Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
^^^^^^
This guy knows what's up.

BreakAtmo posted:

How much are they? Ozgameshop offers them for AU$82.99 with free shipping.

http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps4-accessories

$88. If I were getting a second, I'd take the $5 hit so I wouldn't have to wait the three weeks it normally takes my games to come from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Puddin posted:

^^^^^^

$88. If I were getting a second, I'd take the $5 hit so I wouldn't have to wait the three weeks it normally takes my games to come from them.

Does it really take that long? For me it almost never reaches 2 weeks.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

monkeu posted:

It's all a matter of perspective I guess. For me never having to worry about swapping discs or having someone else scratch one, and having my entire collection instantly on hand and not cluttering up my garage is easily worth the 30 bucks or whatever I lose in a trade-in every now and then. In a perfect world digital copies will eventually have discounted prices even at launch in line with physical copies, but until then personally for me the convenience is worth the money.

I also like having all my games on the console at once, but there's the added benefit of being able to share games with one other person with no penalty. It was incredibly easy to do on the PS3, but on the PS4 all you have to do is set their account to be the main one on your own PS4 to share your libraries without having your save files and trophies tied to another account, or kicked out when they log in. You can even play online multiplayer with a single copy in both cases.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can never consider digital to be superior without backwards compatibility. At the end of the day I can at least sell my games if my PS3 dies and I can't recover it. The same doesn't go for digital which have a hard shelf life of "whenever Sony stops making PS3s/stops supporting PS3" and will probably be the same for the PS4.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm pretty sure you can still purchase PSX/PSOne pretty easily, and I can't see that being any different for a PS2 or even 3 currently, given the trend and how cheap they are to produce.

The only big thing seems to be PSP and maybe the PSN associated with that.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Better off getting a PS2 or PS3 if one needs PS1 titles, my PS1 laser lost the ability to read game data (maybe even audio CDs) two evenings ago. 19 years of life.

The PS3 has stuff that aged very well, it's required to transfer some stuff to Vita still, if Destiny feels like it doesn't hold my interest I think I'll finally get that replacement PS3 purchased. PS2s have a drive speed peculiarity with PS1 games, some read and load faster than others in some games, yet slower in others, both slims and fats.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I'm extremely lazy so I go digital.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Games that I will probably play until way past the ability to resell them for a decent return like, say, Destiny I will buy digital. Games I will play and enjoy but get sick of or have no replay value (like Call of Duty or Batman) I will buy physical so I can resell. Best of both worlds.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Puddin posted:

^^^^^^

Everything I've ever ordered from them has taken at least 3 weeks. Not complaining about it as you know it's normally heaps cheaper than buying here so I didn't care.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Ularg posted:

Woo, I finished completing the entire open world in Infamous: Second Son. I'm not looking forward to doing a hard or evil playthrough for a platinum but I at least feel accomplished doing the open world stuff.

I'm doing my expert run through now and it's not as painful as I thought it would be. My trouble spots including ENDGAME the Eugene fight and breaking apart the DUP platform before Augustine's first fight I've managed to get through in much less trouble than I did on my normal run - and playing to evil means being reckless which is heaps more fun. And now I know that I can totally ignore TV powers because they're the worst.

Puddin posted:

For any Australian goons, it looks like the red and blue controllers are now stocked. I saw some up on the wall in a JB Hifi.

Additional heads up - the Brisbane Costco was selling DS4's for $61.99 the other week. Black only, but still. Games were all around $60 as well.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

Ularg posted:

Woo, I finished completing the entire open world in Infamous: Second Son. I'm not looking forward to doing a hard or evil playthrough for a platinum but I at least feel accomplished doing the open world stuff.

Oh and why in the world is the PS4 version of AC 4 advertising Rogue if it's last gen only?

I did my expert run first, that way I figure I can just mess around and enjoy the second one on easy.

It's Ubisoft, they're going to ship an HD remaster of it next year along with 2 more iterations. In a few years we'll be getting 3-4 AC games per year until people finally tire of it (they never will).

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Re: Digital; the fact you can buy one game and play it on two systems has alone made digital worth it to me for so many titles. I can't count how many PS+ and purchased games I have played multiplayer on two systems and only had to buy one copy. Haven't done it for the PS4 yet, but I am already buying some games digitally for when we get a second PS4.

Also, I have posted about this many times before, but if you buy a lot of games on PSN you need to get a Sony rewards card. 10% back on everything you purchase on PSN!

revolther
May 27, 2008
Should be interesting to see if Hohokum retains any cuteness and goodwill after 5 days of bullshit and buyer's remorse from the launch debacle some experienced.

Restoring licenses and downloading yet again.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

ImpAtom posted:

I can never consider digital to be superior without backwards compatibility. At the end of the day I can at least sell my games if my PS3 dies and I can't recover it. The same doesn't go for digital which have a hard shelf life of "whenever Sony stops making PS3s/stops supporting PS3" and will probably be the same for the PS4.

I won't pay full price for digital, but once games get to the $15 mark I will buy them without much thought. I also like having games that are fun in 20 minute bursts saved digitally out of convenience.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FishBulb posted:

Games that I will probably play until way past the ability to resell them for a decent return like, say, Destiny I will buy digital. Games I will play and enjoy but get sick of or have no replay value (like Call of Duty or Batman) I will buy physical so I can resell. Best of both worlds.
I totally planned to do this, after buying a Vita on pure trade-in credit from launch games. But, I'm also dumb, so I preordered Destiny on disc, and bought literally everything else, including games I played last gen and will never complete again, digitally. Dumb. :(

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Ularg posted:

Is anyone still interested in Killzone Multiplayer? I feel like it is pretty decent but playing it alone is a pain.

