Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

totalnewbie posted:

Is it just me or does this game crash like a motherfucker?

I've been getting timed out every 10 minutes while in the lobby on PS4, but that's because Time Warner Cable sucks and can't update their poo poo for at least another day after sony updated theirs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Gazaar posted:

My understanding is Oberon is pretty middling. The newest frame Mirage is wildly overpowered.

drat it. What about the Hydroid or Zephyr? And how did that melee 2.0 thing shake out

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

totalnewbie posted:

Can I do this from steam?

Yeah, the patcher that comes up before the game launches has some options. Hit the gear icon in the top right.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Alrighty it's that time again, it's "I haven't played this game in loving forever (since the Valkyr came out) help".

New frames, any of them actually worth a drat? The Oberon looks classy as hell but if I shouldn't bother I'll just stick with what I got.

Oberon is middle-of-the-road but solid overall. Make sure to use orange energy for a maximum Slamma-Jamming ult. Hydroid is fun and has solid stats and useful powers. He works great in defense, especially against infested. Zephyr is a more mobile Excalibur and is a lot of fun, though Oxium is a pain in the roboass to get. Mirage is cool and considered up there with Nova and Rhino for ridiculousness.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
My favorite :de: moment is when you are chilling on a planet, walk into a room and suddenly you're in space. Then you walk through another door and you're on the side of a mountain.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Hydroid and Zephyr are fun, but godspeed on farming if you don't wanna burn plat. Hydroid requires that you farm specific dudes for color-coordinated nav coordinates that let you build a key to fight a boss. Zephyr requires that you farm 600 Oxium, which drops one or two at a time from a single enemy type that can suicide and drop nothing if you let it ram into you. You can sell your rare mods on the Trade Channel, get 60 Plat easy with some mods, and then buy two bundles of 300 Oxium off the market. Bam, you got the Birdframe!

Mirage is good. Mirage is so good. I don't even care that a stiff breeze can knock her out, Hall of Mirrors and :pcgaming: PRISM :pcgaming: are top-tier.

Turbonerd
Feb 18, 2014
I joined the goonclan. I am a terrible noob space ninja, I have only a somewhat vague idea of what I'm doing, and I keep on falling in pits despite having played for something like 20 hours. Currently I'm trying to kill Jackal a lot to get Rhino Systems.

And I wish I'd noticed the note in the OP about not selling duplicate mods before I sold all my duplicate mods because I didn't even realize I could use them to power up other mods. Welp.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gazaar posted:

My understanding is Oberon is pretty middling. The newest frame Mirage is wildly overpowered.

To say that Mirage is just overpowered is like saying that that the Soma is just slightly better than a Gorgon.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

SwissArmyDruid posted:

To say that Mirage is just overpowered is like saying that that the Soma is just slightly better than a Gorgon.

This is perhaps why I used the modifier wildly?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Gazaar posted:

This is perhaps why I used the modifier wildly?

Wildly, in this case, is still well within the purview of British Understatement.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Wildly, in this case, is still well within the purview of British Understatement.

Didn't know I was British either.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

tlarn posted:

Mirage is good. Mirage is so good. I don't even care that a stiff breeze can knock her out, Hall of Mirrors and :pcgaming: PRISM :pcgaming: are top-tier.

QFT. I'm in the process of leveling Mirage for the first time, and was recently able to slap Prism in and holy poo poo that just melts dudes. I also don't understand how the hell Hall of Mirrors is a loving 1!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Dont't forget to try out the Quanta with Mirage/Hall of Mirrors and Split Barrel. :unsmigghh:

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Don't forget her 3 ability can make you do even more stupidly large amounts of damage.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I still need to get all the stuff to start the Mirage quest, she looks so cool

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Mirage is a fantastically powerful frame, with the sole caveat that Prism's blind effect can sometimes make infested crawlers invisible, which if you don't have Tesla or another power that hits Phantom Zone'd enemies, can make a

Defense unwinnable. And even if you do, on some maps the horribly hard to find.

TheBlandName posted:

Really? Akbolto made it back near the top of the pile? Awesome. I hope it still sounds as good as 7 or 8 updates ago.

Fully kitted out Soma hits around 13k DPS(16k if you slot maxed HCal instead of the Bane mod), and a similarly well equipped Akbolto will hit 18k.

The main problem is that they're extremely ammo-hungry, the secondary issue is not being hitscan. They are extremely good regardless, especially for when you can farm them up.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Guys guess what.

Another one.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Dont't forget to try out the Quanta with Mirage/Hall of Mirrors and Split Barrel. :unsmigghh:

Or a quanta, or since the update - an attica with thunderbolt. All of those with multishot + Hall of Mirrors are crazy fun.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Azran posted:

Guys guess what.

Another one.

