Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

DAY FOUR: TODAY!

Cloud Potato's new house is now operated as a detention centre by G4S and Serco. Following the failure of their IT departments to get the internet working (invoiced to the tax payer of course) a detained immigrant is forced to sort it out. G4S man posts on Something Awful Dot Com claiming to be Cloud Potato

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Lady Warsi's resignation"

Independent:

Telegraph:

Times:

Express:

:ironicat: You truly could not make it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

BONUS CONTENT! THE CARTOONS CLOUD POTATO DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE

Did you know there are more cartoons published than the ones in this thread? Even at the newspapers featured? It's true! Here's what we've all been missing out on

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Thanks for that. I was going to do it myself, but it turns out I'm far too lazy.

gently caress off you utter shitbag.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

John Singer Sargent's Gassed:

WWI Propaganda poster.

I think one of the thread regulars also did Cameron in a pastiche of this also.

[e]: Here we are, it was Bell:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Aug 6, 2014

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Pesky Splinter posted:

I think one of the thread regulars also did Cameron in a pastiche of this also.

[e]: Here we are, it was Bell:

I think that's more a clever inversion of the recruiting poster instead of a specific jab at Cameron given it's dated 2009... but it's depressingly applicable today.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Party Boat posted:

I think that's more a clever inversion of the recruiting poster instead of a specific jab at Cameron given it's dated 2009... but it's depressingly applicable today.

Yeah we've had this discussion before because I was of the opinion it looked dead like Cameron but it's from before it'd make sense for it to be about him.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Thanks for the updates! I recognised the propaganda one at least but I didn't know anything more about it. If anyone has any more references I can add them in, I was just seeing how fast I could compile the stuff

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
^^^
[e]: N/p baka kaba :)

The only others I recognise is the Kitchener "YOUR COUNTY NEEDS YOU!" recruitment posters, and Jaws, but they're kinda ubiquitous.
Gassed is a pretty haunting painting.

Party Boat posted:

Puntification posted:

Yeah we've had this discussion before because I was of the opinion it looked dead like Cameron but it's from before it'd make sense for it to be about him.

Ah, my mistake then. Didn't know it was that far back (or the news context); I just assumed it was an early version of his Cameron. :shobon:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 6, 2014

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Puntification posted:

It's more current time where Israeli children asking their dads what they did in Gaza when they were away (if I recall it was around the time Israel starting bombing Gaza again and got caught using White phosphorus).

One Steve Bell did during 2005.

Have some more from the past:

There is alot others but its pretty late and I need sleep.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 6, 2014

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Still a Greatest of All Time contender.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I'll do some more

7th OF AUGUST

Guardian:

Independent:

Telegraph:

Express:

spotting a theme here guys

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

8th OF AUGUST

Guardian:

Telegraph:

Times:

Almost didn't see this one, from the thumbnail it looked like some poo poo I'd seen before.
I clicked it and it turns out I was right, but it's dated today, so :confused:

Express:

I get the feeling these are meant to be famous people? They're not pod people and they're outlandishly dressed

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

baka kaba posted:

Express:

Dawn of the Turd Day.

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

baka kaba posted:

Express:

Just noted the British policeman in the fluorescent jacket. Looking for Maddie in Portugal?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Pesky Splinter posted:

Dawn of the Turd Day.

This is pretty amazing - a peek into the mind of the tory party??

Yesterday's Independent I guess!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Come back Cloud Potato we miss you.
Scarfe

I was going to dig up some Morning Star cartoons but it looks like they've redesigned their site and no longer post them online. I did find out that one of their most frequent cartoonists, Leon Kuhn, died earlier this year, so RIP.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Since Cloud Potato is too busy with his new friend I guess I'll do a few more

WEEKEND PARTY TIME

Saturday

Guardian

After the Jolly Fisherman Skegness posters (John Hassall?)

Independent

Putin's looking ruff

Telegraph

:freep::respek::fap:

edit- missed this one
Times

Sunday is a weird day

Guardian

Uhhhh (for... basically everyone, fagging is some stupid poo poo toffs do at boarding school, to prepare them for being entitled shitheads professionally)

Independent

Uhhhhhh

Telegraph

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 11, 2014

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Here's today's crop

Guardian

Independent

Telegraph

Times

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 11, 2014

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Oh God yes second cable guy's the charm sweet lady internet hook it to my veinsssss

Ahem. I apologise for the inconvenience. Many thanks to those who filled in during my absence.

