatives will change.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Dabir posted:

I wouldn't buy it, all politics aside it's made by :dice: so it'll be a buggy piece of poo poo.

quote:

The shooter's name is "Nick Mendoza"

Illegal immigrant with guns.......that's surprising

There are no words.

Yeah, because there has never been an American hero of Mexican descent.

Sometimes I hate the internet, because it has exposed to me just how many stupid loving people exist.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FuzzySkinner posted:

2.) Promise to fix the Student Loan problems many are facing with legislation. Ramble on about how it will help save the economy in many aspects. Create a very large forgiveness act for anyone with a Student Loan debt of any kind.

Student loan forgiveness actually runs into the "Federal debt" types so that wouldn't work either.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
It's amazing how in their own bubble people are, that they think the generation of people who grew up being repeatedly told by schools and TV that people on the internet will look at everything you do and especially your personal information, will be totally up in arms about the NSA doing those things.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Nintendo Kid posted:

It's amazing how in their own bubble people are, that they think the generation of people who grew up being repeatedly told by schools and TV that people on the internet will look at everything you do and especially your personal information, will be totally up in arms about the NSA doing those things.

Not only are people who grew up around the internet use to everyone storing, cataloging, and selling all their personal information, but a large number of them basically broadcast this stuff.

The NSA doesn't have to work real hard when so many people under 30 tell everyone where and when they are going out, and then put up pictures of themselves there and the food they ate. Not to mention every random thought they just throw up on Twitter because they can. Things people use to hide now have open support groups on Tumblr.

It isn't even anything the Republicans can really stand on any anyway, much like defense and the economy. Republicans gladly voted in all this domestic spying and justified it with "do you have something to hide?".

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

computer parts posted:

Student loan forgiveness actually runs into the "Federal debt" types so that wouldn't work either.

Fox News types always seem to whine about the fact that Millennials don't buy cars, don't try to own homes, don't start families and are stuck living with their parents for the time being.

If you removed the student loan debt out of the equation, would that not help things quite a bit? Even if one is still working at McDonalds due to not finding a job in their field by default they're not stuck paying an unneeded "Tax" to some large bank. Thus they're able to use money on actual products that could help spurn economic growth.

It's borderline republican, but it really makes no logical sense to "tax" those who are making minimum wage or low income. Which is exactly what those things do. (Except it's in fact worse than a tax because at least tax dollars go to a public good.).

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Aug 16, 2014

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

Fox News types always seem to whine about the fact that Millennials don't buy cars, don't try to own homes, don't start families and are stuck living with their parents for the time being.

The only reason they care about those things is that it allows them to say that our generation is just avoiding responsibility, and it's because we rely to much on Big Government. It's on the same level as their concern trolls with African-American poverty. Constantly whining about these things provides incentive for the base to turn out and vote for candidates that will "help us out" and shrink the size of government.

Most couldn't give a poo poo that Millenials are stuck with terrible job prospects and crushing amounts of debt. I think the banking wing is perfectly happy with the student loan situation, and other business types within the party aren't forward-thinking enough to see what a lack of discretionary spending will do to the economy.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

quote:

RUSH: Here A.J. in Chicago. Hi, A.J. Welcome to the program.

CALLER: (badly garbled) Hello. How are you?

RUSH: Well, A.J., I'm pretty good.

CALLER: I'm on the Rush Limbaugh Show. This is my first address to the nation, as a famous man once said at CPAC.

RUSH: As a famous...?

CALLER: ...man once said that CPAC.

RUSH: I can't understand what he's saying. What's he saying?

CALLER: This is my first address to the nation.

RUSH: Oh, as a caller, this is your first address. Well, that's not what callers do. Callers don't get to address the nation on this program.

CALLER: Well (unintelligible), I have a small bone to pick with you, Rush.

RUSH: (muffled mumbling) "What are you saying, A.J.? I can't understand a word you're saying! I'm sorry, I can't understand, A.J. I don't want to talk to you anymore, A.J. I just don't want to talk to you." Our transcription couldn't keep up with him. I don't know. I could not understand what he was saying. To the audio sound bites we go. No, I know what he was going to say. I'll tell you what he was gonna say. I didn't have the patience to stick with it.

I'll tell you what he told Snerdley. He was going to say in his first address to the nation that since I "never" criticized George Bush's spending that I'm not a real conservative; I'm not a legitimate conservative. That's what he wanted to say. Where do you take that? "Okay, A.J., when did you last beat your wife?" You know, where do you go with that? Sit here and document for him all the times I criticized Bush?

