Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Bigger chromed charging ports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Cross-drilled and vented brushless motors

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Solar-powered backup batteries for LED underbody lighting kits.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Carbon fiber battery shield to reduce weight.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Windmill generators mounted to the hood, trunk and roof (along the same line of reasoning as the electronic turbochargers)

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You guys aren't thinking electricity.. they're gonna have jacob's ladder and tesla coils.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

xzzy posted:

You guys aren't thinking electricity.. they're gonna have jacob's ladder and tesla coils.

a jacobs ladder spoiler on an electric car would be tits.

and a giant gently caress-off plasma plate grafted onto the hood

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Powershift posted:

and a4 giant gently caress-off plasma plates grafted onto the hoodwheels

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Powershift posted:

and a giant gently caress-off plasma plate grafted onto the hood

Take it to the logical conclusion

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Snowdens Secret posted:

Take it to the logical conclusion

No good for electric cars. Mr Fusion just powers the time circuitry and the hover unit, the car still needs gasoline to run.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Fucknag posted:

No good for electric cars. Mr Fusion just powers the time circuitry and the hover unit, the car still needs gasoline to run.

And oil. let's not forget it's a delorean afterall.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Powershift posted:

And oil. let's not forget it's a delorean afterall.

The autobox was made by the French Marty, were doomed!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Fucknag posted:

That's bullshit. Rick had some old poo poo or something. Mr Fusion could definitely power a car for at least 60 miles on one banana peel. Probably like 500 on a used condom.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

KoRMaK posted:

That's bullshit. Rick had some old poo poo or something. Mr Fusion could definitely power a car for at least 60 miles on one banana peel. Probably like 500 on a used condom.

Good luck finding enough copper wire to build a motor in the Old West after it's all been stolen to sell for cowboy meth

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

Good luck finding enough copper wire to build a motor in the Old West after it's all been stolen to sell for cowboy meth
Nice strawman.

We are talking about contemporary electric automobiles with a hypothetical Mr fusion.

Is it that hard to stay on topic in this thread?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Pretty sure the cowboys would just smell the irishness of the car and lynch you on principle anyway.

edit: Jesus

quote:

selling my diesel mk2

very tidy interior and exterior(left rear door lets it down)
car is a higher spec with electric windows,air con and power steering

currently runs poorly due to leaky injection pump(makes car very smokey)i have a good pump to go with car thou.also needs little adjustment in gearbox linkages.and it has a oil leak which i haven t bothered tracking down yet.

roof racks in photos already sold and has a golf front end back on it

can come with p slot wheels yellowspeed coilovers and jetta front for extra.

Completely exposed cambelt lmao

Slavvy fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 16, 2014

Anphear
Jan 20, 2008

Slavvy posted:

Pretty sure the cowboys would just smell the irishness of the car and lynch you on principle anyway.

edit: Jesus

Completely exposed cambelt lmao

And the 1L oil bottle tucked up on the firewall.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Anphear posted:

And the 1L oil bottle tucked up on the firewall.

That's not so bad. I used to do the same thing (smaller bottle) with my RX-8.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

quote:

The Deliverator's car has enough potential energy packed into its batteries to fire a pound of bacon into the Kuiper Belt. Unlike a bimbo box or a Burb beater, the Deliverator's car unloads that power through gaping, gleaming, polished sphincters. When the Deiverator puts the hammer down, poo poo happens. You want to talk contact patches? Your car's tires have tiny contact patches, talk to the asphalt in four places the size of your tongue. The Deliverator's car has big sticky tires with contact patches the size of a fat lady's thighs. The Deliverator is in touch with the road, starts like a bad day, stops on a peseta.

[...]