You know, I wonder whether it's against the EULA for someone to trade plat buys for paypals while that's up.

I mean, I'd send someone $25 for 2100 plat, a Vigor, and a Shred.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

kafziel posted:

You know, I wonder whether it's against the EULA for someone to trade plat buys for paypals while that's up.

I mean, I'd send someone $25 for 2100 plat, a Vigor, and a Shred.

It is against the EULA. As soon as you're trading for in-game goods, it technically becomes RMT.

They'd be hard-pressed to care in the circumstances described, of course, but technically speaking..

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
I think I officially have a problem...

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Is it that you're playing on the ps4? :rimshot:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

AndroidHub posted:

Is it that you're playing on the ps4? :rimshot:
No, its that I hosed your mother so now I have AIDS.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Yes, the problem is that you left the highlight on your warframe instead of something with more absurd stats on the side. :colbert:

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
no lato prime, no problems

are you as cool as this dude?

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Is the Design Council still a thing?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yes, and it is the source of many awful things to come.

vvv Tetrisphere was great.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 17, 2014

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

tlarn posted:

yes, we have our own little private chat and we try to pretend we didn't, since the only people that actually talk in there are the gems you imagine

(literally just took this)

two images makes this a blog update. minutes ago ive fallen into an untextured, unmapped pit, and I cannot get up

lewtt fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Aug 17, 2014

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...

lewtt posted:

are you as cool as this dude?

He guards my alarm clock. :)

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

tlarn posted:

It's been a bit slow in there lately, but yes, it's still a thing. Most recently, a vote was conducted on the design and name of new alternate helmets for Loki and Nova. Nova's getting pigtails.

Denzine posted:

Tetrisphere was great.
gently caress yes it was.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Helter Skelter posted:

It's been a bit slow in there lately, but yes, it's still a thing. Most recently, a vote was conducted on the design and name of new alternate helmets for Loki and Nova. Nova's getting pigtails.

gently caress yes it was.

Design Council priorities are very much off, since the priorities do not involve sassy mirage getting a sassy finger snap.

Last I read the design forums was ages ago. I stopped when some random guy was suggesting WORM-MAGGOT-FRAME along with some high school math class drawings of worms and maggots

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

lewtt posted:

Design Council priorities are very much off, since the priorities do not involve sassy mirage getting a sassy finger snap.

Last I read the design forums was ages ago. I stopped when some random guy was suggesting WORM-MAGGOT-FRAME along with some high school math class drawings of worms and maggots

That sounds hilarious. Did they suggest powers? Was the Ult just a giant worm?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Helter Skelter posted:

gently caress me, enough with the goddamn hammerhead design for Loki helmets. JUST ONCE I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT THE gently caress I'M SHOOTING AT.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
So is the 'enigma' here supposed to be that it looks almost loving identical to his standard helmet?

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Improbable Lobster posted:

That sounds hilarious. Did they suggest powers? Was the Ult just a giant worm?

I don't think so, I just remember it as a bunch of loving awful drawings. I tried searching the council archives for worm and just ended up with 2013 nova.

Despite some really weird people with really dumb ideas, the design council is probably the most effective method of crowdsourcing I've seen in a game. DE asks for concepts and ideas, and treats them as precisely that. A number of companies with an "interactive" dev team usually end up with them dealing with the terrors of open forums and awful hivemind ideas. People seem to think having a keyboard, liking games, and being able to stare at numbers makes them an expert on gameplay mechanics.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Test-0 posted:

He guards my alarm clock. :)

this is adorable

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Is it the 1 in your account name?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

BarkingSquirrel posted:

You should switch to the Lex or Sicarus Prime since those have a gold-on-white scheme that goes with Wyrm, Loki, Bo and Boltor Prime.
The gold-on-black Bronco is for Frost, Ember or Rhino Prime. :eng101:

:v:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I just started using Mirage and combined with Attica Thunderbolt.... uh, I'm afraid they will probably nerf this. Her hologram clones does only 20% damage but the proc from Thunderbolt is not based on your damage so you get the flat 250 explosive even from her clones. It's ridiculous considering unlike bows, the Attica can go full auto. It's like carpet bombing an area.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

wid posted:

I just started using Mirage and combined with Attica Thunderbolt.... uh, I'm afraid they will probably nerf this. Her hologram clones does only 20% damage but the proc from Thunderbolt is not based on your damage so you get the flat 250 explosive even from her clones. It's ridiculous considering unlike bows, the Attica can go full auto. It's like carpet bombing an area.

Yup, they will absolutely nerf that. But even if they do it's still drat powerful and fun without the clones so it'll still be perfectly viable. For now the important part is anyone with the Attica, Mirage and Thunderbolt should go have a blast while it's still op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

I need a couple more argon crystals..Any ps4 goons wanna do some void defense/survivals?