Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
If you have photoshop

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtoqcmytv43ztfr/RSCLUE%20PUZZLE.psd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maide
Aug 21, 2008

There's a Starman waiting in the sky...
I picked up the Yacht Rock and No Doubt DLCs this week; having a great time with both of those. If anyone skipped out on them, they're pretty fun.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
The No Doubt set has some great bass charts. I knew what to expect from Don't Speak from the custom that was floating around, but Spiderwebs caught me off guard.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Crappy cleaned-up version

Six people in front of some space? Wearing space suits and one has a helmet? Maybe...

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Its the bunch of dudes just hanging out in space band.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

JHVH-1 posted:

Its the bunch of dudes just hanging out in space band.

Hum + two interns (who are supposed to be cleaning up all that mess)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I was hoping it was DEVO but that's one too many guys.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Someone in the ubisoft forum said Funkadelic which would be awesome. Hum or Devo would be amazing as well.

But it probably won't be any of these.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

King Vidiot posted:

I was hoping it was DEVO but that's one too many guys.

I thought it was a pile of GARBAGE but it turns out there's more people lounging around at the front. Nine or ten people?

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Here's a pic of Broken Social Scene holding TVs and poo poo

Not the same pose but it could explain square space helmet head there

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Clearly that's an arrow on top pointing to a guys helmet so the band is Helmet.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

baka kaba posted:

I thought it was a pile of GARBAGE but it turns out there's more people lounging around at the front. Nine or ten people?

They've already made that song pack.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

JHVH-1 posted:

Clearly that's an arrow on top pointing to a guys helmet so the band is Helmet.

Good call! Or maybe, thank you google for introducing this band to me, Turd Helmet

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

baka kaba posted:

Here's a pic of Broken Social Scene holding TVs and poo poo

Not the same pose but it could explain square space helmet head there

I think there is almost every Brooklyn hipster stereotype in that photo. D:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I would love this actually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgGyX7WPxuQ

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mostly picked out some thin ones. They're all Dunlops. Tortex regular and Jazz IIIs, I think an Ultex, some others. Not so much the crazy shapes as just trying out some thinner picks, because I feel like that's what I want. We'll see if I'm right.

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Its Duran Duran

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
What's the chance of there ever being released a good set of blues songs to Rocksmith? Because a Bluessmith expansion would be amazing.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

hmm, my bloody valentine?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

please be true

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

sether01 posted:

please be true

That was Spandau Ballet

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
The RS forums have already guessed it but here's where the picture in the clue is from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQLTwbz1OY&t=269s possibly :nws: or not, whatever.

Chalupa Joe fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Aug 17, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Stone Temple Pilots?

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Chalupa Joe posted:

The RS forums have already guessed it but here's where the picture in the clue is from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQLTwbz1OY&t=269s possibly :nws: or not, whatever.

So it has to be Duran Duran then, awesome.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Well, this is another one that I buy first day. What songs do you think will be in it?

I'm thinking Rio, View to a Kill, and Hungry like the Wolf. Girls on Film would be fun on guitar, though.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Chalupa Joe posted:

That movie looks horrible, the only reason I think it's considered some kind of cult classic is because Jodie Foster was loving hot back then.

e: note to self: don't close a window and try to remember a name by memory anymore.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 17, 2014

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

OhDearGodNo posted:

That movie looks horrible, the only reason I think it's considered some kind of cult classic is because Jodie Foster was loving hot back then.

Jane Fonda, it literally says her name right in the title of that YouTube video.

Also Jodie Foster would've been like 6 when that movie came out. :roflolmao:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

Jane Fonda, it literally says her name right in the title of that YouTube video.

Also Jane Fonda would've been like 6 when that movie came out. :roflolmao:

I have the worst short term memory on this planet.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 17, 2014

Angry Guacamole
Dec 2, 2007

Oh God run away

Don't you taunt me, I just ordered a copy of this after I gave my first one to my dad. I've always wanted to learn their stuff.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

OhDearGodNo posted:

e: note to self: don't close a window and try to remember a name by memory anymore.

yeah i could never get through it. jane fonda is p hot though yeah

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Haha wow, that movie looks ridiculous. I need to see it.

TheArtist 314
Dec 25, 2004

What is your purpose?!

I just wanna rock!
Barbarella owns bones, Jane Fonda's sexy as hell, it doesn't take itself seriously at all, and it's on Netflix. Watch Barbarella.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

hardest bass song released for 2014 so far imo

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!

toymach1ne posted:

It's also the type of song where I really don't have faith in most people charting it out correctly as far as customs are concerned, so I'm going to be really curious about this pack.

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

toymach1ne posted:

If you google search, as I did a few years back, "easy bass songs", one of the first results is a random forum debating which songs are good for beginners to pick up. One person said something like "well, I don't know if it's easy, but I really like the bassist from Duran Duran!"

Over the next hour or so, I had all enthusiasm and hope drained from my body. I'm really looking forward to giving this a shot now that I know a little more.

edit: seriously check this out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr3HCNIgv40

Macavity fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
Duran Duran Song Pack – $7.99

Duran Duran “Hungry Like The Wolf”
Duran Duran “Rio”
Duran Duran “Ordinary World”

All Songs in E Standard (Lead/Rhythm/Bass)