Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I'm really mad that the dude giorno saved as a kid didn't turn out to be diavolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Can Jonny feel his balls?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DicktheCat posted:

Probably depends on the kind of paralysis he has. But most likely, no.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
So what happens to Pucci after Emporio kills him?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He dies.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
People die when they are killed.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

DicktheCat posted:

He was grabbing for Gyro's.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

darealkooky posted:

I'm really mad that the dude giorno saved as a kid didn't turn out to be diavolo

Well then what would be the point then? The only guy in Giorno's youth who had any good in them (other than his mother) and modeled his life after turns out to be a crazy, daughter-murdering rear end in a top hat. That'd be kind of a downer, and take even more wind out of the sails of already weak ending. "Giorno became boss. The End" becomes "Giorno became the boss because SOMEBODY had to, even though it's pointless because his dream was a delusion."

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

His mom had any good in her?

Anyway I dunno, "you inspired me to do something but you actually turned out to be an rear end in a top hat, so I'm gonna continue doing what you should've been doing" is a common enough thing. It's not like his dream is any more or less of a complete delusion if the dude that inspired it turns out to be an rear end in a top hat later because (especially since the other members of brunos gang all had basically the exact same dream). Besides, it'd give diavolo any sort of connection with the protagonist that isn't a meta one because out of all the people in the group he gave the least of a poo poo about trish.

That, and it just feels weird that the dude just stopped following him around out of nowhere.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Tobaccrow posted:

Well then what would be the point then? The only guy in Giorno's youth who had any good in them (other than his mother) and modeled his life after turns out to be a crazy, daughter-murdering rear end in a top hat. That'd be kind of a downer, and take even more wind out of the sails of already weak ending. "Giorno became boss. The End" becomes "Giorno became the boss because SOMEBODY had to, even though it's pointless because his dream was a delusion."

Honestly I kind of saw it as the latter anyway. Sure, you can say Giorno changed the gang in his image, but from the sound of it the entire group was full of terrible people from the start.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Momomo posted:

Honestly I kind of saw it as the latter anyway. Sure, you can say Giorno changed the gang in his image, but from the sound of it the entire group was full of terrible people from the start.

All the major people were already dead anyway, though. The only named Passione members who survived were Giorno, Mista, and Fugo. Mista and Fugo were probably not very good people, of course.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

darealkooky posted:

His mom had any good in her?
Whoops. I was misremembering what I read over 10 years ago (plus, it was the bad translation). I recalled his upbringing mirroring DIO's.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Tobaccrow posted:

Whoops. I was misremembering what I read over 10 years ago (plus, it was the bad translation). I recalled his upbringing mirroring DIO's.

The scans didn't even exist 10 years ago. You can just admit you made a mistake without an excuse y'know.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Uznare posted:

The scans didn't even exist 10 years ago. You can just admit you made a mistake without an excuse y'know.

Well I remember reading the early chapters late high school or early college. That was about a decade ago. Maybe there was a different group back then? :shrug: At any rate, I said I forgot.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Someone shared this on the website that must not be named, so I thought I'd share it here since we were discussing Purple Haze Feedback not all that long ago: http://chlpper.tumblr.com/post/94945517171/hey-there-heres-a-masterpost-of-all-the

Dead Man's Questions is pretty great. I didn't know that I needed more Kira, but I'm glad I have it. :dance:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 18, 2014

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Silver2195 posted:

All the major people were already dead anyway, though. The only named Passione members who survived were Giorno, Mista, and Fugo. Mista and Fugo were probably not very good people, of course.

Mista's alright. He's the bro of Part 5, in the tradition of Brokuyasu and Brolnareff.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HitTheTargets posted:

Mista's alright. He's the bro of Part 5, in the tradition of Brokuyasu and Brolnareff.

I think you're mistaking him for Fugbro.

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I think you're mistaking him for Fugbro.

