Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Jojo should totally have an SRPG. It's already got a stat system and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LvK posted:

A striker system seems perfect for a Jojo game.

But I also just managed to barely catch myself from posting (minor) spoilers because I thought this was the other thread, d'oh.
Speedwagon's hat was made to be a striker.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Splatterhouse would be a decent style for at least Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

CodfishCartographer posted:

All I want in life is a God Hand JoJo clone, where d-pad controls your stand and face buttons control the user - both analog sticks are for dodging posing.

FTFY

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Eeevil posted:

Jojo should totally have an SRPG. It's already got a stat system and everything.

I guess Joseph would be the White Mage of the group, due to the Ripple and all.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

It sucks that the Death 13 episodes cut this part out from the manga.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Fat_Cow posted:

It sucks that the Death 13 episodes cut this part out from the manga.

It's amazing how, in a series that's already pretty homoerotic, CLAMP still manages to make a yaoi pairing of the series really weird.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Clamp in Wonderland loving owns, but do not read it yet because it has some major spoilers.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I saw the little animated short they made over a decade ago. Why did I not think to check for manga to match?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bell_ posted:

I saw the little animated short they made over a decade ago. Why did I not think to check for manga to match?

It is really really short and really really spoilerific. The cover for it is awesome though.

I still don't know why Sonic is there.

Didnt Clamp end up making some anime thing about a knockoff jotaro and knockoff kakyoin being lovers or something?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I regret nothing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Mango Polo posted:

Great episode. But why the hell are they still doubting each other when one of them says something freaky is going on. By now they might have learned that said freaky stuff only happens because of other stand users.

As you are soon to learn, it's because the entire team is filled with sadistic assholes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

only insane people and joseph get stands

well maybe also the 4th jojo but this isn't the thread for that

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 16, 2014

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

only insane people and joseph get stands

well maybe also the 4th jojo but this isn't the thread for that
Avdol had his poo poo together, and Hol Horse seems like an rear end in a top hat but not a madman.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Abdul wasn't around long enough for us to see his inner demons like we did with kakyoin and polnareff.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I think Jojo could work as a versus fighting game, but it would have to be very nontraditional. Something with a bigger emphasis on locational damage than regular health bars, and maybe with large and complex arenas that could be designed so that a lot of unique stand powers would have use in them.
Power Stone: Jojo Edition. Make it happen, Capcom.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

I think Jojo could work as a versus fighting game, but it would have to be very nontraditional. Something with a bigger emphasis on locational damage than regular health bars, and maybe with large and complex arenas that could be designed so that a lot of unique stand powers would have use in them.

Maybe, and with something where you can set up traps and combos using the area around you. I could even see teamwork being a thing.

You could also have an asymmetrical kind of play, where it's one overpowered villain stand user versus a team of 4 heroes.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Eeevil posted:

Do you mean like this?

(Oh wait, SRPG, not just RPG. Whoops!)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
A JoJo fighting game should be like the deadliest warrior game where you can lose limbs easily, but without the the whole bleeding out in seconds thing.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Eeevil posted:

There is a Jojo roguelike, but it focuses on a specific villain in another part.

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Gif of this week, linked just in case.
http://imgur.com/1FihKre

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

rhoga posted:

Gif of this week, linked just in case.
http://imgur.com/1FihKre

The third face reminds me of Anpanman. :downs:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I like the four pigtails with little red bows on them that show up for like 2 frames.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Rewatching the episode, I like the dubstep scorpion.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they already made a jojo fighting game back in the 90s and it was one of the best in the era what the christ is wrong with you people

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Never Enough.

Bonus points to everyone who's unwilling to play the existing games because they spoil that Jotaro is gonna ORA ORA the gently caress out of DIO & his gang.

quakster fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Aug 17, 2014

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Tarezax posted:

I like the four pigtails with little red bows on them that show up for like 2 frames.

An animation error it looks like. Probably be fixed in the blu-ray.

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

they already made a jojo fighting game back in the 90s and it was one of the best in the era what the christ is wrong with you people

An HD update to that with the tourney-banned characters rebalanced would be nice.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spacedad posted:

An HD update to that with the tourney-banned characters rebalanced would be nice.
What's an HD update to a game with sprites gonna do? It already got a decent re-release with online play.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

quakster posted:

What's an HD update to a game with sprites gonna do? It already got a decent re-release with online play.

I had no idea about that. What'd it get released on?

Edit: Apparently it WAS an HD release. On 360 and PS3.

Too bad it's not on steam, like the Capcom remaster/remix of the Dungeon and Dragons game(s) was.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 17, 2014

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Probably a license thing, a whole bunch of things would probably need a separate license for a PC release, or maybe Capcom just didn't feel like competing with :filez:. The PS3/360 release is hella good, though. The online works fine and the game is just as good (and not HD, that's just a buzzword) as it ever was.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
the HD re-release is actually Really poo poo. All characters have the same defense value at all times, which completely ruins the mechanic where you take less damage by taking your stand out at the risk of being open to guard crushes, and makes the Super Broken Character take as much damage as anyone else (who you can use in ranked matches for some reason gg capcom) so he has no weaknesses at all.

there's also more glitches, none of the bonus modes from the ps1/dreamcast versions, hosed up sound quality and none of the extra features the darkstalkers/third strike HD versions got despite costing twice as much. This was AFTER the game was patched, before it was essentially unplayable.

just play ggpo, which has better netcode, way more players and a ghetto training mode if you mess with some settings

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 17, 2014

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Maybe Capcom could reattain the license and make a ne- bahahahahahaha.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

yeah strekken: jojo edition would be great

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

quakster posted:

What's an HD update to a game with sprites gonna do?

High resolution sprites are a thing that exist. In the Jojo's HD case, though, it looks more like they just used one of those grody rear end SNES emulator filters; so, it looks less like
or and more like a greasy rear end

Pomp fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Aug 17, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Isn't that exactly what they did though?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Spacedad posted:

I had no idea about that. What'd it get released on?

Edit: Apparently it WAS an HD release. On 360 and PS3.

Too bad it's not on steam, like the Capcom remaster/remix of the Dungeon and Dragons game(s) was.

The D&D game didn't have redrawn sprites like the Jojo HD release. There was only an option to change between lovely filters. It's actually really lame. On XBLA I felt I got my money's worth with Jojo HD, with D&D on Steam I felt scammed.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

ASB on PC please.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Several days later, I'm still giggling at :smug: Kakyoin at the end.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

ASB on PC please.

it was the top 10 best selling game in japan of 2013 and CC2 actively wants to make a sequel, pray for that instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

darealkooky posted:

it was the top 10 best selling game in japan of 2013 and CC2 actively wants to make a sequel, pray for that instead.

Better idea: pray it'll be better.

• Locked thread