I still play every once in a while. I can only play for so long because it just becomes a huge clusterfuck after a while.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

About 50% of Tearaway: Unfolded will be new content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Xp3fqfj8o&t=191s 3:12

:dance:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Didn't tearaway not sell at all on the Vita?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

abagofcheetos posted:

Re: Digital; the fact you can buy one game and play it on two systems has alone made digital worth it to me for so many titles. I can't count how many PS+ and purchased games I have played multiplayer on two systems and only had to buy one copy. Haven't done it for the PS4 yet, but I am already buying some games digitally for when we get a second PS4.

Also, I have posted about this many times before, but if you buy a lot of games on PSN you need to get a Sony rewards card. 10% back on everything you purchase on PSN!

When you buy a digital, you can only install it twice?

Vinz Clortho
Jul 19, 2004

You can install it as many times as you like, but you can run a single copy of a digital game on two systems simultaneously. In other words you can share it with one other person.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Tenzarin posted:

When you buy a digital, you can only install it twice?

Beaten, but yeah, you can share with one other system. There are two PS3s here, so we use it to play multiplayer games coop or whatever and only need to buy one game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The gist of how it works:

PS3 can activate two consoles. Those two consoles can then run whatever software is installed using your account with any other account. The owning account can't sign into a third PS3 and play.
PS4 can activate one console. You can then play with that same account using another console, but only if you're signed into PSN. Some people are game sharing with a friend by having their friend activate on their PS4 and they activate on their friend's, although this will put you in weird territory if PSN goes down at your home (you can play your friend's games but not your own).

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

davecrazy posted:

Didn't tearaway not sell at all on the Vita?

Well it's a Vita game so I mean...

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

It sold very poorly. Even among other vita titles it stood out as a flop

Galactic
Mar 25, 2009

Planetary
Just picked up The Last of Us, Wolfenstein, and Watch Dogs. Have not played any of them besides 10 minutes of Watch Dogs, which should I start with?

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Start off with Watch Dogs so you can begin in hell and battle your soul skyward to heaven.

Or so you can return it if you dislike it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

timeandtide posted:

Start off with Watch Dogs so you can begin in hell and battle your soul skyward to heaven.

Or so you can return it if you dislike it.

Watch Dogs, more like Watch Slogs, am I right?

It does have the most unlikeable protagonist of the three games, if that affects your gaming choices.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

I have all the achievements on steam, the PS3 platinum, and will soon have the PS4 platinum for this game as well. GOTY 2012.

revolther
May 27, 2008
I realize the PS3 had strange, non-standard architecture, but any responsible devhouse is going to be capable of kicking out these remasters.

Sleeping dogs was fun, but do we really gotta buy it 3 times before a sequel is justified?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I heard in watchdogs that there is no law on the high seas! Good sea crime.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I thought they already announced a sequel. Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars.

But yeah 59.99 for a remastered last gen game? Yeah no.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

revolther posted:

I realize the PS3 had strange, non-standard architecture, but any responsible devhouse is going to be capable of kicking out these remasters.

Sleeping dogs was fun, but do we really gotta buy it 3 times before a sequel is justified?

PS4 remasters of PS3 exclusives will be tough (the only one so far, TLOU Remastered, was apparently “hell"), but most multiplatform games last gen had an x86 PC version that would make a port quite easy.

Shindragon posted:

It's slightly justified by the fact that all that DLC is bundled in, but yeah, still pretty bullshit when you compare to Metro Redux or the Master Chief Collection.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Aug 16, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shindragon posted:

I don't get this pricing structure. The remasters of PS2 games had a greater improvement from the PS2 to the PS3, but they were still sold for $30. Why do they think they can get away with full price for a much smaller improvement?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't get this pricing structure. The remasters of PS2 games had a greater improvement from the PS2 to the PS3, but they were still sold for $30. Why do they think they can get away with full price for a much smaller improvement?

Square Enix

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Because it's early in the generation and next-gen consoles don't have many games. The first of the notable HD Collections that kicked off the trend (God of War) didn't come until over 3 years after the PS3 was released.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
There's no reason to sell them for $30 out of the gate when some people will pay full price, while those that won't will just wait for price drops. They're selling a similar number of copies in the end, but with a non-insignificant amount at a higher price.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I have to wonder how much money it takes these days for a developer to do a remake of a last gen game. Considering how close the PS4 architecture is to PC, is it really just a matter of porting the PC version?

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Zinkraptor posted:

It sold very poorly. Even among other vita titles it stood out as a flop

Which is such a pity, because it is a wonderful game that ends so beautifully.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
For those of you who don't know what it is, one of next week's releases, The Last Tinker: City of Colors is a a fully 3D platformer in the style of Banjo/Koozie and Jak & Dakter (i.e., you're collecting lots of things, larger interlocked worlds, etc.) that looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2goONJ73rw#t=59

If it's the same price as the PC release ($19.99) I'll hold off for a sale in the -$15 range, but goons interested in a return to late 90s era platformers instead of "quirky 2D sidescroller" may be interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
The end credits of Wolfenstein features one of the worst songs I've ever heard. Why they went with that instead of generic metal is beyond me.

• Locked thread