Recount all the times I criticized Bush for a whole host of things, for not responding to the Democrats, for creating a brand-new entitlement? What is that, if that's not criticizing Bush for spending? Medicare Part B! I can't tell you the number of times I had emissaries from the Bush administration call me and come down here trying to get my mind right. Immigration?

They sent old Tom DeLay! They had him call me. "You're understanding this wrong, Medicare Part B."

I said, "Tom, it looks like it's a brand-new entitlement. It's just not what Republicans do."

"It's not! It's market based. It's private sector."

"It's the federal government mandating it, Tom! It's a new entitlement. This is not what we do."

Well, I'd just as soon tell you that rather than try to muddle through (muffled mumbling). It sounded like he stars on The Bridge. No offense, A.J. It was your phone line. It wasn't you.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/15/inaudible_caller_suggests_your_host_is_not_a_real_conservative
Ahahahaha, wow.

quote:

RUSH: Here is Russ in Oakdale, California. I'm glad you waited, sir. Welcome to the program.

CALLER: Thank you, Rush. What an honor.

RUSH: Thank you.

CALLER: Before I get to my point, your story about the Missouri State Police reminded me in the early seventies. My buddy and I were riding in the car with his parents in Northern California -- which you know a lot about Northern California.

RUSH: Northern California. Are you all the way up in, "Hum."

CALLER: Humboldt, up that area.

RUSH: Yeah, Humboldt County?

CALLER: And (unintelligible) was following us, and we pulled over, and he got out and started yelling at my friend's mom, and we we're like, "What's going on?" Until I looked at the bumper. She had a bumper sticker on her car that said, "If you think the police are bad, next time you need help call a hippie."

RUSH: (chuckling)

CALLER: Anyway, he took offense to that. But the reason I called, I don't know if you're aware of what happened a couple of weeks ago in Stockton, California, a few miles south of your home city -- adopted home city -- of Sacramento.

RUSH: Stockton. What happened at Stockton?

CALLER: They had a 60 minute, over 60 minute running gun battle with three gang members attempted to rob a bank. They took hostages. One of the hostages unfortunately ended up succumbing to gunshot wounds. They kicked two of the hostages out of the car, and they're still looking for the driver of the person who dropped him off at the bank. So when these people talk about how the police don't need this, from my understanding they shot the tires out of the armored vehicle, which couldn't keep up with the rest of the vehicles. Research how many of those police vehicles had bullet holes from the AK-47s, these robbers were using.

RUSH: See, that's the point. I'm glad -- and if I'd heard, I don't recall these details about Stockton. But I do remember the California bank robbery in the nineties. It's more than one story where the bad guys had military-grade weapons, and the cops are out there with peashooter pistols, and they're just totally overpowered. It brought about a debate over, "Are the cops sufficiently armed?"

You had people saying, "Yes, they don't need any bigger pistols than what they've got, I don't care what the bad guys have 'cause if you give the cops any bigger weapons it's gonna become a police state," and so forth. Other people said, "If you don't let the cops arms themselves in ways where they can stay equal, then you're not gonna have law enforcement even have a chance."

It was a really high-pitched debate, but it's the reason why police departments in certain cities have leftover, unused military-grade equipment. But, of course, here comes the media feeding the notion that the only reason that certain police departments have those kinds of weapons and that kind of equipment is because theory racist and because it's assume that minorities in these towns are gonna require that level of armament to be kept in control.

It's bogus, but it doesn't matter because you can't make them believe the truth. They have been lied to about so much for so long that they believe it all. I mean, we actually had John Lewis call for martial law in Ferguson! He wanted Obama or somebody to declare martial law, and that's not the solution to this. The solution to things like this is something that'll never happen because nobody could get away with saying it.

Nobody could get away with suggesting it.

The reason they can't get away with suggesting it is that nobody can correctly identify the root problem. The blame, the root problem is: America is racist. The root problem is America is bigoted and racist no matter what steps have been taken. No matter the fact that we've elected the first African-American president, no matter that we've had years of affirmative action.

No matter what we do as a remedy, America is still racist. We may as well still have Bull Connor and the fire hoses and the dogs and all that -- which, again, I remind everybody that was all Democrats doing that. But the point is progress is not permitted to be recorded. So you can't ever identified the root problem, you can't ever get down and have the actual remedy addressed or even spoken.

Because it assigns blame where people do not think the blame ought to go. So we have to keep putting up with it in event after event, and it just becomes something that becomes part of the American fabric: Every now and then we're gonna have race riots, every now and then we're gonna have this or that, and we'll just do our best with them when they happen, and we'll try to get through it and we move on.

