Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Is it normal for holmgang missions to tell you to fight them way waaay far away from the actual arena? I tried farming the final boss but he kept spawning super far away, sometimes right near the melding.

For the like 4 times we tried, yes. We abandoned it and said "gently caress it" because it kept wanting us to go up onto the tops of hard to access mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Inimicul posted:

I know I buy as many as I can and am not the only one.
I have been thinking about buying as many beans as I can with credits, in anticipation of R5 doing something that will affect the market and put beans in higher demand.

Maybe I will be able to sell them later for far more credits than I used to purchase them. I am not good at speculative market management, so I am a bit scared to do this. I guess the good news is that they cannot depreciate in value any further.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Aug 16, 2014

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
If anyone needs to force-kill a locked up Firefall: the trick is to end the RedHanded.exe (sic) process in addition to firefall itself.

Apple Craft posted:

I have been thinking about buying as many beans as I can with credits, in anticipation of R5 doing something that will affect the market and put beans in higher demand.

Maybe I will be able to sell them later for far more credits than I used to purchase them. I am not good at speculative market management, so I am a bit scared to do this. I guess the good news is that they cannot depreciate in value any further.
They might also just remove the price fixing and let the bottom drop out of the market. If that happens, will you have the self control to wait for something else to change and bring the value back up?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
I wouldn't be surprised if r5 just buys them and floods the market with credits instead.

xxEightxx fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 16, 2014

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
The 20 days of free VIP that alot of beta vets have gotten at launch will run out soon, so that has probably the biggest effect on the bean market right now

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Ralith posted:

They might also just remove the price fixing and let the bottom drop out of the market. If that happens, will you have the self control to wait for something else to change and bring the value back up?
I have no idea what I am talking about. That would be the last thing I would expect R5 to do. I would think they'd manipulate the market by purchasing the red beans themselves before they'd devalue them so much that people literally have no reason to ever buy them. I have no idea what I am talking about.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
The Bean market is really bad. All of the Bean prices are way, way too high and credit costs undercut them by massive percentages. R5 needs to look at what people are willing to pay for items in credits and use those to re-price everything in Beans. On top of that there seems to be a ton of cosmetic items that are available on the marketplace but not for sale with Red Beans through the New U screen which makes them even less attractive.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

xxEightxx posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if r5 just buys them and floods the market with credits instead.

That's pretty loving smart. Why in the gently caress wouldn't they stealthily start doing this?

Coincide it with selling the 2 seater MGV for 400 beans. Problem pretty much destroyed, at least for a while.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Chinook posted:

That's pretty loving smart. Why in the gently caress wouldn't they stealthily start doing this?

Coincide it with selling the 2 seater MGV for 400 beans. Problem pretty much destroyed, at least for a while.

I actually think that would do more harm than good. What that would do is drive credit prices on everything up tremendously, which means that the poors would have to farm even more crystite to get than thing they want. Also, would this even increase bean prices in the long run? I bet it would hit rock bottom again within minutes.

Right now, people don't want to buy beans at that high price, and bean havers just want to sell beans now rather than wait weeks. At this point I wouldn't even call it a market right now, it's waiting in line for credits.

e: I think a solution to the problem would be to make these random drops from tokens more of a rarity than it is now. You can get pretty much anything from tokens, and people sell those for super cheap, which makes the bean store way overpriced and unappealing.

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 16, 2014

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I actually think that would do more harm than good. What that would do is drive credit prices on everything up tremendously, which means that the poors would have to farm even more crystite to get than thing they want. Also, would this even increase bean prices in the long run? I bet it would hit rock bottom again within minutes.

Right now, people don't want to buy beans at that high price, and bean havers just want to sell beans now rather than wait weeks. At this point I wouldn't even call it a market right now, it's waiting in line for credits.

e: I think a solution to the problem would be to make these random drops from tokens more of a rarity than it is now. You can get pretty much anything from tokens, and people sell those for super cheap, which makes the bean store way overpriced and unappealing.

There has been a nearly 25k drop in the available red beans for sale in the last few days, vs the slow week long progression of the quantity increasing to about 175k. I don't know what changed that suddenly made the player base flip and suddenly start demanding more than was being provided, unless people withheld selling them because they saw that they weren't selling. With the price hard capped it can't really be the market regulating itself.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Nearing 40 on my dreadnaught. Is it better to use my pilot credits to buy a new frame and level that up, sell it on the market, by modules and sell them on the market? Not sure what the best course of action for boot strapping myself out of being a poor is. I still have the other starting frames to level up if I want more credits, or to play a different frame. Do I get 10 pilot credits for every frame that hits 40, or just the first?

