Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Rexicon1 posted:

Florida is one of the most ethnically, culturally and ecologically diverse states in the nation and on top of it, it is beautiful as hell.

I'm sorry you had a bad time because your parents took you to a lovely motel in central Florida and spent most of the time suffocating yourself in a buffet line.

GelatinSkeleton posted:

Yeah I am trying to figure out where in Florida most of these people went. DIsney World I guess? I went there once but I was a little kid so I loved it. Everywhere else in Florida I've been is gorgeous, and owns.

I was born and raised in south Florida. The photos Rexicon1 posted are a lot closer to my experience growing up there than all the "lol Florida" junk people post. Yeah, stupid poo poo happens there. It's the fourth most populous state in the nation, it's bound to generate some nonsense.

Florida also exists in a bit of a cultural limbo. If you say it's the south, people who have never been outside of Miami or Orlando tell you Florida is not the south. Those people have obviously not spent time in Okeechobee, or White City, or Ft. Pierce, or (until recent years) Port St. Lucie. I still remember moving away from Florida for the first time, and realizing that grits, pickled pigs' feet, and 10-pound buckets of chitterlings were not necessarily available everywhere. Other people think Florida is a retirement state with nothing to offer if you're not on the edge of death. Or, all of Florida is made up of Cuban criminals and Haitian voodoo priests, because Dexter says so, and some people don't understand that Florida is not Miami.

I like Florida. There were many lovely things about my childhood, but living in Florida was not one of them. I grew up literally swimming with manatees, fishing from my back yard, and snorkeling over exotic location that most people only ever see on television. I am glad to see Florida dismissed as a lovely place to live, because the less people there, the better.

That concludes my defense of the state that murdered Trayvon Martin.

Edit:

Eschatos posted:

Gainesville is ok though

Holy poo poo.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 19:19 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
I never thought I'd see people white-knighting Florida. Holy gently caress.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

thanks for the funny walls of text pictures haha funny computer!

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Philip J Fry posted:

I never thought I'd see people white-knighting Florida. Holy gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPWqJlPYF5w

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
nm

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Centripetal Horse posted:

I was born and raised in south Florida. The photos Rexicon1 posted are a lot closer to my experience growing up there than all the "lol Florida" junk people post. Yeah, stupid poo poo happens there. It's the fourth most populous state in the nation, it's bound to generate some nonsense.

I was born and raised in Florida and it loving sucks hope this helps

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Eschatos posted:

Gainesville is ok though

How loving dare you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dove_World_Outreach_Center_Quran-burning_controversy

"Pastor" Terry Jones of Gainesville, FL

This is the rear end in a top hat whose Quran-burning threats and showings of Anti-Muslim propaganda set off the Benghazi Riots. Gainesville is the only town I've taught in where the first questions students asked me is which church I attended, and 7th grade girls showed up to school with "Kill Obama" bedazzled on their loving binders.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Quidam Viator posted:

How loving dare you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dove_World_Outreach_Center_Quran-burning_controversy

This is the rear end in a top hat whose Quran-burning threats and showings of Anti-Muslim propaganda set off the Benghazi Riots. Gainesville is the only town I've taught in where the first questions students asked me is which church I attended, and 7th grade girls showed up to school with "Kill Obama" bedazzled on their loving binders.

You crack me up, Funny Pictures Thread.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Every city and every state sucks. They all have their particular brand of crazy. It doesn't matter if it's pickacity, Florida or anywhere else. If there was truly some sort of goon paradise, y'all would find it and live there.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

Quidam Viator posted:

How loving dare you.

If your church pastor literally looks like he walked off the set of Sons of Anarchy, you might want to reconsider your church.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.
Looks like this thread needs to get smart before it tanks!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Pffft, no interleaved road wheels? Where's the efficiency in that?

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Quidam Viator posted:

Where the hell did you teach in Gainesville? No school I know of is like that (maybe Buccholz HS if anywhere, those guys were rednecks, GHS represent). Most of Gainesville is pretty liberal due to the university and Alachua County is usually the only dot of blue in presidential elections.

I like Florida. There were many lovely things about my childhood, but living in Florida was not one of them. I grew up literally swimming with manatees, fishing from my back yard, and snorkeling over exotic location that most people only ever see on television. I am glad to see Florida dismissed as a lovely place to live, because the less people there, the better.

