Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterslide Industry Lobbyist
Jun 18, 2003

ANYONE WANT SOME BARBECUE?

Lipstick Apathy

Lilleput posted:

I bought a washing machine intended for caravans because my appartment is small and the public laundry room situation is poo poo.

From a few pages back, but this style dryer work pretty well, although that particular model might be harder to find if there's only one on amazon for $100. Looking around online it looks like OXO sells stacking mesh racks too. The one I linked to can dry a few pairs of jeans, tshirts, and socks/underwear overnight. The only issue I have with it is that my shirt collars don't get shrunk back down from dryer heat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Hungus
Sep 28, 2001
Mine dispatcher says there's something wrong mitt deine kable.
Nap Ghost

gypsycabdriver posted:

$1700+/- for the rifle and $1090+/- for the Eotech EXPS3-4/magnifier combo. maybe $24 per Glock magazine.

Spot on except the custom 30 rnd mags are closer to $60 ea. I plan on converting it to SBR with a suppressor next year.

arts and craps
Nov 20, 2011
small price to pay to efficiently defend your home against brown people

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
That's a lot to pay for a remote hole punch

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

A ludicrous amount to pay for one of the worse triggers I've ever had the misfortune to feel. Interesting design but felt cheap. Felt like shooting wet farts which is actually the nice thing about it.

This was on a model from when they first came out a few years back.

bROW
Jun 3, 2009
Bought myself a new watch,a Rodina Bauhaus.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
8 of these

8 of these

1 of these

It's Diablo time

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Astrobastard posted:

8 of these

8 of these

1 of these

It's Diablo time

I am having a hard/hilarious time believing that "Rince Cochon" is a real beer brand name. However it's a Belgian strong ale so I'm 100 percent OK with it.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

strangemusic posted:

I am having a hard/hilarious time believing that "Rince Cochon" is a real beer brand name. However it's a Belgian strong ale so I'm 100 percent OK with it.

I'm no expert but it's loving fantastic, one of the best beers I've tried

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What does it mean, hog wash?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

colas posted:

What does it mean, hog wash?
Google tanslate says "chaser", as it is used in the context of drinks, I assume.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Flipperwaldt posted:

Google tanslate says "chaser", as it is used in the context of drinks, I assume.

I cant remember exactly but I think "rince" is "thirst-quenching" and Im guessing you know Cochon is "Pig" already. A few French people have laughed at the name but I've never really asked them why. I guessing its because I'm necking the "Thirst quenching pig"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
That or it translates to pig swill or something really close to it.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Astrobastard posted:

I cant remember exactly but I think "rince" is "thirst-quenching" and Im guessing you know Cochon is "Pig" already. A few French people have laughed at the name but I've never really asked them why. I guessing its because I'm necking the "Thirst quenching pig"
Rince is exactly what rinse is in English.

It's the thing you use to rinse your pig. I surmise that the pig in question is slang for your tongue in this case.

Maybe they're laughing because it's daft to use strong ale as a chaser or something.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

Maybe they're laughing because it's daft to use strong ale as a chaser or something.

Or because there's a cartoon pig drinking a beer and that is just wacky and/or off the chain. How can he even hold it with those hooves?

BoyMeetsWorld
Aug 31, 2006
Picked up a Moto E today. Should help me hobble along until the new Moto X or Nexus is released. My HTC One X just started to drop too many calls to be at all reliable. The Moto E is fine, you get what you pay for, but it makes me appreciate how great the HTC One X is, even for a 2+ year old phone.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Soundbot waterproof bluetooth speaker

I had always wanted a shower radio, but this is way better because I can listen to whatever the hell I want.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Please report back if that thing works for longer than a week. I haven't had any luck with any of them.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

To protect my surfings board.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read

Chinaman7000 posted:

Please report back if that thing works for longer than a week. I haven't had any luck with any of them.

I've ordered two of these 'generic' ones before. They're cheap and they work/sound great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Wirele...=item1e898cbcc5

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

I've ordered two of these 'generic' ones before. They're cheap and they work/sound great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Wirele...=item1e898cbcc5
Yeah, we have that exact one and it's been pretty solid for the two weeks we've had it.

We also got this one in Japan and it's worked for about four years. Good mileage.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Ontario Knife Company / Kukri

Just came in the mail. It was much lighter than I had anticipated and simultaneously much bigger. The customs official marked it sword from what they saw on x-ray. The balance of it is remarkably close to the handle. Its not that sharp out the box but Ill fix that later. The sheath/scabbard is not that good but it might be a good base for one. I dont think its meant to hold up to hanging upside down or during physical activity- theres a lot of play. But the knife itself is really nice and most reviews agree its the best bang-for-buck ratio.