As for acquiring wealth in general, seems like speed running BWA is the way to go, and just using the proceeds from that to buy gear upgrades.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Harrower posted:

Nearing 40 on my dreadnaught. Is it better to use my pilot credits to buy a new frame and level that up, sell it on the market, by modules and sell them on the market? Not sure what the best course of action for boot strapping myself out of being a poor is. I still have the other starting frames to level up if I want more credits, or to play a different frame. Do I get 10 pilot credits for every frame that hits 40, or just the first?

As for acquiring wealth in general, seems like speed running BWA is the way to go, and just using the proceeds from that to buy gear upgrades.

Yes. 10 pilot tokens for every maxed frame.

Money running BWA is pretty good and it takes me 3 runs (less than an hour) of just showing up and opening boxes and ignoring the siphons to hit the 25k cy each day. Anyone who's 24+ can do this but I've found recon / biotechs to be the best suited to the task since they both have good ways to stay alive / full health vs the other three types.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Fina posted:

R5 needs to look at what people are willing to pay for items in credits and use those to re-price everything in Beans.

People have been telling R5 that Red Beans are too expensive since they were revealed. Not only have they resisted/ignored any feedback of the sort, it would be unheard of for a game to revalue their cash shop currency after release. Once that cat is out of the bag, it is too late to ever get it back in.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

xxEightxx posted:

There has been a nearly 25k drop in the available red beans for sale in the last few days, vs the slow week long progression of the quantity increasing to about 175k. I don't know what changed-

People have probably stopped buying beans.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Apple Craft posted:

People have been telling R5 that Red Beans are too expensive since they were revealed. Not only have they resisted/ignored any feedback of the sort, it would be unheard of for a game to revalue their cash shop currency after release. Once that cat is out of the bag, it is too late to ever get it back in.
But now that they've created a free market, their currency has been revalued for them, like it or not. The community obviously values red beans at <100 credits, and short of changing pricing in the red bean store or the real-money cost of red beans, that is not going to change.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

They could change the relative value by increasing the supply of credits or increasing the demand for beans. One way to do this would be as suggested above, by bidding on beans themselves using ex-nihilo credits.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

They could change the relative value by increasing the supply of credits or increasing the demand for beans. One way to do this would be as suggested above, by bidding on beans themselves using ex-nihilo credits.

Devious market fixing is probably beyond a company that can't figure out basic balance issues.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Serious Frolicking posted:

Devious market fixing is probably beyond a company that can't figure out basic balance issues.

They should fix the problem by giving a shitload of credits to Recluse users IMHO

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I believed a lot of the beans on the market was people who bought the starter / digital deluxe packs trying to sell them. I suspect less will be going on the market now that the launch rush has passed.

In unrelated sporting news, I have found a more entertaining way to get bone chips than thumping. What you do is go on the Risky Business mission and take the left path. You'll get a ton of icy aranhas. I usually sprint up to the top so I have a huge train of them and then AOE them to death before the two NPCs that follow along get any kills. I average 10 bone chips per run and it takes about 8 minutes to complete if I stop to get all the boxes too. Boxes add up to about 2k cy.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Not to mention the poo poo storm even suspected market fixing would create, at this point they have to give RedBeans better value and/or are just hosed.

Kalarifik
Jul 19, 2004
I'm a saucy brit

Baller Time posted:

The 20 days of free VIP that alot of beta vets have gotten at launch will run out soon, so that has probably the biggest effect on the bean market right now

This. But in the meantime can't we all just have a cool time with a fun game? Oh, it's goons...

sk3l3tor
Aug 15, 2014
hey i just started firefall. i was wondering who to contact about membership in-game

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, our first j4g.

Also, apply ingame at an army terminal in Copacobana for GOON2 and post in the app who you are on here, Also post here that you applied and as whom.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

sk3l3tor posted:

hey i just started firefall. i was wondering who to contact about membership in-game

Post your introduction thread in GBS and our recruitment guy will get to you

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

sk3l3tor posted:

lol look at this guy who j4g'd in FireFall.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Joining SA for firefall is like getting some one to pos your neg rear end.

BlastTyrant
Jun 24, 2011
applied to goon2 as Insurgent

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Thronde posted:

Holy poo poo, our first j4g.