His car is an invisible black lozenge, just a dark place that reflects the tunnel of franchise signs-the loglo. A row of orange lights burbles and chums across the front, where the grille would be if this were an air-breathing car. The orange light looks like a gasoline fire. It comes in through people's rear windows, bounces off their rearview mirrors, projects a fiery mask across their eyes, reaches into their subconscious, and unearths terrible fears of being pinned, fully conscious, under a detonating gas tank, makes them want to pull over and let the Deliverator overtake them in his black chariot of pepperoni fire.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 16, 2014

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

~german ingenuity~

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Google says mercedes w124 4matic, and that was stock. What the christ?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Wait, that's real?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.
Some things you just refuse to believe.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Pictures like that make me glad I live in South Florida. That rust is loving unreal.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Bajaha posted:

Ricer culture is adapting to the new tech on the market. I wonder what will fill the fart-canon shaped hole in a ricers heart with an electric/hybrid vehicle.

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHdN2zdhUpI

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

MrYenko posted:

Pictures like that make me glad I live in South Florida. That rust is loving unreal.

It's not that bad really. I live in Iowa and the '04 Mazda I traded this year looked much worse. It's almost entirely surface corrosion and nothing to worry about. My 6 still drove like a champ.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

atomicthumbs posted:

~german ingenuity~

No seriously, what the gently caress?

Dear god it is actually OEM. Not only that, the front diff is part of the oil pan yet driven by an external driveshaft, and the front diff is tilted so the CVs don't see even close to the same angles at ride height. I guess it doesn't matter, but what the gently caress, really?

:psyboom:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

kastein posted:

Dear god it is actually OEM. Not only that, the front diff is part of the oil pan yet driven by an external driveshaft, and the front diff is tilted so the CVs don't see even close to the same angles at ride height. I guess it doesn't matter, but what the gently caress, really?

That's the most German Car thing I've seen in a long time. Good lord.

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005

MrYenko posted:

Thats just surface rust. Bad rust is when the metal looks like swiss cheese.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Here's one of the rear shocks that came out of my car.

click for bigger, you can really see the detail :haw:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

SanitysEdge posted:

Thats just surface rust. Bad rust is when the metal looks like swiss cheese.

No, that's awful rust. Most of the cars I've owned have been over 20 years old and none of them have had even 1/20th that much rust.

You salt-coasters who think that's ok terrify me with the thought that you think that's safe or drivable.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So loving 80's it hurts

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HotCanadianChick posted:

You salt-coasters who think that's ok terrify me with the thought that you think that's safe or drivable.

Have fun realizing our roads are much worse because of freezing cycles and that that rust undergoes more stress than you'd think.

It's fine, really. Just surface rust. If the car had an oil leak maybe it wouldn't be as bad.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Why is it so hard for engineering professors to teach their students that just because it's technically possible to do something like that doesn't mean that you should?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

kastein posted:

Good God. :stare: Whyyyyy.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kastein posted:

This picture is magical. :allears:

It looks like a engineering student's wet dream while high on pcp.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Geoj posted:

Why is it so hard for engineering professors to teach their students that just because it's technically possible to do something like that doesn't mean that you should?

Technically possible is the most fun! :haw:

On a serious note, an environmental remediation system I designed basically had zero maintenance space (equipment includes compressors, vacuum pumps, air stripper, all which need routine maintenance) because they needed all the equipment in an 8'x8' space. It wound up being a two story system, which I would have preferred to put in an 8'x40' space. Comments from the customer were "looks good, our techs are going to have to go on a diet though." :haw:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Geirskogul posted:

So loving 80's it hurts

This is in the wrong thread.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Professor Bling posted:

Have fun realizing our roads are much worse because of freezing cycles and that that rust undergoes more stress than you'd think.

It's fine, really. Just surface rust. If the car had an oil leak maybe it wouldn't be as bad.

My wife's from upstate NY. I've heard all about frost-heaves. :gonk:

ratbert90 posted:

This picture is magical. :allears:

It looks like a engineering student's wet dream while high on pcp.

It somehow manages to be worse than the timing chain location on Audi 2.7t engines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Geoj posted:

No joke, there's a fairly common saying in Germany that roughly translates to "why go the easy route when you can make it more complicated?" It's usually used as an answer to a question such as yours. Everybody will understand, shrug and just go "oh yeah, makes sense".