Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Fateo McMurray posted:

Jesus do you buy every game and always record or something?
I have pretty much all of the retail PS4 games that are out aside from the sports titles.
And it's just the first year of the console.

I didn't want to deal with the hassle of deleting games every time I bought a new game to make room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
i have over 100 gigs of recorded stuff :(

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Anybody up for some last of us multiplayer tonight?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

timeandtide posted:

Next week sounds very nice for releases after a few weeks of summer game drought. Stolen from Yechezekel's PSN thread:

Counterspy
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Hotline Miami
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
The Last Tinker: City of Colors

I won't buy all of these ASAP, but I'm at least interested in all of them.
drat, I was hoping Minecraft would be out next week. Maybe on the 26th.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

JazzFlight posted:

I have pretty much all of the retail PS4 games that are out aside from the sports titles.
And it's just the first year of the console.

I didn't want to deal with the hassle of deleting games every time I bought a new game to make room.

You seem rich. I'll be your BFF and play all games with you. Just buy them for me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fateo McMurray posted:

Maybe that planet just happened to be small. If they're procedurally generated maybe they are random in size too.

I think they said they fudged things a little with the E3 stuff and that normally everything isn't that close together.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I might end up getting a new HDD just because I do a lot of videos and editing so I save a ton of clips.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Brodie posted:

Anybody up for some last of us multiplayer tonight?

Totally, I'm gonna buy it right now. PSN: auspace

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Never thought I'd ask this question, but any tips for performing heart surgery?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

acksplode posted:

Totally, I'm gonna buy it right now. PSN: auspace

Psn Harton84 - leaving work now

Any other losers with nothing to do on a Friday night wanna shiv mans?

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.

JazzFlight posted:

drat, I was hoping Minecraft would be out next week. Maybe on the 26th.

Mojang said they were late fixing a few bugs and that they just submitted it for certification earlier this week, so yeah August 26th is a good bet as long as it passes cert.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Brodie posted:

Psn Harton84 - leaving work now

Any other losers with nothing to do on a Friday night wanna shiv mans?

I'm in too - acook666

TeamJesus fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Aug 16, 2014

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
I can't figure out how to actually join the game, only the chat.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

http://www.amazon.com/Sleeping-Dogs-Definitive-Edition-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B00MA5TSFQ/ref=pd_sim_vg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1Z7V52ZAJAE9BC23DRCM

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

$59.99? gently caress off.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

BrownThunder posted:

Don't worry, much like Tomb Raider just buy it two months later for $29.99. The "Square Tax" was common in the early DS days in Japan/US too with all their port and remakes, like clockwork. $10 more at launch, wait two months and get it for a more normal price for what it is.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BrownThunder posted:

Seriously. All that can be had for like $10 on Steam if your timing is right, unless it's some crazy graphical overhaul compared to that version.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
I enjoyed playing Sleeping Dogs as the XBL Games with Gold choice from months back :shobon:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

univbee posted:

Actually he's right. An SSHD works by having a small SSD, usually something like 8 gigs, working as a fast access cache and moving whatever data is commonly accessed there. If you are swapping games around a lot it doesn't take advantage of the SSD area and is more frequently copying from the traditional spinning platter HDD space. An SSHD usually speeds up a PC because the OS naturally ends up there, resulting in faster boot times and the like, while as data-only it has dubious benefits unless you're always accessing the same few gigs of data.

But doesn't this also apply to a console? So an SSHD will make a PS4 boot faster too? That's worth something. And the idea of a person picking one game and playing just that for a fair while is not exactly rare. There have also been tests showing an SSHD offering load time improvements almost on the level of an SSD though it may not apply to all games.

Really, I just wish a company would release a selection of high-grade 2.5" SSHDs with more solid-state memory. Like 16, 32 or 64GB.

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.
I bought some gold headsets today. I'm getting a weird kind of crackling sound on ps4. Anything in doing, games or Netflix etc. I plugged in to my vita, and tried wireless on ps3 and pc and they were fine. Plugged in to the controller is getting similar results to wireless. Anyone have similar issues or have any solutions? Whats wrong with my ps4?

Skeematic fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 16, 2014

Dr Geek
Jan 28, 2007
I'm going to bed now but add me if you wanna play TLOU multiplayer, psn is Unclecaveman69

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

But doesn't this also apply to a console? So an SSHD will make a PS4 boot faster too?

No, the console's OS isn't on the hard drive.

You'd get slightly faster loading times on some games, but it's a small improvement for a lot of money.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Skeematic posted:

I bought some gold headsets today. I'm getting a weird kind of crackling sound on ps4. Anything in doing, games or Netflix etc. I plugged in to my vita, and tried wireless on ps3 and pc and they were fine. Plugged in to the controller is getting similar results to wireless. Anyone have similar issues or have any solutions? Whats wrong with my ps4?

It's the side talk thing, to let you hear yourself. I forget the fix, it was in the last thread.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Avenging_Mikon posted:

It's the side talk thing, to let you hear yourself. I forget the fix, it was in the last thread.