We just think it's part of our heritage that we must have these things and put up with 'em and so forth -- and that's a defeatist attitude, in my humble opinion.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/08/15/naacp_calls_on_congress_to_pass_bmw_legislation

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

quote:

The reason they can't get away with suggesting it is that nobody can correctly identify the root problem. The blame, the root problem is: America is racist. The root problem is America is bigoted and racist no matter what steps have been taken. No matter the fact that we've elected the first African-American president, no matter that we've had years of affirmative action. No matter what we do as a remedy, America is still racist.
I never got this dumb argument. So those things prove racism is over... but don't you and other republicans loudly oppose all those things?

quote:

We may as well still have Bull Connor and the fire hoses and the dogs and all that -- which, again, I remind everybody that was all Democrats doing that.
Ahahaha amazing :rolleye:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

FuzzySkinner posted:

If you removed the student loan debt out of the equation, would that not help things quite a bit? Even if one is still working at McDonalds due to not finding a job in their field by default they're not stuck paying an unneeded "Tax" to some large bank. Thus they're able to use money on actual products that could help spurn economic growth.

It's borderline republican, but it really makes no logical sense to "tax" those who are making minimum wage or low income. Which is exactly what those things do. (Except it's in fact worse than a tax because at least tax dollars go to a public good.).

I have no job because no one will hire me. I have student loan debt because I am trying to get a degree. Even if I had a job, the sort of places that would hire me would not pay me enough to move out. I cannot even have a job while going to school because of mental issues that keep me from doing both, so I get some disability, but it is nowhere near enough to buy a car or move out on. As a result of all of these things I cannot start a family. The reason I am in this spot is entirely due to Republican policies on wages and federal aid. And it's only going to get worse due to Republicans raising student loan interest rates, further putting me off buying a home, starting a family, owning a car and keeping me living with my parents.

Basically they whine about Millenials not being able to do the above things, while pushing policies that keep us hosed.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

FuzzySkinner posted:

4.) Stop using rhetoric about punishing millenials for going to college/not going to college/voting for Obama/always being on some gizmo/existing.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
That's awesome that he cut out the parts where he was mocking the caller's hispanic accent. Rush was cutting him off with jibberish.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Dr Christmas posted:

4.) Stop using rhetoric about punishing millenials for going to college/not going to college/voting for Obama/always being on some gizmo/existing.

I honestly expect at least one Republican to die from rage-induced heart failure after viewing a Jörg Lozek print. Haven't seen the article yet, but it's gonna happen.

e. Jörg Jorg. App glitch?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Can, like, Anonymous burn down this website already or something?

I'm feeling rage alright but not for the reason Drudge thinks.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

FuzzySkinner posted:

And if you do the forgiveness suddenly it's "the national debt went up by $1.2 trillion because we're no longer getting those payments".

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

computer parts posted:

And if you do the forgiveness suddenly it's "the national debt went up by $1.2 trillion because we're no longer getting those payments".

That's literally what the only thing Cavuto-types worry about. Then they'll cut to an ad of the Chinese mocking us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYKAbRK_wKA

Then claim it's all because we turned on our "Values" or some garbage.

The funny thing is, if it's ever about cutting anything like Millitary Spending (which takes up 80% or so of the budget) they flip out and claim you're letting the terrorists win. But Welfare, Social Security, Obamacare? It all needs to be gone apparently.

Like they freak out about some stupid surfer dude living on food stamps buying crab legs (He's a moron, no question), but they'll never say a word about how there's brand new jets rotting in the desert some place because the millitary has no need for them. Which do you think costs more tax payer money?

Dr Christmas posted:

Exactly.

It's a really bizarre circle they've created in that regards. Like no matter where you do? They bitch you out about it.

It's why a lot of us really were introduced to "gently caress you, got mine" that likely was a major push for a good portion of children of conservatives going right.

We were all raised by these types that opportunity was there if we studied hard, go to school, and worked hard. Hey this is America, right? Then the economy collapsed and the entire message shifted away from there.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

FuzzySkinner posted:

The funny thing is, if it's ever about cutting anything like Millitary Spending (which takes up 80% or so of the budget) they flip out and claim you're letting the terrorists win. But Welfare, Social Security, Obamacare? It all needs to be gone apparently.

Social security is a bigger percentage of the budget than the department of defense. So is Medicare/medicaid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

Social security is a bigger percentage of the budget than the department of defense. So is Medicare/medicaid

I stand corrected then.