Also, apply ingame at an army terminal in Copacobana for GOON2 and post in the app who you are on here, Also post here that you applied and as whom.
No.

Morglon posted:

Post your introduction thread in GBS and our recruitment guy will get to you
Yes.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Are there any guides or tips for playing as an arsenal that are recent? Everything that I'm finding is from before they were apparently super heavily nerfed.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Arse-enal is in a weird place right now. I'm treating mine as a more accurate Dread with 2 HKM options. (Use Shoulder rockets inside, mortar outside). It's much more fragile feeling than my Mammoth or Rhino, but that may just be weird poo poo happening. Mine's also only at 16 right now. I really like the LMG and the frame feels more mobile than the Tier 2 dread frames, but I might also be entirely off there.

That said, build it like you would a basic dread and go from there. Combat Shotgun and Particle Beam are both broken right now and hopefully will get fixed soon, they don't scale at all with level right now. I'm running Explosive rounds or whatever the shooty AOE is, Turret Mode and Heavy Armor on mine for lack of anything better.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Ralith posted:

But now that they've created a free market, their currency has been revalued for them, like it or not. The community obviously values red beans at <100 credits, and short of changing pricing in the red bean store or the real-money cost of red beans, that is not going to change.

It happens, if you look at Dota2's market you can see store items are sold for vastly less.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Lemon King posted:

It happens, if you look at Dota2's market you can see store items are sold for vastly less.

Yeah but valve still makes money on market transactions. Red5 doesn't get much value out of people farming crystite to buy things way cheaper with credits.

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Applied to Goon 2 with Beorc

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Digital_Jesus posted:

Red5 doesn't get much value out of people farming crystite to buy things way cheaper with credits.
Exactly, and this is why I think R5 will do something to affect the market. Whatever that might be, I have no idea.

Can cash shop items be sold on the marketplace for credits? Because, if not, that is an obvious way to affect the type of change I am talking about. You essentially widen your market to every player on the servers, because someone has to buy those items with beans before they can be sold on the market for credits. It's a win/win.

e: Wah, I don't get the grenade icon next to my name. :smith:

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Apple Craft posted:

Exactly, and this is why I think R5 will do something to affect the market. Whatever that might be, I have no idea.

Can cash shop items be sold on the marketplace for credits? Because, if not, that is an obvious way to affect the type of change I am talking about. You essentially widen your market to every player on the servers, because someone has to buy those items with beans before they can be sold on the market for credits. It's a win/win.

e: Wah, I don't get the grenade icon next to my name. :smith:

The market is stabilizing pretty fast. The glut went from 175k to 100k in the last couple of days. When that dries up we'll see what happens.

e: SA.com confirmed F2P P2W site. Grenade hat costs an extra :10bux:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Where did the grenade icon come from?

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

ShadowMoo posted:

Where did the grenade icon come from?

Hover your cursor over it. Just means that person has platinum.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Are there any guides or tips for playing as an arsenal that are recent? Everything that I'm finding is from before they were apparently super heavily nerfed.

Oh the class hasn't been nerfed more than any other frame and it still plays exactly the same as it did when it was first released. Just pick up the perks/weapon mods that suit your play style. The Accord Dreadnought has a good selection of abilities that you can use on that frame too.

Whenever I play that frame, I focus on either long range or short range. PB and turret mode for long range, HA and shotgun for short. Keep rocket boots though, because it's The Best.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Yeah but valve still makes money on market transactions. Red5 doesn't get much value out of people farming crystite to buy things way cheaper with credits.

Red 5 makes a ton of money on everything that's on the market because some rear end in a top hat has to buy Gold tokens with lovely drop rates on anything worthwhile to turn into credits.

Morglon fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
I really enjoy the gameplay with the open world PvE. The Job Boards, for all their bog standard MMOness are great for giving something to do, especially when I'm on at 2am and there is nothing else happening. Waiting 10-15 seconds to load the next waypoint is driving me insane, especially when it loads 1k meters away, and I'm still level 15 with no lgv. If I didn't have a reusable glider pad from beta, I would have quit by now. Having to wait to level 40 to unlock a new frame is poo poo. Luckily I also unlocked the firecat and tigerclaw in beta. If I do ever make it to 40 with my firecat, I'm not sure I could stand starting all over at level 1 with no abilities unlocked.

I really want to like this game, but it isn't making it easy.

• Locked thread