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Iraq – Amid growing calls to recall parliament to allow Britain to join the US in launching air strikes against Isis forces, Downing Street announced the deployment of Tornadoes to Iraq." After Mark Gertler.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Welfare reform must continue, Iain Duncan Smith says

Times:

Express:

Rory McIlroy: US PGA title caps dominant summer

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on prisoners’ right to vote - European court of human rights says UK ban on prisoners voting is unlawful but they should not receive compensation"

Telegraph:

RAF Tornado jets in Cyprus for Iraq aid mission

Independent:

US sends more military advisors to Iraq; Robin Williams: Obituary

Times:

UK warns Moscow over Ukraine aid mission

Express:

Join the Daily Express crusade: Hospital car park rip-off must end

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the fall in UK wages – Britain's economic recovery is not feeding through to workers' pockets according to official figures showing that wages fell for the first time since the 2009 recession, despite a fall in the jobless rate to its lowest point since 2008"

Telegraph:

David Cameron cuts holiday short by a day over Iraq crisis

Independent:

Obituary: Lauren Bacall

Times:

Mail: (First update in over 2 months!)
"Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall have died."

quote:

“Oh no! Robin Williams is booked solid and Lauren Bacall is busy filming.”

Express:

No, but seriously, car parking charges, yeah?

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Why do I get the feeling someone at the Express parked at a hospital recently? UNLEASH THE CRUSADERS

I like Ben Jennings's style but sometimes it's obvious he works digitally clones claiming JSA and food bank aid simultaneously, a right-wing fever dream

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the A-levels results"

Telegraph:

ECB under pressure to boost growth, analysts say

Independent:

Lib Dems pledge further tax-free allowance rise; Drugs Minister Norman Bake calls for pain-relief cannabis to be legal :clegg::respek::rznv:

Times:

Express:

Five million missing out on 'lost' pension money

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Thomas is really knocking them out of the park lately. I don't know if I can take much more of this primo comedy material. I never thought I'd say it but I think he's putting in too much effort with the scenes, even those scribbles are more work than these sorry excuses for observational comedy deserve. He might as well just do this and call it a day

Also Norman Bake? Come on! Wonder if he'll be suffering the same fate as David Nutt for daring to suggest these things.

Pretty sure the Times and Telegraph used the exact same jokes last year

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Gat drat I love how ballsy the UK artists are with their editorial cartoons. It's not even that the idea is 'edgy' but also that it's incredibly effective.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

No good, their noses don't look enough like throbbing, engorged cocks.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"First Dog on the Moon on the arms industry – The life cycle of the arms trade – or should that be death cycle?"

Telegraph:

Football, football, football!

Independent:

No idea who that is, sorry. Iraq crisis: Maliki quits as PM to end deadlock After Francis Bacon.

Times:

Iraq crisis: Yazidi villagers 'massacred' by IS

Stephen Collins:

Rosetta: Comet probe gets down to work
New book coming soon!

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Aug 16, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think that's Maliki.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Thanks, edited a link in.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

e: wrong thread

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Uncle Sam and John Bull revisit Iraq - Chris Riddell on US and British plans to halt Islamic State fighters"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent:

:stare:

Yeah, I got nothin'.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

News + exam results joke = cartoons cartoons cartoons

Crane Fist posted:

:stare:

Yeah, I got nothin'.

Indie dude looooooves drawing Cameron's boobs in loving detail

madlilnerd
Jan 4, 2009

a bush with baggage

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

What story is this one about?

Are the filming a new Speed film in the Docklands?

reddeathdrinker
Aug 5, 2003

Scotland the What?

madlilnerd posted:

Sir Cliff Richard under investigation over historic abuse claims... Summer holiday reference: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbajf_rHzys

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28823699

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

madlilnerd posted:

The police investigating Cliff Richard for an alleged past sex assault involving a boy who was under the age of 16 at the time. It's a reference to the film Summer Holiday, which he starred in.

[e]:beaten.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Heaven help me, I laughed at a Collins.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

mrpwase posted:

Heaven help me, I laughed at a Collins.

There is no shame in that and I will fight anyone who says otherwise

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

reddeathdrinker posted:

Sir Cliff Richard under investigation over historic abuse claims... Summer holiday reference: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbajf_rHzys
I found a better video. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

reddeathdrinker posted:

http://bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28823699

So did everyone on British TV in the 80s sexually assault people?

• Locked thread