I like it.

Photographed with the Spyderco Kiwi-3 for comparison.

There's a really good reason why I needed this. I'll just have to figure out what it is. Does anyone know what the odds are for the earth being very suddenly covered in dense shrub or that we will be attacked by aliens which are mostly neck and spindly limbs?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

wigbot v2.0 posted:

To protect my surfings board.

get pitted.

content:

preordered these 2 games

through some consumer voodoo (involving pricematching/promo at Target, then trading in to gamestop and taking advantage of their promos) I managed to preorder these for about $20 each out of pocket. :snoop:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hellbeard posted:

Just came in the mail. It was much lighter than I had anticipated and simultaneously much bigger. The customs official marked it sword from what they saw on x-ray. The balance of it is remarkably close to the handle. Its not that sharp out the box but Ill fix that later. The sheath/scabbard is not that good but it might be a good base for one. I dont think its meant to hold up to hanging upside down or during physical activity- theres a lot of play. But the knife itself is really nice and most reviews agree its the best bang-for-buck ratio.

I like it.

There's a really good reason why I needed this. I'll just have to figure out what it is. Does anyone know what the odds are for the earth being very suddenly covered in dense shrub or that we will be attacked by aliens which are mostly neck and spindly limbs?

Swords probably have less customs red tape than knives anyway.

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.
Tunes for the end of summer:

Something to make my bathroom smell nice:

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I've been looking for a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike that wasn't a cyclocross bike and was reasonable in price. I found it.

2014 Cannondale Quick CX 4

and for when it's raining
Jet Black M1 trainer

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hellbeard posted:

I like it.

Just say you enlisted with the Brigade of Gurkhas.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.
Camelbak Omega 3L Reservoir to insert into...

Mission Workshop/Acre Hauser 14L Hydration Pack to wear while on...

2014 Fuji Absolute 3.0 LE. Or while doing day hikes.

It's been an expensive weekend. :( And I still need to get a new u-lock, lights and poo poo for the bike.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Going on holiday in a couple of weeks and seeing as my DSLR got stolen I just wanted something to snap with. One of these for 60 delivered...

I'm not expecting to be amazed but anything is better than my iphone camera.

And the place I'll be snapping?

Majorca, a place I haven't been to since I was about 5.

Olympic Mathlete has a new favorite as of 00:52 on Aug 18, 2014

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

LTBS posted:

I've been looking for a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike that wasn't a cyclocross bike and was reasonable in price. I found it.

2014 Cannondale Quick CX 4

and for when it's raining
Jet Black M1 trainer

FYI hybrids are terrible. return it if you still can

edit:

CheshireCat posted:

2014 Fuji Absolute 3.0 LE. Or while doing day hikes.

It's been an expensive weekend. :( And I still need to get a new u-lock, lights and poo poo for the bike.
you too

TenementFunster has a new favorite as of 04:56 on Aug 18, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

TenementFunster posted:

FYI hybrids are terrible. return it if you still can

Two hybrids on the same page, one with an adjustable stem :negative:

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Please, don't shop-shame.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Hybrids are great if you like the worst parts of a lot of different bikes.

Buy a real bike.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
I'm very mad about your bike also

for content I just bought flights to America for mid-December through to late January :burger:

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

return them if you still can

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Chinaman7000 posted:

return them if you still can

Yeah, America is terrible r/n.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
hopefully it will be ok by the time I'm there

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

Fiestaware 11 piece set. To replace my Big Lots no name pots and pans.

Komachi 9 piece knife set. To replace the lovely, ancient, dull set I inherited from my grandparents a decade ago.

I'm not ashamed to admit I bought them, in part, because they were pretty :3:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
I just convinced my 55yo aunt to buy a cross bike over the lovely hybrids she was looking at and she loves it.

I've bought a lot of Canadian beer lately. Two growlers at fernie because I drove through twice which were ok but not great, a few tall bottles from Phillips and Nelson (some of the Phillips was meh), and a 6-pack of corne du diable ipa from brasserie dieu due ciel which I'm really liking. Some of the others from there I haven't like so much.

jamal has a new favorite as of 08:15 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
America is great if you like the worst parts of a lot of different countries.

Go to a real country.