:hfive: (I'm in Texas now but I really miss Florida sometimes. Don't miss the ginormous German roaches and palmetto bugs tho')

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Kanfy posted:

You crack me up, Funny Pictures Thread.

That's one ugly baby.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Rexicon1 posted:

Disney world is stupid unless you are a kid or are into irony.

Uh I just want to chime in here that Epcot loving owns as an adult because all you do is go around eating food and drinking booze represented from all over the world. :colbert:

Which is funny because as a kid I hated Epcot because there weren't any rides and you only really went there to eat. :v:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Also I believe every state has it's merits but you really have to find them. (except Indiana that state blows through and through)

Eb
May 6, 2003

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

a favorite of gbs 1.0 newsthreads

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

dialhforhero posted:

Also I believe every state has it's merits but you really have to find them. (except Indiana that state blows through and through)

Indiana has some really bitchin' conventions, but other than that you're spot on.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Erebus posted:

I have seen this in more than one occasion in Florida. It's the weirdest goddamn thing

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Soulex posted:

I have seen this in more than one occasion in Florida. It's the weirdest goddamn thing

I've seen that phenomenon many times, also. When I was living on the Gulf coast, I attended a school which had outdoor walkways everywhere. The walkways were maybe eight feet wide. I remember one day when it was actually raining on one side of the walkway, but not on the other. On my left, rain. On my right, no rain.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

I've seen that phenomenon many times, also. When I was living on the Gulf coast, I attended a school which had outdoor walkways everywhere. The walkways were maybe eight feet wide. I remember one day when it was actually raining on one side of the walkway, but not on the other. On my left, rain. On my right, no rain.

Mind telling us why you walked down the center instead of on the right?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Beach Bum posted:

It was raining on the right, duh.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Try to explain this to someone not from Florida and they think you're making poo poo up.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

RFC2324 posted:

It was raining on the right, duh.

What?

On my right, no rain.

I mean, maybe it was raining on the right. Maybe he just didn't remember right.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

Love, gromdul

Beach Bum posted:

The walkways were covered. The edge of the wall of rain was located somewhere in the space between the left and right sides of the walkway.

Soulex posted:

Try to explain this to someone not from Florida and they think you're making poo poo up.

It does sound like nonsense if you haven't seen it for yourself.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Literally Esoteric posted:

What?

I mean, maybe it was raining on the right. Maybe he just didn't remember right.

:thejoke:

Facts don't matter if its a good joke. it wasn't

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

I lived in Panama City when I was young and can confirm that it is close enough to the rest of the South to be considered "The South" and is a complete shithole with terrible schools and dirty beaches. And god forbid you try to do anything productive when the Spring Break tourists invade the area.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Bird making GBS threads directly into a soccer players mouth.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Here's the video https://vine.co/v/M37F1mB5IzB

That was one hell of a shot :stare:

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Parents ought to be ashamed of themselves.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Bird making GBS threads
Jesus christ you censor 2girls1cup but you DON'T censor this

the gently caress

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

You're not the boss of me, photocopied flyer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_2qC3L93-o

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Haruharuharuko posted:

Bird making GBS threads directly into a soccer players mouth.
It's bad enough to have a bird poo poo in your mouth, now there's video evidence of a bird making GBS threads in your mouth and the whole world can see it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

You can't make me give up on my dreams!!

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09N7LOyOq0 ha ha halol

Quidam Viator posted:

bGainesville, FL

Did is this where they make gainsz lol

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Away all Goats posted:

It's bad enough to have a bird poo poo in your mouth, now there's video evidence of a bird making GBS threads in your mouth and the whole world can see it.

Next time someone asks me what a catch-22 is, I'm sending them that picture.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Quidam Viator posted:

How loving dare you.

I've never met a single person in Gainesville who didn't despise Terry Jones(though to be fair I don't exactly bring him up often). Anyway he got ran out of town a year ago so that shitstain isn't even a factor any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

Erebus posted:

Stay classy, Polk County. I doubt any of you Florida apologists could go there and not change your view on the flaccid penis state.

• Locked thread