Bros don't ditch in the middle of the story. :colbert:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

Sale, Zucchero and maybe Secco survived as well.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Someone shared this on the website that must not be named, so I thought I'd share it here since we were discussing Purple Haze Feedback not all that long ago: http://chlpper.tumblr.com/post/94945517171/hey-there-heres-a-masterpost-of-all-the

Dead Man's Questions is pretty great. I didn't know that I needed more Kira, but I'm glad I have it. :dance:

Thanks for that. Feedback was really good.

e. And now I wish Dead Man's Questions was a full series.

MelvinBison fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 18, 2014

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

HitTheTargets posted:

And Bromes.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I wonder if we're going to move from Part 3 to Part 4 as quickly as we moved from Part 2 to Part 3, or if it'll be streamlined now. Part 4 seems kind of a safe bet to me at this point assuming David doesn't manage to bungle the rest of the current anime.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Zorak posted:

I wonder if we're going to move from Part 3 to Part 4 as quickly as we moved from Part 2 to Part 3, or if it'll be streamlined now. Part 4 seems kind of a safe bet to me at this point assuming David doesn't manage to bungle the rest of the current anime.

It depends on if David wants to take on other projects. Considering that they're doing up to Egypt, taking three months off, then finishing part 3 it seems like they might be accepting their role as the Jojo studio for a long while.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Kabanaw posted:

It depends on if David wants to take on other projects. Considering that they're doing up to Egypt, taking three months off, then finishing part 3 it seems like they might be accepting their role as the Jojo studio for a long while.

I think the fact that JoJo is doing pretty well for them financially speaking is a big factor in it.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

MelvinBison posted:

e. And now I wish Dead Man's Questions was a full series.
Yeah, that was a pretty funky read. I want more of these side stories that I'll never get.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
At least Araki didn't forget about ghosts like how he forgot about aliens and the ripple. :unsmith:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

that's because kira is his self insert

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Soulcleaver posted:

At least Araki didn't forget about ghosts like how he forgot about aliens and the ripple. :unsmith:

He might not have been an alien! I think the bit with his mother was one of the best gags in part 4, just because in the end it never gets resolved one way or the other.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
He also sort of used aliens as a plot point in part 5, with the origins of the arrow. I'm glad he forgot about that though, because it was stupid.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kabanaw posted:

Don't see why David wouldn't continue with JoJo. It's safe money for years to come, and getting their hands on such a high-profile series is pretty much what has lifted them from obscurity. Why drop the series that's giving you both fame and fortune?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Cerebral Bore posted:

Don't see why David wouldn't continue with JoJo. It's safe money for years to come, and getting their hands on such a high-profile series is pretty much what has lifted them from obscurity. Why drop the series that's giving you both fame and fortune?

As much as I like JoJo, I would like to see them do more Lupin. They did an excellent job with that series.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Broseph Brostar posted:

As much as I like JoJo, I would like to see them do more Lupin. They did an excellent job with that series.

David Production only did minor inbetweening for that. They did not produce that show in any way. That was all TMS.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Uznare posted:

David Production only did minor inbetweening for that. They did not produce that show in any way. That was all TMS.

Yeah I was about to say, the reason people are so surprised with DP is how great they've treated jojo while being almost totally unknown. I was like, "wait the only thing DP did of note before JoJo was Ben-To, not mother fuckin Lupin anything"

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

I thought David Production did great work on Level E and The Book of Bantorra, so I was happy when I heard that Phantom Blood was in their hands. (Not that I'd read any Jojo at that point, but I wanted to.)

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Uznare posted:

Well that's great news, then I can get both series at once :v:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Ben-to may have been really really dumb, but I enjoyed it a lot. David did a great job on it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJolion is on hiatus next month, supposedly. :(

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Don't make me wait 2 months for more beatles. :saddowns:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Aurain posted:

JoJolion is on hiatus next month, supposedly. :(

Oh god that hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Thanks for posting this. I just finished reading Purple Haze Feedback and it was really good. It didn't have any contributions from Araki, right? Because the new Stands were really great and the author had a really good understanding of what made Stands unique. I think that reading this actually made me appreciate part 5 more, it was pretty good.

• Locked thread