That's just a really subtle white noise sound. It goes away if you press the mute button.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

BreakAtmo posted:

But doesn't this also apply to a console? So an SSHD will make a PS4 boot faster too? That's worth something. And the idea of a person picking one game and playing just that for a fair while is not exactly rare. There have also been tests showing an SSHD offering load time improvements almost on the level of an SSD though it may not apply to all games.

Really, I just wish a company would release a selection of high-grade 2.5" SSHDs with more solid-state memory. Like 16, 32 or 64GB.

Put a 1tb SSHD in my ps4, works great, really only play one game at a time. The speed really pays off when loading in the games. Install is based on the blu-ray drive so the HD doesn't matter. Don't really plan to have 20 games installed at once.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Aug 16, 2014

Skeematic
Jan 18, 2003

Yikes.

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Yeah I thought that at first as well, but I set it to off and the crackling didn't stop. I should have also explained that I've tried just normal sony headphones without a mic and that one ear bud plugged in to the controller and get the same crackling, with the bonus of controller lag, not just the golds.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
No Man's Sky without proper resource extraction and galactic trading is going to be useless.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

limaCAT posted:

No Man's Sky without proper resource extraction and galactic trading is going to be useless.

Yes indeed a game about exploring brave new worlds will be terrible without an X/Eve like spreadsheet simulator attached.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limaCAT posted:

There are NPCs to trade with and you'll need to upgrade your suit, equipment and ship. You don't even start with a ship they say.

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

limaCAT posted:

Do you remember the 60 minutes limitation on Share Play? Apparently according to Eurogamer that's not a too terrible limitation, you have to invite your friend and play with him 60 minutes per session, then the system disconnects your friend and you have to re-invite your friend to your session. Still I can't see a good title to use it outside Towerfall, Mercenary Kings or even Cod's split-screen PVP.

It's not just co-op though, SharePlay allows your remote friend to play an hour of whatever game you have set up for him.

cvg.com posted:

(PlayStation Europe boss Jim) Ryan also clarified that players who take control of a game remotely will be able to play both the single and multi player modes in that game - even without PS Plus membership - but they will not be able to play multiplayer with the person they are sharing from without a PS Plus membership.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Gonna be streaming P.T. from the beginning in a few if anyone cares to watch.

http://www.twitch.tv/allisonbyproxy

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Until dawn looks fun but in the SH Shattered Memories mind gently caress sort of way? I dunno I stopped playing that game after my cellhphone disappeared and I was talking to an icicle while naked aliens groped me.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Woo, I finished completing the entire open world in Infamous: Second Son. I'm not looking forward to doing a hard or evil playthrough for a platinum but I at least feel accomplished doing the open world stuff.

Oh and why in the world is the PS4 version of AC 4 advertising Rogue if it's last gen only? Anyway on to completing AC IV!

(Oh, and my controllers now only charge to 2/3 bars before the lightbar goes out and refuses to charge further.

Is anyone still interested in Killzone Multiplayer? I feel like it is pretty decent but playing it alone is a pain.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
I just realized that you can use the controller USB cable to charge the Gold headset instead of relying on the pathetically short one included in the box.

Please feel free to laugh at me.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
For any Australian goons, it looks like the red and blue controllers are now stocked. I saw some up on the wall in a JB Hifi.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Puddin posted:

For any Australian goons, it looks like the red and blue controllers are now stocked. I saw some up on the wall in a JB Hifi.

How much are they? Ozgameshop offers them for AU$82.99 with free shipping.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps4-accessories

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Ularg posted:

Oh and why in the world is the PS4 version of AC 4 advertising Rogue if it's last gen only? Anyway on to completing AC IV!

Because it is?

Unity is ps4/bone/pc only. Rogue has no MP and is last gen only.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

From the last page, but it's funny hearing people arguing about digital vs physical media. As long as I can sell my disc to some guy on craiglsist for $50 after I accitently buy a crappy game Physical media is king. It's probably irrelevant on a tech level but I like that I can sell it. Also, not downloading 20-50 gig files and having to rely on the ridiculously unreliable PSN store is nice.

I'll always swap discs until some sort of viable resale option for downloads pops up and PSN doesn't suck.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Aug 16, 2014

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

NESguerilla posted:

From the last page, but it's funny hearing people arguing about digital vs physical media. As long as I can sell my disc to some guy on craiglsist for $50 after I accitently buy a crappy game Physical media is king. It's probably irrelevant on a tech level but I like that I can sell it. Also, not downloading 20-50 gig files and having to rely on the ridiculously unreliable PSN store is nice.

I'll always swap discs until some sort of viable resale option for downloads pops up and PSN doesn't suck.

It's all a matter of perspective I guess. For me never having to worry about swapping discs or having someone else scratch one, and having my entire collection instantly on hand and not cluttering up my garage is easily worth the 30 bucks or whatever I lose in a trade-in every now and then. In a perfect world digital copies will eventually have discounted prices even at launch in line with physical copies, but until then personally for me the convenience is worth the money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valar Morghulis
Jul 20, 2014

All Men Must Die

BreakAtmo posted:

How much are they? Ozgameshop offers them for AU$82.99 with free shipping.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps4-accessories

On-line price of $88. Assume it would be that in store as well.

• Locked thread